Mika makes no 30 in the AfterElton Poll!

babspanky

I certainly don't give a ****.

:roftl:

well, I don't, either. If he wants to talk about it, it is fine but I most definitely don't want him getting bullied into 'admitting' or 'declaring' something he feels belongs to his private sphere and his art only.

I don't want to see him as an activist of any kind. I only see him as an artist and I hope it will stay that way.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have always understood his words that gender means nothing to him. That it doesn't matter if a person is a man or woman.

Yes I've thought that's what he's saying as well and I recall a few people on MFC stating that is their viewpoint on their own sexuality. But if you are prepared to label yourself as Lebanese at every turn I don't see the roadblock to labelling yourself as bisexual. I think gender is a fundamental part of our existence and identity, much moreso than ethnicity.

:roftl:

well, I don't, either. If he wants to talk about it, it is fine but I most definitely don't want him getting bullied into 'admitting' or 'declaring' something he feels belongs to his private sphere and his art only.

I don't want to see him as an activist of any kind. I only see him as an artist and I hope it will stay that way.

Yes me too. People's sexual orientation just is not that important to me on a day to day level. If I like them I like them, end of. :dunno:

But if you are prepared to label yourself as Lebanese at every turn I don't see the roadblock to labelling yourself as bisexual. I think gender is a fundamental part of our existence and identity, much moreso than ethnicity.

Yes, good point.

I don't give a toss what he is into, or if he was to be asexual; I really and honestly don't give a damn, and I also agree with Suzie that I hope he doesn't ever feel forced to 'admit' anything, but in all honesty, I don't think he does....He remained quiet on the subject for years, and nobody really harrassed him about it, and now he seems happy to talk about it, but again, nobody seems to care much. And that to me is a good thing.

As Bab said, I don't give a rat's ass about what people are into. I like (or dislike!) them for who they are as people, and who they are into having sex with bears no weight in my feelings towards them :dunno:

Me as well. I am glad that he feels secure enough with his fanbase that he doesn't feel he has to totally avoid answering all questions, but I don't think it's his duty to be an activist. I would be disappointed if he had misrepresented himself as straight when that wasn't the case, but he's never done that.

You know, I find that hilarious. I've heard many people say that gender doesn't matter to them, etc... Which is fine, I am not saying that it should. Each to their own, etc. But what is a fact is that gender exists, we are male or female (with a few hermaphrodites thrown in for good measure :roftl:) so people will categorise you as bi/gay/straight depending on which genders you are attracted to, and that is that.

It's all very 'modern' and 'arty' to be all like "I don't believe in genders, or stereotypes, or labels" but things are what they are. If you are a man and sleep with men, then you are gay, end of. If you sleep with women too, bi. If you sleep with women only, straight.

I don't see the problem in being categorised, tbh. We are all categorised and labeled in every other plane of life, constantly, all the time. Why not on sexual orientation?

Of course being categorised as something is very different to being attacked for it, but that goes without saying.

i totally agree with you here... if the reason of not being labeled is because he thinks he´s gonna lose fans,then (though i don´t agree) i can understand him... (yeah,believe me,many teens are sure they are marrying him one day)

Yes I've thought that's what he's saying as well and I recall a few people on MFC stating that is their viewpoint on their own sexuality. But if you are prepared to label yourself as Lebanese at every turn I don't see the roadblock to labelling yourself as bisexual. I think gender is a fundamental part of our existence and identity, much moreso than ethnicity.

sara,please... how can i say in english "ahí le has dao!!" ?? :aah:

Yes, good point.

I don't give a toss what he is into, or if he was to be asexual; I really and honestly don't give a damn, and I also agree with Suzie that I hope he doesn't ever feel forced to 'admit' anything, but in all honesty, I don't think he does....He remained quiet on the subject for years, and nobody really harrassed him about it, and now he seems happy to talk about it, but again, nobody seems to care much. And that to me is a good thing.

As Bab said, I don't give a rat's ass about what people are into. I like (or dislike!) them for who they are as people, and who they are into having sex with bears no weight in my feelings towards them :dunno:

:shocked:

:lmfao:

You know, I find that hilarious. I've heard many people say that gender doesn't matter to them, etc... Which is fine, I am not saying that it should. Each to their own, etc. But what is a fact is that gender exists, we are male or female (with a few hermaphrodites thrown in for good measure :roftl:) so people will categorise you as bi/gay/straight depending on which genders you are attracted to, and that is that.

Yes, biologically most of us are either male or female, but there are many people with androgyne features. And I know there are people who actually seem to live like they don't care about gender.

And I see it that I'm straight because my husband is male, but what if I had fallen in love with a woman? These things can't be very clear?

oh yes, that is another approach, actually. Do you mean here that it is his own gender that does not matter to him and not merely the gender of his partner?

I like this interpretation. It's different. :teehee:

I see it that bisexual sees a man and a woman and thinks they both can be sexually attractive, but some people see just two persons and really don't care about their gender. And actually I was thinking about his partner, but I guess the same analogue goes with his own gender too :teehee:

I really don't care :roftl: It doesn't matter to me. And I think there is a message in his songs, and people can see it how they like and it should be enough.

Yes, biologically most of us are either male or female, but there are many people with androgyne features. And I know there are people who actually seem to live like they don't care about gender.

And I see it that I'm straight because my husband is male, but what if I had fallen in love with a woman? These things can't be very clear?

I see it that bisexual sees a man and a woman and thinks they both can be sexually attractive, but some people see just two persons and really don't care about their gender. And actually I was thinking about his partner, but I guess the same analogue goes with his own gender too :teehee:

I really don't care :roftl: It doesn't matter to me. And I think there is a message in his songs, and people can see it how they like and it should be enough.

I met a bisexual few years ago. he is a man who was married and has two children,and then,he met a man,fell in love with him,and left his wife. but after meeting this man,he realised he liked men more than women... and i wonder... even if a man is bisexual,and he can fall in love with either a woman or a man... still he can have preferences... no??? because for example,if a man when he was a teen shagged a girl,but since then,he only shags men,i´m not sure if he´s totally bisexual :aah:

Cliff is gay??

Nicole Kidman is Australian???

Shut up, I tell you! :lmfao::roftl:

I bet it was you who re-tweeted my tweet! :mf_rosetinted:

yes, babspanky did retweet that... she can be an arsehole sometimes i hear :teehee:

Yes, good point.

Sara, you just made me choke on my apple juice!!! :sneaky2:

:aah: too funny!

I met a bisexual few years ago. he is a man who was married and has two children,and then,he met a man,fell in love with him,and left his wife. but after meeting this man,he realised he liked men more than women... and i wonder... even if a man is bisexual,and he can fall in love with either a woman or a man... still he can have preferences... no??? because for example,if a man when he was a teen shagged a girl,but since then,he only shags men,i´m not sure if he´s totally bisexual :aah:

I guess it depends on if he would still sleep with a woman, if he got fed up with the guy, I suppose.

Some guys bounce around both like Tigger on acid.:naughty:

I guess it depends on if he would still sleep with a woman, if he got fed up with the guy, I suppose/

Some guys bounce around both like Tigger on acid.:naughty:

yes,and if a man can be shagging men and women everyday (lucky man,btw) then he can be called bisexual... but i mean that if a man only was once with a woman,and after that,only men.... well... it doesn´t seem very bisexual to me... though,yes,he could say "hey,i fell in love with a woman once,so it can happen to me again,though i have shagged 78347683475 men and no woman since then"

but,hey,im not saying this is mika´s case at all!!!!

yes,and if a man can be shagging men and women everyday (lucky man,btw) then he can be called bisexual... but i mean that if a man only was once with a woman,and after that,only men.... well... it doesn´t seem very bisexual to me... though,yes,he could say "hey,i fell in love with a woman once,so it can happen to me again,though i have shagged 78347683475 men and no woman since then"

That would be the "I haven't found the right woman, but plenty of the right men" defence:roftl:

I totally agree, Rosa, I think that too. In fact *I* think that there are few truly bisexual people. Most cases that I know of, have either been straight or (mostly) gay people experimenting a little with the other sex, or people who were mostly into one gender, and once in a blue moon had something with the other gender. In your example, I would not class that person as bi, but as gay.

And I am NOT commenting on the 'sex with bear' comments, people! :sneaky2::roftl::roftl:

This is umm.. interesting.

Tiziano Ferro gay? ;OO

Yup! He came out last year.

As for all this bisexual talk, my friend is making a documentary on bisexuality and the video is here! Well, it's the trailer lol (the password is bisexuality67)

She doesn't mean having sex with bears! :roftl: Read the rest of the statement: "...bears no weight..."

my english knowledge doesn´t let me read the rest of the statement when the sentence beginds "sex with bears..." :aah:

ok,i´ve read now the complete sentence and i have no clue what she means...:aah:

my english knowledge doesn´t let me read the rest of the statement when the sentence beginds "sex with bears..." :aah:

ok,i´ve read now the complete sentence and i have no clue what she means...:aah:

Bears no weight means that it has no significance or effect, basically :naughty:

oooh!!! how can a non-english-speaker understand that??? :mf_rosetinted: i was about to think they were talking about sex with bears which were on a diet or something....:roftl:

thanx!!!!!!!

:roftl: Well, I am a non english native so maybe I missed a coma. Maybe I should have put a comma after with :teehee:

Archived