Not everything needs a thread

Ha, that's cool: because of 'The Voice of Holland' Mika is TT in the Netherlands. Apparently one contestant resembles Mika.

Seems to be this guy: http://www.thevoiceofholland.com/video/paul-turner-valerie/

OMG, he is nothing like MIka!! (What is wrong with is arms btw? Look like they're made of rubber...:dunno:)

He's from England.

Omg, I'm afraid, no actually I'm relieved that I don't see any resemblance whatsoever :roftl:

ok i dunno where else to ask about this, so i chose this thread..

does mika have a separate french fan club? just that i know EMD is so popular there right now, but still most of the new members here (well at least the ones who bother to introduce themselves or put a location) all seem to be from everywhere else *but* france...or am i missing something?

ok i dunno where else to ask about this, so i chose this thread..

does mika have a separate french fan club? just that i know EMD is so popular there right now, but still most of the new members here (well at least the ones who bother to introduce themselves or put a location) all seem to be from everywhere else *but* france...or am i missing something?

There are two francophone forums and many of their members are also members of MFC.

Mika France http://www.mikafrance.com/forum/

Mikawebsite http://mikawebsiteforum.fr-bb.com/

They are independent (not owned by Mika or his record company) but they are also popular communities and we all try to work together. :thumb_yello:

I was just in the food court of one of the major bank buildings. It's Canada's equivalent of Wall Street with stock brokers, bankers, lawyers, etc. in suits. I thought I was hallucinating when I saw a woman walk by in a Dodgy Holiday Tour 2008 hoodie. :freak:

I was just in the food court of one of the major bank buildings. It's Canada's equivalent of Wall Street with stock brokers, bankers, lawyers, etc. in suits. I thought I was hallucinating when I saw a woman walk by in a Dodgy Holiday Tour 2008 hoodie. :freak:

hahhahh if that would have been in America - I would have chased her down and started talking about MIKA! :roftl: You don't see that here E V E R :teehee:

hahhahh if that would have been in America - I would have chased her down and started talking about MIKA! :roftl: You don't see that here E V E R :teehee:

Oh you don't see that here ever either. Only 1400 people went to that gig and how many bought hoodies? And are now walking around a food court of a financial district almost 4 years later? It was surreal. :roftl: I was still eating otherwise I would have chased her down for sure.

When you americans say "hoodie" you mean a sweater?

When you americans say "hoodie" you mean a sweater?

Hoodie:

bulge2-outed.jpg

Sweater:

ugly-christmas-sweaters-are-growing-in-popularity-for-the-holidays__oPt.jpg

A hoodie is made of sweatshirt material, but it's not a sweater. Make sense? :freak:

This is a cardigan (or cardie), that is a knit sweater that buttons up:

1_mika04.jpg

Was this pic really necessary? :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl::roftl:

Nah, I was kidding... Mika looks so.... erm.... so.... ugly :teehee:

So, you call sweather to what we call t-shirts!!!

this is what we call sweater:

HOT_SALE_ladies_women_s_argyle_round_neck_long_sleeve_sweater_pullover_clothing_apparel_garments.jpg

quite Mika-ish, innit?? :naughty:

we have the same thing called Sweater.

But as for Mika - I realized that I like him even this way! :aah:

Mika looks so.... erm.... so.... ugly :teehee:

I love those pics!!

He looks like a cheetah :das:

1806425373_a83723c8f4_o.jpg

this is what we call sweater:

HOT_SALE_ladies_women_s_argyle_round_neck_long_sleeve_sweater_pullover_clothing_apparel_garments.jpg

They are both sweaters, the other one just happened to have short sleeves. If it's knit then it's a sweater of some sort but it was probably hard to see the fabric in the other pic.

I love those pics!!

He looks like a cheetah :das:

1806425373_a83723c8f4_o.jpg

They are both sweaters, the other one just happened to have short sleeves. If it's knit then it's a sweater of some sort but it was probably hard to see the fabric in the other pic.

A cheetah... :shocked: this must be the oddest comparisson ever :roftl: :roftl:

And I think I got now about the sweater. It´s not about the style but about the fabric. ok. thanks!

Sweater:

ugly-christmas-sweaters-are-growing-in-popularity-for-the-holidays__oPt.jpg

I know it's totally fugly, but I want it.

Yes a sweater could be a pullover, a turtleneck, a cardigan or have short sleeves. But it's knit fabric.

A lot of Aussies call a sweater or pullover a jumper (or a sloppy joe... wow, that's something I haven't heard in ages!)...

Though a turtleneck kinda makes me think of what these guys are wearing:

cmWIGGLES_wideweb__470x349,0.jpg

My daughter's classmates said that she is a nerd. And that they will come to her home, throw away all the books, crash the computer, and bring the telly instead.

Honestly, I consider it as a compliment :aah:

In fact, I'm afraid that she becomes an outcast more and more...but I have a perfect example before my eyes, so we know what to do :wink2:

My daughter's classmates said that she is a nerd. And that they will come to her home, throw away all the books, crash the computer, and bring the telly instead.

Honestly, I consider it as a compliment :aah:

In fact, I'm afraid that she becomes an outcast more and more...but I have a perfect example before my eyes, so we know what to do :wink2:

Being a nerd is amazing...

Reading is food for the mind and having a kid interested in reading and her studies is amazing i think.

Good for her...:teehee:

In a few years shell be the smart one:teehee:

Being a nerd is amazing...

Reading is food for the mind and having a kid interested in reading and her studies is amazing i think.

Good for her...:teehee:

In a few years shell be the smart one:teehee:

She hates school already :boxed:

But I love that she reads a lot, constructs programmed robots at Lego lessons, and doesn't listen to a cheap music :thumb_yello:

In several years she will end up at MFC :naughty: