Would you still love mika if...

grace freddy

If his third album was terrible? If you hated his music? If he wasn't successful, and stopped making music? :blink: I think I have gotten to the stage where I'll love every song that he writes, just because it's by him :wub2: i dunno, its like a mika brand or something...Does anybody else feel the same way, or am I just some weird fangirl?

Oh and this is just hypothetical, I am most certainly NOT saying that those things are possible, let alone likely :)

Oh and this is really random but OMG OMG OMG I just found out that Mika was in cabaret? And he played the emcee? OMG OMG I PLAYED THE EMCEE in our school's version of cabaret!!! Wilkommen, bienvenue, weeeeeeelcooooooome :biggrin2:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If his third album was terrible? If you hated his music? If he wasn't successful, and stopped making music? :blink: I think I have gotten to the stage where I'll love every song that he writes, just because it's by him :wub2: i dunno, its like a mika brand or something...Does anybody else feel the same way, or am I just some weird fangirl?

Oh and this is just hypothetical, I am most certainly NOT saying that those things are possible, let alone likely :)

Oh and this is really random but OMG OMG OMG I just found out that Mika was in cabaret? And he played the emcee? OMG OMG I PLAYED THE EMCEE in our school's version of cabaret!!! Wilkommen, bienvenue, weeeeeeelcooooooome :biggrin2:

:aah: I'll always love him and his music :wub2: I look up to him so much :D

I love just about every kind of music so I think I'll probably enjoy most of the things he does in the future. I think I'd be disappointed if he strayed too far from pop/dance for any length of time though. I enjoyed the Songs For Sorrow EP but if he left a 5 year gap between pop albums to do something like that it would be difficult to stay interested.

I love Mika music sooooooooo much!

I really love every song of his, they all make me happy.:biggrin2:

Every one of his songs have emotions that I felt and can connect with...he isn't like some modern singers who just sing about drinking/dancing in a club :/.

I love Mika music sooooooooo much!

I really love every song of his, they all make me happy.:biggrin2:

Every one of his songs have emotions that I felt and can connect with...he isn't like some modern singers who just sing about drinking/dancing in a club :/.

:wink2:

I pretty much agree - so I think a lot of us are in the same fangurl boat. :fangurl:

Honestly, I'm not sure I could ever truly hate any of Mika's music unless he made a truly radical departure from what he's been doing - and I mean death metal or something. :insane:

What keeps me hooked on Mika is his voice. :wub2: I think the only thing he's ever done that I didn't love was his

Apart from that I've loved everything he's ever sung on - all his covers, and all his own music from Over My Shoulder to One Foot Boy (which in itself is a pretty wild genre swing). So as long as he keeps sounding so freakin' amazing, I just don't see myself hating his next album. Or the next one, or the one after that. :teehee:

If he stopped making music altogether I'd be heartbroken. :crybaby: When you combine Mika's voice with his superhuman ability to create brilliant melodies, it would be a tragedy for him to stop sharing that with the world. Even if Album 3 sold just 10,000 copies and his label dropped him (not like that would ever happen of course :shun:) I would hope that in between writing or producing for other people or whatever, he'd still put out the occasional indie EP and sell it to whoever happened to still be listening. I know I'd still be listening. :wub2:

I pretty much agree - so I think a lot of us are in the same fangurl boat. :fangurl:

Honestly, I'm not sure I could ever truly hate any of Mika's music unless he made a truly radical departure from what he's been doing - and I mean death metal or something. :insane:

What keeps me hooked on Mika is his voice. :wub2: I think the only thing he's ever done that I didn't love was his

Apart from that I've loved everything he's ever sung on - all his covers, and all his own music from Over My Shoulder to One Foot Boy (which in itself is a pretty wild genre swing). So as long as he keeps sounding so freakin' amazing, I just don't see myself hating his next album. Or the next one, or the one after that. :teehee:

If he stopped making music altogether I'd be heartbroken. :crybaby: When you combine Mika's voice with his superhuman ability to create brilliant melodies, it would be a tragedy for him to stop sharing that with the world. Even if Album 3 sold just 10,000 copies and his label dropped him (not like that would ever happen of course :shun:) I would hope that in between writing or producing for other people or whatever, he'd still put out the occasional indie EP and sell it to whoever happened to still be listening. I know I'd still be listening. :wub2:

I agre with pretty much everything you said (except about liking Over My Shoulder, I just can't bring myself to like it). I've never liked Over My Shoulder and I don't like 3/4 of Songs for Sorrow, so even if there were a lot of Mika's songs on the 3rd album that I didn't like, I'd find something to like, or they're grow on me... geez, I only just started liking By The Time this year, and the album's been out since 2009! Toy Boy is probably the only song on TBWKTM that I dislike.

And as you know Mana, Hanson left their record label in between This Time Around and Underneath, and started their own record label. They seem to be doing pretty well for themselves, so no doubt Mika could do the same thing. You don't need to be signed to a record label to release music...

And as you know Mana, Hanson left their record label in between This Time Around and Underneath, and started their own record label. They seem to be doing pretty well for themselves, so no doubt Mika could do the same thing. You don't need to be signed to a record label to release music...

That's exactly what I was thinking actually. :teehee:

I love his music and always will love it,and always will follow all his projects and all the things that he does.

Now I know he exists and it's impossible forget him :wub2::wub2:

I always want Mika in my life :blush-anim-cl:

I love his voice, it does something to my brain that I just can't describe. :teehee: So even if he changed his music to a style that wasn't my cup of tea, I'd still probably enjoy it. I can't imagine the album would be terrible, he's too much of a perfectionist for that. I mean, even if I didn't like it, that wouldn't mean it was terrible! :wink2:

And I'm definitely at a point where I'd appreciate anything he wrote, because I know where he's coming from. If that makes sense.

Ah, I've seen clips from stage productions of Cabaret on youtube, and when I heard Mika had played the Emcee, I was utterly :stretcher: trying to picture that. :naughty:

I think it would be easier for me to be stop liking him than his music.

His work pretty much gathers everything I like the most in music: good lyrics (some with twisted meanings, which I love), great voice and amazing musical arrangements, plus his shows are fantastic, I can't imagine myself NOT liking them. :wub2:

But I guess we can always be disappointed with the person behind the music, right? Not that I see it happening with Mika, but anyway... :wink2:

IF he'd start making horrible music...well...I'd still have 2 good albums to listen to, right? :naughty::naughty:

I'd never stop loving Mika. Once a fan, always a fan.

Very true! As for his future career, I think it's exciting to picture it. As long as he doesn't do any more of those exclusive/Louboutin/limited edition things. It's not that I would go off him if he did, I'd never do that, but to me such things are a waste of his time and talent, not to mention that those things would never be enough to promote him in a cut-throat industry.

I'd love for Mika to continue to record albums, but I also see his songwriting evolving. I think, as he gets more experienced, his music will be even more awesome!

What I'd love though, is for Mika to branch out, as he seems to have started to, writing for other singers, maybe one day start his own record label and discover new talent. Possibly write a musical. He could be the new Andrew Lloyd Webber, or dare I say it, Arthur Sullivan!

I think there are no limits to what he can achieve, but on the other hand, if he gave it all up tomorrow (which he won't) I'd still have my wonderful memories, and his recordings, to see me through. For me, there will never be another like Mika!

But I guess we can always be disappointed with the person behind the music, right? Not that I see it happening with Mika, but anyway...

I agree. Mika could turn into a total jack*ss, but he still sings like nobody's business. :teehee:

That said, it's all just easier to embrace as a fan if you can embrace the whole package - man and music. So Mika, don't go turning into a jack*ss, mmmkay? Thanks. :roftl:

if I hated his music I would know that I`m dreaming cause this will n.e.v.e.r. happen!!!!

I love his music and always will love it,and always will follow all his projects and all the things that he does.

Now I know he exists and it's impossible forget him :wub2::wub2:

I always want Mika in my life :blush-anim-cl:

:thumb_yello:

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting answers... I agree with you guys that it will never happen, but I was just thinking about it hypothetically :) I think I will probably always be an avid listener, even if the album isn't successful. He has quite the loyal fans! :biggrin2:

I'd never stop loving Mika. Once a fan, always a fan.

I love our fangurl boat :thumb_yello:

And Mika's voice put a spell on me for ever :wub2:

I'm addicted to Mika for life and I already know I'll love his next album and all the others :fangurl:

I don't think I could ever stop loving him!

I mean, I don't know him that well, but I can see myself in a rocking chair 50 years from now telling my grandchildren about the lovely melodies a skinny, curly headed, British kid sang to me through a pair of IPod headphones.

Totally agreed! You've summed up exactly how I feel about it.

I think it would be easier for me to be stop liking him than his music.

His work pretty much gathers everything I like the most in music: good lyrics (some with twisted meanings, which I love), great voice and amazing musical arrangements, plus his shows are fantastic, I can't imagine myself NOT liking them. :wub2:

But I guess we can always be disappointed with the person behind the music, right? Not that I see it happening with Mika, but anyway... :wink2:

And, again, you have also captured exactly how I feel about things. I can totally see myself disliking Mika the person if there would be evidence of him becoming a bit of a prick, but I could never dislike his music (unless he starts churning out some horrid stuff all of a sudden :naughty:

That said, it's all just easier to embrace as a fan if you can embrace the whole package - man and music. So Mika, don't go turning into a jack*ss, mmmkay? Thanks. :roftl:

And just to keep with the spirit of my posts in this thread, which is to steal other people's words to reflect my own feelings, for the third time I say: Exactly :teehee:

Even though I would still like his music and follow him, I would never be a fan to the same level, or have the same involvement with him and his 'cause'. You just lose something if you think the person behind it is a bit of a dick, rather than truly liking them :dunno:

I´d love to say I will always love Mika forever.... but... I´m not sure about it... I´m sure I will love my son forever,my mom,my dad... but...Mika?

Now I´m 33 and maybe that gives me a head over my shoulders,but I remember when I was 20,I fancied other popstars and I actually remember saying "oh my God,I will love them forever!! They are the best singers in the world!!" and today,I don´t even remember their names... :aah:

My musical taste has changed too much,and I started to follow boy-bands when I was a teenager (NKOTB),then started with rock (Lou Reed,Iggy Pop,Talking Heads) now Mika... but now I´m following a new group from Dublin and they do electronic music... (I always HATED electronic music) so I´m not sure about my musical taste at all... if two years ago I was been told "you are going to fancy a weirdo pop singer" I would have answered "kiss my *ss,no way!!"

So,eventhough now I think I will love him forever I´m not sure what life will decide to do with me in the following years...

Today I´ve downloaded two songs (Anastasia and Beyonce) and I still don´t know why! I THOUGHT I DISLIKED POP MUSIC!!! :aah::aah:

I think it´s all in Mika´s hands. If he works hard and goes in the line he´s now,I really think most of us will be here for a long long time...

Archived