New Mika Song in French: "Elle me dit"

mellody

:biggrin2:

yeah, same here, that's why I like it, it's dancy, but not too disco, his songs always have a peculiar style :thumb_yello:

exactly, the atmosphere is so positive, relaxed, easy-going: I let myself go and forget anything else, to me it's magic like most Mika's tracks :wub2:

it's a powerful antidepressant, makes me wanna sing, dance and enjoy life :excite:

I get the message to love, appreciate, enjoy and fully live life despite all the problems

Exactly my dear, that's what I need: not to be under stressful situations, under pressure of any kind, but to feel gioia di vivere :teehee::blush-anim-cl:

I really love this song, even if I can't pronounce a single word. Thank god my friends know french, and help me with the lyrics. I can sing the first 3(!) lines and part of the chorus. Woo.

THAT, is a very good point.

It just fits the rhythm I guess...! :naughty:

'Empty loving, makes me si-ick' doesn't quite sound as poetic :aah:

There are many Mika lyrics you can think too much into :naughty:

That's true :naughty:

Wow.. I've been out of the Internet for just a week and see, what I've missed :blink: All the fun stuff.

I love this new song. It's sounds so beautiful in French, allthough I understand nothing. Mika is gorgeous as always :teehee:

Since we're discussing lyrics ,

How can empty loving make you SEAsick ? :blink:

:aah:

This line always made sense to me. When I'm in a relationship, or even occasionally when dealing with a friend, and it just isn't right for whatever reason (empty loving) I usually end up with a stomach ache somewhat similar to seasickness.

Exactly my dear, that's what I need: not to be under stressful situations, under pressure of any kind, but to feel gioia di vivere :teehee::blush-anim-cl:
joie de vivre: who wouldn't need that? :biggrin2:

and that's what Mika gives me, at least for a song length time :wub2:

Edited by mari62

I figured out chords! :teehee:

Preview Tab

Elle Me Dit tab by Eloise. This is my first one :D

Capo 6

E

Elle me dit

B

Écris une chanson contente

A

Pas une chanson deprimante

E B A

Une chanson que tout le monde aime

E

Elle me dit

B

Tu deviendras milliardaire

A

Tu auras de quoi etre fier

E B A

Ne finis pas comme ton pere

E

Elle me dit

B

Ne t'enfermes pas dans ta chambre

A

Vas-y secoue-toi et danse

E B A

Dis moi c'est quoi ton probleme

E

Elle me dit

B

Qu'est-ce que t'as pas l'air coiffe

A

T'es defonce ou te gagnes

E B A

Tu finiras comme ton frere

Elle me dit

E

Elle me dit, c'est ta vie

B

Fais c'que ta veux, tant pis

C#m7

Un jour tu comprendras

A

Un jour tu t'en voudras

E

Elle me dit, t'es trop nul

B

Sors un peu de ta bulle

C#m7

Tu fais n'importe quoi

A

On dirait que t'aimes ca

E

Pourquoi tu gaches ta vie

B A

E

B A

Danse danse danse

E

B A

E

B A

Danse danse danse

E

Elle me dit

Fais comme les autres garçons

B A

Vas taper dans un ballon

E B A

Tu deviendras populaire

E

Elle me dit

Qu'est-ce tu fous sur internet

B A

Ca va pas bien dans ta tete

E B A

Regardes le temps que tu perds

E

Elle me dit

Pourquoi tu te plains tout le temps

B A

On dirait que t'as 8 ans

E B A

C'est pas comme ca que tu vas m'plaire

E

Elle me dit

Un jour je serais plus la

B A

Mais c'est quand elle me dit ca

E B A

Qu'elle me dit un truc que j'aime

E

B

Fais c'que tu veux, tant pis

C#m7

Un jour tu comprendras

A

Un jour tu t'en voudras

E

B

Sors un peu de ta bulle

C#m7

Tu fais n'importe quoi

A

On dirait que t'aimes ça

E

B A

E

B A

Danse danse danse

E

B A

E

B A

Danse danse danse

E

Elle me dit

T'as pas encore des ch’veux blancs

B A

Mais t'auras bientot 30 ans

E B A

Vaudrait mieux que tu te reveils

E

Elle me dit

Tu es toujours un enfant

B A

Tu ne seras jamais grand

E B A

Et moi je suis deja vieille

E

Elle me dit

Regardes un peu tes amis

B A

Qu'est-ce qu'ils vont faire de leur vie

E B A

Il y a de quoi se foutre en l'air

E

Elle me dit

Oui un jour tu me tueras

B A

E B A

E B A

Elle me dit danse (x8)

Repeat CHORUS.

Can anyone explain to me what does "I´ll say nothing on your microphone till you swear to take me home" :mf_rosetinted: mean??

I have to say that sentence was never crystal-clear to me. Especially not as one foot boy has a tendency to change meaning with my mood. But in general I think that one foot boy is about experiencing pressure and lack of acceptance and understanding (quite possibly workrelated such), and "I'll say nothing on your microphone till you swear to take me home" = I won't even try to be productive for you unless you accept me.

Now that I think about it one foot boy is sort of like a follow up to Grace Kelly but where the person has more power but therefore also more responsibility and expectations (on his shoulders).

Else I def agree with suzie, interpret the songs anyway you want :-). Just enjoy the music. :pinkbow:

For those who are worried, given his track record, many other styles will be represented on the new album, so we don't have to fear him making an entire album of club dance music. There will be plenty of stuff on the new album for everybody to fall in love with regardless of their preferences and dislikes. :thumb_yello:

I totally agree with that. I also don't think he'd be working with so many writers and producers if he was going for one sound.

I totally agree with that. I also don't think he'd be working with so many writers and producers if he was going for one sound.

I´m not sure if it makes sense in English, but here in Spain, when someone is doing "too many" things, we say "aprendiz de todo,maestro de nada" which means more or less " to be a jack of all trades and master of none".

I think we all were waiting a "sample" of his new album, and we got a bit disappointed with the song. But as he has said several times "it´s a summer song" which in Mika´s words could mean "I know it´s nothing special" :aah: and well... it sounds quite good when it´s played at festivals... so... Though I was totally disappointed with the song at first, now I must to admit that it is what it is, a summer song which was written in 2 days, and to promote a gig in a concrete country, so.... it´s ok.

I´m not sure if it makes sense in English, but here in Spain, when someone is doing "too many" things, we say "aprendiz de todo,maestro de nada" which means more or less " to be a jack of all trades and master of none".

I think we all were waiting a "sample" of his new album, and we got a bit disappointed with the song. But as he has said several times "it´s a summer song" which in Mika´s words could mean "I know it´s nothing special" :aah: and well... it sounds quite good when it´s played at festivals... so... Though I was totally disappointed with the song at first, now I must to admit that it is what it is, a summer song which was written in 2 days, and to promote a gig in a concrete country, so.... it´s ok.

It makes sense to me!

Are we sure this single is part of the new album, or will it be like Kick Ass: just a single? :dunno:

It makes sense to me!

Are we sure this single is part of the new album, or will it be like Kick Ass: just a single? :dunno:

Mika said it was going to be a bonus.... We think it´s just gonna be released in France, but still... who believes what Mika says? :mf_rosetinted:

The vocal distortion that many complained about earlier in this thread is the result of auto-tuning. Auto-tuning is a process in which a vocal recording is passed through a filter that adjusts the sung notes to a perfect pitch, thus auto-correcting the tune of a sung line.

Many artists have begun using auto-tuning as an artistic gimmick because it allows for interesting vocal distortions. That use of auto-tuning is most frequently found in club dance music.

This song is very much in the style of club dance music, so it makes sense that Mika would use auto-tuning in the way that is common in dance music. It would sound less like club dance music if he didn't and the song wouldn't work the way it does now.

I don't expect this be a trend with Mika because Mika borrows heavily from a variety of genres. Toy Boy sounds nothing like By The Time and neither song sounds like Relax.

This isn't the first time Mika has used auto-tune. It's just the first time he's used it in the way that is common to this style of club dance music because this is the first time he's released a song in this style (that wasn't a B-side remix on a single.)

For those who are worried, given his track record, many other styles will be represented on the new album, so we don't have to fear him making an entire album of club dance music. There will be plenty of stuff on the new album for everybody to fall in love with regardless of their preferences and dislikes. :thumb_yello:

Well put. :biggrin2:

I figured out chords! :teehee:

Preview Tab

Elle Me Dit tab by Eloise. This is my first one :D

Capo 6

E

Elle me dit

B

Écris une chanson contente

A

Pas une chanson deprimante

E B A

Une chanson que tout le monde aime

E

Elle me dit

B

Tu deviendras milliardaire

A

Tu auras de quoi etre fier

E B A

Ne finis pas comme ton pere

E

Elle me dit

B

Ne t'enfermes pas dans ta chambre

A

Vas-y secoue-toi et danse

E B A

Dis moi c'est quoi ton probleme

E

Elle me dit

B

Qu'est-ce que t'as pas l'air coiffe

A

T'es defonce ou te gagnes

E B A

Tu finiras comme ton frere

Elle me dit

E

B

Fais c'que ta veux, tant pis

C#m7

Un jour tu comprendras

A

Un jour tu t'en voudras

E

B

Sors un peu de ta bulle

C#m7

Tu fais n'importe quoi

A

On dirait que t'aimes ca

E

B A

E

B A

Danse danse danse

E

B A

E

B A

Danse danse danse

E

Elle me dit

Fais comme les autres garçons

B A

Vas taper dans un ballon

E B A

Tu deviendras populaire

E

Elle me dit

Qu'est-ce tu fous sur internet

B A

Ca va pas bien dans ta tete

E B A

Regardes le temps que tu perds

E

Elle me dit

Pourquoi tu te plains tout le temps

B A

On dirait que t'as 8 ans

E B A

C'est pas comme ca que tu vas m'plaire

E

Elle me dit

Un jour je serais plus la

B A

E B A

E

B

Fais c'que tu veux, tant pis

C#m7

Un jour tu comprendras

A

Un jour tu t'en voudras

E

B

Sors un peu de ta bulle

C#m7

Tu fais n'importe quoi

A

On dirait que t'aimes ça

E

B A

E

B A

Danse danse danse

E

B A

E

B A

Danse danse danse

E

Elle me dit

T'as pas encore des ch’veux blancs

B A

Mais t'auras bientot 30 ans

E B A

Vaudrait mieux que tu te reveils

E

Elle me dit

Tu es toujours un enfant

B A

Tu ne seras jamais grand

E B A

Et moi je suis deja vieille

E

Elle me dit

Regardes un peu tes amis

B A

Qu'est-ce qu'ils vont faire de leur vie

E B A

Il y a de quoi se foutre en l'air

E

Elle me dit

Oui un jour tu me tueras

B A

E B A

E B A

Elle me dit danse (x8)

Repeat CHORUS.

C#M7! AH! I LOVE YOU! I've been trying to figure that out for half an hour :aah:

so i got an answer back from the radiostation i sent the link too. they said i should mail it to their music coördinator. Which i just did(with the link i got from Mika facebook page)...now it's wait and see :teehee:

The vocal distortion that many complained about earlier in this thread is the result of auto-tuning. Auto-tuning is a process in which a vocal recording is passed through a filter that adjusts the sung notes to a perfect pitch, thus auto-correcting the tune of a sung line.

Many artists have begun using auto-tuning as an artistic gimmick because it allows for interesting vocal distortions. That use of auto-tuning is most frequently found in club dance music.

This song is very much in the style of club dance music, so it makes sense that Mika would use auto-tuning in the way that is common in dance music. It would sound less like club dance music if he didn't and the song wouldn't work the way it does now.

I don't expect this be a trend with Mika because Mika borrows heavily from a variety of genres. Toy Boy sounds nothing like By The Time and neither song sounds like Relax.

This isn't the first time Mika has used auto-tune. It's just the first time he's used it in the way that is common to this style of club dance music because this is the first time he's released a song in this style (that wasn't a B-side remix on a single.)

Absolutely, completely, utterly agree with you.

so i got an answer back from the radiostation i sent the link too. they said i should mail it to their music coördinator. Which i just did(with the link i got from Mika facebook page)...now it's wait and see :teehee:

Be pointless doing that on R1 here.

They are so narrow minded, they wouldn't play it unless you said it was someone else, and that would be pointless.

They are so narrow minded, they wouldn't play it unless you said it was someone else, and that would be pointless.

What? Why?

Wasn't R1 one of his big promoters a couple of years ago, or am I wrong? :blink:

oh no, here they play mika quite often, yesterday he was played 3 times:teehee:

so i'm hoping they'll play Elle me dit soon too:teehee:

What? Why?

Wasn't R1 one of his big promoters a couple of years ago, or am I wrong? :blink:

When he first appeared, they had Scott Mills, Jo Whiley and Sara Cox in prominent shows during the week, so he got a lot of attention.

Now it's just Scott that has the best position to push for him, but the rest of the djs couldn't care less about him. Fearne and Greg who have the midmorning/afternoon shows, have made sneery comments when they've played him, which made me want to vomit when Fearne had him on her show, and was sliming all over him. So hypocritical.

I think Chris Moyles likes him a bit, as they had a laugh on his show.

Is it any wonder he tends to gravitate to R2 when he wants to promote anything now. They have a bit more respect to him and his music, and Jo Whiley is on there now, so I suspect he'll get played a little more on there.

Why would they? They don't just randomly play anything a listener recommends them. They work closely together with record companies in terms selecting singles that would make it into their playlist if approved by management. Is this song going to be released in the UK? I guess not. Let's suppose for a moment that it was... then would Universal support this odd song instead of singles from albums that are already out there and waiting to be promoted? I doubt it but it is record company decision anyway.

And then there is the listener who they also need to consider. Do they want to listen to a French song instead of Rihanna? I think the sad reality is that they don't.

I listen to some commercial stations and local BBC stations, and haven't heard any of his songs on there.

Amazing that back in 07, everyone wanted to play his music, when TBWKTM they didn't care about him at all.

Yet they play rubbish like LMFAO and Pitbull, and the like, which is just disposible dance music to me. Not that great, Elle Me Dit is much more dancable.