New Mika Song in French: "Elle me dit"

mellody

Why would they? They don't just randomly play anything a listener recommends them. They work closely together with record companies in terms selecting singles that would make it into their playlist if approved by management. Is this song going to be released in the UK? I guess not. Let's suppose for a moment that it was... then would Universal support this odd song instead of singles from albums that are already out there and waiting to be promoted? I doubt it but it is record company decision anyway.

And then there is the listener who they also need to consider. Do they want to listen to a French song instead of Rihanna? I think the sad reality is that they don't.

i dont live in the UK, but in belgium, and as for french songs, they do get played here, so,

one can always hope, no?

i dont live in the UK, but in belgium, and as for french songs, they do get played here, so,

one can always hope, no?

I thought you were referring to UK stations playing it. Rose was and my comment was on them.

Of course here is no harm in hoping. I just like to do some reality check before I raise my hopes :teehee:

Why would they? They don't just randomly play anything a listener recommends them. They work closely together with record companies in terms selecting singles that would make it into their playlist if approved by management. Is this song going to be released in the UK? I guess not. Let's suppose for a moment that it was... then would Universal support this odd song instead of singles from albums that are already out there and waiting to be promoted? I doubt it but it is record company decision anyway.

And then there is the listener who they also need to consider. Do they want to listen to a French song instead of Rihanna? I think the sad reality is that they don't.

You'll be surprised.

Scott Mills always comes back from holidays and plays, some complete random music he's heard when he's away, and has started some cult followings for totally out there artists.

And it was Scott who made David Hasselhoff cool here again, he was responsible for Get Into My Car getting into the charts here.

So you never know really.

I thought you were referring to UK stations playing it. Rose was and my comment was on them.

Of course here is no harm in hoping. I just like to do some reality check before I raise my hopes :teehee:

no i was referring to belgian stations :teehee:

well i got the mail from the station saying, i should send it to their music coördinator, so there's a bit of hope , i think :blush-anim-cl:

I listen to some commercial stations and local BBC stations, and haven't heard any of his songs on there.

Amazing that back in 07, everyone wanted to play his music, when TBWKTM they didn't care about him at all.

Yet they play rubbish like LMFAO and Pitbull, and the like, which is just disposible dance music to me. Not that great, Elle Me Dit is much more dancable.

yes, in 2007 he was trendy, in 2009 he no longer was. It is more about the image than the music, I believe. I agree many of these DJs are hypocritical. It is almost part of their job though. Let's not forget they are also disposable. They basically change their mind if public opinion changes. I don't think these people have thoughts of their own any more.

yes, in 2007 he was trendy, in 2009 he no longer was. It is more about the image than the music, I believe. I agree many of these DJs are hypocritical. It is almost part of their job though. Let's not forget they are also disposable. They basically change their mind if public opinion changes. I don't think these people have thoughts of their own any more.

I think you could be right.

I recall someone on Twitter, sneer about Fearne and the fact every new artist that comes up, she gushes about how she loves them.

A year down the line you never hear her mention or play them again, as she's moved on to the next new artist.

And it was Scott who made David Hasselhoff cool here again, he was responsible for Get Into My Car getting into the charts here.

:aah:

Do we really want Mika to be promoted by him then?

He seems to cater for the needs of some special listener segment. The promoter of 'cool to be uncool' stars then? And I am being really kind with words now.:roftl:

PS: I have just listed to that song. It must be only some funny nostalgia with David Hasselhoff ...:lmfao:

Edited by suzie

:aah:

Do we really want Mika to be promoted by him then?

He seems to cater for the needs of some special listener segment. The promoter of 'cool to be uncool' stars then? And I am being really kind with words now.:roftl:

PS: I have just listed to that song. It must be only some funny nostalgia with David Hasselhoff ...:lmfao:

Scott really likes Mika, he's a big fan, I'm sure that if he heard Elle Me Dit, he might play it on his show.

Scott really likes Mika, he's a big fan, I'm sure that if he heard Elle Me Dit, he might play it on his show.

Yes, I really hope that, too.:thumb_yello:

I remember those funny interviews from 2007 and him pretending to be Mika and singing GK..etc:roftl:

I am just not quite sure how much his hands are tied in terms of what he plays and how often he does so.

Edited by suzie

Yes Rosa we have that saying in English but I have always thought that was the case from the moment I listened to LICM and realized that none of his songs sound anything like Grace Kelly and in fact very few sounded like another. In my opinion the only thing he needs to master is pop music and not any particular sub-genre or sound. As long as he's making music and not faffing around trying to be an illustrator or a stock broker or a fireman then I think he is on the right track.

Every song cannot be Grace Kelly so I'd rather hear a dozen totally different songs that each have their own merits than a dozen copies of GK that could really never measure up to the original.

I have very eclectic tastes in music and Mika obviously does too so I'm glad he doesn't stick to the same thing over and over. My attention span for most artists (especially bands, who rarely alter their sound) is usually 2 albums. After that it just sounds dated and boring to me.

Yes, I really hope that, too.:thumb_yello:

I remember those funny interviews from 2007 and him pretending to be Mika and singing GK..etc:roftl:

I am just not quite sure how much his hands are tied in terms of what he plays and how often he does so.

I think he probably is to a certain extent. With these other artists he most likely gets away with it, as they aren't signed, and with the Hoff it was a surprise, as he was signed but Scott was still allowed to push it.

Yes Rosa we have that saying in English but I have always thought that was the case from the moment I listened to LICM and realized that none of his songs sound anything like Grace Kelly and in fact very few sounded like another. In my opinion the only thing he needs to master is pop music and not any particular sub-genre or sound. As long as he's making music and not faffing around trying to be an illustrator or a stock broker or a fireman then I think he is on the right track.

Every song cannot be Grace Kelly so I'd rather hear a dozen totally different songs that each have their own merits than a dozen copies of GK that could really never measure up to the original.

I have very eclectic tastes in music and Mika obviously does too so I'm glad he doesn't stick to the same thing over and over. My attention span for most artists (especially bands, who rarely alter their sound) is usually 2 albums. After that it just sounds dated and boring to me.

Yes, I understand it. If something is always the same is boring. And yes, Mika changes from one song to another and it´s great. So, let´s say that this "Elle me dit" is something he just "needed" to do, and he will back to what he always did: writting songs like SITM and PUOTF or Relax... three songs, three different ways of making music... "in change we trust" :aah: (but not a drastic change, huh Mika??)

and about Mika being a firemen.... :mf_rosetinted: let me disagree a bit... :mf_rosetinted: I think a firemen calendar with a Mika pic in it would fit perfectly in my room :mf_rosetinted:

Yes, I understand it. If something is always the same is boring. And yes, Mika changes from one song to another and it´s great. So, let´s say that this "Elle me dit" is something he just "needed" to do, and he will back to what he always did: writting songs like SITM and PUOTF or Relax... three songs, three different ways of making music... "in change we trust" :aah: (but not a drastic change, huh Mika??)

and about Mika being a firemen.... :mf_rosetinted: let me disagree a bit... :mf_rosetinted:I think a firemen calendar with a Mika pic in it would fit perfectly in my room :mf_rosetinted:

:teehee::wub2:

Strangely, I find myself going back to artists I loved when I was a kid and discovering that they still do make great music.:wink2:

I think that is exactly why Mika reminds me of FM / Queen. Their albums usually included a wide range of songs from many genres and I never get bored when listening to them. At the same time, their music evolved from one album to another. It did not mean getting better, but trying different sounds and concepts...etc., without fully succumbing to one particular trend.

When he first appeared, they had Scott Mills, Jo Whiley and Sara Cox in prominent shows during the week, so he got a lot of attention.

Now it's just Scott that has the best position to push for him, but the rest of the djs couldn't care less about him. Fearne and Greg who have the midmorning/afternoon shows, have made sneery comments when they've played him, which made me want to vomit when Fearne had him on her show, and was sliming all over him. So hypocritical.

I think Chris Moyles likes him a bit, as they had a laugh on his show.

Is it any wonder he tends to gravitate to R2 when he wants to promote anything now. They have a bit more respect to him and his music, and Jo Whiley is on there now, so I suspect he'll get played a little more on there.

Thank you for the explanation!:thumb_yello: