NRJ Music Awards 2012 - Vote Mika for Pre-nominations!!!

skiwi

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mika will be at NRJ music awards show!!!

http://fr.news.yahoo.com/mika-nrj-music-awards-2012-102700490.html

Mika sera présent le 28 janvier prochain à Cannes pour la 13eme cérémonie des NRJ Music Awards , retransmise en direct sur TF1. Le chanteur avait été récompensé en 2008 du trophée de la Révélation Internationale de l'année. Cette année, Mika est nommé dans deux catégories : artiste masculin international de l'année et clip de l'année pour la chanson Elle me dit .

"Mika will be there next January 28 in Cannes for the 13th NRJ Music Awards ceremony, broadcast live on TF1. The singer was awarded in 2008 "International Revelation of the year". This year, Mika is nominated in two categories: international male artist of the year and video of the year for the song "Elle me dit".

Brilliant!! Thanks for posting :thumb_yello:

Mika sera présent le 28 janvier prochain à Cannes pour la 13eme cérémonie des NRJ Music Awards , retransmise en direct sur TF1. Le chanteur avait été récompensé en 2008 du trophée de la Révélation Internationale de l'année. Cette année, Mika est nommé dans deux catégories : artiste masculin international de l'année et clip de l'année pour la chanson Elle me dit .

"Mika will be there next January 28 in Cannes for the 13th NRJ Music Awards ceremony, broadcast live on TF1. The singer was awarded in 2008 "International Revelation of the year". This year, Mika is nominated in two categories: international male artist of the year and video of the year for the song "Elle me dit".

great news, thanks for posting :fangurl::fangurl:

excellent news:biggrin2:

Don't even know where to post it :naughty:

In another one article about Loubi Mika was called a FRENCH singer:

It includes photographs of Dita von Teese (burlesque and fetish star), actress Kristin Scott Thomas, French pop singer Mika, as well as Louboutin's sister Farida.

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/article/?id=490748&type=Feature

Don't even know where to post it :naughty:

In another one article about Loubi Mika was called a FRENCH singer:

It includes photographs of Dita von Teese (burlesque and fetish star), actress Kristin Scott Thomas, French pop singer Mika, as well as Louboutin's sister Farida.

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/article/?id=490748&type=Feature

You know, a lot of French people think that Mika is French. If you look at comments on the EMD vid, quite a lot of people write that they're happy Mika 'came back home', 'came back to his language' etc

There are also people who still have no idea that he can speak French :insane: Well, before the release of EMD that was the case..

There are also people who still have no idea that he can speak French :insane: Well, before the release of EMD that was the case..

I remember a story of him going to a Lebanese restaurant in Quebec and the woman who worked there was chatting to him and telling him he looked like that pop star Mika but he couldn't be since he was speaking to her in fluent French. :naughty:

I remember a story of him going to a Lebanese restaurant in Quebec and the woman who worked there was chatting to him and telling him he looked like that pop star Mika but he couldn't be since he was speaking to her in fluent French. :naughty:

Yeah I remember this one too :roftl:

I didn't know this story! Great one :)

You know, a lot of French people think that Mika is French. If you look at comments on the EMD vid, quite a lot of people write that they're happy Mika 'came back home', 'came back to his language' etc

I've read articles where he's described as "The Franco/Lebanese singer Mika"

:naughty: :naughty: where was that?

Once I remember my dad asked me what nationality Mika is, and I was so confused I told him the whole Mika history, and he was like ":blink: so what nationality?" :naughty:

Once I remember my dad asked me what nationality Mika is, and I was so confused I told him the whole Mika history, and he was like ":blink: so what nationality?" :naughty:

He mentions his Lebanese side so much that I used to think of him as of Lebanese (and it sounds :das:)

From Hyundai Cards Culture Project 03:" Mika was born in Beirut, the third of five children born to a Lebanese mother and an American father. When he was a year old his family was forced to leave war-torn Lebanon and moved to Paris. He is known as British but hes actually an American." :teehee:

From Hyundai Cards Culture Project 03:" Mika was born in Beirut, the third of five children born to a Lebanese mother and an American father. When he was a year old his family was forced to leave war-torn Lebanon and moved to Paris. He is known as British but hes actually an American." :teehee:

I never saw Mika as an American, never, always as a half Lebenese/British :wink2:

I was trying to find the interview yesterday but I think the radio station may not exist anymore and don't know if there is an mp3 anywhere. All I remember is it was a Canadian radio interview, probably Montreal, but I don't know exactly. :aah:

Mika is American. He said his Syrian grandfather came to America to earn his fortune, so both sides of his family have been based in the US even if his mum's family is ethnically Lebanese/Syrian. Mika only lived in France for a few years so it seems unlikely that he ever had French citizenship (I know you need to be in the UK for at least 5 years to even apply, not sure about France.). Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can get Lebanese citizenship simply by being born there or passed down from your mother. A newspaper once said he had a British passport because it qualified him for his Brit Award nominations but I have never found any proof that it's a requirement. I would think being a resident of the UK is enough.

I was trying to find the interview yesterday but I think the radio station may not exist anymore and don't know if there is an mp3 anywhere. All I remember is it was a Canadian radio interview, probably Montreal, but I don't know exactly. :aah:

Mika is American. He said his Syrian grandfather came to America to earn his fortune, so both sides of his family have been based in the US even if his mum's family is ethnically Lebanese/Syrian. Mika only lived in France for a few years so it seems unlikely that he ever had French citizenship (I know you need to be in the UK for at least 5 years to even apply, not sure about France.). Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can get Lebanese citizenship simply by being born there or passed down from your mother. A newspaper once said he had a British passport because it qualified him for his Brit Award nominations but I have never found any proof that it's a requirement. I would think being a resident of the UK is enough.

Thank you,so I remember correctly,he is American. And I think he said in one interview that he received British citizenship also,but dunno where.:wink2:

I remember if too, that he has two passports. It was in some radio interview, he told how he visited Syria, and they stayed many hours at airport because He had troubles with American passport, for one who has Am passport is obliged to travel with it (something like that).

But I think citizenship and nationality are different things.

Moreover, earlier he said "half Lebanese half American", bug from 2009 Ive heard several times that he omitted American part.

Thank you,so I remember correctly,he is American. And I think he said in one interview that he received British citizenship also,but dunno where.:wink2:

Yes I know there was some other mention of him having UK citizenship but I can't remember where it was either. If it's a fact it will surely come up again, these things always do :wink2:

I found an old post of mine from my first month on MFC saying that Mika must be some kind of genius being so articulate in English when he is a native French speaker. :doh: Sometimes it takes years to make sense of his stories :naughty:

Archived