"The Origin of Love" - the pieces of a puzzle

nenartus

Mika Italia wrote

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.210573822405493.45300.187029398093269&type=3

"Mercoledì 25 Luglio a Milano MIKA ha regalato ad alcuni fortunati fan italiani la possibilità di ascoltare in anteprima "The Origin Of Love", il nuovo album in uscita il 18 Settembre"

I'm confused !! :aah:

Mikasounds is saying that the release date is October. Got this email this morning :dunno:

We want the whole world to celebrate!! Mika's brand new video for his latest single is here!

'Celebrate' featuring the hugely talented Pharrell Williams is released September 30th and marks the return of Mika!

This is the first track released from his new album 'The Origin Of Love', out October 2012!

Mikasounds is saying that the release date is October. Got this email this morning :dunno:

Did anyone notice the official message from Mikasounds has the release date as October 2012? :aah: :aah:

We want the whole world to celebrate!! Mika's brand new video for his latest single is here!

'Celebrate' featuring the hugely talented Pharrell Williams is released September 30th and marks the return of Mika!

This is the first track released from his new album 'The Origin Of Love', out October 2012!

:doh:

How can a singer release his physical single 3 months after releasing disigital one? it's just INCREDIBLE.

what is Mika thinking and planning now? and his promo team? and the lable? record company? :lmfao:

unbelievable...

Edited by Yuna

What the? Celebrate is released in 2 months? :doh: I don't know what's going on but now I actually hope the album leaks earlier :teehee:

:doh:

How can a singer release his physical single 3 months after releasing disigital one? it's just INCREDIBLE.

what is Mika thinking and planning now? and his promo team? and the lable? record company? :lmfao:

unbelievable...

The song hasn't been released properly yet. I keep repeating this every time someone mentions the poor promotion of the song. :naughty:

I know it's available in many countries (Canada included) but it has NOT been released in the US and UK yet.

Now that they are launching it properly I'm sure the interest in the song will pick up in other countries where it's been flagging, like France.

Didn't he say that at least in the UK The Origin of Love will be the first single?:blink:

...besides, it is no longer October the 8th, so even that will be delayed, I think. Albums are usually released 3-4 weeks after the first single is out.

Edited by suzie

It drives me crazy that we don't get a clear statement when the album will come out.

Waiting would be much easier if I wouldn't have the feeling that I'm counting the days for the wrong date anyway all the time.

On http://www.universalmusic.fr/mika/ is an article from today where they are talking about the 17th of September as release date. And as it's the record label site and not a random press article which may have copied old information I think (hope) that they know what they are writing.

So maybe a later release of Celebrate and the album in the UK and USA and therefore the other dates?

Edited by DerMoment1608

On http://www.universalmusic.fr/mika/ is an article from today where they are talking about the 17th of September as release date. And as it's the record label site and not a random press article which may have copied old information I think (hope) that they know what they are writing.

So maybe a later release of Celebrate and the album in the UK and USA and therefore the other dates?

All the French articles about the new video say the release date is 17th of September, same thing on Amazon.fr http://www.amazon.fr/Origin-Love-Deluxe-CD/dp/B008PUXMS4/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1344680078&sr=1-1

EDIT : :shocked: TOOL is already #86 on French Amazon without being released :roftl::thumb_yello:

Edited by camille*

I think it would be commercial suicide to have weeks between the release of the album in one country vs others. People would simply dowload the tracks illegaly prior to the release in their own country.

I think it would be commercial suicide to have weeks between the release of the album in one country vs others. People would simply dowload the tracks illegaly prior to the release in their own country.

Yeah, I think the same. But Mikas record label has the habit of doing strange things :doh:, so that wouldn't surprise me anymore 2006_augenroll.gif

But on the other hand I have no clue about releasing tactics. Does anyone know how it is with other "worldwide artists"?

Maybe they have given up the idea that people are not going to download it anyway. :naughty: TBWKTM leaked early so the relatively synchronized release dates became a moot point. I would imagine a lot of fans who are so anxiously awaiting this album that they cannot wait two more weeks will buy on preorder anyway. And everyone else is wondering whatever happened to Mika at this point and are not going to be scouring the net looking for an album put online because of an early release in France or South Korea. Hopefully by the time October rolls around he will be back in people's consciousness but as Mika said recently the most important thing for him is to just get them listening to his music in any way possible.

The release dates of LICM were very staggered. Even the US and Canadian dates were a full month apart. I know people have more access than ever to illegal downloads today but I downloaded Grace Kelly and Relax before they were available in Canada and look where that led. :naughty:

Well, even 2 extra months of waiting don`t matter for me and all those ones who `ve been waiting years for the new album.

+1!

I just don't CARE any more :naughty:

There's been enough waiting, and now my patience has just completely run out, I just don't care :aah: