"The Origin of Love" - the pieces of a puzzle

nenartus

I really hope this isn't the official album cover. It's not mikaish at all. I really don't like it, at all. Was expecting something like LICM and TBWKTM, which I loved, but I guess Mika maybe wants a more grown up style :dunno:

I agree.

I really really hope it's not the cover.

I think it's important to showing some grown up image, like the album.. but the cover is even far from grow up. Here I just can see something very unnatural, made up, pretending.... all the words far from yesterdays 'Mikaish' stuffs.

I really really hope it's not the cover.

I think it's important to showing some grown up image, like the album.. but the cover is even far from grow up. Here I just can see something very unnatural, made up, pretending.... all the words far from yesterdays 'Mikaish' stuffs.

Exactly, I like the cover because I think it's really cool. But it's way too stylish, and not playful at all. When I see don't think of the things that I think of when I listen to Mika's music. I would loved it as a painting but not as an album cover.

I don't care if it's Mikaish. I am over Mikaish and I didn't like the sketches he did earlier. They didn't send the message he's been giving about these songs being about his real life and not made up characters. But I agree that it doesn't really indicate the joy (or anything else) he's been talking about in every interview.

If this is indeed the cover, I have to say I don't like it much.

I quite like the fact it's simpler and less "Mikaish" (never liked that term :naughty:) but I don't like the lettering on the side or the picture of Mika at all. The golden crown of thorns idea is ok but it looks amateurishly done, to me.

Sergio Kletnoy ‏@SergioKletnoy

I'll say 1 last thing, I wasn't expecting Mika's "Origin Of Love" 2 be THIS good, every song tells a story, it's sort of a "coming-out" ;-)

1h Sergio Kletnoy ‏@SergioKletnoy

"Overrated" is the ultimate Mika tune, intense vocals & electric beats, that build up & explode like an orgasm... Can't stop singing... LUV!

My fave song from Mika's new album is "Stardust", about a relationship that did not reach it's full potential, an uptempo love song. BEYOND!

Can't reveal 2 much about Mika's album, BUT, it's a pop masterpiece, it's fun & a brill mix of great melodies, hooks, anthems & ballads.

P.S. Celebrate is nowhere near the amazingness of what else is on "The Origin Of Love". Album made me fall in love with Mika all over again!

Wonder if this is the final artwork 4 Mika's "The Origin Of Love"? Album is hands down in my Top 3 of the year!

2h Sergio Kletnoy ‏@SergioKletnoy

Been playing @mikasounds' new album "The Origin Of Love" on repeat for two days. Perfection, one of the best pop albums of the year!

Sort of a coming out ey? Now I'm really curious. And let me hear Stardust already :aah: Oh well, just a few more weeks... Stay :mikacool:

I'm the only one who like that cover??? :blush-anim-cl:

No you are not! I love it, it's simple and stylish, he looks absolutely beautiful and I think it fits the theme (although it's not really joyful as someone commented) :wub2: But still not sure this could be the final cover, it doesn't look totally finished? Of course it's very possible he has changed his mind about the cover he talked in the interview. Very curious now!

I'll say 1 last thing, I wasn't expecting Mika's "Origin Of Love" 2 be THIS good, every song tells a story, it's sort of a "coming-out" ;-)

"Overrated" is the ultimate Mika tune, intense vocals & electric beats, that build up & explode like an orgasm... Can't stop singing... LUV!

My fave song from Mika's new album is "Stardust", about a relationship that did not reach it's full potential, an uptempo love song. BEYOND!

Can't reveal 2 much about Mika's album, BUT, it's a pop masterpiece, it's fun & a brill mix of great melodies, hooks, anthems & ballads.

P.S. Celebrate is nowhere near the amazingness of what else is on "The Origin Of Love". Album made me fall in love with Mika all over again!

Wonder if this is the final artwork 4 Mika's "The Origin Of Love"? Album is hands down in my Top 3 of the year!

Been playing @mikasounds' new album "The Origin Of Love" on repeat for two days. Perfection, one of the best pop albums of the year!

Thanks for posting! Sounds good! Who is he? Relieved to hear what he says about Overrated, can't wait to hear it! And totally agree with him about TOOL and Stardust (it will definitely be one of my favorites too) and also about Celebrate!

Sort of a coming out ey? Now I'm really curious. And let me hear Stardust already :aah: Oh well, just a few more weeks... Stay :mikacool:

The more I read these kinds of tweets the more I WANT to hear the whole album. But I'm not worried about it. If Celebrate is the benchmark for the "worst song" on it I know I'm goint to be exstatic about the rest of them. I already really love Origin, MYH, Lola and Underwater.

I'm really hoping his company made the right decision about Celebrate as a lead single. I'd have chosen any one of the other 3 over it. But having said that, I love the build up of music in the radio version and hope that other people do too.

The more I read these kinds of tweets the more I WANT to hear the whole album. But I'm not worried about it. If Celebrate is the benchmark for the "worst song" on it I know I'm goint to be exstatic about the rest of them. I already really love Origin, MYH, Lola and Underwater.

I'm really hoping his company made the right decision about Celebrate as a lead single. I'd have chosen any one of the other 3 over it. But having said that, I love the build up of music in the radio version and hope that other people do too.

I think celebrate would appeal immensely to a certain type of audience...recently i had the pleasure of playing it on a local radio station and the 4 other people in the studio immediately started tapping their feet and were singing along half-way. They loved it! and the feedback from the few people who heard it was all good :thumb_yello: so who knows, let's keep fingers crossed :crossed:

I WANT IT NOW!!! :excite:

Right now, I have NO negativity about it. There's no room for negativity really considering how long we've been waiting.

There's been so many questions raised around this album, and soon we will have them answered, and I can't bloody wait :teehee:

It's much cheaper from HMV than amazon: (thanks to Mair and Nectar for showing me :aah: )

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=924575

There's the tracklisting there too, so I guess it's official:

Disc One

1. Origin Of Love

2. Lola

3. Stardust

4. Make You Happy

5. Underwater

6. Overrated

7. Kids

8. Love You When I'm Drunk

9. Step With Me

10. Popular Song

11. Emily

12. Heroes

13. Celebrate-Feat. Pharell Williams

14. Make You Happy [Miami Edit]

I apologise for asking this but I haven't been online lately... When exactly is TOOL being released?

Edit: I just read in a Greek website that it's out September 17th(?)

And that article x also has a tracklist that says 'Popular (I know about?)

Edited by RanitoLito

It's much cheaper from HMV than amazon: (thanks to Mair and Nectar for showing me :aah: )

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=924575

There's the tracklisting there too, so I guess it's official:

Disc One

1. Origin Of Love

2. Lola

3. Stardust

4. Make You Happy

5. Underwater

6. Overrated

7. Kids

8. Love You When I'm Drunk

9. Step With Me

10. Popular Song

11. Emily

12. Heroes

13. Celebrate-Feat. Pharell Williams

14. Make You Happy [Miami Edit]

and what does this mean ?

Disc Two

1. Celebrate [Acoustic]

2. Origin Of Love [Acoustic]

3. Kids [Acoustic]

4. Love You When I'm Drunk [Acoustic]

5. Overrated [Acoustic]

6. Elle Me Dit

7. Tah Dah

8. Stardust [benny Benass Mix]

9. Celebrate [Rivera Remix]

it has two CDs?

Disc Two

1. Celebrate [Acoustic]

3. Kids [Acoustic]

5. Overrated [Acoustic]

6. Elle Me Dit

7. Tah Dah

it has two CDs?

Oh they just updated that! It wasn't there when I checked.

Well, this is the UK version of the deluxe album. So it has just acoustic on disc two, whereas on the french version there are possibly more french songs on disc two or something similar?

Disc Two

1. Celebrate [Acoustic]

3. Kids [Acoustic]

5. Overrated [Acoustic]

6. Elle Me Dit

7. Tah Dah

it has two CDs?

Yes there is a deluxe version. And it has a new song on it. :yay:

Suzie was right. These are acoustic versions and not "live" versions.

Disc Two

1. Celebrate [Acoustic]

3. Kids [Acoustic]

5. Overrated [Acoustic]

6. Elle Me Dit

7. Tah Dah

it has two CDs?

OMG Tah Dah! :aah: But where's Kill Me On The Dancefloor? Could it be it got renamed? But why? It's such an awesome title, hmmmm... And I wonder what the acoustic version of Celebrate would sound like :/

Yes there is a deluxe version. And it has a new song on it. :yay:

Suzie was right. These are acoustic versions and not "live" versions.

:excite:

i preordered the Japanese version but have no idea what it has on it :aah:

i need this side B!! how do i get??

OMG Tah Dah! :aah: But where's Kill Me On The Dancefloor? Could it be it got renamed? But why? It's such an awesome title, hmmmm... And I wonder what the acoustic version of Celebrate would sound like :/

I hope it includes the vegetable orchestra :mf_rosetinted: