MIKA @ Afisha Picnic, Moscow, RUSSIA - 21 July 2012

Christine

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe how far the audience is from the stage! I think I've been to gigs in clubs that would fit inside that gap. :shocked::naughty: But Mika still commanded that huge group of people brilliantly. The full shots during the Love Today bounce were akin to that breathtaking moment with Robbie Williams and 400,000 people at Knebworth.

Funny I remember him slyly speaking/referring to his father in Lebanon I think, but I don't remember him ever saying that Stuck in the Middle was about his granny. Missed some of the new songs but it's always nice to see SITM at gigs.

Anyway I hope everyone who was there had a great time. It looked more like Canada than Europe to me. I hope it was as fun as it looked. Makes me really excited for my own show because I've never seen Mika in a big outdoor setting before.

I just finished watching the entire performance -- In HD, no less! :swoon:

Thanks for letting us know it was available online!

Sad not to hear Lola and Origin of Love, but very, very happy to hear Stuck in

the Middle and Happy Ending. I don't know how I'm going to wait now until

August 15th! :excite:

I couldn't listen to it tonight but I really hope someone has recorded it so that I could watch next week :puppy_eyes:

Funny I remember him slyly speaking/referring to his father in Lebanon I think, but I don't remember him ever saying that Stuck in the Middle was about his granny.

I remember him saying in an interview how odd it felt for him to perform Stuck In the Middle in front of his grandmother and mother as the song was about them. I can't remember when and where he said it but I can clearly recall me thinkng it was strange as I had different interpretation(s) of the song. I tried to find trace of this comment on MFC but I haven't found anything yet.

Thanks for the link, I watched the gig :thumb_yello:

I remember him saying in an interview how odd it felt for him to perform Stuck In the Middle in front of his grandmother and mother as the song was about them. I can't remember when and where he said it but I can clearly recall me thinkng it was strange as I had different interpretation(s) of the song. I tried to find trace of this comment on MFC but I haven't found anything yet.

In Vienne he introduced SITM saying it was a song he wrote when he was 17 when he was angry at his Lebanese grandmother, and that she hadn't known it until then. He translated 'I sit and think about the day that you're gonna die' into French and said he used these lyrics with a happy melody so that made it a love song. I have no idea if this anecdote was already said anytime before :dunno:

I couldn't listen to it tonight but I really hope someone has recorded it so that I could watch next week :puppy_eyes:

If no one recorded it, hopefully it will still be online and you'll be able to watch it in HD on this site:

http://t.co/4JdlnvPj

Oh yes, he said this often in the early days. Here's just one reference to

it:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23394&postcount=46

If no one recorded it, hopefully it will still be online and you'll be able to watch it in HD on this site:

http://t.co/4JdlnvPj

Thank you! :flowers2:

Oh yes, he said this often in the early days.

I have just found someone saying Mika mentioned this on MTV. It was a post from 2007 but I have lost it as I got caught up reading old threads:doh: Too tired to re-do the search now.

It was sticking on Rain for me too but I just left it alone and it restarted on its own. :wink2:

Oh yes, he said this often in the early days. Here's just one reference to it:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23394&postcount=46

Yes he talked about his mother but I don't remember him ever naming his grandmother specifically. Maybe he mentioned his grandmother once or twice but I never heard it. :dunno:

For a reason I don´t understand... That page shows the Franz Ferdinand show and I can´t click "Mika" :blink:

You have to go to 17:24 in the timeline of the player.

I hope someone can record and upload it nevertheless, I can't watch it, too, because of my slow connection :(

It was sticking on Rain for me too but I just left it alone and it restarted on its own. :wink2:

Yes he talked about his mother but I don't remember him ever naming his grandmother specifically. Maybe he mentioned his grandmother once or twice but I never heard it. :dunno:

I think he mentioned his granny in this regard, but I can't remember when he did

wasn't that in an american tv show? there were studio guests sitting around and mika was talking to the presenter. i have no time for researching, but maybe that helps someone who has time... :teehee: maybe i mix it up though and in that show he just said that SITM was about the women in his family... i just remember it because i think it was the first time i heard him say what SITM was about.

i'm shocked about how far away the crowd is on that picture on the previous page! :shocked: