Celebrate - First single radio listening! + Discussion & Lyrics

It's an excellent translation but they sound a bit airheaded :teehee:

I don't understand why all these people review songs anyway. I have ears and can listen myself. Other people's opinions are meaningless because our appreciation and taste in music is unique to our own minds and is not shared with anyone else.

These guys on the radio are totally clueless that’s clear – they might as well have asked passers-by in the street to tell their opinion. This type of ’review’ is pretty common in the media, I think, but only to give some background to news.

I don’t tend to read reviews to any current songs but I occasionally read reviews to some classics only to see if they can hear anything I have not discovered in it yet, provide any background to the piece and explain it in more professional terms than I would. Actually, when a song becomes a classic, it is often no longer a first hand review but a collection of information on a song and collection of critical analysis that you can find and I like reading those.

These guys on the radio are totally clueless that’s clear – they might as well have asked passers-by in the street to tell their opinion.

I guess you can say that they are passers-by, because they aren't real music critics, their radio program have nothing to do with music whatsoever :wink2:

No they are not, as far as I know. They are just radio hosts of some kind of radio program that have nothing to do with music except the part flip or flop :wink2:

No, I don't even know who that is :blush-anim-cl: Just read it in a book and I liked it very much :wink2:

Cool, thanks.

I thought it could have anything to do with him since he's a widely known dramatist in Spain whose most representative work is called "La vida es Sueño" (Life is a Dream).

Just in case anyone is interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_Calder%C3%B3n_de_la_Barca

Cool, thanks.

I thought it could have anything to do with him since he's a widely known dramatist in Spain whose most representative work is called "La vida es Sueño" (Life is a Dream).

Just in case anyone is interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_Calder%C3%B3n_de_la_Barca

Aha, well no I've never heard of him :blush-anim-cl: In the novel I read Diego Velázquez was the one who said the sentence. But thanks for the link :wink2:

from Universal Music Italia

“The Origin of Love” è il terzo album di MIKA e segue il successo mondiale di ‘The Boy Who Knew Too Much’ . Il disco è anticipato dal singolo ‘Celebrate’ in radio dal 6 Luglio, un perfetto brano pop da colonna sonora estiva, scritto da Mika e Pharrell Williams , prodotto da Nick Littlemore degli Empire of the Sun e cantato con la collaborazione di Pharrell.

Celebrate on the Italian radios from july 6th! :thumb_yello:

Universal Music Chile haven't answered me anything :tears:

So now I've finally translated this radio program review and

they play celebrate at 14:08 and then they review it at 17:14 :wink2:

[..]

I hope the translation is somewhat understandable. :mf_rosetinted:

thank you!! :flowers2:

I don't understand why all these people review songs anyway. I have ears and can listen myself. Other people's opinions are meaningless because our appreciation and taste in music is unique to our own minds and is not shared with anyone else.

try to explain that to them :teehee:

Yes, I must admit, it means more to me when people who are not Mika fans (yet) like the songs. It gives me lots of hope.

YET ahahah and I agree with you :wink2:

Aha, well no I've never heard of him :blush-anim-cl: In the novel I read Diego Velázquez was the one who said the sentence. But thanks for the link :wink2:

You're welcome! :wink2:

You mean the painter? Which novel was it?

You're welcome! :wink2:

You mean the painter? Which novel was it?

Yes the painter. :wink2: It was a children's book, a really good one, it's called Lydias hemlighet: ett magiskt konstäventyr in swedish which should be something like: Lydia's secret: A magical artadventure in english :wink2:

Yes the painter. :wink2: It was a children's book, a really good one, it's called Lydias hemlighet: ett magiskt konstäventyr in swedish which should be something like: Lydia's secret: A magical artadventure in english :wink2:

Never heard of it before. Thanks! :wink2:

No news about physical single disc of Celebrate?

I have a strange feeling that it may not be a Top single that represent TOOL the album... :blink: no promo.. no physical single..,.it's just too quiet.

Maybe TOOL the song would be the Real one..? :mf_rosetinted:

I don't think Celebrate has been properly launched yet. i guess we'll see what happens when the video is released and Mika starts interviewing with the BBC, etc. I think the French release was just a hope for a repeat of last year. i.e. getting to #1 with no effort. But I'm sure they know that is not going to happen in the UK, or anywhere in the English speaking world.

I don't think Celebrate has been properly launched yet. i guess we'll see what happens when the video is released and Mika starts interviewing with the BBC, etc. I think the French release was just a hope for a repeat of last year. i.e. getting to #1 with no effort. But I'm sure they know that is not going to happen in the UK, or anywhere in the English speaking world.

ow.... :doh:

Well... Muse's new single is BANG BANG BANGed like submachine gun, with huge promo and articles and interviews and Tour date announcement and everything. And, Heard that Muse releases new album on 17th Sep... :mf_rosetinted: I thought that date is quite familar to me...and realized that TOOL shall be released on that day too! :aah:

Cant understand what his promo team is doing for Mika :doh:

Edited by Yuna

Well... Muse's new single is BANG BANG BANGed like submachine gun, with huge promo and articles and interviews and Tour date announcement and everything. And, Heard that Muse releases new album on 17th Sep... :mf_rosetinted: I thought that date is quite familar to me...and realized that TOOL shall be released on that day too! :aah:

I think it's still early days. WAG didn't get played on the radio until the third week of July. It sounds like things are going to be happening within the next week or so. So we'll see. :naughty:

Neither can I! If Muse's album is released the same day as Mika, then Mika won't be #1. Unfortunately Muse have a much bigger following than Mika, in the UK at least.

Neither can I! If Muse's album is released the same day as Mika, then Mika won't be #1. Unfortunately Muse have a much bigger following than Mika, in the UK at least.

I think Muse would beat Mika to #1 in France too :huh:

Oh that happened when Bryan Adams released his follow up to Reckless the same day as U2's Joshua Tree. My boss (Sales & Marketing VP for Bryan Adams' label) was very disappointed because Reckless had gone diamond and they spent a fortune promoting the new album. But his secretary was like come on it's U2!! :doh::naughty:

Anyway hopefully Mika's album is a slow burner and it will climb the charts at some point. :wink2:

:naughty:

Thanks for the tweet. :biggrin2:

There's an advert for it on the home page.

celebrate.jpg

Even better! I checked it on my phone and therefore didn't see the home page

Just noticed how Mika is on top and not Celine Dion

Edited by cathouzouf

Thanks for the tweet. :biggrin2:

There's an advert for it on the home page.

celebrate.jpg

hmm well, I've never used iTunes before.. so I ask: is it normal that the prices are not expressed in my currency? I mean, it's all in dollars, not in chilean pesos :blink: .. anyways, it seems that I am able to buy Celebrate :naughty: I'd love to know how to buy :aah: [i've never brought something on-line, guess it's time for learning :wink2:]

It's not even in the chart tho.... well, I'll work on that after my exams x.x