• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can be a grammar Nazi' date=' even in other languages.:aah:[/quote']

I paid ZERO attention to grammar, love. :wink2: My main goal was to translate and write it down before my mother woke up.

I paid ZERO attention to grammar, love. :wink2: My main goal was to translate and write it down before my mother woke up.

Hehe I noticed. Oh well. :teehee: In other news, I really love that sketch, I think I might do one based off that and add color! And correct grammar.:naughty: I think it captures the feel just right. The only main difference between that and my mental image is that I'm a theatrical so my views are always from the side.

For the record, I'm trying to simplify my sentences to keep the child book feel. Let loose a little. Oh, and Ce que vous faites sur Internet?! Sa va cachet votre tete! is correct in French. Take it from me. I'm fluent. I missed the accent marks. We don't want a direct English>French translation. The grammar is correct.

For the record, I'm trying to simplify my sentences to keep the child book feel. Let loose a little. Oh, and Ce que vous faites sur Internet?! Sa va cachet votre tete! is correct in French. Take it from me. I'm fluent. I missed the accent marks. We don't want a direct English>French translation. The grammar is correct.

You loosen up! I was joking:blink: And btw, I was looking back through our stuff just now, and on like pg 28 or smth you asked what the stereotypes were for your accent. I never answered. Did you still want me to answer that?:naughty:

You loosen up! I was joking:blink: And btw' date=' I was looking back through our stuff just now, and on like pg 28 or smth you asked what the stereotypes were for your accent. I never answered. Did you still want me to answer that?:naughty:[/quote']

:wink2: Sorry!!! I missed my little winky face!!! :aah: I knew you were joking!!!:thumb_yello:

I do want to know!

I still think it should be Tu. :wink2:

:dunno: If I was just saying it, that is exactly how. But you never know with that language, honestly. I've met all sorts. It's like different variations of English. Some sound more proper, and others more laid back and loose.

:wink2: Sorry!!! I missed my little winky face!!! :aah: I knew you were joking!!!:thumb_yello:

I do want to know!

Ok, well normally it's that people who have it are very posh, polite, and very nice people always. Hence why it felt odd to me that you should be a potty mouth after I heard your voice:aah: You guys have a much softer accent than many Americans and can pull off saying oh-so-British things that we'd feel silly saying. And everything you say sounds so pleasant and less rude than it would come off if a USer said he same thing. And even more so than, say, a new yorker or a new jersian. Terrible stereotypes, right?:teehee:

:dunno: If I was just saying it, that is exactly how. But you never know with that language, honestly. I've met all sorts. It's like different variations of English. Some sound more proper, and others more laid back and loose.

I don't know, it's just because it's a mom talking to her daughter. I was under the impression that Tu would be right, because it is a family/casual situation and because the mom (obviously) doesn't need to use terms of respect with her daughter. Like, if Mika was talking to EMD mom, she might use vous but, :dunno:

Ok' date=' well normally it's that people who have it are very posh, polite, and very nice people always. Hence why it felt odd to me that you should be a potty mouth after I heard your voice:aah: You guys have a much softer accent than many Americans and can pull off saying oh-so-British things that we'd feel silly saying. And everything you say sounds so pleasant and less rude than it would come off if a USer said he same thing. And even more so than, say, a new yorker or a new jersian. Terrible stereotypes, right?:teehee:[/quote']

:aah::aah::aah: Soft?! Clean? NOT a POTTY MOUTH?!:aah::lmfao: Those are funny! Yeah, almost everyone I knew spoke with harshness, so it's been a bit weird to have to calm down my speak a bit. Like, I told one of my teacher earlier to piss off, and I got in HUGE trouble. Americans trying to do an English accent always makes me laugh because it sounds so forced and rigid. :aah:

I don't know' date=' it's just because it's a mom talking to her daughter. I was under the impression that Tu would be right, because it is a family/casual situation and because the mom (obviously) doesn't need to use terms of respect with her daughter. Like, if Mika was talking to EMD mom, she might use vous but, :dunno:[/quote']

:dunno: I will do whatever you feel most comfortable with! My French was textbook, and I'm dyslexic so I never read anything, and I learned everything on tapes and through my grandparents. I spent 4 months in Paris with my grandparents, but I spoke English half the time.:aah: My french could be getting rough.

:aah::aah::aah: Soft?! Clean? NOT a POTTY MOUTH?!:aah::lmfao: Those are funny! Yeah, almost everyone I knew spoke with harshness, so it's been a bit weird to have to calm down my speak a bit. Like, I told one of my teacher earlier to piss off, and I got in HUGE trouble. Americans trying to do an English accent always makes me laugh because it sounds so forced and rigid. :aah:

See, that's because of the stereotype. I don't think I do such a bad one, maybe on tiny chat one day... But after that, I'd be embarrassed to:blush-anim-cl: have you ever heard an American try to do an Aussie accent?:aah: best case scenario we sound like the crocodile hunter mixed up with some bizarre sort of cockney...:naughty:

Btw don't ever try to Americanize your accent' date=' we adore British accents and they are so sweet, you might get ahead in life because of it (sad to say but true)[/quote']

:aah: Honestly, I wouldn't try to. But when you live in America, it starts to grow on you without even knowing.:aah:

See' date=' that's because of the stereotype. I don't think I do such a bad one, maybe on tiny chat one day... But after that, I'd be embarrassed to:blush-anim-cl: have you ever heard an American try to do an Aussie accent?:aah: best case scenario we sound like the crocodile hunter mixed up with some bizarre sort of cockney...:naughty:[/quote']

Crocodile Hunter?:lmfao:

Crocodile Hunter?:lmfao:

Yuppers- most people sound like that. Choice phrase you ask? I think that one would be anything to do with kangaroos or "shrimp on the barbie". Again, I don't think mine is so bad but I could be delusional.:blush-anim-cl: