Tour Rumours - Autumn 2012

Christine

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just find it very stressful...............if probably isn't really!

Anyway - it's done :biggrin2:

Good for you! Wish I was able to get over there in December. :sad:

It was extremely stressful for New York. We came very close to not getting tickets at all. :aah:

Don't remind me! :eek:

Tell me about it :mf_rosetinted:

Why is ticket buying so stressful?

you know what... when the ticket is queing-numbered, its 100000000 times more stressful :lmfao: it's a war and have several nights of nightmare before ticket open day :mf_rosetinted:

you know what... when the ticket is queing-numbered, its 100000000 times more stressful :lmfao: it's a war and have several nights of nightmare before ticket open day :mf_rosetinted:

We had that with seated gigs for the acoustic tour and some North American shows in 2009. It was a nightmare for sure.

:kachinga:

I will miss the Glasgow meet-up :sad:

We will miss you too :huglove:

It was extremely stressful for New York. We came very close to not getting tickets at all. :aah:

Anyway congratulations. :yay:

Yes - true...........that is why it is stressful - you just never know how it is going to go.

Thank you :biggrin2:

Good for you! Wish I was able to get over there in December. :sad:

Don't remind me! :eek:

Thanks Deb - I wish you could make it too.:huglove:

• 3 weeks later...

I can't find a gig thread and I don't really know too many details about it either, but I thought this might interest some people:

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/listings/music/win-tickets-celebrate-mika-s-new-album-at-real-radio-gig-in-sheffield-1-4988014

Feel free to move/delete the post if it's in the wrong place.

I can't find a gig thread and I don't really know too many details about it either, but I thought this might interest some people:

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/listings/music/win-tickets-celebrate-mika-s-new-album-at-real-radio-gig-in-sheffield-1-4988014

Feel free to move/delete the post if it's in the wrong place.

Thank you so much. :teehee: I live in Sheffield and it's just perfect:)

Mika is going to play a gig in Iceland it seems :) Still keeping my fingers crossed for a last minute announced gig in Sweden.

http://www.visir.is/tonlistarmadurinn-mika-stigur-a-svid-i-silfurbergi/article/2012710109987

Google translate:

"I think it will be a major concert," says Guðbjartur Finnbjörnsson concerts. Musician Mika visits Iceland December 18th and plan to rock the people in spar concert harp.

One said that it should remain accessible on the label: "Among antidepressant." From what I've seen and heard, this will be great joy and entertainment show, "says Guðbjartur. Mika thoroughly broke through in 2007 with his debut album Life In Cartoon Motion, which has sold nearly six million copies.

It includes clicks, such as Grace Kelly, Lollipop, Relax and Take It Easy. The next album, The Boy Who knew Too Much, was released two years later. She also sold well and got into the top ten in numerous countries. It contains the songs We Are Golden and Blame It on the Girls.

Mika's third album, The Origin of Love, has recently been published and reached a top spot on the French album list. Song Elle Dit Mi also found at the top in the country. The album is also the song that Mika Celebrate carries with rapper Pharrell Williams.

The concert in the spar will be standing and accommodated about 1,000 to 1,200 people in the auditorium. "I know he elephants to be in small places where it reaches the masses," says Guðbjartur.

Tickets to the concert begins next week.

Mika is going to play a gig in Iceland it seems :) Still keeping my fingers crossed for a last minute announced gig in Sweden.

http://www.visir.is/tonlistarmadurinn-mika-stigur-a-svid-i-silfurbergi/article/2012710109987

Google translate:

"I think it will be a major concert," says Guðbjartur Finnbjörnsson concerts. Musician Mika visits Iceland December 18th and plan to rock the people in spar concert harp.

One said that it should remain accessible on the label: "Among antidepressant." From what I've seen and heard, this will be great joy and entertainment show, "says Guðbjartur. Mika thoroughly broke through in 2007 with his debut album Life In Cartoon Motion, which has sold nearly six million copies.

It includes clicks, such as Grace Kelly, Lollipop, Relax and Take It Easy. The next album, The Boy Who knew Too Much, was released two years later. She also sold well and got into the top ten in numerous countries. It contains the songs We Are Golden and Blame It on the Girls.

Mika's third album, The Origin of Love, has recently been published and reached a top spot on the French album list. Song Elle Dit Mi also found at the top in the country. The album is also the song that Mika Celebrate carries with rapper Pharrell Williams.

The concert in the spar will be standing and accommodated about 1,000 to 1,200 people in the auditorium. "I know he elephants to be in small places where it reaches the masses," says Guðbjartur.

This would be awesome to be at before Christmas, but the flight costs!:aah:

Google translate:

I've always wanted to go to Iceland :wub2:

it could be a great gig

I've just checked, no flight below 500 euros from Brussels. :fisch:

*We never know :naughty: *

Well, that sounds really cool :) That shows well that Mika can sing anywhere in the world, he doesn't only go to big places and I love it :wub2:

Here's another article on the Iceland gig -- better translation :) I seriously have always wanted to go to Iceland. This might be the time to do it. :teehee:

http://www.icelandreview.com/icelandreview/daily_news/Mika_to_Appear_in_Concert_in_Iceland_0_394332.news.aspx

British singer-songwriter Mika will perform in the Silfurberg hall of the Harpa concert and conference center in Reykjavík on December 18. Mika, whose 2007 debut Life in Cartoon Motions has sold almost six million copies, is known for his energetic stage performance and ability to connect with the audience.

“I think the concert will be awesome,” commented concert organizer Guðbjartur Finnbjörnsson to Fréttablaðið. “I’ve been following him and people are very happy with his performances. One attendee stated the ticket should say: ‘Remedy for depression.’ Judging by what I’ve heard it will be a concert of joy and fun.”

Mika’s debut album contains hits like ‘Grace Kelly,’ ‘Lollipop,’ ‘Relax’ and ‘Take It Easy.’ His sophomore album, The Boy Who Knew Too Much, was released two years later and was also a bestseller, making it to the top ten in many countries.

Mika’s third album, The Origin of Love, has just been released and reached the top of the French bestseller list.

The Silfurberg event will be a standing concert. The hall has a capacity of 1,000-1,200 people. “I know he digs small places where he can reach the audience,” stated Guðbjartur.

Ticket sales begin next week. Check out midi.is and harpa.is.

I'm already in Iceland on holidays then! :shocked:

Seriously? What wonderful timing!

Maybe I'll see you there! I mentioned this to my husband, and his reply was, "I'm in. Start looking at airfares."

:jawdrop:

I'm going to wait until we have some official confirmation on this, but... I just might be going to Iceland in December! :plane:

Seriously? What wonderful timing!

Maybe I'll see you there! I mentioned this to my husband, and his reply was, "I'm in. Start looking at airfares."

:jawdrop:

I'm going to wait until we have some official confirmation on this, but... I just might be going to Iceland in December! :plane:

That's fantastic, Deb! I admit I have booked my trip even it's not even official, now let's hope for the best (never know how these things go). Would be lovely to meet you again!

@Biekje great timing indeed!

ICELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used to live in Iceland. Abby was born in Reykjavik.

Icelanders know how to party so this will be awesome. Biekje - what brilliant timing. :yay: Deb - how great if you could make it.

I know before I even start to think about it that I won't be able to go but oh how I wish I could.

It would indeed be a brilliant time to visit Iceland. It is pretty at Christmas...all the Christmas lights and candle arches in the windows brightening up the VERY long dark cold days.

But you are right - it is a very expensive country - so it won't be just the flights that are expensive, but the hotels and other costs as well.