Secret listening party in Milan!

robertina

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes... a song called Emily? Suzy should like that :naughty:

Is it Elle Me Dit in English? :teehee: I remember this...

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

EMILY! CAN'T YOU WRITE A HAPPY SONG, GET YOUR ASS TO NUMBER ONE, YOU COULD TRY A LITTLE HARDER...

EMILY! CAN'T YOU WRITE A HAPPY SONG, GET YOUR ASS TO NUMBER ONE, YOU COULD TRY A LITTLE HARDER...

OMG! Yeah that would make sense! We need info! :aah:

It is apparently, according to mellody :wink2:

Karin ‏@mellody76

setlist:tool,lola,step with me,stardust,underwater,sth where he didnt say the title,maybe it was kids?,emily(=elle me dit),popular,heroes.

I'm dying to hear reports! How did the recorded versions of TOOL and UW sound? Is the "it's you, it's you, it's you" / "of love, of love, of love" / "love, love, love" from the live-versions of TOOL included in the recorded one? Does Lola have the playful intro, too? Are the lyrics of "Emily" similar to the English version of EMD? Are the other songs slow, fast, melodic, happy...? Which songs did have the most "instant appeal" for you? Has Mika gone "new ways" with some songs? Are there "typically Mika" songs as well? Sorry, I'm so curious :aah:

Edited by DerMoment1608

Am I the first? :blink:

ok...let's start!

Someway I succeeded in arriving in time at the meeting, after taking my UK guests to Malpensa airport. I used my Nokia as navigator and consumed all credit :sneaky2: that's why I could not tweet!

we waited infinite time in the shade at around 37°!!! :shocked:

this is not respectful :sneaky2:.

We were not 50, I say more around 30 ppl.

Then a boy came saying they were a bit late because of a hitch :fisch:

and we kept on waiting for one more eternity. He told us the place was near and that we would walk....argh!

Then another boy from Universal arrived with the llists and started to tick names, starting from Universal winner list...and his phone rang! GIULIO the Emperor of all mikalandia in Italy was urging us to enter immediately! so...we just went. NO CHECK IN! :mf_rosetinted:

We entered a small cosy Restaurant where Giulio Mazzoleni welcomed us saying that we should switch all our devices off. Then we took our seats, while some fans took seat on the floor. The was a lot of nice finger food displayed, and drinks.

After no minutes Mika entered from a back door, and greeted us in his sweet and little bit shy way, introducing the party. We would listen to an unfinished album, the final version so far, and not all songs. He is going to finish it all very soon (the Universal boy told me after he has 2 weeks available, and confirmed that up to that time he hadn't even started writing his XL column :naughty:)

Then he personally sat at his own notebook, and started to play the tracks. After the guy told me they were late bacause Mika wanted to check everything at his computer, choosing the right order of songs and what to say about them.

setlist:

tool,

lola,

step with me,

stardust,

underwater,

sth where he didnt say the title,maybe it was kids?,

emily(=elle me dit),

popular song,

heroes.

I am taking the setlist from Mellody's tweet, cause I knew I could rely on her for this :thumb_yello:. So thanks Karin!

STEP WITH ME was written in that Castle in France with other songwriters (anyone will remember the name but me :doh:)

STARDUST is the song he wrote with Benassi, very hyper.

NO TITLE SONG (suspended judgement)

EMILY is the english version of Elle me dit, which I found genial cause it misses nothing of the french match between lyrics and music

POPULAR SONG with Priscilla Renea (suspended judgement)

HEROES is a sweet slow ballad but he's not sure it will be in the album.

The album will contain more songs, and another version of Make you happy, cause the one we know is the LA version. So the Master announced.

The guy from Universdal told me there's another song which we haven't listened, which is the best in the album according to him!

They have been listening to the songs for months and they think the album will be a huge success.

(to be continued)

Edited by robertina

Am I the first? :blink:

ok...let's start!

Someway I succeeded in arriving in time at the meeting, after taking my UK guests to Malpensa airport. I used my Nokia as navigator and consumed all credit :sneaky2: that's why I could not tweet!

we waited infinite time in the shade at around 37°!!! :shocked:

this is not respectful :sneaky2:.

We were not 50, I say more around 30 ppl.

Then a boy came saying they were a bit late because of a hitch :fisch:

and we kept on waiting for one more eternity. He told us the place was near and that we would walk....argh!

Then another boy from Universal arrived with the llists and started to tick names, starting from Universal winner list...and his phone rang! GIULIO the Emperor of all mikalandia in Italy was urging us to enter immediately! so...we just went. NO CHECK IN! :mf_rosetinted:

We entered a small cosy Restaurant where Giulio Mazzoleni welcomed us saying that we should switch all our devices off. Then we took our seats, while some fans took seat on the floor. The was a lot of nice finger food displayed, and drinks.

After no minutes Mika entered from a back door, and greeted us in his sweet and little bit shy way, introducing the party. We would listen to an unfinished album, the final version so far, and not all songs. He is going to finish it all very soon (the Universal boy told me after he has 2 weeks available, and confirmed that up to that time he hadn't even started writing his XL column :naughty:)

Then he personally sat at his own notebook, and started to play the tracks. After the guy told me they were late bacause Mika wanted to check everything at his computer, choosing the right order of songs and what to say about them.

setlist:

tool,

lola,

step with me,

stardust,

underwater,

sth where he didnt say the title,maybe it was kids?,

emily(=elle me dit),

popular song,

heroes.

I am taking the setlist from Mellody's tweet, cause I knew I could rely on her for this :thumb_yello:. So thanks Karin!

STEP WITH ME was written in that Castle in France with other songwriters (anyone will remember the name but me :doh:)

STARDUST is the song he wrote with Benassi, very hyper.

EMILY is the english version of Elle me dit, which I found genial cause it misses nothing of the french match between lyrics and music

The album will contain more songs, and another version of Make you happy, cause the one we know is the LA version. So the Master announced.

The guy from Universdal told me there's another song which we haven't listened, which is the best in the album according to him!

They have been listening to the songs for months and they think the album will be a huge success.

(to be continued)

Thankyou for sharing with us!

So for the song with no title and popular you haven't made your mind up about it yet?

Is the album looking hopeful? :mikasweat:

Thanks so much Robi. So excited that things are really starting to happen with the album now. Was anyone else there aside from fans? It sounds really intimate. Did you get a chance to speak to him at all?

Hillary Lindsey

Kids

hmmmm

hmmmm

Do you think it should?

so there will be a less 'electronic' version then, with strings and all

The Rich Morel mix starts with strings, that may have given him the idea to have something smoother on it. It should be good:thumb_yello:

That must be Overrated :teehee:

Howe did you find the recorded version of TOOL, Underwater and Lola?

Can you tell us something about the arrangements on songs (Acoustic vs electronic sound)?

In the new interview, where he talked with the fans on Skype, he said about the new version of MYH. I'm pleased because I know a lot of people didn't like the other one, although I do like it, but am curious about how it will sound on the cd if it's being re-done.

He said he's finishing the album at Abbey Road next week.

He was running out of time and and stormed all songs in, then he came in front of us againg, as a pupil at his examination desk :naughty:

He said there was time for one question only, but we succeeded in asking more.

I would like the fans who asked something would post it in their report, I will tell you mine...

I asked: Origin of Love would have been a great first single. Why didn't you choose it?

he stared at me at said: "THIS.IS.EXACTLY.WHAT.I.THINK.

but here you have my managers....so!!! (and make as gesture as saying: I'm powerless! in a funny way, and we all laughed, cause again poor Giulio seemed the origin of All Evils!)

but then I think OLL will have a life of its own."

After some other questions, his managers literally lifted him up and took him away...he was missing his flight! Mama P was already there in the restaurant waiting for him, her usual sweet self.

We had been told to stay and help ourselves with food and drinks, which we did, but soon almost everyone was gone. I stayed a bit longer and chatted with the Universal guy and other fans, and eventually I left.

It was such a simple, friendly, natural thing to do, so I'll be eternally thankful to Mika, Universal peeps and Mika management who made it possible.

:wub2::wub2::wub2:

Edited by robertina

Thanks so much Robi. So excited that things are really starting to happen with the album now. Was anyone else there aside from fans? It sounds really intimate. Did you get a chance to speak to him at all?

Rich Isaacson was there, sitting on the floor among us! :thumb_yello:

Then some technicians, no one else. Definitely something special :wub2:

@suzie I loved Heroes, it's as slow as...Any other world, but less powerful. I think an album about love is bound to contain songs like that.

@eloise don't ask me about lyrics...I cannot understand them. Besieds the audio system was not perfect. Certainly our non native judgement is a bit lame, missing the understading of lyrics

I suspend my judgement because I didn't like the new new songs at first listening. But don't dispair! I know other fans liked them, so it's better youread their reports first.

I'm so tired, I realize I'm making a lot of typos!

Wait . . . so the English version of Elle Me Dit is actually called Emily? Is it about someone named Emily who has a domineering mother, or what?! :doh:

LOL, no, I think it's just to match the music as Elle me dit did! Very smart choice, let me say :wink2:

Rich Isaacson was there, sitting on the floor among us! :thumb_yello:

Then some technicians, no one else. Definitely something special :wub2:

Oh that's really good to hear. :fangurl:

The Emily thing makes no sense :naughty: