Mikasounds and Twitter updates - Part 11

guylainem123

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They're already dead... At least... I hope so!

*Imagines skeleton bats, and fluffy owls chasing me!*

I should think those animals were dead before taxidermy. I mean,

they weren't lab animals who were tested on or killed specifically for the

purposes of being mounted and displayed. :dunno:

Depends how old they are - most 19th century stuffed animals were poached for the purpose.

(I just know people who are interested in this sort of thing okay don't judge me :mf_rosetinted:)

I think you could argue that killing animals in the wild is at least preferable to breeding them for that purpose.

Did you see any stuffed animals in SA? I remember a pair of lions in Kruger Park but you couldn't buy them unless you were South African because it was illegal to ship them outside the country.

I saw the taxidermy shop in France that Mika mentioned and noticed there was a stuffed lion and I wonder where it came from. Unless it is 19th century and has just been traded around like an antique.

It's all a bit mental IMO. :boxed:

Jack White (White Stripes) collects taxidermy animals too.

Personally I wouldn't want it in my house. Especially his bat in glass he's so proud of. Guess it's a good thing I don't live there :naughty: At night, that stuffed bird would freak me out.

My dad's a hunter too, there's lots of dead animals in our house too, I never thought it was normal though and I never will.

*brrrrr*

Like it or not you'll have to live with it...Even coz i only own 3 of them...

So if u got used to the three washing mahines u'll live with this too...

M_off3_zps370e5684.gif

And for those who'll keep on complaining about it...

Stop moaning, wives!

Or else...

M_boite_zpsd919f07a.gif

I think you could argue that killing animals in the wild is at least preferable to breeding them for that purpose.

Did you see any stuffed animals in SA? I remember a pair of lions in Kruger Park but you couldn't buy them unless you were South African because it was illegal to ship them outside the country.

I saw the taxidermy shop in France that Mika mentioned and noticed there was a stuffed lion and I wonder where it came from. Unless it is 19th century and has just been traded around like an antique.

It's all a bit mental IMO. :boxed:

Of course - but surely not killing them at all, no matter what the purpose, is preferable? :naughty:

Yes - there were stuffed cheetahs in Kruger... At a cheetah sanctuary! :blink: You could argue it's for sake of knowledge/seeing them in detail or whatever, but it was plain disturbing when they had stuffed a row of cubs suckling their mother... Mixed messages! :boxed:

The pair of lions you talked about - just makes me feel a mix of digust and discomfort, really. It's another example of when humans decide their own amusement/pleasure is worth more than anything else on this planet. Sigh.

(this was a sort of post I never expected to type when I joined MFC :lmfao:)

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

Just landed in Amsterdam for tomorrows TV. Day off! Will bumble around the city today for the afternoon

@mikasounds Je suis complètement subjugué par Underwater. C'est aussi la chanson de l'album la + populaire sur iTunes en ce moment #SINGLE ?

@NouvelleOrange merci! Oui. Next single

So, it's sure! Underwater next single :wink2: (at least in France)

He expects no less of you ... treat him "a la Ingie" & he shall be happy :mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:

edit: by the looks he had when he left Milan, i'd also check on the park benches... in case he needed a nap

I am not sure if that's true:naughty: If I treat him a la Ingie, he usually said the wrong thing and I turn my back on him:naughty:

I shall have my peoples check every bench to make sure he's okay:mf_rosetinted:

I am not sure if that's true:naughty: If I treat him a la Ingie, he usually said the wrong thing and I turn my back on him:naughty:

I shall have my peoples check every bench to make sure he's okay:mf_rosetinted:

:naughty: in that case, just walk over with a bottle of your finest bubbly... you know, to celebrate his new album. now who could refuse that??

check under the benches also! :teehee:

:naughty: in that case, just walk over with a bottle of your finest bubbly... you know, to celebrate his new album. now who could refuse that??

check under the benches also! :teehee:

Sounds like a plan:mf_rosetinted:

Should we check the canals too?:naughty:

Just landed in Amsterdam for tomorrows TV. Day off! Will bumble around the city today for the afternoon

@mikasounds Je suis complètement subjugué par Underwater. C'est aussi la chanson de l'album la + populaire sur iTunes en ce moment #SINGLE ?

Does anyone know in what tv show he will be?

Yes.:mf_rosetinted:

How many possibilities are there on Sunday...just guess:naughty:

Nooo, not Carlo and Irene again... last time they almost killed him with a terrible drink (just kidding). :aah:

Edit: Although it was a really funny and memorable interview!

Sounds like a plan:mf_rosetinted:

Should we check the canals too?:naughty:

:shocked: oh i hope not! unless he's fast asleep in a canoe (how canadian of me)

Yes.:mf_rosetinted:

How many possibilities are there on Sunday...just guess:naughty:

ooooh! go see if you can get in! :yay:

Great news :wub2:

Nooo, not Carlo and Irene again... last time they almost killed him with a terrible drink (just kidding). :aah:

Edit: Although it was a really funny and memorable interview!

Funny??? I found them so so mean and I hated the hosts and really I hope they will be nicer this time. They deserve nothing else than Gertrude stories!

I think it's time for some imaginary baby stories since his imaginary dog and his imaginary house are now real. :naughty:

no no , please no baby stories, not in this show! He should tell them about living on a houseboat making raggae music and enjoy watching some elephants or something else.

Funny??? I found them so so mean and I hated the hosts and really I hope they will be nicer this time. They deserve nothing else than Gertrude stories!

I think it was mainly miscommunication. We'll see how it goes this time. At least the chef is not on the show any more:naughty:

Don't expect them to be any nicer. They're always like that. I think they got big as presenters of a children's show and then when those kids got older they went on making programs for grown-ups. Unfortunately, they didn't get any less demented in the process. It's a formula that has served them well, since they've been around for years and are quite successful. It's a bit of a pity if international people watch it, since it's not the type of thing you'd want to export as a country. I'm sure Mika can handle them though :thumb_yello:

I referred to Mika being funny not Carlo and Irene...

The hosts weren't really interested in what Mika said the last time, that's why I was so surprised, about the rumour that Mika would perform again in that show. I' m afraid the hosts won't behave different this time.

I just don't understand the format of some of these European shows. There are too many people involved and it all seems like some kind of mockery or a trial or something.

What was that one Dutch show he did years ago where he just chatted with the guy on the sofa and I think they were drinking champagne or something? I think that's a better way to interview someone.