• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

..... :tears: i'm just so f*cking depressed and i really don't want to live in here anymore... I cried almost whole night yesterday and probably it's same thing tonight..

Aww...being depressed sucks but it gets better :wink2:

What you done today? :das:

I thought you already knew? xD But was at Edinburgh zoo :3

I get everything except two things:

1) I first thought Djoser made the Nile stay in its banks, so that he would show his people its importance, but now that I've read it all, that just doesn't make any sense. I think google translate paqed it up again.:aah: Can you please explain? :aah:

and 2) What was Khemu's request? I mean, what does this mean?:

'But remember, the king, to my altar shrine is nerbrutet and no one has tried to build it, even though the stones that could do it all again is all around.'

Well okay to be honest I never read the myth just copy paste it :aah: But I'll see if I can explain it :wink2:

Edit: 1) No Djoser is the king, the one who made the Nile stay in its banks is the god Khnemu.

2) He wanted them to rebuilt his altar shrine. I think.

Edited by Lilasko

yea and hopefully soon, i've been depressed for many times and once for 3 weeks in row and i really don't want that to happen again... :huh:

I think you have depression...just judging by what your saying it seems like it,cos I do actually have it.(I know it doesn't seem so now but I was told I have it last year.) But yeah maybe going to a counselor would help too? Can talk to them about anything and everything plus great way to get things off your chest. I go to it now as there is a woman who comes to the school every Wednesday,I cried on the first day of going as what I talked about was really hurtful but just talking about it helped in a way.It's only a suggestion but yeah hope you feel better soon.♥

Well okay to be honest I never read the myth just copy paste it :aah: But I'll see if I can explain it :wink2:

Edit: 1) No Djoser is the king, the one who made the Nile stay in its banks is the god Khnemu.

2) He wanted them to rebuilt his altar shrine. I think.

Of course not.:aah:

Oh, okay.:pinkbow:

And good enough for me.:naughty:

Hanna, you're a life saver, I owe you big time. Thank you!!!!! :huglove::huglove:

I think you have depression...just judging by what your saying it seems like it,cos I do actually have it.(I know it doesn't seem so now but I was told I have it last year.) But yeah maybe going to a counselor would help too? Can talk to them about anything and everything plus great way to get things off your chest. I go to it now as there is a woman who comes to the school every Wednesday,I cried on the first day of going as what I talked about was really hurtful but just talking about it helped in a way.It's only a suggestion but yeah hope you feel better soon.♥

yea, maybe it would help.. Just have to wait a week, and try to live with this..

But thank you to you, just being your lovely self ♥ :huglove:

..... :tears: i'm just so f*cking depressed and i really don't want to live in here anymore... I cried almost whole night yesterday and probably it's same thing tonight..

Well..Dear, we all have our tough times in life..Sometimes more.. Sometimes less.. It's like.. It's always f***ing with ya.. Mostly, there is no cure for this.. At least I can't find it.. So.. When I'm really ***ed up etc I'll try to chat more with my best ones etc.. :original: The best place is MFC ofc... :original: So.. all I can say to you is.. Be strong.. Chill out in MFC.. Talk to MFCers. :original: Just don't let your depression take the power over you... :original: It's hard, I know.. But you gonna have to try!!!:original::huglove: Just remember..MFCers love you, babe! =) <3 :hug:

yea, maybe it would help.. Just have to wait a week, and try to live with this..

But thank you to you, just being your lovely self ♥ :huglove:

It will help :original: because honestly it's helping me and I've only just started,I have a long way till things are completely okay but still it's a start. You're welcome,aww I'm just generally nice to everyone. And as Angi said,us mfcers love you,very much. ♥♥♥

It will help :original: because honestly it's helping me and I've only just started,I have a long way till things are completely okay but still it's a start. You're welcome,aww I'm just generally nice to everyone. And as Angi said,us mfcers love you,very much. ♥♥♥

:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Well..Dear, we all have our tough times in life..Sometimes more.. Sometimes less.. It's like.. It's always f***ing with ya.. Mostly, there is no cure for this.. At least I can't find it.. So.. When I'm really ***ed up etc I'll try to chat more with my best ones etc.. :original: The best place is MFC ofc... :original: So.. all I can say to you is.. Be strong.. Chill out in MFC.. Talk to MFCers. :original: Just don't let your depression take the power over you... :original: It's hard, I know.. But you gonna have to try!!!:original::huglove: Just remember..MFCers love you, babe! =) <3 :hug:

I love you guys soso much, that there isn't a word strong enough for this feeling. ♥♥ I owe you guys so much.. :huglove:

I love you guys soso much, that there isn't a word strong enough for this feeling. ♥♥ I owe you guys so much.. :huglove:

We're just trying to make our best to make you feel better and not stressed. :hug::original:

Aw and we love you so much too. Ha there is never a word strong enough for that really. You don't owe us anything,we're just trying to help you out and make you feel better. Like what real friends would do.

I made it sound better, hope you'll understand it now :wink2:

This one? Yes I google translated it :aah:

Legend of the source of the Nile

The Nile is one of the world's largest rivers and the Nile god KhnemuRa was a major god in ancient Egypt. From the beginning he showed favor to the people of Egypt, so that it flourished and multiplied. The Egyptians' got their food from the Nile. Each year, the river spread across the land with blessing, so that when it returned within its banks, gave the earth large harvests and all the people were fed. But if the Nile didn't overflowed there was no blessing in the country.

In the eleventh year of King Djoser government the Nile stopped giving the Egyptians its favor. It remained in its beaches, so that the crop was thin and the people complained. But the granaries(?) were full of what was left of last year's harvest and nobody had to miss something - all hoping for a touch-up during the next year. But once again the Nile stayed within its banks, and this continued for seven years, until there was no food left in the country. Thus was the eighteenth year (it says 18 but I think it's 8) of King Djoser Government famine so severe that everywhere men, women and children died from starvation, while those who remained alive were so weak that even the strongest of distress could walk upright. Men's hearts were so hardened that they snatched from the sick and from small children every morsel they come across. It was as if love and compassion and courage died out in the country as well as grain and grapes.

King Djoser mourned annihilated over his people's misery and sought the help of god I-em-Hotep, Ptahs son, the great physician, who in ancient times freed the Egyptians from their troubles, but he got no answer to his pray. Then he said: "In-em-Hotep will not answer because it does not concern him. It is the Nile god, we must BESIEGE with our prayers." So he sent Mater, the governor of the southern provinces, to find out the Nile God's name and also where the river had its source.

Mater traveled quickly, came to the king, bowed for him and said, "Great king, in the area you have given me to control the wonderful island of Elephantine is situated. There the first city ever known in the world was built , and from that island the sun rises. On the island there's a large cave split into two rooms, both created like women's breasts, and inside that cave is the source of the Nile. At the right time of the year god Khnemu draws back the bolts on the cave door and the water rushes out as a blessing to the country. But Now the god no longer pull back the pistons. He sits in the god temple that's built on the Elephantines island, quietly and without moving, because people brought not sacrifice to him of the good gifts He has given them, and because they forgot his name " .

When King Djoser heard this, he waited no longer and stood up quickly and went to the temple of the gods. There, he carried the sacrifices and prayed to the God Khnemu that he would re-open his doors so the flood waters could rush out and once again bless the country. Khnemu looked at him and saw the great anguish of his soul and the love he bore to his people. He had compassion on him and said: "I'm Khnemu, the creator. My hands are resting upon you to protect you and make your body healthy. I the Nile, which overflows and rises to give health to those who work. I'm the peoples leader and guide, the Almighty, the gods father. Now I have mercy on you and your country, and the Nile will rise again as it did in ancient times. Every year, I pull the bolts from my door so that water rushes out and bless the land and make it productive again so that people can eat. I will do this because I have compassion on your misery and your country's woes. But remember, the king, to my altar shrine is decomposed and no one has tried to build it, even though the stones that could make it whole again is laying all around."

With the heart full of gratitude King Djoser replied: "You mighty Khnemu, all thing's creator, the god of the Nile who wants to donate bread for my starving people. From now on your temple will be honored and offerings will be borne, and I want to give public notice that the whole Egypt shall worship the good God Khnemu and bring him peace offerings (sacrifices). " Then he bowed and went out and commissioned a Royal Decree that the country on both sides of the Nile should be reserved for the temple's maintenance, that priests should be appointed to serve Khnemu and the country around it would repay tax for their's salaries.

All this he had engraved on a rock to the commemoration of the god's great bounty. And many thousands years later, in 1890, this stone was rediscovered on the island of Sahul and the history of the Nile god was known to the world.

We're just trying to make our best to make you feel better and not stressed. :hug::original:

Aw and we love you so much too. Ha there is never a word strong enough for that really. You don't owe us anything,we're just trying to help you out and make you feel better. Like what real friends would do.

:hug:

well yea there isn't (:

i owe you even that much, that i have to come to meet you and give you a hug.. :hug: