I've listened to like live or acoustic versions since I was listening to Mika on that bbc radio 2. Still ain't heard the studio versions though.

Won' get to actually hear them till Tuesday since I'm getting TOOL while I'm in Glasgow for the gig :naughty:

Aha I see, but then it's still some of the songs that you haven't heard :teehee:

Oh, well I still haven't listened to all of the songs :naughty:

Here people go all out search american crazy halloween homes it's sure to come up :aah:

like what other traditions :pinkbow:

So they can spray peoples houses an look like bums I guess is what they were goin' for :rolls_eyes:

Haha :aah:

Except the once you also have we celebrate, Advent, Lucia, Walpurgis night, Midsummer and we have trick or treat in easter too :aah:

People do that? :aah:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Because...I've helped out for the past two halloween disco's and it sucked,plus the teacher never even said thank you to me for helping out. I'm sure I'll have something better to do on that night anyway.

Buttwipes :mf_rosetinted:

Aha I see, but then it's still some of the songs that you haven't heard :teehee:

Yes but songs are different when sang acoustically. Plus I actually already know the lyrics to some of the songs so eh xD

Haha :aah:

Except the once you also have we celebrate, Advent, Lucia, Walpurgis night, Midsummer and we have trick or treat in easter too :aah:

People do that? :aah:

So what you saw is what about every house looks like :aah:

Please explain what those are , No idea :naughty: I know what Advent is we celebrate that too and in America we call it an easter egg hunt with is kinda like trick or treating only toy have to find the eggs filled with candy :pinkbow: mabey yours works differenly :blink:

Yes people do that! This is why America is failing in math and science :mf_rosetinted:

hi and bye :teehee :

Okay :roftl:

So what you saw is what about every house looks like :aah :

Please explain what those are , No idea :naughty: I know what Advent is we celebrate that too and in America we call it an easter egg hunt with is kinda like trick or treating only toy have to find the eggs filled with candy :pinkbow: mabey yours works differenly :blink:

Yes people do that! This is why America is failing in math and science :mf_rosetinted :

I didn't see anything xD

You do, so how do you celebrate it? :teehee: We count down to christmas by lighting one of four candles every sunday, basically.

250px-Adventsljusstake_med_tre_brinnande_ljus.JPG

Lucia is the 13th of December every year and looks like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et_ZXk3zzpg

Just watch the first minutes :wink2: And we eat this

http://karinpatrick.net/joomla/images/stories/food/lussekatt.jpg

Walpurgis night is the 30th of April every year and you lit a big fire, gather around it and watch it burn xD

And at midsummer we celebrate the lightest day of the year by dancing around this. :teehee:

midsommar.jpg

Ah we have that too at easter :wink2: The easter trick or treat is besically the same as the halloween one just that you don't do any treats, and that you dress up like a easter witch, because it's at the same day as the witches flies to Blockula to meat the devil :naughty:

:lmfao:

Yes but songs are different when sang acoustically. Plus I actually already know the lyrics to some of the songs so eh xD

Yes they are. Oh but that's still not the same thing as listen to them :aah:

Okay :roftl:

I didn't see anything xD

You do, so how do you celebrate it? :teehee: We count down to christmas by lighting one of four candles every sunday, basically.

250px-Adventsljusstake_med_tre_brinnande_ljus.JPG

Lucia is the 13th of December every year and looks like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et_ZXk3zzpg

Just watch the first minutes :wink2: And we eat this

http://karinpatrick.net/joomla/images/stories/food/lussekatt.jpg

Walpurgis night is the 30th of April every year and you lit a big fire, gather around it and watch it burn xD

And at midsummer we celebrate the lightest day of the year by dancing around this. :teehee:

midsommar.jpg

Ah we have that too at easter :wink2: The easter trick or treat is besically the same as the halloween one just that you don't do any treats, and that you dress up like a easter witch, because it's at the same day as the witches flies to Blockula to meat the devil :naughty:

:lmfao:

the 3rd candle is pink and the final one is purple i think :teehee: and ours go around a wreath and they are all the same height and the ones that aren't colored are white

So why is it celebrated

OMG what is that xD

Again why do you celebrate it :naughty:

and finally why do you celebrate it :aah:

the 3rd candle is pink and the final one is purple i think :teehee: and ours go around a wreath and they are all the same height and the ones that aren't colored are white

So why is it celebrated

OMG what is that xD

Again why do you celebrate it :naughty:

and finally why do you celebrate it :aah:

Ah I see interesting :teehee: Our are the same hight to, but when you lit them they get different hight.

I'm not sure which traditions you meant when you asked why we celebrate it but, I'll explain all of them even if they now are like christmas. You used to celebrate it because of one reason (jesus was born) but now you just celebrate :wink2:

Lucia - How do I explain, it's very complicated xD Well it's the darkest night of the year so it's a really old celebration. Going back to the 13-14 century but then you thought all the evil spirits and demons was out that night so you ahd to protect yourself, by lighting candles and stuff. The modern celebration are however from the 19th century, there are many theories you can read them here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Lucy%27s_Day

A Lucia bun, made with saffron.

Walpurgis night - no idea. Think it's from the 18th century when you lit fire's to keep witches and evil spirits away. :dunno:

Midsummer - as I told you, you celebrate the lightest day of the year, the Summer solstice.

Did I forget anything? :aah:

Ah I see interesting :teehee: Our are the same hight to, but when you lit them they get different hight.

I'm not sure which traditions you meant when you asked why we celebrate it but, I'll explain all of them even if they now are like christmas. You used to celebrate it because of one reason (jesus was born) but now you just celebrate :wink2:

Lucia - How do I explain, it's very complicated xD Well it's the darkest night of the year so it's a really old celebration. Going back to the 13-14 century but then you thought all the evil spirits and demons was out that night so you ahd to protect yourself, by lighting candles and stuff. The modern celebration are however from the 19th century, there are many theories you can read them here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Lucy%27s_Day

A Lucia bun, made with saffron.

Walpurgis night - no idea. Think it's from the 18th century when you lit fire's to keep witches and evil spirits away. :dunno:

Midsummer - as I told you, you celebrate the lightest day of the year, the Summer solstice.

Did I forget anything? :aah:

Nope :thumb_yello: