Mika confirms new single 'Origin of Love'

DerMoment1608

I watched. I was so worried at the beginning of the song. It seemed so... lacking. Lacking all that sound and depth that I associate with the song. I'm so pleased the second half of it seemed to contain all that. I hope the audience all appreciated it.

Lacking. That's what I felt at that time too. The live band sounds are flat and boring (especially the beginning) and he's changing vocals on some parts but it but sounds unprepared... use falsetto voice on some parts but sounds he's doing that just because his voice is not strong at that moment ... well after this performance I thought that OOL is not best for single.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...

That's confusing! It was always going to be Lola. Then I saw 'includes singles celebrate and stardust' on TOOL albums for sale. The video for 'next single' Underwater is about to be released. And now apparently the next single will be OOL! Can he not make up his mind? I'd go for Stardust!:mikadas:

Indeed. The albums (when they can be found on sale in the UK which isn't very often) have those stickers on :insane:

It will take more than one online announcement to prove that.

When I see he is booked on Alan Carr, Jonathan Ross, Jools Holland and Graham Nortons tv shows, and Nick Grimshaws breakfast show then I will believe it.

+1

Indeed. The albums (when they can be found on sale in the UK which isn't very often) have those stickers on :insane:

+1

We are used to his last-minutes decisions...

I still think Stardust would make a better single. And I don´t know why he is so worried about this song live... why does he need to sing it as a ballad?? I don´t think vocals are that different from Kick Ass... I´m sure he could sing it the same way it is in the album.

What is your mind, Mika?? :hypo:

I still think Stardust would make a better single. And I don´t know why he is so worried about this song live... why does he need to sing it as a ballad?? I don´t think vocals are that different from Kick Ass... I´m sure he could sing it the same way it is in the album.

Me too! I can imagine he sings Stardust live on TV, with some interesting act and it will be epic! If he concerns he could easily fail to reach notes on some live, he can hire some backing singers to back up the sounds :mf_rosetinted::aah:

Maybe his confidence will grow as he sings it more.

When I heard him sing it live at the Radio 2 thing I just totally fell in love with it. :mikalove:

it's not always up to him :wink2:

Me too! I can imagine he sings Stardust live on TV, with some interesting act and it will be epic! If he concerns he could easily fail to reach notes on some live, he can hire some backing singers to back up the sounds :mf_rosetinted::aah:

Yes, it´s vibrant and powerful... :swoon:

Maybe his confidence will grow as he sings it more.

When I heard him sing it live at the Radio 2 thing I just totally fell in love with it. :mikalove:

I thinks that song brings the best of his voice,the lowest and the highest...it´s festive and funny and will be amazing live. Not the way he performs it now (which is wonderful, and :swoon: and :blush-anim-cl: and everything else) but as it is in the album.

it's not always up to him :wink2:

Yes, I know. But for example, he changes the setlist almost every gig,and that´s his own decision, so, even if not 100% I think most of the things he does are his own decisions...

Yes, I know. But for example, he changes the setlist almost every gig,and that´s his own decision, so, even if not 100% I think most of the things he does are his own decisions...
yes, I agree, but it seems that the singles are up to the record label

According to these days reports, Mika says like he's going back to studio soon, won't have bigger shows next year things .. Think He's not very optimistic on this situation and singles these days... Underwater or OOL or whatever.. :sad:

Clearly he needs to meet new ppl who have ability to help him to be Top again.

Goodbye Nick Littlemore.

According to these days reports, Mika says like he's going back to studio soon, won't have bigger shows next year things .. Think He's not very optimistic on this situation and singles these days... Underwater or OOL or whatever.. :sad:

Clearly he needs to meet new ppl who have ability to help him to be Top again.

Goodbye Nick Littlemore.

You mean he won´t be touring? :shocked: Like touring for real, I mean... :shocked:

I don´t want to believe that :aah:

He used to do a small acoustic tour before the big one, didn´t him? He is now trying each country to see how things go. He´s done an amazing mini tour in North America and it´s doing pretty good in Europe. Enough to be sure he could do a new Imaginarium Tour.

Maybe he is just talking about that album he is writing for someone else?? He might take some vacations for this Christmas, and then start touring again after that, getting ready for summer and festivals and stuff... The album has just been launched, I don´t want to believe he is not going to promote it any longer....:blink:

:shocked:

Finally mayas were right. World is ending.

It hurts but it might be the best choice he can do at this moment. He needs a new song, not OOL or Underwater or Stardust.... Hope he never see Nick Littlemore again.

It hurts but it might be the best choice he can do at this moment. He needs a new song, not OOL or Underwater or Stardust.... Hope he never see Nick Littlemore again.

But... :aah: I don´t think it´s Nick´s fault :aah:

Mika still NEEDS to promote THIS album before going to hide AGAIN for AGES...

DAMN, MIKA.... GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF WHEREVER IT IS!!!!

I´m not sure how he could promote this album with a song that is NOT in the album itself... :aah:

OH GOD THIS IS SO UNREALISTIC....

But... :aah: I don´t think it´s Nick´s fault :aah:

Mika still NEEDS to promote THIS album before going to hide AGAIN for AGES...

DAMN, MIKA.... GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF WHEREVER IT IS!!!!

I´m not sure how he could promote this album with a song that is NOT in the album itself... :aah:

OH GOD THIS IS SO UNREALISTIC....

Not the promotion, but about the album, I don't think Nick is a good music partner for Mika. He might mess up beautiful demo songs with bad sounds mixing stuff! :aah: (If not Nick, whoever did the sounds design things with weird layers and electorics noise)

Promotion? New single? No... I don't think any song can dramatically change this situation. Mika Plz, meet someone else who can bring the best in you.

Edited by Yuna

Rosa, get together again!! :sneaky2:

:blink: I don´t know what "get together again" means :blink:

It's actually "get it together"...meaning "get yourself together". :naughty:

I'm with Robertina, isn't it a bit premature to panic???

The small shows were announced 4 months in advance and he's got nothing on his schedule now except a Swiss festival so something is definitely up. Large European dates are usually announced 6 months in advance.

IMO it's too late to panic. Mika's total disappearance in 2011 was when I was upset about this because I thought it was a terrible risk. It still makes me sad but the situation is what it is.

I'll be very surprised if he's going back to make another album right now though. I guess we'll see. :blink: