Tour Rumours - 2013!

dcdeb

the festival is 3 days, between june 28 and 30. ;) but doesn't say who is on which day.

Thank you. :thumb_yello:

It might make sense to base myself in France for the Summer. :teehee:

It's certainly looking that way:wink2:

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

T4P Robi :thumb_yello:

Good memories indeed - especially from afterwards. :thumb_yello: (although I think it was the longest ever wait!!!)

Might bring a sleeping bag this time:naughty:

I think Mika has bought a faulty "Atlas Of The World" which shows only France.

:lmfao:

Here, let me help him:

mikamap_zps76519066.jpg

Hmmm... something seems to be slightly off-balance there...

For me it's not the countries but these (sorry :aah:) crap festivals. I wouldn't mind going to France occassionally in the "off" years for some decent shows and I have to say if he plays an outdoor festival in Quebec I'm not going to be very excited either. It's just not the same and definitely not worth travelling for me.

For me it's not the countries but these (sorry :aah:) crap festivals. I wouldn't mind going to France occassionally in the "off" years for some decent shows and I have to say if he plays an outdoor festival in Quebec I'm not going to be very excited either. It's just not the same and definitely not worth travelling for me.

me too.. it's such a dilemma i can travel abroad only in summer but mika does mostly festivals in summer... last year I was pretty lucky he several own shows in summer as well

me too.. it's such a dilemma i can travel abroad only in summer but mika does mostly festivals in summer... last year I was pretty lucky he several own shows in summer as well

Well if it's confirmed the one in Rouen should be a Mika only gig, and it is said to be a free one :wink2:

well, there are different kinds of festivals, some festivals are more like gigs because it's only one main act per day. for example that was the case last year in lucerne and vigevano. i don't know about this year's festivals (except les ardentes, that definitely is a real festival with several artists on the same day), but i'm pretty sure some of the summer gigs will be that kind of one-artist-per-day festivals again. :wink2:

well, there are different kinds of festivals, some festivals are more like gigs because it's only one main act per day. for example that was the case last year in lucerne and vigevano. i don't know about this year's festivals (except les ardentes, that definitely is a real festival with several artists on the same day), but i'm pretty sure some of the summer gigs will be that kind of one-artist-per-day festivals again. :wink2:

The one outside of Montreal was a one-artist-per-day thing but it's still not like a regular gig. It's too big, you're exposed to the elements, the audience is not composed entirely of "Mika fans" so it's a different vibe and Mika and his team don't have the same control over the venue, etc.

And just generally speaking if this is going to be a year when Mika is just doing festivals instead of touring properly then there is no sort of cohesive program if you know what I mean. It's just a series of one-offs that end up being more or less a best-of setlist and the visuals are catered to a French audience since that's where the majority of the shows are.

If you guys in Europe enjoy these festivals that's great for you but I'm not going to travel to another continent for what would likely be one of my least favourite gigs. This is turning into a draught year from my perspective and if he's just going to play festivals until another album is released then wake me up when album #4 comes out :bed::sleep_1:

No, just that it will be between 6 and 16 June

Thanks. Yes, I have just been searching again in the hope that we could pinpoint it to a certain date but it seems not at the moment.

My wish would be for Mika to do one of the festival in downtown Montreal... The city made a complete place that turns into a stage in the summer and I must say the vibe is awesome... Rufus Wainwraight opened the Jazz Festival last summer...

And it's in front of my workplace:thumb_yello:

My wish would be for Mika to do one of the festival in downtown Montreal... The city made a complete place that turns into a stage in the summer and I must say the vibe is awesome... Rufus Wainwraight opened the Jazz Festival last summer...

And it's in front of my workplace:thumb_yello:

Oh yeah you're right, I remember seing Janelle Monae at this festival too... Yea Mika... I wish he could come more often too...

Well if it's confirmed the one in Rouen should be a Mika only gig, and it is said to be a free one :wink2:

his own gig and it's free? :shocked: but I can't go at that time :crybaby:

and today I searched google to know where Liege is located... (which is v familiar city name for its waffle :teehee:) but found out that it's v far from main gates of Europe.. I can choose Amsterdam or Frankfurt, seems most close spot from Liege, but still too far... :sad:

Last year I spent too much time and money because Vienne and Parc eana venues are so far from the Paris airport.... why he's doing gigs in isolated places!! :aah:

his own gig and it's free? :shocked: but I can't go at that time :crybaby:

and today I searched google to know where Liege is located... (which is v familiar city name for its waffle :teehee:) but found out that it's v far from main gates of Europe.. I can choose Amsterdam or Frankfurt, seems most close spot from Liege, but still too far... :sad:

Last year I spent too much time and money because Vienne and Parc eana venues are so far from the Paris airport.... why he's doing gigs in isolated places!! :aah:

Maybe because the whole purpose of these gigs is to give to chance to more people seeing him? Not everyone can travel long distance for shows... and given that, I will never complain about artists who are willing to do shows in remote areas:thumb_yello:

This is turning into a draught year from my perspective and if he's just going to play festivals until another album is released then wake me up when album #4 comes out :bed::sleep_1:

I can't tell how sarcastic you're being. Do you think there'll be a No4? He basically dumped touring TBWKNM to get going on TOOL. Surely the record company won't let him get away with that again- even the French sales weren't that good

The one outside of Montreal was a one-artist-per-day thing but it's still not like a regular gig. It's too big, you're exposed to the elements, the audience is not composed entirely of "Mika fans" so it's a different vibe and Mika and his team don't have the same control over the venue, etc.

And just generally speaking if this is going to be a year when Mika is just doing festivals instead of touring properly then there is no sort of cohesive program if you know what I mean. It's just a series of one-offs that end up being more or less a best-of setlist and the visuals are catered to a French audience since that's where the majority of the shows are.

If you guys in Europe enjoy these festivals that's great for you but I'm not going to travel to another continent for what would likely be one of my least favourite gigs. This is turning into a draught year from my perspective and if he's just going to play festivals until another album is released then wake me up when album #4 comes out :bed::sleep_1:

ok, i agree with that, i probably wouldn't travel to another continent for a festival either. :rolls_eyes: only a 1-hour-flight away is something different though. :teehee: but i guess that he'll do some gigs on the american continent as well this year, so i hope you'll get the chance to see him there. :thumb_yello:

I can't tell how sarcastic you're being. Do you think there'll be a No4? He basically dumped touring TBWKNM to get going on TOOL. Surely the record company won't let him get away with that again- even the French sales weren't that good

He will release another album. Quite possibly they won't offer him the same amount of money he got for the first 3 albums, but considering the fact he does have a relatively solid fanbase, I doubt they will just let him go like that. Besides, the tour is not in the hands of the record company, but he needs promoters to back him up. I doubt there will be a large tour for TOOL and fear we'll have to make do with these festivals, but I'm pretty sure he won't get dumped by the record company.

Besides, he said he had amazing things planned for this year. We'll have to wait and see.