Mika @ Private Event: Les Caves Du Roy @ Hotel Byblos

dcdeb

:aah:

:bow:Would you translate the summary please ?

here's the summary of the article

It says something like the summer festivals were at its peak last Thursday when Antoin Chevanne, the master of the estate, invited the Anglo-Libanese Mika to sing at the palace.

The ambiance was relax as a few thousand privileged people were around the pool, which was partly covered to accommodate a VIP section and the stage, decorated with giant flowers.

In the “flower-power” atmostphere, Mika sang his hits like Grace Kelly, Love Today etc…

Even the champagne seemed to be growing on tree branches “a la burton”

Then they name people who were there, sports celebrities etc…

Midnight swim

They go on to say that it was nice to see Mika dance/have fun on stage.

Mika then appeared shirtless for his last song. At 12h15, he jumped in the pool, under the watchful eyes of people in the front rows.

I’m not 100% sure what they mean by “une photo que la pop-star ne validera helas pas.” :dunno:

I guess there was no pictures taken. Someone from France can explain that expression please.

The journalist then says there was no pre/post concert meeting.

His management informed them that it was not stipulated in his contract and that Mika has dark circles under his eyes.

Three albums later, the little boy from Beyrouth, always very generous on stage, is now acting like “Mika Jackson” backstage. Bad

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It says something like the summer festivals were at its peak last Thursday when Antoin Chevanne, the master of the estate, invited the Anglo-Libanese Mika to sing at the palace.

The ambiance was relax as a few thousand privileged people were around the pool, which was partly covered to accommodate a VIP section and the stage, decorated with giant flowers.

In the “flower-power” atmostphere, Mika sang his hits like Grace Kelly, Love Today etc…

Midnight swim

Mika then appeared shirtless for his last song. At 12h15, he jumped in the pool, under the watchful eyes of people in the front rows.

I’m not 100% sure what they mean by “une photo que la pop-star ne validera helas pas.” :dunno:

I guess there was no pictures taken. Someone from France can explain that expression please.

His management informed them that it was not stipulated in his contract and that Mika has dark circles under his eyes.

Three albums later, the little boy from Beyrouth, always very generous on stage, is now acting like “Mika Jackson” backstage. Bad

Thanks for translation! :flowers2:

Wow, that's our Mika :swoon:

Poor Mika, he needs a very well deserved holidays :teehee:

Midnight swim

To me it means that they asked him permission to use the pic of him going in the pool and he refused.

I don't like what they insinuate at the end :sneaky2:

Thanks Guylaine (I really couldn't do translation like that, I'm sorry that I can't help more with this :aah:)

I agree with Camille about the translation (he refused that the picture was published), and about what they say about Mika at the end :mad:

Midnight swim

Thanks for the summary! :flowers2: Must have been nice to jump into the cool water after the show... :naughty: Lol!

I don't like how they put their words in the end either. He was obviously tired and not in the mood to meet people.

Thanks for the summary! :flowers2: Must have been nice to jump into the cool water after the show... :naughty: Lol!

I don't like how they put their words in the end either. He was obviously tired and not in the mood to meet people.

Last time the press called him a Diva he was very angry. It was a private gig and not official so I can understand he doesn´t want to speak with journalists and I really can understand he doesn´t want to have his pool picture in newspapers even if I ´d like to see it :wink2:. And sometimes he should be allowed to act like a Diva, we all do that from time to time don´t we?

Do you remember his tweet saying that he jumped in the swimming pool after the show? He said "I wanted to stay underwater".

I know we said that it was surely in relation to his song, but I'm asking myself if it couldn't be also that he was fed up with this private party and the people there, and that staying underwater was a way to escape.

And I've got a question: when Mika is coming for M&G after gigs, is it related to the gig's contract? Or is it only related to his mood (when he wants / doesn't want to come to see us, or is tired,...)? I guess it's depending on him only, and not the contract, but just want to be sure, because of what this article said.

Last time the press called him a Diva he was very angry. It was a private gig and not official so I can understand he doesn´t want to speak with journalists and I really can understand he doesn´t want to have his pool picture in newspapers even if I ´d like to see it :wink2:. And sometimes he should be allowed to act like a Diva, we all do that from time to time don´t we?

I can understand him well, too. It's really not fair they write like that. He meets journalists all the time. Of course we would love to see him jumping to the pool but only if he likes to share it :wink2:

He can have a few days off now and enjoy the summer? I hope so.

Do you remember his tweet saying that he jumped in the swimming pool after the show? He said "I wanted to stay underwater".

I know we said that it was surely in relation to his song, but I'm asking myself if it couldn't be also that he was fed up with this private party and the people there, and that staying underwater was a way to escape.

And I've got a question: when Mika is coming for M&G after gigs, is it related to the gig's contract? Or is it only related to his mood (when he wants / doesn't want to come to see us, or is tired,...)? I guess it's depending on him only, and not the contract, but just want to be sure, because of what this article said.

I was thinking the same when I read his tweet :wink2: But we never know.

It's usually never related to his contracts, and it's nothing official. He meets fans if he feels like it. It's very sweet from him to do it, but we should remember it's not something we should expect. We go to see his concerts, and if he decides to say hello to his fans or sign something after shows it's always something extra. I haven't seen him many times after the gigs this year even I've seen many concerts and festivals. It's very difficult to meet him after festivals (big areas with several gates and doors) and most times there are so many people I've only watched him from far away.

In this article they probably talk about meeting press after the show. There must be official schedules for that (he often meets journalists before and after the show) and this time it wasn't in his contract and he was too tired to do it. Of course there are official M&Gs for fans too. Most times those are organized by radio stations etc to share as competition prizes to local people (and not for MFC).

Edited by tiibet

I think this sounds quite plausible! :thumb_yello:

And I never understand why journalists are describing people as difficult or diva's when someone doesn't want their picture published. I mean, we all have those pictures we don't even want to share on Facebook for our friends to see, let alone shared with the entire world. Journalists and photographers are human too and although it's their job, I cannot understand that they can't empathize a bit more with 'the celebrity'.

I would think if he wanted to avoid people in general he would just leave and not make a spectacle of himself by jumping in the pool? :naughty: Maybe he was referring specifically to this altercation with the photographer that likely occurred when he came up and they started taking pics. I can understand them thinking he's a diva but I think it's very unprofessional to publish the bit about the contract since if his management said that I'm sure it was off the record. The comment about the circles under his eyes just sounds completely fabricated.

I wouldn't be surprised if this whole thing was about not wanting to deal with this reporter in particular and not about him refusing to meet guests. He obviously took pics with the manager of the hotel (and you can see there is at least one other person in the pic).

Midnight swim

I’m not 100% sure what they mean by “une photo que la pop-star ne validera helas pas.” :dunno:y

Reading the french back, I realized that the journalist is not bitching about no pre/post gig meeting but about the fact he was not allowed to take pics... Not exactly the same, right?:sneaky2:

Stupid journalist:mf_rosetinted:

I would think if he wanted to avoid people in general he would just leave and not make a spectacle of himself by jumping in the pool? :naughty: Maybe he was referring specifically to this altercation with the photographer that likely occurred when he came up and they started taking pics. I can understand them thinking he's a diva but I think it's very unprofessional to publish the bit about the contract since if his management said that I'm sure it was off the record. The comment about the circles under his eyes just sounds completely fabricated.

I wouldn't be surprised if this whole thing was about not wanting to deal with this reporter in particular and not about him refusing to meet guests. He obviously took pics with the manager of the hotel (and you can see there is at least one other person in the pic).

The whole deal seems about that reporter not allowed to take pictures prior or after the concert...

M&G after concerts always depend on how he is feeling.

But to me, Mika going outside, signing things on his way to his car is not an M & G though.

Reading the french back, I realized that the journalist is not bitching about no pre/post gig meeting but about the fact he was not allowed to take pics... Not exactly the same, right?:sneaky2:

Stupid journalist:mf_rosetinted:

The whole deal seems about that reporter not allowed to take pictures prior or after the concert...

well, it says "rencontre illustree" ? :dunno:

I think this journalist had the illusion that he/she was going to get access to Mika at this gig & didn't.

Either way, this journalist was not very professional by writing the last bit of her article. His management's words shouldn't have been published.

i call this "bitter reporter" :naughty:

JUMP into the pool !!!

You are a real 'search and find' miracle!

are there people in the pool?

i can't quite tell, it's quite blurry :naughty:

On the basis of the other images, I would say that it is just some decoration... with determining that, it is also clear that we weren't present :teehee:

Miss Journalist should just suck it up. If there was no agreement of an interview or pictures being taken prior to the event, she should stop bitching and enjoy the champagne.

:naughty: that seems on branches of trees,

now that's something you don't see everyday :naughty:

I didn't realize that meeting with reporters was negotiated in contracts though. Unless this is different as it was a private even :dunno:

I didn't realize that meeting with reporters was negotiated in contracts though. Unless this is different as it was a private even :dunno:

I am imagining something along these lines:

Reporter: I want to speak to/take pictures of Mika.

(Mika is running an hour late and can't talk to anyone)

Hotel Manager: Mika isn't meeting people now but you can speak to him after the performance.

Reporter: I am back to speak to/take pictures of Mika.

(Mika is annoyed over the photos in the pool incident)

Hotel Manager: Sorry Mika doesn't want to to see yo...err anyone.

Reporter: But you said he would meet people after the show.

Hotel Manager: Well he's really tired and it would not make good pictures.

Reporter: WTF, you invited my paper here to cover your event and promote your hotel and we expect to speak to the pop star.

Hotel Manager: :dunno:

Reporter: Surely you can demand that he gives us a few minutes.

Team Mika: Mika was hired to perform only. He's not speaking to press. Buh-bye.

Miss Journalist should just suck it up. If there was no agreement of an interview or pictures being taken prior to the event, she should stop bitching and enjoy the champagne.

:naughty: I agree - the comment/conclusion of this journalist is so stupid that he/she isn't worth any champagne either :sneaky2: This was a private party, and should be threated like that :doh: Now I hope MIKA get some holidays, and a good rest, away from both public and press :wub2:

Love,love

me

Hotel Manager: Mika isn't meeting people now but you can speak to him after the performance.

Reporter: WTF, you invited my paper here to cover your event and promote your hotel and we expect to speak to the pop star.

Oh yes miscommunication! But I doubt anyone can demand Mika to do anything unless there are chances of him getting sued wih a strong case against him. I mean this article is not half as bad as the things written about the likes of Justin Bieber and Rihanna.

I was thinking the same when I read his tweet :wink2: But we never know.

It's usually never related to his contracts, and it's nothing official. He meets fans if he feels like it. It's very sweet from him to do it, but we should remember it's not something we should expect. We go to see his concerts, and if he decides to say hello to his fans or sign something after shows it's always something extra. I haven't seen him many times after the gigs this year even I've seen many concerts and festivals. It's very difficult to meet him after festivals (big areas with several gates and doors) and most times there are so many people I've only watched him from far away.

In this article they probably talk about meeting press after the show. There must be official schedules for that (he often meets journalists before and after the show) and this time it wasn't in his contract and he was too tired to do it. Of course there are official M&Gs for fans too. Most times those are organized by radio stations etc to share as competition prizes to local people (and not for MFC).

Thank you for the explanation Nina!

M&G after concerts always depend on how he is feeling.

But to me, Mika going outside, signing things on his way to his car is not an M & G though.

So, how do you call it? A Quick'n Greet? :teehee:

JUMP into the pool !!!

http://instagram.com/p/cBkfM7NLSb/

ad5cf666f1ef11e29a5b22000a9f15d6_7.jpg

Yes, we've got it finally!! Thank you Eriko! :thumb_yello:

It must have been something like this :teehee:

Poor journalist, maybe he wanted an autograph and couldn't get one, that's why he was angry :mf_rosetinted: I agree that it was not professional to write such things to finish the article.