MIKA as a judge at "THE VOICE" France 2014

Sweetieval

Saturday and yesterday were the last recordings, some 'battles' that are new to the show this year to choose the last contestants who will sing in live shows. Regarding The Voice Mika has no more commitments before the live shows begin I think. I've heard it should be in March/April.

The aftershow thing (I'll call it this way because I'm not sure 'aftershow show' makes sense :teehee:) will be aired every week. That's partly why the recordings were so long. They would always finish recording with this part and that's generally when we would see Mika yawning more and more..

Hello Camille,

how was the recording yesterday? I hoped to be there, but was obliged to cancel my trip on the day before. :-( So I would be interested to know what I missed... Thanks in advance!

Friday has an interview in France but then he's flying to Milan for a show in the evening but I think he has another interview in France on Saturday:wink2

Are you talking about the 5 questions that Nikos will ask him in "50 minutes inside"? I think it's already recorded, so I'm not sure Mika will come back to France after Italy. I hope he will directly fly to LA :mf_rosetinted:

Yesterday evening was the last recording. As Camille said it was something new, the same than Saturday, that is the coach choosed 3 people of his team, and everyone sang his song (that he had chosen himself). Then the coach decides to keep 2 people of the 3 for the live shows.

Tuesday were Mika's and Garou's team. In my opinion, Mika's choices were the most surprising (compared to the choices of the other coaches) but I'm mostly agreeing with him :teehee:

Most important: the 4 coaches sang a new song together!! It was "Vieille canaille", a song of Serge Gainsbourg

(here is an original live version of the song in duo: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xa1fal_gainsbourg-ft-eddy-mitchell-vieille_music)

I must say it was really funny :teehee::wub2: They sang it 3 times :mf_rosetinted:

We tried to ask for the date of the live shows, but the "famous Seb" answered us he was not allowed to tell us yet :aah:

We are still trying to find some informations :mf_rosetinted: and we think it will start end of March or beginning of April as Camille said.

Are you talking about the 5 questions that Nikos will ask him in "50 minutes inside"? I think it's already recorded, so I'm not sure Mika will come back to France after Italy. I hope he will directly fly to LA :mf_rosetinted:

Yesterday evening was the last recording. As Camille said it was something new, the same than Saturday, that is the coach choosed 3 people of his team, and everyone sang his song (that he had chosen himself). Then the coach decides to keep 2 people of the 3 for the live shows.

Tuesday were Mika's and Garou's team. In my opinion, Mika's choices were the most surprising (compared to the choices of the other coaches) but I'm mostly agreeing with him :teehee:

Most important: the 4 coaches sang a new song together!! It was "Vieille canaille", a song of Serge Gainsbourg

(here is an original live version of the song in duo: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xa1fal_gainsbourg-ft-eddy-mitchell-vieille_music)

I must say it was really funny :teehee::wub2: They sang it 3 times :mf_rosetinted:

We tried to ask for the date of the live shows, but the "famous Seb" answered us he was not allowed to tell us yet :aah:

We are still trying to find some informations :mf_rosetinted: and we think it will start end of March or beginning of April as Camille said.

Yes, I was refering that interview. Oh,I didnt know it was already recorded. Thanks for letting us know. I Hope he's going to LA as well :crossed:

Hello Camille,

how was the recording yesterday? I hoped to be there, but was obliged to cancel my trip on the day before. :-( So I would be interested to know what I missed... Thanks in advance!

Hi Claire :)

I'm sorry you couldn't come... Well to be honest I haven't got much to report about. It is much more about the competition than about watching Mika being his funny self now :teehee: Mika did notice us though :thumb_yello:

As Mélanie said we were lucky to hear Mika sing once more with the other coaches! Otherwise now we know who will sing live in Garou's and Mika's teams but I don't think we should post this here.

We waited for Mika at the end in the cold for a very long time (we were starting to realise how crazy we were) and he finally went off in his van without stopping. Florent Pagny who was the last one to leave told us they were having a party for the end of the recordings (which we already knew) and they were not in the best state to stop and have a chat :mf_rosetinted:

I've just read on twitter, Mika saturday and sunday on cherie fm live! :dunno:

I don't think this will be live. They will play songs he likes throughout the morning.

I'm sorry you couldn't come... Well to be honest I haven't got much to report about. It is much more about the competition than about watching Mika being his funny self now :teehee:Mika did notice us though :thumb_yello:

As Mélanie said we were lucky to hear Mika sing once more with the other coaches! Otherwise now we know who will sing live in Garou's and Mika's teams but I don't think we should post this here.

He was so focused on the competition and making his choice between the singers! He looked really serious and even nervous at times. You think he saw Mika fans? I had a feeling he didn't much even look at the audience, he was so focused on his team.

Yes, it was all about the battles, it's difficult to tell anything without giving any info about their teams and people want to see it themselves from television.

Edited by tiibet

Hi Claire :)

I'm sorry you couldn't come... Well to be honest I haven't got much to report about. It is much more about the competition than about watching Mika being his funny self now :teehee: Mika did notice us though :thumb_yello:

We waited for Mika at the end in the cold for a very long time (we were starting to realise how crazy we were) and he finally went off in his van without stopping. Florent Pagny who was the last one to leave told us they were having a party for the end of the recordings (which we already knew) and they were not in the best state to stop and have a chat :mf_rosetinted:

I don't think this will be live. They will play songs he likes throughout the morning.

Thank you, Camille and Mélanie, for your reports! :huglove: Of course, I would have loved to be with you for the last recording, but at the end, I don't miss the long waiting in the cold to discuss with Florent Pagny!:wink2: In any case, last night must have had a special flavour to you, as it was the last of that kind ever... (considering that the ambiance of the live shows will probably be different). Last question: could you be seated like on last Saturday, were you again behind him?

He was so focused on the competition and making his choice between the singers! He looked really serious and even nervous at times. You think he saw Mika fans? I had a feeling he didn't much even look at the audience, he was so focused on his team.

Well now that you say it I'm not 100% sure (never am) but when he sat down he looked at all of us and we waved and he nodded.. I would also say that during the show he looked much more on our side than the other (on purpose or not, who knows :dunno:)

Last question: could you be seated like on last Saturday, were you again behind him?

No this time we were on the side so we had a good view, I think it was almost the same place where you were in December.

Yes, it was all about the battles, it's difficult to tell anything without giving any info about their teams and people want to see it themselves from television.

Yes, he was very focused on his team, I love when he is like that (even if I love also when he is jocking and playing all around like he was for the blind auditions :teehee:).

Yes, he did see us, I'm sure of it :mf_rosetinted:

A new thing is that the audience was a lot more noisy than usual, many many people were screaming Mika and Garou names!! :shocked: All the time!!! (except during the songs of the contestants of course) It was usually not like that, I think it's because the show is now on TV. It gives us a taste of what it will be like from now on :aah:

But Mika never answered to these screaming people (unlike Garou who was playing with them), except when 2 little children came to him for a kiss :wub2:

Thank you, Camille and Mélanie, for your reports! :huglove: Of course, I would have loved to be with you for the last recording, but at the end, I don't miss the long waiting in the cold to discuss with Florent Pagny!:wink2: In any case, last night must have had a special flavour to you, as it was the last of that kind ever... (considering that the ambiance of the live shows will probably be different). Last question: could you be seated like on last Saturday, were you again behind him?

Yes, we were seated, on the left side of the room :thumb_yello: (like for the day you were there). I have to say some fans are REALLY good negociators :thumb_yello:

I hope you can be with us next time (and Natalya too) :huglove:

Well now that you say it I'm not 100% sure (never am) but when he sat down he looked at all of us and we waved and he nodded.. I would also say that during the show he looked much more on our side than the other (on purpose or not, who knows :dunno:)

No this time we were on the side so we had a good view, I think it was almost the same place where you were in December.

:hi5:

Yes, he was very focused on his team, I love when he is like that (even if I love also when he is jocking and playing all around like he was for the blind auditions :teehee:).

A new thing is that the audience was a lot more noisy than usual, many many people were screaming Mika and Garou names!! :shocked: All the time!!! (except during the songs of the contestants of course) It was usually not like that, I think it's because the show is now on TV. It gives us a taste of what it will be like from now on :aah:

But Mika never answered to these screaming people (unlike Garou who was playing with them), except when 2 little children came to him for a kiss :wub2:

I was a bit shocked that people screamed that much :blink: It didn't come from fan sections though. I know what you mean about him being focused. I like it when he is serious with his work :wub2: This time he looked also a bit nervous, must feel a bit heavy to send people out and do it alone and just use his own consideration.

Yes, we were seated, on the left side of the room :thumb_yello: (like for the day you were there). I have to say some fans are REALLY good negociators :thumb_yello:

I hope you can be with us next time (and Natalya too) :huglove:

I want to be a little girl again :blush-anim-cl:

:hi5:

Mélanie, Camille, you are both very good at remembering all details of the last shows. :thumb_yello: We are lucky to have reporters like you! Of course I hope to join you on one of the next shows. Meeting Natalya on that occasion would be even better!

Mélanie, Camille, you are both very good at remembering all details of the last shows. :thumb_yello: We are lucky to have reporters like you! Of course I hope to join you on one of the next shows. Meeting Natalya on that occasion would be even better!

ThankYou for sharing..!

I must say it was really funny :teehee::wub2: They sang it 3 times

Cant wait to hear that!!! First bohemian Rhapsody and Everybody's Talking then this. Love how the Voice is full of lovely surprises like these:wub2:

Does anyone remember when the live shows started for last year's Voice? Guess it will be around the same time this year too.

not sure if anyone gets the "Oops magazine", but there's an article about Mika & the Voice France...

I can't read it because i'm not a member, but the title says the other judges don't like him :dunno:

http://www.oops.fr/

Nobody should take it seriously or at its face value... Oops magazine is all about gossips. It's "presse people" as we say in France and anything to boost the sales would do :fisch:

Several of my colleagues watched The Voice and say they were favourably impressed by Mika. He was very fluent in French, very comfortable in his jury's role and stole the limelight :naughty: