Hello from a New Freak!

ceebs

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Thank you for all the warm welcomes everyone! You are amazingly welcoming and friendly.

A few more thoughts:

My speeding song would have to be Love Today. It's going to get me in trouble some day. It's shocking when I look at the speedometer and see how fast I'm really going. Plus something about that song makes me want to do hand motions as well!

Thank you for the link to the list of great performances. I will space them out like little Christmas presents!

A live Mika performance is definately on my bucket list now. I live close enough to Chicago that it could surely happen. Who will come with me, I don't know.....

Heard my first Mika song out in public. I was on a Girl's night out and they played Grace Kelly on the sound system at the restaurant. I thought I was just hearing things, because I basically always have a Mika ear worm going on, but it really was. My friends were probably wondering why I was totally zoning out on the conversation and mouthing words and tapping my fingers on the table. I don't think they would understand.

Dee, how cool. I have my library degree and I worked in public libraries before my kids were born. I now volunteer a few days a week at my daughters school library, and I'm applying for part time jobs currently! We were also in your lovely state this summer.

And wow,what a performance tonight! I've only had time to watch Stardust,but it was enchanting. Like said to my daughter, "I didn't think a human being could sing like that."

OK, done, sorry to babble on. Just had a fangirl attack!

Wow! Thank you for all the warm welcomes everyone! You are amazingly welcoming and friendly.

A few more thoughts:

My speeding song would have to be Love Today. It's going to get me in trouble some day. It's shocking when I look at the speedometer and see how fast I'm really going. Plus something about that song makes me want to do hand motions as well!

Thank you for the link to the list of great performances. I will space them out like little Christmas presents!

A live Mika performance is definately on my bucket list now. I live close enough to Chicago that it could surely happen. Who will come with me, I don't know.....

Heard my first Mika song out in public. I was on a Girl's night out and they played Grace Kelly on the sound system at the restaurant. I thought I was just hearing things, because I basically always have a Mika ear worm going on, but it really was. My friends were probably wondering why I was totally zoning out on the conversation and mouthing words and tapping my fingers on the table. I don't think they would understand.

Dee, how cool. I have my library degree and I worked in public libraries before my kids were born. I now volunteer a few days a week at my daughters school library, and I'm applying for part time jobs currently! We were also in your lovely state this summer.

And wow,what a performance tonight! I've only had time to watch Stardust,but it was enchanting. Like said to my daughter, "I didn't think a human being could sing like that."

OK, done, sorry to babble on. Just had a fangirl attack!

I have seen him in both Chicago and Minneapolis, so if you need a concert buddy for the next tour, I'm sure I would volunteer!:thumb_yello:

Here are a couple of videos my daughter and I took from those shows.

Mamiam, no problem. I WISH I would have been able to see him with my family! I don't know what they would think about that though. Yesterday, though, my husband said, "I've got this song stuck in my head..... It goes lahdee dahdee dee...lahdee dahdee dee..." Yep, it was Love Today. Then I made him watch Grace Kelly on You Tube because he likes Queen. He found the similaritiy scary and actually liked the song, so there is hope.

That is very promising :thumb_yello:

Hey there :bye: i'm Dee, i live in Nebraska. I know how you feel about feeling like a lonely Mika fan. Didn't realize how many of us there are until i joined MFC and realized we're just very widely scattered.

I loved what you said in your first post about Mika as a person and completely agree :thumb_up:

Thats great your library has all three of his CDs, mine only has LICM and TOOL (and that's only because i requested they buy TOOL :teehee: ) Maybe someday you'll meet the mystery person who put the cd on hold. i actually work in the library here and i'm always checking to see if anyone's checked his cds out, if not then i check them out just to help out his stats (so the library will be more likely to buy the next ones).

Anyway, i'm the world rep for the USA. So if you ever have any questions or need anything feel free to PM me and i'll be happy to help.

Here's a link to the American thread http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15763 if you want to chat with other MFCers from the USA.

It's about time I subscribe to this thread :teehee:

I have spent a year in the USA so I guess that makes me a bit American right ? :wub2: I had such a wonderful stay there in the best host family ever :wub2: Mika was only a baby then in 1986 , he was three :wub2: