The Australian Thread: Party Twenty-Four

silver

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats to the UK for coming in 2nd. We all THORt he 🔨 NAILED that performance. 

And Mika was 200% made for Eurovision, every Aussie I've spoken to this weekend has said the same. Charismatic and Fun. 

:partytime:

I'm off to give a wolf* a banana*. 

*cat

*cucumber

5 hours ago, Kelzy said:

Congrats to the UK for coming in 2nd. We all THORt he 🔨 NAILED that performance. 

And Mika was 200% made for Eurovision, every Aussie I've spoken to this weekend has said the same. Charismatic and Fun. 

:partytime:

I'm off to give a wolf* a banana*. 

*cat

*cucumber

I thought the Australian song was beautifully performed and presented, but a bit "heavy" for Eurovision.

And yes, Mika is made for Eurovision.  Maybe they'll give him the job permanently :naughty:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, silver said:

I thought the Australian song was beautifully performed and presented, but a bit "heavy" for Eurovision.

And yes, Mika is made for Eurovision.  Maybe they'll give him the job permanently :naughty:

I felt the same way. It's an empowering song, just like Switzerland's "boys do cry", Armenia "Snap", Azerbaijan "Fade to black" as well. Beautiful messages, and they are all nice tunes but if we're talking Eurovision's style and the overall vibe of the night/s all were still lacking visually and melodically were too melancholy. Some entries do too much. And others, too little. We were doing too little. 

Also I feel Australia has to go through the few years of building a repertoire and stronger comradery. We're are island. We always have to bridge our distances. But when the entire room gave us the love for being there (2 people votes) that really was better than winning. 

And, yes they should. Still laughing at the poker face moment. Serbia 🤣🤣💦🤲

Edited by Kelzy

• 1 month later...

Stunned by the pictures of the flooding around Sydney.  I hope no-one has been badly affected by this, but as thousands of people have had to be evacuated I guess some of you (or your families) have been caught up in it.