Say Something Random pt. 29 ~ Because why not

2 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

Or not! Don’t forget to work while it’s there!

Good point! Mika can be very distracting!

I've had many occasions where I've become increasingly absent-minded because of Mika. 

A case in point:

The other day I was walking back from the shops, had OOL stuck in my head, somewhat singing it to myself and I completely missed the alleyway where I was supposed to go which takes me to my street. If my brain had gotten to the end of the song who knows where I might have ended up! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've also forgotten whether I've brushed my teeth on occasion because I've been listening to Mika in the morning 😅

Or there's times when I'm ironing and also telling Alexa to play more Mika songs, I know multitasking is seen as a positive thing but I don't recommend trying to play Platform Ballerinas while getting the creases out of your favourite shirt! :uhno:

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I've also forgotten whether I've brushed my teeth on occasion because I've been listening to Mika in the mornin

I'm sure he would be delighted to know that.:lmfao:

• Haha 3

I got offered a permanent job in the government!!!!! That Mika picture will be printed onto a canvas now for my new PERMANENT desk 🤩🤩

• Like 4

1 hour ago, emilynxlan said:

I got offered a permanent job in the government!!!!! That Mika picture will be printed onto a canvas now for my new PERMANENT desk 🤩🤩

That's great news,  well done! :thumb_yello: 

So my Hunny—the one who brought home the Mikajar for me to put money in every time I talked about him because she was sick of hearing about him—-was in a Michael’s craft store this morning and she put this together…..

IMG_1912.thumb.jpeg.5df39fe7eff0ab93f822a0715f4a2193.jpeg

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Haha 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

So my Hunny—the one who brought home the Mikajar for me to put money in every time I talked about him because she was sick of hearing about him—-was in a Michael’s craft store this morning and she put this together…..

Are you sure she doesn't like him? :mf_rosetinted:

• Haha 1

On 6/21/2024 at 5:50 PM, QueenBigFat said:

It's now a Michael Holbrook craft store... excuse the pun 😂

• Haha 3

Have to tag you @QueenBigFat for this story! You'll see why!

Soooo...   I have one of those Roku devices you put directly into the TV to watch streaming channels with. Yesterday while I was bored I thought I'd scroll through some of the newer channels and maybe add one or two. I came across a free movie channel called Fawesome (whoever came up with that name knew exactly what they were doing! :teehee:). It's a channel for action, horror and sci-fi movies so I thought I'd add it and have a look. I went straight to the sci-fi section and would you believe what the very first film was on the list?! 

20240623_222512.thumb.jpg.b1316f2707f183c2970a8a885bb4d694.jpg

I just had to take a picture because I couldn't quite believe it! Or maybe I could because apparently this is my super power now 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Soooo...   I have one of those Roku devices you put directly into the TV to watch streaming channels with. Yesterday while I was bored I thought I'd scroll through some of the newer channels and maybe add one or two. I came across a free movie channel called Fawesome (whoever came up with that name knew exactly what they were doing! :teehee:). It's a channel for action, horror and sci-fi movies so I thought I'd add it and have a look. I went straight to the sci-fi section and would you believe what the very first film was on the list?! 

20240623_222512.thumb.jpg.b1316f2707f183c2970a8a885bb4d694.jpg

I just had to take a picture because I couldn't quite believe it! Or maybe I could because apparently this is my super power now 😅

:jawdrop:
holeeeeeeee cwap!!!

ok, doncha love it when the chill go down your spine when this stuff happens?????

I think they need to rewrite the song….Suddenly CJ…🎶🎶🎶

• Haha 2

My super powers are clearly getting stronger day by day! @QueenBigFat

Since the start of the week I've been looking for equipment and materials to make jewellery and today on ebay I started looking for some charms, so of course this one had to be one of the first that came up!

20240627_143234.thumb.png.6af0fb7636e604edce5949cfe117c4af.png

20240627_143259.thumb.png.8e07090a3d2f27975ab32828f1d13cc1.png

I wasn't even searching for anything Venus fly trap related! :lmfao: But by now this is becoming perfectly normal to encounter them!

Very temped to buy this charm btw!

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

My super powers are clearly getting stronger day by day! @QueenBigFat

Since the start of the week I've been looking for equipment and materials to make jewellery and today on ebay I started looking for some charms, so of course this one had to be one of the first that came up!

20240627_143234.thumb.png.6af0fb7636e604edce5949cfe117c4af.png

20240627_143259.thumb.png.8e07090a3d2f27975ab32828f1d13cc1.png

I wasn't even searching for anything Venus fly trap related! :lmfao: But by now this is becoming perfectly normal to encounter them!

Ok, now, this is getting ridinkulous!!  

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

CJ, it occurred to me that the next time you go to a ComicCon, or similar, you might need this..

IMG_1581.thumb.png.613a4999b62a9c3c7a95fdd51d4bde05.png

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

CJ, it occurred to me that the next time you go to a ComicCon, or similar, you might need this..

IMG_1581.thumb.png.613a4999b62a9c3c7a95fdd51d4bde05.png

ComicCon, parties, walking the dog, going down to the supermarket... Heck I'd wear this anywhere! :naughty:

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

ComicCon, parties, walking the dog, going down to the supermarket... Heck I'd wear this anywhere! :naughty:

I dare you to wear it to the supermarket.:yes:

• Haha 2

On 6/25/2024 at 8:34 AM, TinyLove_CJ said:

just had to take a picture because I couldn't quite believe it! Or maybe I could because apparently this is my super power now

Oooooooooo CJ————

omygod. Look at this. 1960!!!! Black and white!!! No music!!!!!! Who knew????????IMG_1593.thumb.jpeg.a4f00c07c2fee0f0ec1de2e54aadd4c4.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 6/25/2024 at 8:34 AM, TinyLove_CJ said:

Turn about is fair play…

Sooooooo at about 3 this morning I was trying to distract myself from world events by wandering around cable channels….landed on The Golden Girls, a comedy from the 1990’s….this is what I heard:

”I have a golf date today.”

”With a man?”

”No (sarcastically), with a venus fly trap.”

• Haha 1

On 6/11/2024 at 5:22 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

I've also forgotten whether I've brushed my teeth on occasion because I've been listening to Mika in the morning 😅

That does not only happen when one is distracted by thinking about Mika. Wait till you get older…. :doh:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Oh, my goodness.

Look what someone just brought home for me.

(Not the gorilla)

IMG_1960.thumb.jpeg.4813168b0eb6a0f8e1e3b5196bc00ad0.jpeg

you feed it hamburger with tweezers

they also make venus fly trap foodstuff….

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, QueenBigFat said:

Oh, my goodness.

Look what someone just brought home for me.

(Not the gorilla)

IMG_1960.thumb.jpeg.4813168b0eb6a0f8e1e3b5196bc00ad0.jpeg

you feed it hamburger with tweezers

they also make venus fly trap foodstuff….

You actually got one!!! :cheer: 

Have you given it a name? I name all my house plants!

And as a supplement you can feed it fish food! Either the flaky kind or pellets (but crush these up), gently tap one of the 'teeth' with the tweezers and drop the food in. Don't feed all the heads at once, just one or two of them once a week. And if it ever grows a flower on a long stem gently pull this out, most potted VFTs expend a lot of energy producing flowers and can die shortly after :(

Do I know this information because I've been researching the plant for when I get my own? Maybe... :teehee:

It's really hard to keep them alive.  Not a plant for a beginner.

EDIT:  also it's not the "teeth"  that cause the traps to close, but small trigger hairs on the pads (if memory serves, two of the hairs have to be touched to trigger closure).

41 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

You actually got one!!! :cheer: 

Have you given it a name? I name all my house plants!

And as a supplement you can feed it fish food! Either the flaky kind or pellets (but crush these up), gently tap one of the 'teeth' with the tweezers and drop the food in. Don't feed all the heads at once, just one or two of them once a week. And if it ever grows a flower on a long stem gently pull this out, most potted VFTs expend a lot of energy producing flowers and can die shortly after :(

Do I know this information because I've been researching the plant for when I get my own? Maybe... :teehee:

Holeeeeeee cwap you know a lot about feeding VFTs!!!!!!

I have never named a houseplant. I do not ordinarily own house plants. I kill house plants. Except for one, which a former cat killed by shoving it off the desk. ButI think….I think I must make an exception. Ahem. I would like to introduce you to my Venus Fly Trap,

CJ

Happy Sesame Street GIF by Muppet Wiki

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, silver said:

It's really hard to keep them alive.  Not a plant for a beginner.

EDIT:  also it's not the "teeth"  that cause the traps to close, but small trigger hairs on the pads (if memory serves, two of the hairs have to be touched to trigger closure).

Oh.

Bummer.

Been telling my Mum all about the venus fly trap "coincidences" on MFC and she has said she will keep an eye out for a plant of my own! I don't think many places near me actually sell them so a trip to a decent garden center may be in order!

OR Plan B: I get a Venus fly trap tattoo! :biggrin2:

I'm thinking it has to be Audrey II...

• Like 2