Say Something Random pt. 29 ~ Because why not

49 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

What the cluck?! 

Maybe we should start a trend where from now on all swear words are to be replaced with something chicken related!

What a pile of giblets. :naughty:

• Haha 3

One of the local ice cream vans has been upgraded. Instead of nursery rhymes or Greensleeves, we're now being treated to a plinky plonk version of The Lion Sleeps Tonight. :lmfao:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

What the cluck?! 

Maybe we should start a trend where from now on all swear words are to be replaced with something chicken related!

Oooooooo, good one!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hero said:

One of the local ice cream vans has been upgraded. Instead of nursery rhymes or Greensleeves, we're now being treated to a plinky plonk version of The Lion Sleeps Tonight. :lmfao:

Oh, for chicken’s sake. I didn’t sleep much last night and I read that as The Lion King and posted a sadface response!

• Haha 3

On 8/20/2024 at 1:53 PM, QueenBigFat said:

Oh, for chicken’s sake. I didn’t sleep much last night and I read that as The Lion King and posted a sadface response!

—-not that The Lion Sleeps Tonight is a song choice that makes me exactly smile. Do y’all know the history of the song?

33 minutes ago, QueenBigFat said:

—-not that The Lion Sleeps Tonight is a song choice that makes me exactly smile. Do y’all know the history of the song?

I don't but now I'm curious to know! Do tell!

42 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I don't but now I'm curious to know! Do tell!

It’s actually awful. The song was ripped off and the composer and his people have never gotten a cent in royalties. They have fought for decades for justice and live in poverty. (Well, until the Disney settlement, I assume)

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-55333535#

Edited by QueenBigFat

1 hour ago, QueenBigFat said:

It’s actually awful. The song was ripped off and the composer and his people have never gotten a cent in royalties. They have fought for decades for justice and live in poverty. (Well, until the Disney settlement, I assume)

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-55333535#

That is awful how the Linda family were treated! I do hope Disney had the decency to finally pay them the royalties they deserve. I got curious and found Mbube on YouTube, it's a little eerie but I like it! I'll probably have The Lion Sleeps Tonight stuck in my head though...

31 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

That is awful how the Linda family were treated! I do hope Disney had the decency to finally pay them the royalties they deserve. I got curious and found Mbube on YouTube, it's a little eerie but I like it! I'll probably have The Lion Sleeps Tonight stuck in my head though...

Of course Disney only owed them for using the song in Lion King. The original pple who appropriated it paid nothing.

Edited by QueenBigFat

:offtopic:   
As a related but tangential OT NOTE…The history of how Western colonizers (and especially Christian missionaries) have specifically silenced the music —especially the drumming—of Aboriginal tribes in the countries they have invaded is quite horrifying and enraging. And done very intentionally.

• Sad 1

Changing the subject….

guess who’s performing on the last night of the Democratic Convention, tomorrow? PINK!!!!!!

I believe it is all on youtube. Also Kamala’s acceptance speech, if anyone is interested.

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

Changing the subject….

guess who’s performing on the last night of the Democratic Convention, tomorrow? PINK!!!!!!

That's awesome news! I'll definitely be giving that a watch. Over here the news reporters are still saying Taylor Swift and Beyonce could be there too, can't deny that they're great performers but I much prefer P!nk! 

From what I gather the conference is going well. #presidentkamala was trending all day on X yesterday, let's hope that's trending again in November!

• Like 1

They said not Taylor bec then it would be all about her rather than Kamala. That makes sense. OTOH the campaign uses Quern B’s “Freedom “ as its theme, so…

8 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

That's awesome news! I'll definitely be giving that a watch. Over here the news reporters are still saying Taylor Swift and Beyonce could be there too, can't deny that they're great performers but I much prefer P!nk! 

Pink is very politically outspoken too. Did you see the 60 Minutes interview? I know we discussed ig I think.

8 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

From what I gather the conference is going well. #presidentkamala was trending all day on X yesterday, let's hope that's trending again in November!

It’s such a celebration . So much joy. Hope. Light. 

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Like 2

This. 
This is everything you need to know about these people.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/thats-my-dad-tim-walzs-son-gus-tears-up-at-dnc/2024/08/22/8c8fb111-cc4e-4309-bc43-914fc899fe46_video.html

https://www.azcentral.com/story/entertainment/media/2024/08/21/tim-walz-son-gus/74898873007/

(Tim Walz has a son with neurological challenges. They are his super power. He was the hero of the night. Get the tissues ready.

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Like 1

Well lads, what's the craic? 

My craic is that I fell outside city hall on Monday after work 🤦🏼‍♀️ bruises galore on my legs right now. Of course, because I fell on my knees, my teeth hurt. Yep, logic 🤣🤣🤣

• Sad 2

Well, no Queen B. Pink was ok. But her 12 year old kid killed it!!!  Willow. Looks like a member of the community in some way. What pipes!!!!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, QueenBigFat said:

Well, no Queen B. Pink was ok. But her 12 year old kid killed it!!!  Willow. Looks like a member of the community in some way. What pipes!!!!

I think I heard something that Willow is genderfluid... But it was quite a while ago, and I don't know how reliable the source was.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Lilla said:

I think I heard something that Willow is genderfluid... But it was quite a while ago, and I don't know how reliable the source was.

I thought that. 

• Like 1

@QueenBigFat I haven't heard The Lion Sleeps Tonight in full for quite some time, I also haven't been to one of my local supermarkets for quite some time, until today. Guess what song I heard playing there as soon as I went in? 🦁 💤 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, emilynxlan said:

OASIS REUNION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't quite believe it! Love Oasis so much, their music meant a lot to me back at uni. Tempted to get tickets for any of the Manchester dates but I'm highly likely to be in London next July so part of me isn't sure what to do 🥲 

Odds are tickets will sell out quick this weekend anyway and I have no idea what the chances are of getting good re-sale ones next year 😐

Little annoyed that none of the UK gigs will be filmed for tv but I'm hoping they do Glastonbury next year at least that gets filmed!

Random Oasis nerdy fact...

Definitely Maybe was released 29th August 1994.

Gap of 15 years...

They officially split up on 28th August 2009.

Gap of 15 years...

They announce reunion tour on 27th August 2024.

Coincidence I Think Not GIF

Maybe those dates are no accident!? 🤔

Who knows, perhaps 15 years from now they'll announce something on 26th August 2037!:lmfao:

• Like 2

Having bad luck since my husband is back from his holidays with our daughter. I took mine before him with my mother because holidays with him are hell since we don t like the same activities at all. I couldn t go and see Mika s concert :emot-sad: because he had decided the spend the whole week end with me and he threw in a huge tandrum like an insecure baby so I ended up staying home which was very sad but this is not the first nor the last time that happens [the concert was only an hour and fifteen minutes drive to where I live so when I had bought my ticket I never though the timing would be bad ] I had had a lovely time with our son [we both work] but I managed to do thing in the house and outside too like going to the beach. So now it s back to usual. And today I spilt coffee on my phone and it s dead. I have an extra one but a baby is sleeping in the room where my extra phone is so using my pc now. Thankfully I had transferred all my data into the sd card that was in the phone last night so I haven t lost any data. So I guess I m still lucky in a way. My phone was protected by a case  but a few drops must have gotten into it. I always buy cheap second hand phones but maybe I should invest in an unbreakable one :dunno:

Sorry this is turning into the whining thread :aah:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Sad 4

On 8/26/2024 at 9:16 AM, TinyLove_CJ said:

@QueenBigFat I haven't heard The Lion Sleeps Tonight in full for quite some time, I also haven't been to one of my local supermarkets for quite some time, until today. Guess what song I heard playing there as soon as I went in? 🦁 💤 

Ok, so….

first—did you have all these experiences before we started talking about them or did you catch it from me? 
second—so when it happens—like this time—what did you feel????? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

Ok, so….

first—did you have all these experiences before we started talking about them or did you catch it from me? 
second—so when it happens—like this time—what did you feel????? 

It wasn't long after we had talked about it and it always feels surreal when I've had these experiences. Maybe even feeling some kind of connection... with you perhaps?! Or the planets or maybe I'm becoming more one with the universe 😌

• Like 1