Say Something Random pt. 29 ~ Because why not

4 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

It wasn't long after we had talked about it and it always feels surreal when I've had these experiences. Maybe even feeling some kind of connection... with you perhaps?! Or the planets or maybe I'm becoming more one with the universe 😌

I really love that you share the experiences bec I can tell people about them but no one really “gets” what it feels like who hasn’t been there. I hope u can start experiencing this stuff in the company of someone tho having someone to share them with is good… if your journey is anything like mine, there will occasionally be a realllly big one—like this one. Those are amazing! Sometimes they come in bunches. Or daily for a period. Keep me posted!

• Like 2

Oaais ticket prices are varying between £78 - £500!!! 🥴  And then there's all the hotels in the cities they're playing in bumping up the prices too (one London Holiday Inn is charging £650 a night!). Think I'll give Oasis a miss and keep my hopes up for more Mika gigs next year instead! :crossed:

• Like 2

Hello, 

it has nothing to do with previous speech about concerts and Oasis, but it's really something of random, and it is my curiosity.

in Instagram stories that someone of MFC have done yesterday with the title "About me" what does it mean "STAY IN" or "GO OUT"?

I have interpreted it as if you like stay at home, or go out, so I have replied "go out", but now I had a doubt about it.

It was referring to stay in MFC?

Because in that case the reply was  "STAY HERE! :naughty: 

I'm afraid to have made a little mess! :dunno_grin:

But why  do I never understand anything at first try? :doh::facepalm:

Edited by Arianne921

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Oaais ticket prices are varying between £78 - £500!!! 🥴  And then there's all the hotels in the cities they're playing in bumping up the prices too (one London Holiday Inn is charging £650 a night!). Think I'll give Oasis a miss and keep my hopes up for more Mika gigs next year instead! :crossed:

Oh my gosh! That’s ridiculous how much they are charging! My family have been trying to even get on the waiting list and it’s completely stunning how many people there are. I always feel quite sad that not this many people want to see MIKA, however it means we’re more likely to have the chance to go to one of his concerts! If I knew it would be this much of a struggle to get tickets for MIKA concerts I don’t know what I’d do :blush:

:cloud:

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Arianne921 said:

Hello, 

it has nothing to do with previous speech about concerts and Oasis, but it's really something of random, and it is my curiosity.

in Instagram stories that someone of MFC have done yesterday with the title "About me" what does it mean "STAY IN" or "GO OUT"?

I have interpreted it as if you like stay at home, or go out, so I have replied "go out", but now I had a doubt about it.

I've not seen it, but don't worry, it sounds like you got it right. On a 'getting to know you' basis, I would assume they were asking if you preferred to stay at home or go outside. :thumb_yello:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Oasis, ptooi. Bring back Blur! :lol3:

Blur, yes! 😍

I do quite like the cheese man as I like to call him (Alex James) :naughty:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Blur, yes! 😍

I do quite like the cheese man as I like to call him (Alex James) :naughty:

So of course the cafe I'm in just played oldasis. We're going to be hearing more of them now aren't we? :lalala::overreact:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Arianne921 said:

Hello, 

5 hours ago, Hero said:

I've not seen it, but don't worry, it sounds like you got it right. On a 'getting to know you' basis, I would assume they were asking if you preferred to stay at home or go outside. :thumb_yello:

Exactly, that IG thing had nothing to do with MFC, so you understood it right,no worries!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For those of you who travel internationally for important events….

in two weeks….

Announcement from The Advocate

https://www.advocate.com/election/gender-liberation-march-dc

(Mostly gay male but generally LGBTQ advocacy magazine that's been around forever… 

A national march for LGBTQ and abortion rights…

In Washington, DC….

“Founded by the organizers of the highly successful Women’s Marches in 2016 and 2017, and Brooklyn Liberation Marches of 2020 and 2021, the Gender Liberation March seeks to unite LGBTQ+ people and women with their fellow Americans in the fight for bodily autonomy, especially with the threat of Project 2025 on the horizon.”

Edited by QueenBigFat

I'm sad, and ashamed for Germany, that in today's elections in 2 states the Nazi party won in one of them and is close 2nd in the other one. Especially in Germany you'd think it would never happen again that the fascists get any say, yet here we are. :tears:

• Sad 3

40 minutes ago, mellody said:

I'm sad, and ashamed for Germany, that in today's elections in 2 states the Nazi party won in one of them and is close 2nd in the other one. Especially in Germany you'd think it would never happen again that the fascists get any say, yet here we are. :tears:

Dear mellody,

I have been watching what is evolving there. I share your distress. These are horrifying times in so many countries around the world wrt the rise in fascism but…there…in Germany…!

As you may know we have a totalitarian regime about to possibly be elected here….even if they do not win the presidency, many of our courts have already been co-opted, and local power, state power, are creating their own Christian Nationalist areas…….

Also, bec of the mess that Netanyahu has created for Israel, the antisemitism that the right wing that had already had expanded over the past decade has exploded among the left. Yeah, so much for never again….

I have posted about this a lot here. People tell me to shut up about it bec it is not what the fc is for. Or they tell me that there are bad things happening on both sides. Like there is another side. I agree that the fc is not here for that but as has been said, the people who do nothing are in the end the people who are to blame. And even Mika took a stand about the politics in Lebanon, eventually (with his “open letter”). We must say these things out loud.

I am just scared that “eventually “ will mean too late.

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Sad 3

7 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

have posted about this a lot here. People tell me to shut up about it bec it is not what the fc is for. Or they tell me that there are bad things happening on both sides. Like there is another side. I agree that the fc is not here for that but as has been said, the people who do nothing are in the end the people who are to blame. And even Mika took a stand about the politics in Lebanon, eventually (with his “open letter”). We must say these things out loud.

I don't know if you're on social media, but that's definitely the place to speak out about these things. Especially Twitter/X, as there is so much hate on there. MFC is a friendly place and a refuge for many who want to get away from the awful daily news for a while, and I think it's also necessary to have that.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, mellody said:

I don't know if you're on social media, but that's definitely the place to speak out about these things. Especially Twitter/X, as there is so much hate on there. MFC is a friendly place and a refuge for many who want to get away from the awful daily news for a while, and I think it's also necessary to have that.

Thanks for the suggestion, I think, but not in a million years would I want to “get into it” on twitter, esp. of anywhere. i wanted to make people aware of what was going on around them and that they should care. I cannot make sense of why anyone would want to post where there is a lot of hate. I agree people need safe escapes. I was responding to your post.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, QueenBigFat said:

I cannot make sense of why anyone would want to post where there is a lot of hate.

Because the hate needs opposition. X is the only place where I do post, or at least repost, some political opinions - that's what I think of when you say we need to speak up. And I wish I dared to do more there, but life is challenging enough without getting on the radar of the haters, so I get your point. I know why it would make sense, but I also know why people (myself included) don't want to do it.

Anyway, sorry if I don't make sense, it's too early, my brain isn't really awake yet 😅 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mellody said:

Because the hate needs opposition. X is the only place where I do post, or at least repost, some political opinions - that's what I think of when you say we need to speak up. And I wish I dared to do more there, but life is challenging enough without getting on the radar of the haters, so I get your point. I know why it would make sense, but I also know why people (myself included) don't want to do it.

Anyway, sorry if I don't make sense, it's too early, my brain isn't really awake yet 😅 

You are very brave! Those swamp creatures on x have such rage and hate —AGainst women with a brain most of all. As for me, I don’t think confronting them there gets through to them much. OTOH, confronting the lies with facts is important. But boy can they get aggressive!! But I have admiration for anyone who takes them on! Thank you for your efforts. We all just need to not allow ourselves to be silenced, however we do it! And we need to support each other when we take risks.

I have been doing some reading about what works with the really entrenched right wingers—(bullies!) and it seems humor or making them feel as if they do not scare one can be effective. That’s why the vp nominee Tim Walsh was so effective here. He calls the other side “weird “ and for some reason they don’t know what to do with it! (Let me know if you ever would like me to forward any of those articles to you)

What I do these days to escape is. Watch Bluey!!

Here, this is for you. With gratitude:

:flowers2: (And….  :boxing:  )

• Like 2

10 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

What I do these days to escape is. Watch Bluey!!

I do it with Peppa Pig! But then I start analysing the episodes and discussing their contents... 

4 minutes ago, emilynxlan said:

I do it with Peppa Pig! But then I start analysing the episodes and discussing their contents... 

oh, nooo! And now it’s intellectual work! WORK!!! Mustn’t make it work!!!!   

I was reading about a new Disney film announced at the D3 event recently, the film is called 'Hoppers' and the premise revolves around a girl who can hop her consciousness into a robot beaver so she can talk to real beavers in the wild.... :lmfao:

So it's basically Avatar but on Earth and with beavers. I can only imagine that a Disney writer was drunk at the time of coming up with that idea 😅

There are so many jokes that could be made about the film's plot... :fisch: :teehee:

You can read more about it here:

https://parade.com/movies/pixar-hoppers

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I was reading about a new Disney film announced at the D3 event recently, the film is called 'Hoppers' and the premise revolves around a girl who can hop her consciousness into a robot beaver so she can talk to real beavers in the wild.... :lmfao:

So it's basically Avatar but on Earth and with beavers. I can only imagine that a Disney writer was drunk at the time of coming up with that idea 😅

There are so many jokes that could be made about the film's plot... :fisch: :teehee:

You can read more about it here:

https://parade.com/movies/pixar-hoppers

Beaver inception? That must have been a few bottles of absinthe. :lol3:

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Oh...I read the article...

Besides "Avatar" ( and maybe I'll say something stupid, now) this movie also reminds me a film with Mel Gibson from many years ago, where he got an elecric shock or something similar and, suddently, he managed to understand what the women were thinking at that moment. In that movie the people were all human beings however, and the brain remained his! :lol3:

About Disney's movie...I think the idea of making people to understand the animals point of view is not bad, but is the way that makes it, it's a bit convoluted! In my opinion is the one who had the idea who is momentarily swapped his brain with someone else! :blink::confused:

The article also says the film will only be realised in 2026. I believe it! They think about it for a while before releasing it in a cinemas! :doh::facepalm:

Maybe is cute, who can say?:dunno_grin:

12 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Why? Which are they? Nothing comes to mind! :das: :fisch::teehee:

Edited by Arianne921
  • Haha 2

Today I was thinking about a thing.

Many years ago I have started to study English, like many of us.

Now I speak English... somehow!:D

Few years later, I had to decide which language to study as a second one...I unexpectedly chose French, marveling at myself! When I came back home and I have seen my French book, I have thought...but...what did occur to me? I'll never learn it! :shocked:...

Few times later Mika have realised a whole album in French and I could understand it!

Now I speak French...somehow! :D

Not long ago, I have decided to start to study Spanish...now Mika will take part in "The Piano" spanish edition! 

We are in perfect synchrony! :biggrin2:

Yesterday, I have seen some interviews about concert in Valladolid and "The Piano" and I have understood them!

I'm improving! :cheer:

I think, if I'll continue like this, maybe I'll be able let you know in advance about next Mika's projects! :teehee: :stifle: :wags_finger: :aah: 

Edited by Arianne921
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4