I Went To Hell Last Night

mellody

It's funny, I wasn't keen on this song after first listening to it on the album, but after the majestic performance at the Paris philharmonie it clicked with me, and I've loved it ever since. Currently played daily. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hero said:

It's funny, I wasn't keen on this song after first listening to it on the album, but after the majestic performance at the Paris philharmonie it clicked with me, and I've loved it ever since. Currently played daily. 

It is one of my favorite songs. :wub2:

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

Here is the FIRST LIVE Performance.

I Went To Hell Last Night - LIVE - Paris Philharmonic Orchestra (2021)

https://philharmoniedeparis.fr/en/live/concert/1134454-mika-philharmonique

Mika Philharmonique

Orchestre national d'Île-de-France - Choeur Stella Maris - Simon Leclerc

Recorded the October 23, 2021 (Grande salle Pierre Boulez - Philharmonie)

• Like 5

On 6/18/2024 at 10:37 PM, Kumazzz said:

Here is the FIRST LIVE Performance.

I Went To Hell Last Night - LIVE - Paris Philharmonic Orchestra (2021)

https://philharmoniedeparis.fr/en/live/concert/1134454-mika-philharmonique

Mika Philharmonique

Orchestre national d'Île-de-France - Choeur Stella Maris - Simon Leclerc

Recorded the October 23, 2021 (Grande salle Pierre Boulez - Philharmonie)

If I heard well, he changes the lyrics in a few places. Is someone able to write down that line around 3:30? It's clearly not from the original version (Or... Is it? :blink:) but I'm not a native english speaker, I tried very hard but couldn't understand what he's saying. 

1 hour ago, Lilla said:

If I heard well, he changes the lyrics in a few places. Is someone able to write down that line around 3:30? It's clearly not from the original version (Or... Is it? :blink:) but I'm not a native english speaker, I tried very hard but couldn't understand what he's saying. 

“From the wood in your chair, to your long brown curly hair… there is a little bit of God in everything.”

Funny thing to note is that I believe he was pointing at @mellodyand her chair :wink2: and yes Karin, your hair looked darker in that light that evening! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

“From the wood in your chair, to your long brown curly hair… there is a little bit of God in everything.”

Funny thing to note is that I believe he was pointing at @mellodyand her chair :wink2: and yes Karin, your hair looked darker in that light that evening! 

I think he sang 'to THE long brown curly hair' and meant his own. On the first night that was filmed I think he pointed at @tiibet. On the 2nd night he sang the same lyrics and pointed at me. But iirc I was in the same chair that Nina had the night before, so in fact he just pointed at that chair and its wood. :lmfao: (while iirc it was made of metal and plastic, but that's details... :teehee:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mellody said:

I think he sang 'to THE long brown curly hair' and meant his own. On the first night that was filmed I think he pointed at @tiibet. On the 2nd night he sang the same lyrics and pointed at me. But iirc I was in the same chair that Nina had the night before, so in fact he just pointed at that chair and its wood. :lmfao: (while iirc it was made of metal and plastic, but that's details... :teehee:)

Well, between you, @tiibetand Mika: three of you have hair, with one it’s brown and curly and with one it’s long and curly.

I mean, it’s pure logic all of you were addressed! 

• Haha 1