Beware of fake Mika accounts on Social Media!

mellody

40 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Also, please remember that you should send screenshots of any conversations and links to the accounts to me so I can send along to Mika's team. They do follow up on all of these and get as many fake accounts taken down as they can.

Someone recently just reported one to me from Facebook -- the phony Mika was commenting on fans' comments on Mika's FB page, then trying to get them to chat on WhatsApp. After I sent screenshots to Mika's team, that fake account was quickly taken down, but unfortunately I see there are at least two others which have sprouted up in its place.

I guess the best thing to do is to keep reporting them, and continue spreading the word to be on guard -- that Mika and his team will not approach fans like this through social media. :dunno:

This is where we can repay Mika some , by being vigilant on his behalf.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

Also, please remember that you should send screenshots of any conversations and links to the accounts to me so I can send along to Mika's team. They do follow up on all of these and get as many fake accounts taken down as they can.

Someone recently just reported one to me from Facebook -- the phony Mika was commenting on fans' comments on Mika's FB page, then trying to get them to chat on WhatsApp. After I sent screenshots to Mika's team, that fake account was quickly taken down, but unfortunately I see there are at least two others which have sprouted up in its place.

I guess the best thing to do is to keep reporting them, and continue spreading the word to be on guard -- that Mika and his team will not approach fans like this through social media. :dunno:

So far, all the fake accounts that have contacted me or asked me friendship on FB, and all the messages I have received from hypothetical "Mika", I always published and reported them here too. Is there anything else I can do to stop these cheaters? Should I send you the screenshots in PM too? If so, and this is what you mean, I can try to find all my screenshots and send them to you, so you can report them directly to the Mika Team otherwise... I'm waiting for other instructions.

I'm available. :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

Unfortunately, as with all online scammers and frauds, it is a bit like battling the hydra - chop off one head and another one (or more) appear. The more swords and axes we have, the better!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Arianne921 said:

I'm waiting for other instructions.

First you should check if they still exist and have not been taken down already, then send a DM to @dcdeb with all the details.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, krysady said:

First you should check if they still exist and have not been taken down already, then send a DM to @dcdeb with all the details.

Thank you. I'll do it. I have to write her on Instagram, or here on the Forum with PM? Thanks again.

Edited by Arianne921
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, linzijay said:

The comment doesn't even make sense :lmfao:Why would Mika look forward to MY performance?

I read that online scammers actually include obvious errors in their outreach to screen out people with functioning brains, as they aRe not easy marks.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/11/2024 at 7:58 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Now they even use the MFC logo and they call me @crazyaboutmika  by Anne's name!!!!

I sent it to Deb.

fake account with MFC logo (1).png

:overreact:They are getting worse and worse...Florent Pagny just posted on instagram because one of his fans was totally mislead by a fake account of his and lost lots of money (they used AI to create a false video of him) 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, crazyaboutmika said:

:overreact:They are getting worse and worse...Florent Pagny just posted on instagram because one of his fans was totally mislead by a fake account of his and lost lots of money (they used AI to create a false video of him) 

That is really scary, especially since those AI videos can look very realistic. 

We can’t stop technology, but we can educate ourselves on how to remain critical and always ask twice - even if you have to ask here for confirmation of it’s real or fake. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

That is really scary, especially since those AI videos can look very realistic. 

We can’t stop technology, but we can educate ourselves on how to remain critical and always ask twice - even if you have to ask here for confirmation of it’s real or fake. 

I shared his post in my Mika group hopefully it will make some people think twice. Sadly each time I report a fake account a few fans are already friends with it :sad: 

17 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Yes, I have seen it. It looks very realistic.

Unfortunately there are fans thinking that his favourite artist really contacts them directly ☹️

• Sad 1

Blocked and reported, this is the first account I've seen that got both of the dogs' names right 😯 There is a period missing though.

IMG_4896.thumb.PNG.1d46b1afb1b22bf4753e24bfe965ee26.PNG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, linzijay said:

Blocked and reported, this is the first account I've seen that got both of the dogs' names right 😯 There is a period missing though.

IMG_4896.thumb.PNG.1d46b1afb1b22bf4753e24bfe965ee26.PNG

Ah, we've both reported that one. Good, the more the better! 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Hero said:

Ah, we've both reported that one. Good, the more the better! 

I didn't even notice it was the same one, they've all been looking so similar lately!

• Like 2

On 24/07/2024 at 16:56, QueenBigFat said:

C'est là que nous pouvons récompenser Mika en étant vigilants à son égard.

Oui, c est dommage  de ne pas pouvoir communiquer directement avec Mika, mais je comprends qu il doit se protéger. C est incroyable le nombre d arnaques, de faux  comptes que j ai pu voir depuis bientôt 4 mois où je me suis inscrite sur Facebook !! Non seulement ils disent ouvertement su ils sont Mika, mais aussi, ils hameconnent les membres des groupes. Quand je les reconnais (à  leur langage, toujours le même...."adorable fan, vous me suivez depuis quand".......etc...et...),  je les signale à  Facebook, et les supprime.  ....bisous, Francine 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, linzijay said:

I didn't even notice it was the same one, they've all been looking so similar lately!

Yes sometimes I feel like I'm reporting the same one again and again :doh:

• Like 1

Hello,

here I am again to report other probable cheaters.:mad3:

In recent days I have received these two messages on Facebook:

Screenshot_20240729_182350_Facebook.thumb.jpg.f396141186e03506ef741be65116eecd.jpg

Screenshot_20240803_164843_Facebook.thumb.jpg.a4664d2b37c33e89debbe080f000dfd6.jpg

and, once again, Mika wants to be my friend.

Now he has became " Master Mika"

Screenshot_20240812_134207_Facebook.thumb.jpg.fc1e172939784f66c0b2cfc349f7b19f.jpg

It could be an idea for a new show! 

After "Master Chef"... " Master Mika"! 

Anyway, I will report everything to Deb.

Do you think I can write to her in these days, too? I'm afraid disturbing her, after all, we are all on holiday! Otherwise, I will do it in the next weeks. Advises?

Edited by Arianne921
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Arianne921 said:

Bonjour,

me voici de nouveau pour signaler d'autres tricheurs probables.:mad3:

Ces derniers jours, j'ai reçu ces deux messages sur Facebook :

Capture d'écran_20240729_182350_Facebook.thumb.jpg.f396141186e03506ef741be65116eecd.jpg

Capture d'écran_20240803_164843_Facebook.thumb.jpg.a4664d2b37c33e89debbe080f000dfd6.jpg

et, encore une fois, Mika veut être mon ami.

Il est maintenant devenu "Maître Mika"

Capture d'écran_20240812_134207_Facebook.thumb.jpg.fc1e172939784f66c0b2cfc349f7b19f.jpg

Cela pourrait être une idée pour un nouveau spectacle ! 

Après "Master Chef"... " Maître Mika" ! 

Quoi qu'il en soit, je ferai part de tout à Deb.

Tu crois que je peux lui écrire ces jours-ci aussi ? J'ai peur de la déranger, après tout, nous sommes tous en vacances ! Sinon, je le ferai dans les prochaines semaines. Des conseils ?

Bonjour,

Effectivement,  il faudrait suggérer ce thème de spectacle à Mika, cela pourrait porter à rire, sauf que c est tellement affligeant : entre les arnaqueurs, les vrais et faux fans, faux comptes, et fans toxiques se comportant comme dans une cour de récréation de maternelle....et je sais de quoi je parle.

Je viens d envoyer un mail à mfcregister@gmail.com,  pour relater tout ce bazar, et ces idioties dont je ne veux plus faire partie.

Je resterai admiratrice de mika, que je suis depuis bientôt 20 ans, mais en dehors des réseaux sociaux. 

Bien à vous, Francine 

4 hours ago, Arianne921 said:

Hello,

here I am again to report other probable cheaters.:mad3:

In recent days I have received these two messages on Facebook:

Screenshot_20240729_182350_Facebook.thumb.jpg.f396141186e03506ef741be65116eecd.jpg

Screenshot_20240803_164843_Facebook.thumb.jpg.a4664d2b37c33e89debbe080f000dfd6.jpg

and, once again, Mika wants to be my friend.

Now he has became " Master Mika"

Screenshot_20240812_134207_Facebook.thumb.jpg.fc1e172939784f66c0b2cfc349f7b19f.jpg

It could be an idea for a new show! 

After "Master Chef"... " Master Mika"! 

Anyway, I will report everything to Deb.

Do you think I can write to her in these days, too? I'm afraid disturbing her, after all, we are all on holiday! Otherwise, I will do it in the next weeks. Advises?

Yes, you can write to me! I'm not exactly on holiday, as I am at home - it's just that my mom has been in the hospital so I've been dealing with that and haven't been online here as much as usual. But please send this to me and Mika's team will take care of it ASAP!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1