Beware of fake Mika accounts on Social Media!

mellody

13 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

For sure this person doesn't exist. It's a fake. They create accounts as Mika assistants, Mika team or just a fan posting a link to Mika's private account.

I don't even bother myself to answer to such a message.

No..me too, I didn't reply to this person. Now she has also posted some photos, shared yesterday by Mika and also posted on Instagram stories today. The page is presented as a Fanpage.

Edited by Arianne921

19 minutes ago, Arianne921 said:

Hello, 

it's not properly a fake account but yesterday I have received this:

Screenshot_20240827_160654_Instagram.thumb.jpg.f6c5f49f89279ba96c2d939331ec6011.jpg

This person introduce herself as Mika's assistant and she asked me to send a heart if I wanted to be real Mika's fan! First she has sent me this message, then she became my follower. Naturally I didn't reply to her. What seemed strange to me is not the fact that she became my follower but, rather, that a normal follower  would send me a message  like this.

Another strange thing is that this woman, in her profile, has some photos with Mika  probably at Fnac or with some members of MFC, like Mikagigs. Does anyone know this woman? What do you think about it?

For sure it's a fake. Isn't that @camille* in the picture?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Prisca said:

For sure it's a fake. Isn't that @camille* in the picture?

I hope it's not a sort of identity theft! 

I don't know if I can do it even if her account is public, but I send you a photo of her posts. So, just to make it clear.

If it can't do, just delete my message. Don't worry! :thumb_yello:

Screenshot_20240828_182115_Instagram.thumb.jpg.f266a4215920fff5b688ee18bd0f8342.jpg 

Edited by Arianne921

1 minute ago, Arianne921 said:

I hope it's not a sort of identity theft! 

I don't know if I can be done, even if her account is public, but I send you a photo of her posts. So, just to make it clear.

If it can't be done, just delete my message. Don't worry! :thumb_yello:

Screenshot_20240828_182115_Instagram.thumb.jpg.f266a4215920fff5b688ee18bd0f8342.jpg 

Yes, it's an identity theft. It's for sure Camille and other fans.

Edited by Prisca

3 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Yes, it's an identity theft. It's for sure Camille and other fans.

I don't know  much about what I could do in these cases. Can you do something? Do I have to do something? 

1 minute ago, Arianne921 said:

I don't know  much about what I could do in these cases. Can you do something? Do I have to do something? 

Anna has sent a message to Camille. I don't think you can do more. Thank you for sharing the account.

• Like 2

Stealing fan's identify is not on!!! 😡

The fake Mika accounts are bad enough but to take someone else's pictures and claim them as your own is down right wrong. This is a whole new level of low for the fakers. If anyone sees anymore like this do keep posting here to make others aware and other than reporting and blocking on social media I'm not sure what else we can do.

This is just getting beyond frustrating now! 😤

• Like 6

So for a little humor….

when I get notified of a post the notice contains the first few words of the post… so today I got this one:

IMG_1761.thumb.jpeg.8af6eb2d1e4f499c73e0d643e67034dd.jpeg

yep, this time she may have actually been telling the truth….

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

The fake Mika accounts are bad enough but to take someone else's pictures and claim them as your own is down right wrong.

Yes, but it's no different from the scummer's perspective. Doesnt matter if its a famous person or someone unknown. The scum don't care about stealing and impersonating anyone's photos, passwords, accounts, whatever - anything they can do in the pursuit of getting other peoples' money is fair game to them. And don't be fooled into thinking it's a few bots or teen hackers. It's an entire industry. There are office blocks filled with people working on scams as a full time job, to keep the chief scumbag rich. Some are victims of trafficking, held in slavery. Others walked into it voluntarily. And it's a worldwide issue - scammers are found in every country, it's not just India, Russia, China... 

There are videos on YouTube of people who have dedicated their lives to disrupting and taking down scammers. Pierogi was a major one, until his meltdown. Even organising teams for days long mass reverse baiting events to screw with the scum and gather evidence for authorities - with some minor successes.  Unfortunately the authorities are often in on it and turn a blind eye, for a price, until the public evidence becomes too embarrassing to ignore. 

All of which is to say... yes it's annoying, infuriating and absolutely s**t. But it's not going away any time soon. Report, block, be aware, and look out for others being scummed. That's pretty much all we can do at this point. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

So for a little humor….

when I get notified of a post the notice contains the first few words of the post… so today I got this one:

IMG_1761.thumb.jpeg.8af6eb2d1e4f499c73e0d643e67034dd.jpeg

yep, this time she may have actually been telling the truth….

I'll be stupid but...what does it means @QueenBigFat? I don't understand.

20 minutes ago, Arianne921 said:

I'll be stupid but...what does it means @QueenBigFat? I don't understand.

It said that Mika’s ass had sent spam. So—not his actual (adorable little) butt, but like when we want to insult someone we call them an ass. And the notice I got said the spammer called herself “ Mika’s ass” because it only used that partial segment of Mika’s assistant “ in its summary.

My joke may not have translated very well. It won’t be the first time!    :doh:

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I've sent a private message to Camille.

Thanks for letting me know :thumb_yello:

This is so annoying.. Apparently they already created a FB account with my photos to do the exact same thing last week :sneaky2:

So that means I have to make my account private now so that I don't have my content stolen ? It's a bit sad, I've never felt like I had to go private :sad:

• Sad 6

4 minutes ago, camille* said:

This is so annoying.. Apparently they already created a FB account with my photos to do the exact same thing last week :sneaky2:

So that means I have to make my account private now so that I don't have my content stolen ? It's a bit sad, I've never felt like I had to go private :sad:

Oh, camille, how hideous.  I would feel violated and angry and powerless, even tho to them all I would be is an anonymous person whose picture they could exploit. Ich.  :itsok:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, camille* said:

This is really sad! :sad:

15 minutes ago, camille* said:

I would notify fb immediately to take the fake one down 

Edited by QueenBigFat

51 minutes ago, QueenBigFat said:

It said that Mika’s ass had sent spam. So—not his actual (adorable little) butt, but like when we want to insult someone we call them an ass. And the notice I got said the spammer called herself “ Mika’s ass” because it only used that partial segment of Mika’s assistant “ in its summary.

Oh...ok I have understood now! I didn't noticed the cut of the word in your post and, for a moment, I have understood that I never said the truth when I post. This it seemed to me very very strange. Oh...I didn't understand anything! :lmao: :floor: 

I'm little tired today, I think I need to rest!  :sleep:

I really apologise to you for my totally wrong interpretation! I'm going to be ashamed of myself somewhere now! :doh::facepalm:

Thank you for the explanation! Have a good evening @QueenBigFat:thumb_yello:

Edited by Arianne921
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, QueenBigFat said:

@Prisca reminds me of your stint in the NC after the partial text in your 50 shades of blue pictures... :das::roll1:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Arianne921 said:

Oh...ok I have understood now! I didn't noticed the cut of the word in your post and, for a moment, I have understood that I never said the truth when I post. This it seemed to me very very strange. Oh...I didn't understand anything! :lmao: :floor: 

actually I am glad you asked. Because the end of the image was not clear

I'm little tired today, I think I need to rest!  :sleep:

I really apologise to you, I'm going to be ashamed of myself somewhere now! :doh::facepalm:

Apologize??? Have you seen the kind of ridiculous things I post when I am tired? Did you see where I just recently “liked” one of my own posts???!?!

You will have to work a lot harder to screw up before you are allowed to be ashamed of yourself :lol3:

Thank you for the explanation! Have a good evening @QueenBigFat:thumb_yello:

U 2!!  :cheers:

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, QueenBigFat said:

actually I am glad you asked. Because the end of the image was not clear

Apologize??? Have you seen the kind of ridiculous things I post when I am tired? Did you see where I just recently “liked” one of my own posts???!?!

You will have to work a lot harder to screw up before you are allowed to be ashamed of yourself :lol3:

U 2!!  :cheers:

Thank you for your understanding and your kindness! :sorry: 

:cheers: :hug::huglove:

• Like 2

A fake Mika tried  to contact me! Don‘t know what to do. At some point I saw you should report it. But where? 
IMG_0388.thumb.png.ee29cd72ea2fdd8eb28325ec52138aed.png