Beware of fake Mika accounts on Social Media!

mellody

11 minutes ago, Jojotje said:

A fake Mika tried  to contact me! Don‘t know what to do. At some point I saw you should report it. But where? 
IMG_0388.thumb.png.ee29cd72ea2fdd8eb28325ec52138aed.png

Thanks, I've moved your post here. In addition it'd be great if you reported it to @dcdeb with a screenshot and link to the fake profile then she can forward it to Mika's team.

• Like 4

Other fake accounts on Instagram?

Screenshot_20240901_120604_Instagram.thumb.jpg.9c24ca79bdd04de6c7553d53afb87ee6.jpg

Screenshot_20240901_120552_Instagram.thumb.jpg.fb2e542486f97748b11fc1ea395d383e.jpg

Screenshot_20240901_120902_Instagram.thumb.jpg.e815e766377f03e255b38dce5c2acdfc.jpg

What do you think about? What  should I do? Block, report or both? 

And what should I do with the fake account of Camille? Should I block it or I remove it?

Furthermore, I have another problem from the last time I have done IG Stories. I don't know how my real followers see on my account but my followers list are double! Same followers are repeated two times, and I don't know why! In these days, I have tried in every manner to solve the problem but I diidn't succed! It's annoying! I have, for example, 20 followers and they becoming 40 but they are the same 20, double! :hypo:

Why does all this happen? I have checked the settings, and I did security control. Everything is fine! :dunno:

Someone of you can help me or have a suggestions for me? How can I solve this problem? :wait:

Thanks to everyone who want to help me! :sweatdrop:

Edited by Arianne921

@Arianne921 with the fake accounts you've shared above definitely report and block them. They're clearly scammers. Camille has already reported the other account that stole her pictures but if it's still active then it won't hurt to report it again if you come across it.

As for the follower count on your IG profile it could just be a glitch with the app. Since the last update I've been having issues too, I keep getting repeated stories that I've already seen or phantom notifications of things that aren't even there. It's very annoying indeed!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

@Arianne921 with the fake accounts you've shared above definitely report and block them. They're clearly scammers. Camille has already reported the other account that stole her pictures but if it's still active then it won't hurt to report it again if you come across it.

Thank you. I'll do it @TinyLove_CJ

In particular this account is very strange.

Screenshot_20240901_120902_Instagram.thumb.jpg.6ecc60f1ea68d7e09b73c30c5623fcc4.jpg

Naturally, I don't believe this person is Mika, is clear, but this account, unlike other, has shared two Istagram Stories since yesterday: ones with the photo that Mika has used for Club Apocalypso. This is the screenshot and you can see your IG name is 

⬇️⬇️⬇️ but he's definitely not him!

Screenshot_20240901_171857_Instagram.thumb.jpg.0a0afed2f71046cca9385a20ec31b1b0.jpg

And today he has posted another story,  when you can see hands playing guitar. The music he play is a sort of flamenco so it had nothing to do with Mika at all! :lol3:

In any case seeing the name, or seeing that this person shares on Instagram Stories, someone could be fooled. 

So...pay attention...expecially very young or naive people, please attention! 

3 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

As for the follower count on your IG profile it could just be a glitch with the app. Since the last update I've been having issues too, I keep getting repeated stories that I've already seen or phantom notifications of things that aren't even there. It's very annoying indeed!

I have tried to update my app too, but I didn't solve the problem.

I hope, if it's a bug or something else that, sooner or later, it could be fixed. 

Edited by Arianne921
  • Like 2

I certainly don’t envy anyone in the public eye these days. The next thing I expect will be deepfakes of stars where they are exploited in some way…saying political or social beliefs that are not real and meet someone else’s power needs, or fake sexual images (both those things have already occurred on a smaller scale). There are all kinds of larger agendas being met. It invasive for the star and target and scary on a larger scale.

• Like 3

Hello! 

I just received this message in private on my Instagram account:

Screenshot_20240908_204830_Instagram.thumb.jpg.b279acd02e6b8067b991203990bd17b2.jpg

The message is in Italian but this woman warns me that there are many impostors with Mika fake accounts, and tell me to pay attention because Mika won't open another account to message me. Mika, she say, only has one account on Instagram, the one with the blue verified check, and another personal account on Telegram, where he chats with his fans. Then this girl continues saying " If you want to avoid futher doubts, write to him through the link below. You might be lucky, get a reply and chat with Mika!" 

But...is it a prize competition? :dunno_grin:

33 minutes ago, Arianne921 said:

But...is it a prize competition? :dunno_grin:

That is also fake and a scam.

Please send the screenshot to @dcdeb and report the account. Definitely don‘t click any links or engage any other way. Take care! :) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

That is also fake and a scam.

Please send the screenshot to @dcdeb and report the account. Definitely don‘t click any links or engage any other way. Take care! :) 

Thank you @CharlotteL and don't worry, I know that these things are almost always scams, and I didn't click anything. I only took the screenshot so I could publish it here, and then have the possibility to send it to @dcdeb.

I'm really sorry to always disturb her.

Lately, I have been having some problems with my Istagram or Facebook and I don't know why. Everything seems fine apparently, but I'm always full of these fake accounts. 

I have already reported and blocked many of them, both on Facebook and Instagram, but new ones are often popping up like the mushrooms in the woods and under the trees! I can't get rid of them! :bash:

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Arianne921 said:

Thank you @CharlotteL and don't worry, I know that these things are almost always scams, and I didn't click anything. I only took the screenshot so I could publish it here, and then have the possibility to send it to @dcdeb.

I'm really sorry to always disturb her.

Lately, I have been having some problems with my Istagram or Facebook and I don't know why. Everything seems fine apparently, but I'm always full of these fake accounts. 

I have already reported and blocked many of them, both on Facebook and Instagram, but new ones are often popping up like the mushrooms in the woods and under the trees! I can't get rid of them! :bash:

Yes there are so many :aah: 

On 9/1/2024 at 5:45 PM, Arianne921 said:

Thank you. I'll do it @TinyLove_CJ

In particular this account is very strange.

Screenshot_20240901_120902_Instagram.thumb.jpg.6ecc60f1ea68d7e09b73c30c5623fcc4.jpg

Naturally, I don't believe this person is Mika, is clear, but this account, unlike other, has shared two Istagram Stories since yesterday: ones with the photo that Mika has used for Club Apocalypso. This is the screenshot and you can see your IG name is 

⬇️⬇️⬇️ but he's definitely not him!

Screenshot_20240901_171857_Instagram.thumb.jpg.0a0afed2f71046cca9385a20ec31b1b0.jpg

And today he has posted another story,  when you can see hands playing guitar. The music he play is a sort of flamenco so it had nothing to do with Mika at all! :lol3:

In any case seeing the name, or seeing that this person shares on Instagram Stories, someone could be fooled. 

So...pay attention...expecially very young or naive people, please attention! 

I have tried to update my app too, but I didn't solve the problem.

I hope, if it's a bug or something else that, sooner or later, it could be fixed. 

Have you tried removing totally instagram (make sure you store your password before doing it) and resinstalling it? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hero said:

Small correction:

these things are always scams

Yes, I know! There are so many scams now that care must be taken to distinguish the impostors from the original accounts! :emot-sad::confused:

11 hours ago, Hero said:

Stay safe. :heart:

I'll do my best! Thank you @Hero!  :mikalove:

Edited by Arianne921
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Have you tried removing totally instagram (make sure you store your password before doing it) and resinstalling it? 

No, I haven't tried, and I think that probably I wouldn't have the courage to do it! I'm not so good with these things and, it's sure, I would make some mess. 

However, I'm really afraid to have a bug or something similar because now my followers have also multiply, but not because more are added, but because the same ones are always repeated! 

I don't know what is happening! I hope  someone hasn't "sneaked" into my accounts!. I'll have to get them checked again! :facepalm:

Otherwise, I'm just very lucky to be targeted by nuisance people! :annoyed: 

Edited by Arianne921

13 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

Wow!! You really are getting clobbered! 
:itsok:

Yes, I always have fakes Mika that 

want to become my followers. :annoyed:

At this point, I hope that, sooner or later, write to me the real one! :original:

But...I don't think I'll ever have this luck unfortunately! :rolleyes:

This situation, instead, is only becoming really tiring! :mad3:

Anyway, thank you for your support @QueenBigFat!  :huglove:

Edited by Arianne921
  • Like 1

Wow this sucks.

I am not on sm but what I would do is send a strongly worded letter to the useless staff there (IG is it?) that their website is tolerating repeated spam (probably bot) attacks directed at you. They have the ability to track down the perpetrators of these acts and disable their accounts. I would not just pass it on to Mika’s people and not do anything myself. You are obviously being stressed by this and you might find taking an action to be empowering.

Mika’s people could do the same thing if they wished because this campaign is being carried out against a number of targets  in their name. But one must stay on it if one expects the issue to be addressed I assume. Just reporting it is only the first step.

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

Wow this sucks.

I am not on sm but what I would do is send a strongly worded letter to the useless staff there (IG is it?) that their website is tolerating repeated spam (probably bot) attacks directed at you. They have the ability to track down the perpetrators of these acts and disable their accounts. I would not just pass it on to Mika’s people and not do anything myself. You are obviously being stressed by this and you might find taking an action to be empowering.

Mika’s people could do the same thing if they wished because this campaign is being carried out against a number of targets  in their name. But one must stay on it if one expects the issue to be addressed I assume. Just reporting it is only the first step.

I don't know if it can be done for no- business accounts but, In your opinion, would anything change if my account was verified? ( the ones with the blue tick so to speak) or if I change the e-mail address to which the account is linked? I don't know what to invent anymore! :dunno:

Some annoyaces ok, can happened, but it's not normal that it happened everytime I open, or use Instagram or Social Media in general!!!  :no: :confused:

• Sad 2

@Arianne921 I'm sorry sweetie :itsok:

Report then block this account to protect yourself and the other fans :thumb_yello:

This is :offtopic:but instagram blocked my account last night :crybaby:and I hope only for one day :pray: but I don't know what will happen :hair:

I had tried to get my data archives twice but it hadn"t worked :sad:

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

@Arianne921 I'm sorry sweetie :itsok:

Report then block this account to protect yourself and the other fans :thumb_yello:

This is :offtopic:but instagram blocked my account last night :crybaby:and I hope only for one day :pray: but I don't know what will happen :hair:

I had tried to get my data archives twice but it hadn"t worked :sad:

Oh. .I'm sorry! :sad:

But.. What is happening on Instagram? Do they block the regular ones and takes the fakes ones?:blink:

Edited by Arianne921