The Piano Renewed for Second Series

Kumazzz

Episode 4

London Victoria - 19 May 2024

Channel 4 https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-piano/on-demand/76068-005

***************************************************************************************

Episode 1

Manchester - 28 April 2024

On 4/29/2024 at 3:37 PM, Kumazzz said:

Episode 2

Cardiff - 5 May 2024

On 5/6/2024 at 12:58 PM, Kumazzz said:

Episode 3

Edinburgh - 12 May 2024

On 5/13/2024 at 1:29 PM, Kumazzz said:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just watched this episode (thank youuu @Kumazzz!!!!), loved the candidates! But what actually made me chuckle most was Mika saying: “Invasion of the barbarians” about a couple of kids passing by :lol3: 

It’s funny, because it’s true :lol3: (says a mum of three!) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Just watched this episode (thank youuu @Kumazzz!!!!), loved the candidates! But what actually made me chuckle most was Mika saying: “Invasion of the barbarians” about a couple of kids passing by :lol3: 

It’s funny, because it’s true :lol3: (says a mum of three!) 

A couple? That was a horde! :lmfao:

• Haha 2

So many emotions in last night's episode! Probably unpopular opinion but I didn't like Josh's performance, I actually disagree with Mika, I don't think his singing balanced well with the piano playing. I'm not saying he was bad at either, to me it just didn't seem like the right song choice. Could just be my preference though, it wasn't really to my taste 😅

Anson was phenomenal, I would have loved to see him being picked for the final. I'm actually surprised Mika and Lang Lang didn't go for at least two pianists from London, Daniel too was awesome. Michael is well deserved to be in the final though, his voice is simply ethereal!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Probably unpopular opinion but I didn't like Josh's performance, I actually disagree with Mika, I don't think his singing balanced well with the piano playing.

Yes same and I love that song! I mean I think he was pretty good but nowhere near a lot of the other talents.

I loved Daniel too, it was the only performance that made me tear up last night. I'm not sure why, I think it was just the calm and focused way they played, with closed eyes. Really intense yet soothing and beautiful.

But I think we all knew that Michael was gonna be picked as soon as he started right, that was absolutely phenomenal and so unique.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Probably unpopular opinion but I didn't like Josh's performance, I actually disagree with Mika, I don't think his singing balanced well with the piano playing. I'm not saying he was bad at either, to me it just didn't seem like the right song choice. Could just be my preference though, it wasn't really to my taste 😅

I agree with you, it wasn’t my taste either. I wonder if he would’ve come on The Voice Mika would’ve turned around for him: but the point is that it’s not a talent show, and Mika’s role in this show is not that of a potential coach but of a supporting professional. Like sports commentary almost, but putting everything in a very positive light. And I love that there is a show like this now in this format! 

• Like 1

I appreciated the artistry of Michael's playing and singing, but Daniel was the performer of the night for me.

• Like 4

Only just caught up with this episode loved Daniel as well for me Michael just edged it. I loved he what he did was just that little bit different I found him captivating. 

• Like 3

National Television Awards

THE NTA VOTE IS OPEN!

Simply read through the list of contenders and tick ONE in each of the 15 categories to select who you think should win.

https://www.nationaltvawards.com/

The 2024 National Television Awards are fast approaching, and now the longlist has been unveiled.
The first round of voting has begun. 

MIKA is one of 45 nominees of EXPERT category! 

Vote from here :kachinga:
https://www.nationaltvawards.com/vote/category/expert

The Piano is one of 18 nominees of TALENT SHOW category! 

https://www.nationaltvawards.com/vote/category/talent-show

All votes must be in by 11pm on 31st May 2024.

The shortlist will be revealed in August ahead of the final round of voting, and winners will be announced at the ceremony on ITV1 on 11th September 2024.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, NaoMika said:

National Television Awards

THE NTA VOTE IS OPEN!

Simply read through the list of contenders and tick ONE in each of the 15 categories to select who you think should win.

https://www.nationaltvawards.com/

The 2024 National Television Awards are fast approaching, and now the longlist has been unveiled.
The first round of voting has begun. 

MIKA is one of 45 nominees of EXPERT category! 

https://www.nationaltvawards.com/vote/category/expert

The Piano is one of 18 nominees of TALENT SHOW category! 

https://www.nationaltvawards.com/vote/category/talent-show

All votes must be in by 11pm on 31st May 2024.

The shortlist will be revealed in August ahead of the final round of voting, and winners will be announced at the ceremony on ITV1 on 11th September 2024.

People in the UK, Channel islands, Isle of Man and Eire can vote for this - votes from elsewhere will be discounted.

I've voted :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

TV Times
25 May 2024
TV_Times_25_05_2024.jpg.13b60abe126289817fc9177bc3962883.jpg

page 44

The Piano
REALITY
9PM, C4
There’s one more spot to be filled at the final concert, and as they head to Liverpool Lime Street Station to check out the talent, Mika reminds Lang Lang that this is very much a ‘music city’.
They hear a huge variety of styles once the pianists arrive, including a gospel standard, Billy Joel’s Piano Man and a nocturne by Clara Schumann. Against these, as ever, the original pieces hold their own, because they have such meaning for the player.
‘It’s not about how fancy you play,’ says Mika. ‘At the end of the day, it’s just about whether you communicate emotion.’
With that in mind, who will be joining them in Manchester? ★★★★ JP

Claudia Winkleman meets Temi in Liverpool

TV_Times_25_05_2024-p_44.thumb.jpg.c0560591d9cc05f9fb5f3c8432765738.jpg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, SusanT said:

I read somewhere that there are supposed to be 7 episodes in Season 2 of The Piano.  Maybe a Christmas special is the 7th show?

Maybe they will show some pianists not taken to finals but which Mika and Lang Lang liked a lot and they will show them all in the 6th episode?

26 minutes ago, SusanT said:

I read somewhere that there are supposed to be 7 episodes in Season 2 of The Piano.  Maybe a Christmas special is the 7th show?

All 7 episodes will be shown within series 2, but I'm still hoping for a separate Christmas special again this year too! :crossed:

19 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Maybe they will show some pianists not taken to finals but which Mika and Lang Lang liked a lot and they will show them all in the 6th episode?

Spoiler

This is highly likely, plus showing some mentoring from Mika and Lang Lang. Also, remember Alice? 👀 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

All 7 episodes will be shown within series 2, but I'm still hoping for a separate Christmas special again this year too! :crossed:

Reveal hidden contents

This is highly likely, plus showing some mentoring from Mika and Lang Lang. Also, remember Alice? 👀 

Absolutley.

Spoiler

I loved Alice's voice and I think she should perform on stage.

And today she liked my comment on Twitter.

Actually she is a musician. She writes songs and you can find some of her videos on YouTube (Alice Faye).

No wonder. For me she has a very well trained voice. She should sing in musicals. Or maybe she does?

She played in Sofar projet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Reveal hidden contents

A dilemma: Do I read the hidden answer or not??? :unsure:

• Haha 4

Finally caught up on last week's episode. 

On 5/20/2024 at 2:27 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

Anson was phenomenal, I would have loved to see him being picked for the final.

this. I think he'd have been my #1 choice, but ofc I get why they picked Michael - especially why Mika did. His singing sounds much like that of young Mika, and obviously the made up language is something Mika can relate to, as he did it himself for his soundtrack. :lol3: To me it sounded a lot like church chorals, which is a kind of music I wouldn't listen to voluntarily. Objectively of course Michael was fantastic, but to ME it didn't get much emotion across. Anson did, and also Daniel and Josh. Josh might not have the best singing voice, but I agree with Mika, it fit, and I felt his performance. ❤️

• Like 1

I love that Brad won this episode, totally agree with that decision. :wub2: The boy who played first (Sammy I think?) was amazing, I thought he'd win - but then Brad came and I was sure they'd pick him. Because of his amazing composition, maybe also because of his back story, but also I think because of his personality, because he's not afraid of showing his emotions. Sammy will surely get other chances, his piano playing is fantastic and his voice has such a depth to it, it reminded me of young Michael Jackson. But for Brad, he really needed a chance like that, and I think / hope this will help him to believe more in himself.

Also love what Mika said after the performance of that woman who did the powerful rap (forgot her name), that it's not the perfection that matters but the emotion. I think that's not easy, because most singers would worry about singing in tune... but it's true. Tho it wasn't her singing that caught me but the rap, which wasn't imperfect at all.

• Like 3

Can Mika and Lang Lang collaborate on a Music for Dogs album please? I think my dog would appreciate that! :lol3:

I really loved Sami, his composition of doing both Chopin and singing Over the Rainbow was amazing! It worked so well. He could really go far in a music career if he keeps it up!

12 minutes ago, mellody said:

Also love what Mika said after the performance of that woman who did the powerful rap (forgot her name), that it's not the perfection that matters but the emotion. I think that's not easy, because most singers would worry about singing in tune... but it's true. Tho it wasn't her singing that caught me but the rap, which wasn't imperfect at all.

That was Sophie. I really liked her performance, it was the one that got me quite emotional tonight. I agree with Mika when he said it was all raw emotion, because it was! It doesn't matter that it wasn't perfect, she put her reasoning for the love of the piano into her performance and that's what really shined through!

Brad was well deserved to be chosen for the final, his performance was full of heart! ❤ 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/24/2024 at 1:53 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

Hide contents

plus showing some mentoring from Mika and Lang Lang

Looks like I was right! :biggrin2:

• Like 2