Have you met/spent time with Mika? AKA The Really Really Really Lucky Person's Thread

QueenBigFat

On 7/25/2024 at 9:27 AM, crazyaboutmika said:

Yes I am :thumb_yello: :chkn:

Aha! 
I want to tell you…

when I was reading the replies to my introduction in the introduction of self forum, I saw your sig line (as I was new to MFC—and in fact had not read any forums like it—sig lines like the ones here were a lot to absorb!). It stopped me in my tracks! As I had never seen anything like it, and Mikaworld was new to me, I had NO idea what the heck it could possibly mean. So I hounded you for a while asking what it meant. When you answered, the story was even better than what I had imagined. so! Now you know!! :cheers:

• Like 1

On 7/24/2024 at 4:52 PM, QueenBigFat said:

Oh! WAit!! Are you “Mika touched my chicken”??!

On 7/25/2024 at 3:27 PM, crazyaboutmika said:

Yes I am :thumb_yello: :chkn:

Sorry, I've been wanting to ask this for a while...I'm fairly new here, feel free to laught and make fun of me if you want, but I always hear this history about "the chicken and... Mika touched my chicken..." . But what does that means exactly? :confused:

Ok, you are authorized now, you can laugh at me! :lmfao:

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Arianne921 said:

Sorry, I've been wanting to ask this for a while...I'm fairly new here, feel free to laught and make fun of me if you want, but I always hear this history about "the chicken and... Mika touched my chicken..." . But what does that means exactly? :confused:

Oh, my friend, nobody ever laughs at a question on this site! (I laugh at myself a lot but I deserve it :doh: ).

And it’s great when people ask questions. Especially new folks.

I'm going to give a shout to @crazyaboutmika here to answer yours because it's her (wonderful) story to tell…

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Arianne921 said:

The story about Mika and chicken it's from long time ago, in 2007, and it's different from Anne's one. You can read the whole story here: https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/10490-mikas-fancy-chicken-mfc/?do=findComment&comment=332980  

Over the years, he said many times he is tired of hearing again and again this joke, and that people should stop doing it :rolleyes:

And here's the video they talk about in the story:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, krysady said:

Over the years, he said many times he is tired of hearing again and again this joke, and that people should stop doing it :rolleyes:

No problem. I'm vegetarian. :lmfao:

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Actually, @Arianne921

the origin of my post (today’s chicken story) was not Mika’s chicken story, per se. it is @crazyaboutmika’s sig line, Mika touched my chicken. Which is what made me laugh. Because it is a very funny image and I was new here, and that made it even more interesting and bizarre. So I hope you get to read about that part of the story. 

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, krysady said:

The story about Mika and chicken it's from long time ago, in 2007, and it's different from Anne's one. You can read the whole story here: https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/10490-mikas-fancy-chicken-mfc/?do=findComment&comment=332980  

And here's the video they talk about in the story:

Ok, thank you. Now I know the first version of the story but, since I understand, there is a second version too. 

1 hour ago, QueenBigFat said:

Actually, @Arianne921

the origin of today’s chicken story was not Mika’s chicken story, per se. it is @crazyaboutmika’s sig line, Mika touched my chicken. Which is what made me laugh. Because it is a very funny image and I was new here, and that made it even more interesting and bizarre. So I hope you get to read about that part of the story. 

Now I'll wait the version of @crazyaboutmika.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone. :pinkbow::)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, QueenBigFat said:

Actually, @Arianne921

the origin of today’s chicken story was not Mika’s chicken story, per se. it is @crazyaboutmika’s sig line, Mika touched my chicken. Which is what made me laugh. Because it is a very funny image and I was new here, and that made it even more interesting and bizarre. So I hope you get to read about that part of the story. 

Sure, that's why I said that Anne's story it's different. I was just trying to help @Arianne921 to find out the origin of this inside joke, usually all the stories about "chicken" are based on this one :wink2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, krysady said:

Sure, that's why I said that Anne's story it's different. I was just trying to help @Arianne921 to find out the origin of this inside joke, usually all the stories about "chicken" are based on this one :wink2:

Gotcha.

But you wanna know what’s funny? I don’t even remember the original story. For me, the funny part is the image of someone “chasing” (stalking? Following? Hoping?) Mika to touch their chicken. I mean, what a line to read when one is new here and knows nothing about no one!:bleh:

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, QueenBigFat said:

For me, the funny part is the image of someone “chasing” (stalking? Following? Hoping?) Mika to touch their chicken.

Now I'm trying to imagine how funny must have been for him :aah:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, krysady said:

Now I'm trying to imagine how funny must have been for him :aah:

Yes! And also when he or his spies saw that line. 
I actually hope we make him laugh a lot here. It’s such a gift.

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/27/2024 at 8:06 PM, Arianne921 said:

Ok, thank you. Now I know the first version of the story but, since I understand, there is a second version too. 

Now I'll wait the version of @crazyaboutmika.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone. :pinkbow::)

Back to the beginings: Since MFC is open to all ages some older fans needed a code word for things some fans were too young for :mf_boff:

:chkn:was chosen as the code word.

(Mika read MFC back then so he is totally aware of what :chkn: means here :das:

A British fan tried to make him say :chkn: all the time after/before his concerts and film him but he always said it off cam. She ended up getting him to say "no :chkn: tonight" and the video is on youtube "no chicken tonight mrs penniman".

I found all this very funny so when one day I found dancing/singing/clucking chicken toys I bought them with the idea to show/give one to Mika and make him laugh because they were hilarious. I took the chicken to all the concerts I was able to go to hoping my chicken and myself would meet Mika. Which finally happened in 2013. I was at la nuit de l'erdre festival and not too far from Mika in the public. I waved my chicken all the time. It was dancing to the songs. Someone else was waving a big fur flower too. After the gig I followed some fans and waited for Mika to come out and he did :wub2:

i turned my chicken on which made it dance, sing and cluck and that was how we both got Mika's attention. He was in a fit of laughter and he asked what "this" was. He said he had seen me wave it during the gig and I replied "It's my chicken" At that point he took my chicken in his hand and shook it like I had during the gig. Then he gave it back to me like he was afraid and said "I don't want it" and he looked very much afraid :lmfao:and he said he didn't know what to do with it :lmfao:Every single fan around was totally cracked up and Mika too. He told me to keep it as a mascote. So I told him I would bring the chicken to all the gigs I wouls go to. I had bought three so I decided next time I'd get a chance I'd bring two chicken with me to make Mika laugh twice as much. So after that I took two chicken with me. In 2019 after the voice I managed to show him my two chicken and told him they were in love. He remembered me and my chicken and he laughed twice as much. Then I asked him very politely if I could hug him. And he replied "The chicken will be jealous" still cracked up. And I hugged him and he hugged me back :mikalove: :cloud: 

The sad thing is that I had brought my chicken to le barcares for les dèferlantes this summer and that I lost them :crybaby: I bought two new ones online in time for Carcassonne. A big one that does the same things but looks different and a small one which repeats everything. They made Mika's bananas laugh a lot while we were waiting fot Mika to come out but once he did i didn't get a chance to show him my new chicken. (I was too far but you can hear them clucking in the video) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Back to the beginings: Since MFC is open to all ages some older fans needed a code word for things some fans were too young for :mf_boff:

:chkn:was chosen as the code word.

(Mika read MFC back then so he is totally aware of what :chkn: means here :das:

A British fan tried to make him say :chkn: all the time after/before his concerts and film him but he always said it off cam. She ended up getting him to say "no :chkn: tonight" and the video is on youtube "no chicken tonight mrs penniman".

I found all this very funny so when one day I found dancing/singing/clucking chicken toys I bought them with the idea to show/give one to Mika and make him laugh because they were hilarious. I took the chicken to all the concerts I was able to go to hoping my chicken and myself would meet Mika. Which finally happened in 2013. I was at la nuit de l'erdre festival and not too far from Mika in the public. I waved my chicken all the time. It was dancing to the songs. Someone else was waving a big fur flower too. After the gig I followed some fans and waited for Mika to come out and he did :wub2:

i turned my chicken on which made it dance, sing and cluck and that was how we both got Mika's attention. He was in a fit of laughter and he asked what "this" was. He said he had seen me wave it during the gig and I replied "It's my chicken" At that point he took my chicken in his hand and shook it like I had during the gig. Then he gave it back to me like he was afraid and said "I don't want it" and he looked very much afraid :lmfao:and he said he didn't know what to do with it :lmfao:Every single fan around was totally cracked up and Mika too. He told me to keep it as a mascote. So I told him I would bring the chicken to all the gigs I wouls go to. I had bought three so I decided next time I'd get a chance I'd bring two chicken with me to make Mika laugh twice as much. So after that I took two chicken with me. In 2019 after the voice I managed to show him my two chicken and told him they were in love. He remembered me and my chicken and he laughed twice as much. Then I asked him very politely if I could hug him. And he replied "The chicken will be jealous" still cracked up. And I hugged him and he hugged me back :mikalove: :cloud: 

The sad thing is that I had brought my chicken to le barcares for les dèferlantes this summer and that I lost them :crybaby: I bought two new ones online in time for Carcassonne. A big one that does the same things but looks different and a small one which repeats everything. They made Mika's bananas laugh a lot while we were waiting fot Mika to come out but once he did i didn't get a chance to show him my new chicken. (I was too far but you can hear them clucking in the video) 

Thank you for telling me your story.

Now I can finally understand! :lmfao:

Edited by Arianne921

9 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Then I asked him very politely if I could hug him. And he replied "The chicken will be jealous" still cracked up. And I hugged him and he hugged me back :mikalove: :cloud: 

Wait a minute! I only realized now!

You hugged Mika and Mika hugged you? 

Oh...Me too, I hope one day to be able to hug him! :fangurl::wub2:

If that happened I think my reaction would be something like...:swoon:

Edited by Arianne921
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ohno, @crazyaboutmika, you lost your chicken???!?

I love the story, but I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the line, “Mika touched my chicken.” Because of its sheer absurdity. 
Along that line, one night, after I first read your explanation, I walked into the bedroom to find this fellow,  leaning up against the dresser…..

IMG_2055.thumb.jpeg.4f7c6f96725f6133f0d2f7067bcf79d4.jpeg

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

Ohno, @crazyaboutmika, you lost your chicken???!?

I love the story, but I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the line, “Mika touched my chicken.” Because of its sheer absurdity. 
Along that line, one night, after I first read your explanation, I walked into the bedroom to find this fellow,  leaning up against the dresser…..

IMG_2055.thumb.jpeg.4f7c6f96725f6133f0d2f7067bcf79d4.jpeg

:lmfao:

I plan to ask him to touch my new :chkn: :das:

And I phone weekly to enquire about my first ones....you never know....

• Like 2