2024 - Mika @ Kew The Music Festival, Kew Gardens, Richmond, UK, 9 July

mellody

On 11/3/2023 at 3:06 PM, silver said:

You are allowed folding chairs in the picnic areas - could someone carry a chair for you?

Folding chairs are not very good for me unfortunately, can be unstable.

Hello MFC,

It looks like that if you get a reserved enclosure ticket and look to the map, you can go next to the stage to the dancing area.

Do you think I am getting it right ? thanks

Edited by Sweetieval

5 minutes ago, Sweetieval said:

Hello MFC,

It looks like that if you get a reserved enclosure ticket and look to the map, you can go next to the stage to the dancing area.

Do you think I am getting it right ? thanks

Yes, the website states that the reserved area has its own bar and direct acces to the dance area. :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, TalkaboutU said:

Do we know wether this will be a full length gig?

I think it probably will be - it's not a festival appearance

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It’s getting closer and closer🤩☺️❤️🌸🌺🌷🌼🪷🪻🌳☀️

What type of tickets does everyone have?

I have General Admission but now have looked through this thread and some people have mentioned “reserved enclosure”. Panicking now I’ll be too far from the stage (again😨)

4 minutes ago, Kasia Mousa said:

It’s getting closer and closer🤩☺️❤️🌸🌺🌷🌼🪷🪻🌳☀️

What type of tickets does everyone have?

I have General Admission but now have looked through this thread and some people have mentioned “reserved enclosure”. Panicking now I’ll be too far from the stage (again😨)

Ufff, panic over, I’ve checked the map😂 General admission will be just fine🤪 I don’t really see myself taking a blanket and having a picnic DURING Mika performance😂🙈

• Haha 1

Tbh, I’d be quite relieved if there was no extensive queuing for once, but how do we go about this? I’m not necessarily keen on getting to the barrier but would like to not be in the far back. If we all arrive at 4 PM sharp, it‘s gonna be impossible to tell who was there first. Do you guys plan on queuing some place else? Or can we all agree on not doing it? 😅🙏🏻 (Even though non MFCer or those who don‘t check this thread are in the unknown…)

IMG_8180.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Mubbin Sarina said:

Mine have arrived via mail! There’s a download link for PDF files :)

My friend just said hers have. I've emailed see, so hopefully will get a response tomorrow.

• Like 1

Weather forecast for the gig. Some rain expected. :sneaky2: Hopefully it'll only be for a couple of hours during the day though. 🤞

Screenshot_20240705_121825_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0856789494624bdc479ede82c4d69055.jpg

Screenshot_20240705_121855_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fe677f73e58b5444da4c1d19e5954a1c.jpg

• Thanks 2

From the Gigantic email, expected timings:

Event Timings 

PLEASE NOTE, ALL TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Tuesday 9th July

MIKA

SAMMY RAE & THE FRIENDS

ESSENCE MARTINS

Gates (for security checks) 17:00

Arena opens – 18:00

Essence Martins – 18:45
Sammy Rae & The Friends – 19:35
MIKA – 20:45

Music curfew – 22:30

• Like 2

@Mubbin Sarina I am also wondering what to do about this no queuing policy, how does one not queue in the UK ??? I was planning to get there the night before and have myself a van night before queuing from the morning but I might just drive up and back on the day ??? Curfew at 10.30 seems quite early too I wonder if they'll be as strict as Bristol was 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2024 at 7:08 PM, frenchfan84 said:

@Mubbin Sarina I am also wondering what to do about this no queuing policy, how does one not queue in the UK ??? I was planning to get there the night before and have myself a van night before queuing from the morning but I might just drive up and back on the day ??? Curfew at 10.30 seems quite early too I wonder if they'll be as strict as Bristol was 

Yeah, I remember the curfew in Bristol preventing them from jamming to the YoYo remix 😭 But yeah, essentially, my friend and I decided to not go there in the nightly morning as planned and just get there in the morning to check what’s going on to then come back at 4 PM as they require. Or shall we agree on an alternative queuing spot? Whoever opens the queue would need to manage us getting in order at 4 PM at the gate though…

Hey all,

My names Leanne! I've flown in from Dublin to see Mika this Tuesday in Kew Gardens.

Just wondering is there any meet ups prior to the event? ☺️

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leanne5 said:

Hey all,

My names Leanne! I've flown in from Dublin to see Mika this Tuesday in Kew Gardens.

Just wondering is there any meet ups prior to the event? ☺️

Hi Leanne and welcome to the MFC :bye:  I've not heard of any planned meet-ups but I'm sure there will be fans around on Monday (I expect quite a few are at Warwick Castle tonight).

• Like 1

On 7/5/2024 at 9:02 AM, Hero said:

From the Gigantic email, expected timings:

Event Timings 

PLEASE NOTE, ALL TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Tuesday 9th July

MIKA

SAMMY RAE & THE FRIENDS

ESSENCE MARTINS

Gates (for security checks) 17:00

Arena opens – 18:00

Essence Martins – 18:45
Sammy Rae & The Friends – 19:35
MIKA – 20:45

Music curfew – 22:30

Just wanted to mention that the opening act -- Sammy Rae and the Friends -- have a unique tie to Mika and MFC.

Sammy Rae actually was an active member here 10+ years ago when she was just a young teenager.
@pianogirlsammy

I've followed her for a while and love her music -- it's been amazing to watch her and her band grow, often playing in the same venues I've seen Mika in before! Anyhow, I think it's quite circular that she's opening for him at Kew! If you get a chance to speak to her, tell her MFC says HI! :)

• Like 12

On 7/5/2024 at 7:08 PM, frenchfan84 said:

23 hours ago, Mubbin Sarina said:

Yeah, I remember the curfew in Bristol preventing them from jamming to the YoYo remix 😭 But yeah, essentially, my friend and I decided to not go there in the nightly morning as planned and just get there in the morning to check what’s going on to then come back at 4 PM as they require. Or shall we agree on an alternative queuing spot? Whoever opens the queue would need to manage us getting in order at 4 PM at the gate though…

I would expect the curfew to be upheld. Same happened in Warwick last night, 10am curfew, he was a couple of minutes over then after applause he left the stage at 10.05pm with no exit song. 

• Like 1