2024 - Mika @ Lucca Summer Festival, Lucca, ITALY, 19 July

mellody

I bought a ticket for this, because I'd really love to see Mika in Italy again and this looks like a beautiful place (and so close to Pisa and Florence, love these cities! :wub2:) and seems to be the only Italian date next summer. I hope they change their mind about this and add more dates, I LOVE those Italian summer festivals! At least the ones further north / closer by the sea - Perugia was a bit too hot for my liking, lol!

Anyway I'm not 100% sure yet, because I'd also love to go to Carcassonne and Warwick (and if I go to Warwick, also Kew Gardens, so it's worth flying over to the UK) - and that's all in July, so I have to decide which ones to go to and which ones to skip - my husband wouldn't agree with me doing them all. 🙈 Luxury problems, but well... I think this one's top of my list of the July dates we have so far, so it's likely I'll be there. :) 

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

I thought about something with flowers for Lucca as the seated places are in front of the stage.

Maybe it's not a fan action but we could make small paper flowers - a bit like in Bristol but smaller. 

I had some spare tissue paper and I made one flower for me thinking to attach it to my outfit in Athens. But it would be too complicated.

But small flowers in the beautiful venue in Lucca would look nice. No mentioning the reference to Mika's new piano"vomiting" tiny flowers 💮🌸🪷🌷🌺🥀

We could wear them in our hair, as a bracelet or attached to a dress or a shirt.

IMG_20240629_185333449.jpg

• Like 1

Looking at the weather forecast, it looks like we won't get such a cold surprise like in Orange and I can make plans for wearing a summer dress. :lol3:

@Anna Ko Kolkowska I think a flower like that would fit well to my dress, so if you have a spare one I'll be happy to use it. :original:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mellody said:

Looking at the weather forecast, it looks like we won't get such a cold surprise like in Orange and I can make plans for wearing a summer dress. :lol3:

@Anna Ko Kolkowska I think a flower like that would fit well to my dress, so if you have a spare one I'll be happy to use it. :original:

Yes, I've checked the weather as well. 38 degrees!!!

It will be like last year Italian tour when we were dying from the heat.

I will prepare some flowers to take with me.

I couldn't find only pink package of the silk paper. Only multicolor rolls so I will bring flowers in different colors. It should fit to our outfits :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mellody said:

I wonder if they have inside info to claim that he'll present songs (plural!) of his album QTTFT, or if they just assume it, as you would. 😅 In any case, I hope they're right. :crossed:

I hope to hear at least C'est la vie and Jane Birkin.

30 seconds would be a dream came true.

• Like 2

Today RAI's Tgunomattina showed a clip from the Jane Birkin video and the interviewer asked Mika about his French album, so my guess is that we'll hear at least that song at the Lucca gig. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Here is @SusanT pensioned the interview.

Rai 1

TG1 Mattina ESTATE

https://www.raiplay.it/video/2024/07/Mika---TgUnoMattina-Estate---08072024-80d6de60-856d-425b-bbec-866ff5e637f2.html?wt_mc=2.www.cpy.raiplay_vid_TgunomattinaEstate.

2 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Unfortunately YouTube blocked the video all over the world, I can't get the auto-subtitles. :emot-sad:

If you are arriving in Tuscany (or another Italian region) on Thursday, July 18, for Mika's July 19 gig, you might find delays or cancellation of public  bus services in or between cities from 6 pm to 10 pm. I don't think trains are affected.

https://www.lanazione.it/cronaca/sciopero-18-luglio-g95umtgz?live

Strike on Thursday 18th July, buses in Tuscany will stop from 6pm to 10pm

For the Florence tram, possible disruptions from 9.30 to 13.30

Florence, July 11, 2024 – Possible disruptions on Thursday, July 18 for those traveling by public transport. Filt Cgil, Fit Cisl, Uil Trasporti, Faisa Cisal and Ugl Fna have called a four-hour national strike in support of the renewal of the national contract and to ask for improvements in regulatory and salary working conditions. Here, in detail, are who is stopping and when.

Tuscan Bus Lines

Throughout the region, the Autolinee Toscane service is not guaranteed in the time slot from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. The buses could therefore suffer delays or cancellations of trips in the urban and extra-urban service. Office workers and workers will also stop at the company , in the last four hours of the work shift. The percentage of adhesion to the previous four-hour strike proclaimed by the same unions on January 14, 2022, Autolinee recalls, was 39.79% .

For information, passengers can consult the website www.at-bus.it , or call the toll-free number of Autolinee Toscane: 800-142424, arrival from Monday to Sunday from 6 to 24.

(I've omitted the part about the Florence tram)

Edited by SusanT
  • Thanks 3

20 hours ago, SusanT said:

If you are arriving in Tuscany (or another Italian region) on Thursday, July 18, for Mika's July 19 gig, you might find delays or cancellation of public  bus services in or between cities from 6 pm to 10 pm. I don't think trains are affected.

https://www.lanazione.it/cronaca/sciopero-18-luglio-g95umtgz?live

Strike on Thursday 18th July, buses in Tuscany will stop from 6pm to 10pm

For the Florence tram, possible disruptions from 9.30 to 13.30

Florence, July 11, 2024 – Possible disruptions on Thursday, July 18 for those traveling by public transport. Filt Cgil, Fit Cisl, Uil Trasporti, Faisa Cisal and Ugl Fna have called a four-hour national strike in support of the renewal of the national contract and to ask for improvements in regulatory and salary working conditions. Here, in detail, are who is stopping and when.

Tuscan Bus Lines

Throughout the region, the Autolinee Toscane service is not guaranteed in the time slot from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. The buses could therefore suffer delays or cancellations of trips in the urban and extra-urban service. Office workers and workers will also stop at the company , in the last four hours of the work shift. The percentage of adhesion to the previous four-hour strike proclaimed by the same unions on January 14, 2022, Autolinee recalls, was 39.79% .

For information, passengers can consult the website www.at-bus.it , or call the toll-free number of Autolinee Toscane: 800-142424, arrival from Monday to Sunday from 6 to 24.

(I've omitted the part about the Florence tram)

Thanks. I think/hope that Flixbus is not affected by this. I'll be arriving by Flixbus from Bologna after midnight on Thursday (well, technically Friday already...) - so even if it includes Flixbus, maybe because there's no service at the bus stations, it should be fine if it's only until 10pm (iirc the bus leaves in Bologna around 9pm).

Hello to everyone,

Pay attention for what concern this strike because the 18th of july is very difficult, or practically impossible  to travel. The strike regarding the bus (answering to @mellody..

the strike in Bologna for bus is from 11:00 a.m to 15:00 p.m so I think Flixbus shoyld be there if you leave at 9:00 p.m of 18 th july but, if you want, I can inquire further) but anyway ...to everyone...attention because if someone has to travel by train the 18th of july to be already there, there is also a strike which concerns trains specifically in the Emilia Romagna ( also in Bologna)  and Tuscan Region  which goes from 10 pm on 17th july to 10 p.m on 18th july. 

Believe me! Unfortunately I know this very well! :sweatdrop: 

I had a terrible day yesterday because of this! 

@mellody ...if you need some help for Bologna, let me know something, I will be happy to help you.

Edited by Arianne921
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Arianne921 said:

Hello to everyone,

Pay attention for what concern this strike because the 18th of july is very difficult, or practically impossible  to travel. The strike regarding the bus (answering to @mellody..

the strike in Bologna for bus is from 11:00 a.m to 15:00 p.m so I think Flixbus shoyld be there if you leave at 9:00 p.m of 18 th july but, if you want, I can inquire further) but anyway ...to everyone...attention because if someone has to travel by train the 18th of july to be already there, there is also a strike which concerns trains specifically in the Emilia Romagna ( also in Bologna)  and Tuscan Region  which goes from 10 pm on 17th july to 10 p.m on 18th july. 

Believe me! Unfortunately I know this very well! :sweatdrop: 

I had a terrible day yesterday because of this! 

@mellody ...if you need some help for Bologna, let me know something, I will be happy to help you.

Hmm, I'll come by train to Bologna... it's an international train, so I hope it'll be fine. Is the strike only for trains (those who drive the trains) or also for the train service, like the stations or the track switches?

I contacted the agency of my B&B in Lucca.

What they know from the press is that the strike concerns only buses in Tuscany and only for 4 hours from 8:30am to 12:30am.

I was asking for the 18th of July when I am arriving to Pisa.

This is what I found

image.thumb.png.4e40a324fac47b78f950c24b6ce13219.png

https://www.navigazionelaghi.it/en/notices/#avviso_223610

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, mellody said:

Hmm, I'll come by train to Bologna... it's an international train, so I hope it'll be fine. Is the strike only for trains (those who drive the trains) or also for the train service, like the stations or the track switches?

The strike both in Emilia Romagna and Tuscany concern the maintenance, infrastructure and railway service sector. In Emilia Romagna the strike is from 9:00am to 5pm which will have, so the article says, an impact on various railways services in Emilia Romagna.

The 24 hours strike from 17th July to 18th July (from 9:59pm on 17th July to 9:59pm on 18th July) always concerns maintenance, infrastructure and railways services. In this period of time, the trains don't stop and there is not a total suspension of the service but very significant interruptions and delays are possible.

Screenshot_20240712_225122_Trainline.thumb.jpg.7636ab813fce96b830fd7c2392e6ad24.jpg

This is the screenshot of my train app. 

It's written in italian but the writing next to the yellow triangle says:" Travel Notice: Local strike Tuscany Florence for......24 hours from...to.....

For Flixbus ,I have checked and, for the moment, on Flixbus my app doesn't give me any warnings.

The Flixbus should leave at 9:40pm so, if the strike ends at 9:59 pm maybe there will just be a bit of delay.

Edited by Arianne921
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi everyone. 

This week i will be travelling from the Netherlands to Lucca to see Mika's show. 😍🌈

Im realy looking forward to it, but im also a bit nervous, because its my first solo trip abroad. 😇

Hope to meet some of you there 🥰

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lunavansebille said:

Hi everyone. 

This week i will be travelling from the Netherlands to Lucca to see Mika's show. 😍🌈

Im realy looking forward to it, but im also a bit nervous, because its my first solo trip abroad. 😇

Hope to meet some of you there 🥰

My husband and I are taking the train to Florence and then will go on to Lucca on Thursday afternoon. 😊

Edited by SusanT
  • Like 1

:bow:

Could anyone please taking a whole song video of Jane Birkin in Italian at Lucca ?

Thank you in advance !:heart:

On 2/21/2024 at 7:45 PM, SusanT said:

So Mika says he's going to sing Jane Birkin in Lucca and perhaps even sing a bit of it in Italian. 

imusicfun.it has similar info.

:https://www.imusicfun.it/top-news/mika-il-videoclip-di-jane-birkin-finalmente-disponibile-su-youtube/

E' disponibile da ora su YouTube, il videoclip ufficiale di JANE BIRKIN, l’ultimo singolo di Mika tratto dal suo ultimo album QUE TA TÊTE FLEURISSE TOUJOURS, uscito per Island Def Jam (Universal Music France).

Prodotto da Jealous Films con la regia di Oliver Jennings, il videoclip di JANE BIRKIN è la rappresentazione del talento eclettico e visionario di Mika, un viaggio visivo attraverso la trasformazione personale e l’affermazione della propria identità, incanalando il tema della libertà in un’espressione vibrante e coinvolgente.

“Il videoclip è stato girato a Londra, su una pista di pattinaggio sul ghiaccio. Ho fatto diverse lezioni con dei professionisti, perché volevo creare qualcosa di speciale per questo pezzo. – racconta Mika – Jane Birkin è un’icona della musica, del cinema e della moda. Era una persona nella quale mi sono sempre identificato perché ha sempre mischiato le diverse culture e la sua scomparsa mi rattrista profondamente. Abbiamo perso una grande artista che appartiene alla storia culturale francese, ma non solo”.

Jane Birkin sarà presente nella setlist dell’APOCALYPSE CALYPSO TOUR, la nuova tournée europea di Mika che prenderà il via dalla Francia, passerà per Lussemburgo, Svizzera, Belgio, Paesi Bassi, Germania, Regno Unito, Irlanda e arriverà anche in Italia, venerdì 19 luglio, con un concerto speciale al Lucca Summer Festival.

“Non vedo l’ora di cantare dal vivo questo brano, anche nel mio concerto del prossimo 19 luglio a Lucca dove magari introdurrò una strofa in italiano”. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Could anyone please taking a whole song video of Jane Birkin in Italian at Lucca ?

I think he say he will sing only a verse of the song in Italian :wink2:

• Like 1

Hello everybody! Unfortunately I had a small accident and I now have a spare ticket for Lucca. Indeed it’s a great seat. block c row 1 seat 10. I can transfer the ticket straight to your email. Please feel free to contact me for more infos if you are interested. 

I’m sorry I’m not very active on here but I have several people on the forum who can vouch for me as being a real and genuine loyal fan for ages. Just not good with social media. 

2 hours ago, Julien said:

Hello everybody! Unfortunately I had a small accident and I now have a spare ticket for Lucca. Indeed it’s a great seat. block c row 1 seat 10. I can transfer the ticket straight to your email. Please feel free to contact me for more infos if you are interested. 

I’m sorry I’m not very active on here but I have several people on the forum who can vouch for me as being a real and genuine loyal fan for ages. Just not good with social media. 

Edited your post as we're not allowed to use the word 'sell' on MFC (it can get us into trouble).

You can also share a post in this thread about your ticket:

5 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Edited your post as we're not allowed to use the word 'sell' on MFC (it can get us into trouble).

You can also share a post in this thread about your ticket:

Thank you! Really sorry for any mistake really unused to post around here

• Like 1

Btw, is there any meetup planned for the gig day noon or afternoon? I don't know how big Lucca is... if it's comparable to Orange, we'll find MFCers everywhere anyway throughout the day. :lol3: :wub2: