2024 - Mika @ Choregies d'Orange 2024, Orange, France, 23 June

Prisca

1 hour ago, mellody said:

If you want to contribute, please paypal your contribution to mellody24@gmx.de

So we can send you money now or we are waiting for any other instruction?

There are 31 fans on RSVP list. I can imagine that most of them would like to contribute one way or another.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

So we can send you money now or we are waiting for any other instruction?

There are 31 fans on RSVP list. I can imagine that most of them would like to contribute one way or another.

Yes, you can send it. If we really don't manage to get flowers, I can still send it back... but I'm sure we'll be able to organize something. :thumb_yello: And it helps to know how much we have. I think a voluntary contribution is better than dividing a certain amount between an unknown number of fans.

• Like 6

On 6/7/2024 at 2:34 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

So the concert will be recorded!!!!!!

Another chance to watch it somewhere, someday on TV!!!!!!

I'm really, really happy to know that, because I feel like not being able to go at Orange will be one of the biggest regrets of my fan's life, so if it's recorded, it's great, I will hear and see it anyway ! :heart:

• Like 4

I've updated the first post with a list of people whose flowers contributions I've received, so you know I got your contribution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, mellody said:

Could someone who speaks French please take care of the communication with the florist - and for now, please ask them how much in advance they need the order? Would they deliver it to the theatre? On a Sunday? Or do we have to pick it up in advance? Who could do that, if necessary? I'll only arrive on the gig day.

I can collect the money. If you want to contribute, please paypal your contribution to mellody24@gmx.de or let me know the amount if you want to give it to me at the concert. We'll see how much we get and then decide on the flowers & size. In Berlin we had nearly 300€, which was a bit much tbh, I think a smaller bouquet than the Berlin one would be good. 😅

Is it Simon Leclerc? I thought it was a different conductor this time?

I think spending 300€ in this case is a bit much! LOL!

I see that @krysady has already mentioned that she's volunteered the use of her car if you need it. :thumb_yello:

As far as giving flowers to the conductor/concertmaster -- I'm not sure it's really necessary unless you're making the presentation on the stage. I think the plan is to just send the flowers to Mika's dressing room, isn't it? If so, I think just sending flowers to him is OK. I'm just trying to be practical and considerate, knowing that many of you are already spending quite a bit on the concert ticket, hotel accommodations and transportation. :dunno:

• Like 10

24 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

As far as giving flowers to the conductor/concertmaster -- I'm not sure it's really necessary unless you're making the presentation on the stage. I think the plan is to just send the flowers to Mika's dressing room, isn't it? If so, I think just sending flowers to him is OK. I'm just trying to be practical and considerate, knowing that many of you are already spending quite a bit on the concert ticket, hotel accommodations and transportation. :dunno:

You are absolutely right, it’s just for Mika. Just didn’t want the others to feel left out, but who knows, if it’s close to 300 euros again like in Berlin (that was insane, haha!), I’m sure it’s possible to see if we can also get something for Simon LeClerc and maybe even the concertmaster? But again, that’s not my decision to make. 

• Like 1

We also can spare the extra money for Mika's birthday. 

The most we donate to any foundation, the better it is, imo

• Like 5

Just now, carafon said:

We also can spare the extra money for Mika's birthday. 

The most we donate to any foundation, the better it is, imo

Good idea. :thumb_yello:

I just wanted to say, please keep your donations under 10€ per person - but if you're ok that any extra money would go to the bday donation, more is fine ofc. ;)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Good idea. :thumb_yello:

I just wanted to say, please keep your donations under 10€ per person - but if you're ok that any extra money would go to the bday donation, more is fine ofc. ;)

I sent my contribute, thank you!

• Like 2

That's a great idea!! I'm also not for spending too much money on materialistic things for him. A nice bouquet of flowers is a lovely gesture but I don't think it should be more than that.

I understand that it's hard to organize when you have an uncertain number of fans giving an uncertain amount of money. So maybe we should keep that in mind for the future as well and do that more often... saving the "rest" for his birthday fundraiser I mean :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I think spending 300€ in this case is a bit much! LOL!

I see that @krysady has already mentioned that she's volunteered the use of her car if you need it. :thumb_yello:

Thanks Deb! Yes you're right, I just remembered at the Paris Philharmonic we did a smaller one for Simon, so wasn't sure if we should do that again. But yes, I think taking donations for the flowers, then putting any leftover towards the birthday donation, is a good idea.

• Like 2

Updated the first post. I'm just adding first names there, so you can check if your contribution arrived. Not planning to write a card with names this time, just a note "with love from MFC".

Btw, we're already over 150€... I think that's already a nice large bouquet. :wink2:

• Like 11

I've agreed with Karin to give her my donation in person at the venue, as I don't have PayPal. In case anyone is wondering why my name isn't on the list! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mellody said:

Not planning to write a card with names this time, just a note "with love from MFC".

I think this way is perfect, imo

4 hours ago, Hero said:

In case anyone is wondering why my name isn't on the list! 

Lol, I don't think you need to worry about that :wink2:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Maybe it was already mentioned but I don't think Simon Leclerc will be there, according to the latest IG post the conductor should be Michel Piquemal.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8UcDWzIBKj/

Oh this is interesting, because every conductor makes its own interpretation of the compositions. Now I’m even more excited! 

23 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Maybe it was already mentioned but I don't think Simon Leclerc will be there, according to the latest IG post the conductor should be Michel Piquemal.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8UcDWzIBKj/

From what I understand, he is the conductor of the choir, not sure it's the same for the orchestra... or is it?

Edited by krysady

2 minutes ago, krysady said:

From what I understand, he is the conductor of the choir, not sure it's the same for the orchestra... or is it?

You are right, I'm so sorry, my French is non-existent... :sweatdrop:  Now I found this older IG post and there it says Simon Leclerc:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7B_qWQIjCW/

:sorry:

• Like 3