2024 - Mika @ Choregies d'Orange 2024, Orange, France, 23 June

Prisca

4 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

You are right, I'm so sorry, my French is non-existent... :sweatdrop:  Now I found this older IG post and there it says Simon Leclerc:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7B_qWQIjCW/

:sorry:

No problem, my French is not that great either :wink2:

Just found this on the site of the orchestra as well:

Screenshot (1).png

Edited by krysady
  • Like 2

Just now, krysady said:

No problem, my French is not that great either :wink2:

Just found this on the site of the orchestra as well:

Screenshot (1).png

I know four languages quite well but French is not one of them... :sweatdrop:

I was just confused for a moment that they aren't mentioning SImon Leclerc and only the other director in the post. :doh:

• Like 3

13 hours ago, mellody said:

Updated the first post. I'm just adding first names there, so you can check if your contribution arrived. Not planning to write a card with names this time, just a note "with love from MFC".

Btw, we're already over 150€... I think that's already a nice large bouquet. :wink2:

Just sent my contribution Karin

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

Maybe it was already mentioned but I don't think Simon Leclerc will be there, according to the latest IG post the conductor should be Michel Piquemal.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8UcDWzIBKj/

14 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

I know four languages quite well but French is not one of them... :sweatdrop:

I was just confused for a moment that they aren't mentioning SImon Leclerc and only the other director in the post. :doh:

Yes, that was the reason why I also had been wondering whether Simon would be the conductor... I had read only the other name in some post, but couldn't remember where. 😅 Thanks.

• Haha 2

Today I got confirmation that I have to work on June 24 so no philharmonic concert  for me. Maybe next time ( and in an easier place to reach ). In any case I'll see Mika in Lucca.😊

• Sad 5

On 17/06/2024 at 11:06, mellody said:

Mise à jour du premier message. J'y ajoute juste les prénoms, afin que vous puissiez vérifier si votre contribution est arrivée. Je ne prévois pas d'écrire une carte avec des noms cette fois, juste une note "avec amour de MFC".

Au fait, on est déjà à plus de 150€... Je trouve que c'est déjà un joli gros bouquet.:wink2:

Puis je encore participer ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Carolinechedo said:

Puis je encore participer ? 

There is no deadline, so if you want, you can... but we don't need more money for the flowers, it will go to the birthday donation.

51 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

It will be much colder than I expected, I'm not sure if I can pull off a summer dress anymore tbh :sweatdrop: 

It's down to 24 °C but at least it is sunny.

2 minutes ago, Prisca said:

It's down to 24 °C but at least it is sunny.

Yes but that's during the day, it will be colder in the evening. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

Yes but that's during the day, it will be colder in the evening. 

Minimum of 17°C sounds ok to me for a summer dress. :dunno_grin: But it'll be very windy (glad I'm not coming by plane! 😅), that can surely feel colder... dunno how much we'll feel of the wind inside of the theatre tho, it looks quite wind protected (at least in the lower seats).

25 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Mika started to add songs from the concert in Versailles in 2020.

And I wonder if Ida will come to Orange as well.

Because who will sing Happy Ending ?

Maybe it's not on the playlist? 

I'd be surprised, but if he's fitting in the new songs, we might not get all the old standards. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Minimum of 17°C sounds ok to me for a summer dress. :dunno_grin: But it'll be very windy (glad I'm not coming by plane! 😅), that can surely feel colder... dunno how much we'll feel of the wind inside of the theatre tho, it looks quite wind protected (at least in the lower seats).

Currently sat in 16°C, it's nice in the direct sunshine but quite cool in the shade and breeze, some goosebumps going on. 

Bring a cardi/wrap/shawl, just in case. 

• Like 3

do you think we need to bring cushions for the chairs in the front as well, or is that only relevant for the stone seats? Tbh for that ticket price I'd expect a cushioned chair, but you never know, lol! 😅

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mellody said:

do you think we need to bring cushions for the chairs in the front as well, or is that only relevant for the stone seats? Tbh for that ticket price I'd expect a cushioned chair, but you never know, lol! 😅

Doesn't it say somewhere that cushions are provided?

3 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Doesn't it say somewhere that cushions are provided?

for the chairs? I only keep reading that you should bring cushions for more comfort, but it seems most of their concerts don't have these chairs in the fosse area.

4 minutes ago, mellody said:

for the chairs? I only keep reading that you should bring cushions for more comfort, but it seems most of their concerts don't have these chairs in the fosse area.

On 4/27/2024 at 1:12 PM, Hero said:

Just to note, the website states that the Carre d'or seats have cushions provided. That's zones A and B, rows 2 - 16 inclusive. 

Whether they're comfortable it doesn't say! 

I don't know about the pit. :dunno_grin:

5 minutes ago, mellody said:

For the chair area cushion is provided.

Un coussin

Il est exact de dire que le confort du théâtre à ciel ouvert est tout de même limité. Les gradins sont en pierres brutes pas vraiment adéquates pour les postérieurs délicats. Il est impératif de ramener un petit coussin douillet. Votre emplacement marqué au sol est moins large qu’un canapé, aussi ne vous encombrez pas de sacs volumineux qui risquent de traîner dans vos jambes ou sur vos genoux toute la soirée. Une autre solution est de préférer la catégorie la plus chère où le coussin est fourni.

A pillow

It is correct to say that the comfort of the open-air theater is still limited. The stands are made of rough stone, not really suitable for delicate posteriors. It is imperative to bring a small cozy cushion. Your marked spot on the floor is narrower than a sofa, so don't weigh down bulky bags that risk dragging around your legs or on your knees all evening. Another solution is to prefer the most expensive category where the cushion is provided.

https://www.classique-c-cool.com/dossiers/choregies-orange-mode-emploi

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, mellody said:

There is no deadline, so if you want, you can... but we don't need more money for the flowers, it will go to the birthday donation.

I sent you my contribution by paypal. 

• Thanks 1

I don't have a ticket for the chairs but basically half of my hand (and only) luggage is a cushion. Priorities :teehee:

Fun fact: It's the same cushion I had with me when I've been to the Revelation Tour in Zurich. The security guy who was checking my handbag was very confused why I have a microbead cushion there. I was travelling overnight by bus so it was a must-have. Now the cushion wants to hear Mika again so I have to take it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

I don't have a ticket for the chairs but basically half of my hand (and only) luggage is a cushion. Priorities :teehee:

Fun fact: It's the same cushion I had with me when I've been to the Revelation Tour in Zurich. The security guy who was checking my handbag was very confused why I have a microbead cushion there. I was travelling overnight by bus so it was a must-have. Now the cushion wants to hear Mika again so I have to take it.

I will take only a pillow case with me and I will fill it with a towel from my hotel room. It should be enough.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2024 at 9:20 PM, Hero said:

Are people dressing up for this? Smart I mean, not funny costumes! :lol3:

Yes me ! I bought a fancy dress for my cousin's wedding that I will wear for the concert !

• Like 4