2024 - Mika @ Musik im Park, Schlossgarten Schwetzingen, GERMANY, 1 August

2 hours ago, Yavanna said:

Is anyone of you concerned about the weather tomorrow? 

No. I assume we might get wet. Thunderstorms are already starting tonight, so I hope they will be through until then... and rain, well, as long as it's warm that can be nice actually. Maybe better than baking in the sun, today it was far too hot. In Isle of Wight last year I got soaking wet at Mika's gig, but it only added to the special atmosphere of the gig. We'll just sing Underwaaateeer particularly loudly. :lmfao:

Btw, are really only 16 MFCers coming to this? Guess the queueing will be even more relaxed than in Bonn then. :biggrin2: Although more wet. I'll only arrive from Munich around noon.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Yavanna said:

I don't care if it's raining, honestly, absolutely not care at all, but I have a phobia of thunderstorms so... :yikes: 

But I try to remember each time I panicked because we were thought to have thunderstorms in my area, and we had nothing. And I tell myself thunderstorms are pretty localised phenomenons, so we have a higher chance to have nothing than the opposite...  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Yavanna said:

Yes I am, too. Not because I'm getting wet and not afraid of thunderstorms myself and yes it often happened that the weather was different than forecasted here in my region, too .... but I am worried that the forecast still says thunderstorms for tomorrow evening (and at the moment it still does) and that then the organisers don't dare to go through with the concert... And cancel it just to be safe... And in the end weather would be fine, but their decision has been made...

I mean, they would need to decide it quite early in the day, wouldn't they? To inform people timely ?

They already write this on their website:

...danger of falling branches and trees... Ok, we will probably not stand under trees, but they seem to be quite careful...

Screenshot_20240731-215744.png

Edited by Lexa
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lexa said:

Yes I am, too. Not because I'm getting wet and not afraid of thunderstorms myself and yes it often happened that the weather was different than forecasted here in my region, too .... but I am worried that the forecast still says thunderstorms for tomorrow evening (and at the moment it still does) and that then the organisers don't dare to go through with the concert... And cancel it just to be safe... And in the end weather would be fine, but their decision has been made...

I mean, they would need to decide it quite early in the day, wouldn't they? To inform people timely ?

...danger of falling branches and trees... Ok, we will probably not stand under trees, but they seem to be quite careful...

If you zoom in that pic,the concert place is  next to the very right end of that purple round building.There are more trees IN the park.At the moment there is still no Rain and no Storm here.we will see.

EDIT:On their Website is a link with a map,which parts are closed now.It is only on the very end of the park atm.

Edited by Liv1680
  • Like 1

I'm definitely packing the rain poncho, but if there were genuine safety concerns about the weather then I'm sure we would have been told already. I'm sure it'll be fine. :)

I'll be there at around 3 pm, very looking forward to seeing everyone! <3

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Lexa said:

Is that related to today's weather tho? Sounds to me like it's more about the trees, or maybe them being damaged by past thunderstorms.

Anyway, from my job as concert security I know (in theory, never happened at concerts I was at) that concerts can possibly get cancelled last minute and the audience evacuated, if there's life danger for the audience or for the artist. Like if they see a storm front coming with 5cm hail, maybe it's better if that doesn't fall on our heads. Or if there are certain weather conditions with lightnings that are likely to hit the ground. For big events they are in close contact with the meterologists, to figure out when it is or isn't safe. At least that's how they do it in Munich. Just "risk of thunderstorm" isn't reason enough, and they certainly will prefer to do the gig, if possible, instead of losing lots of money.

I wonder if they'd have a place in the castle for people to take shelter, because if they just send us out of the gates if hail is coming, that wouldn't make much sense. :dunno_grin:

Whatever, let's just hope the storms will avoid Schwetzingen. :)

• Like 4

It seems that something small like Rain is coming in like 15 minutes instead of lightnings.But it changes at the moment in my app like every few minutes to hours.:blink: At the moment it looks like the hail and the lightnings will not go over schwetzingen but we will see. As for shelter i do not know where there would be something. But some hotels and restaurants are just around the corner out of the schlosspark.not so far away.

Just in case,Abendkasse Box Office is in the Innenhof.black tent.

Edited by Liv1680
  • Like 2

IG story

https://www.instagram.com/stories/provinztour/

:germany:

DAS KONZERT HEUTE ABEND IM SCHLOSSGARTEN IN SCHWETZINGEN WIRD NACH AKTUELLEM STAND TROTZ DER
VORHERGESAGTEN WETTERBEDINGUNGEN STATTFINDEN.

Wir sind im stetigen Kontakt mit dem Deutschen Wetterdienst. Sobald eine Gefahr für den Künstler und/oder die Konzertbesucher bestehen sollte, wird das Konzert aus Sicherheitsgründen verschoben, unterbrochen oder abgesagt. Wir versuchen dies so früh wie möglich über unsere Social Media Kanäle, die Homepage (http://www.provinztour.de) und/oder vor Ort zu kommunizieren.

Bei Regen wird das Konzert trotzdem stattfinden. Wir empfehlen daher das Tragen von wetterfester Kleidung. Vor Ort können an der Abendkasse zudem Regenponchos erworben werden.

Bitte beachtet jedoch, dass die Mitnahme von Stockschirmen auf das Veranstaltungsgelände verboten ist. Die Mitnahme von sogenannten Knirpsen stellt kein Problem dar, diese müssen jedoch bei Sichtbehinderung anderer Konzertbesucher geschlossen werden.

PROVINZTOUR

453722101_18296547541162514_1344858904895001889_n-1.thumb.jpg.1297157a64944de6ba75274160d5ac54.jpg

:uk: Google translator

ACCORDING TO THE CURRENT STATUS, THE CONCERT TO BE HELD IN THE CASTLE GARDEN IN SCHWETZINGEN WILL TAKE PLACE DESPITE THE PREDICTED WEATHER CONDITIONS.

We are in constant contact with the German Weather Service. As soon as there is a danger to the artist and/or the concert-goers, the concert will be postponed, interrupted or cancelled for safety reasons. We will try to communicate this as early as possible via our social media channels, the homepage (www.provinztour.de) and/or on site.

If it rains, the concert will still take place. We therefore recommend wearing weatherproof clothing. Rain ponchos can also be purchased on site at the box office.

Please note, however, that it is not permitted to bring stick umbrellas onto the event site. Bringing so-called umbrellas is not a problem, but these must be closed if they obstruct the view of other concert-goers.

PROVINZTOUR

453722101_18296547541162514_1344858904895001889_n-1-1.thumb.jpg.2440df140265015ad5d7495abe24c5e4.jpg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

MFCers are not made of sugar! Crossing fingers it will still be manageable for all of you attending, but my weather app says there is only going to be rain in Schwetzingen (and not for very long). 

Atm it is sunny.We had only one moment of Rain some hours ago but no thunder  or lightning as the forecast said.Good.