Recording of the Apocalypse Calypso Tour in Paris

6 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I also wanted to mention how cool it was to see familiar faces in the audience, including Mika's family! :)

Do you remember when that was? His sisters ?

11 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I also wanted to mention how cool it was to see familiar faces in the audience, including Mika's family! :)

I have seen only his father. I was too concentrated on Mika :lol3:

On replay I will stop the video to look the audience better :bleh:

Now it's time to bed. It's after midnight here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hero said:

It's not time yet is it? 9.25 

2 hours ago, linzijay said:

I thought it was 9:15? And then MIKA said 21:00 in his story so it’s a bit confusing. This gives me hope though.

I thought it was at 9 too

• Like 1

REPLAY

TF1+

https://www.tf1.fr/tmc/mika-a-laccor-arena-le-concert-evenement

Mika à l’Accor Arena : le concert évènement

Mika a achevé le 25 mars 2024 son "Apocalypse calypso tour » dans un Accor Arena sold out, après 16 dates complètes à travers les Zéniths de l’hexagone et avec quelques records de fréquentation saisonniers comme le 1er mars à l’Arkéa de Bordeaux avec plus de 11 000 personnes.

Un show coloré et explosif comme seul MIKA en a le secret qui met à l’honneur ses principaux tubes internationaux et français dont « C’est la vie » et « Jane Birkin » extraits de « Que ta tête fleurisse toujours », paru en décembre dernier. Après la France le show a voyagé à travers l’Europe (Angleterre, Allemagne, Espagne, Belgique, Suisse, Pays Bas...).

Et la tournée de MIKA continue également tout l’été à travers les festivals. Il a notamment ouvert la grande scène du Printemps de Bourges fin avril et enchaînera notamment à Solidays le 29 juin prochain jusqu’à Festival RTL2 Essonne en Scène le 30 aout.

MIKA, la sensation pop de renommée internationale, captive le public avec son énergie contagieuse, ses performances dynamiques et sa voix émouvante. Tout au long de sa carrière MIKA a créé un monde de romance au milieu de la joie et de l’espièglerie d’une pop alternative technicolorée. C’est un artiste dont le nom à légitimement trouvé sa place aux côtés d’artistes légendaires comme Elton John ou Freddie Mercury.

Mika a démarré son ère de superstar avec son 1er album « Life in cartoon motion » en 2007, classé album le plus vendu de l’année en France, un des albums pop les plus réussis (+ de 5 millions de ventes). L’album comprenait de nouveaux singles emblématiques comme « Relax take it easy », « Grace Kelly » ou « Happy Ending » par exemple. Un début phénoménal pour MIKA qui reflète son impact sur l’évolution de la musique pop, portant de nouveaux thèmes comme l’anxiété des adolescents, l’homosexualité, la discrimination et bien plus encore… Après « The Boy who knew too much » (2009) et le hit « Elle me dit », son 3e album « The Origin of Love » est arrivé en 2012 et a notamment donné naissance à « Celebrate » (feat. Pharrell Williams) et le hit américain « Popular Song » connu en duo avec la superstar de la pop Ariana Grande.

Au-delà de sa participation à « The Voice France » il a lancé sa propre émission de musique en Italie « Stasera Casa MIKA » remportant la rose d’or 2017 du divertissement. Il a poursuivi sa séquence créative avec "No Place in heaven" (2015) et "My Name is Michael Holbrook" (2019) avant un nouveau spectacle époustouflant à Coachella en 2022 et l’honneur d’être l’hôte international du concours Eurovision de la chanson la même année. En cours de route il a été nommé et a remporté des prix aux Grammys, aux Brits, aux Ivor Novellos, aux NRJ Music Awards, à MTV’s Europe, Asie et Australie entre autres….

Il a vendu plus de 15 millions d’albums dans le monde et a reçu des disques d’or ou platine ou diamant dans 32 pays différents. Avec des milliards de streams sur les plateformes, MIKA continue d’inspirer le public du monde entier laissant une marque indélébile sur la culture pop.

Cette année MIKA est aussi revenu comme co-star du programme britannique « The Piano » (Channel 4) aux cotés de LangLang.

Et continue l’exploitation de son sixième album « Que ta tête fleurisse toujours » qui a fait ses débuts au sommet des charts.

Mika at the Accor Arena: the concert event

Mika completed his “Apocalypse calypso tour” on March 25, 2024 in a sold-out Accor Arena, after 16 full dates across the Zéniths in France and with some seasonal attendance records such as March 1 at the Arkéa in Bordeaux with more than 11,000 people.

A colorful and explosive show like only MIKA has the secret which highlights her main international and French hits including “C'est la vie” and “Jane Birkin” taken from “Que ta tête fleurisse toujours”, released in December last. After France the show traveled across Europe (England, Germany, Spain, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands...).

And MIKA’s tour also continues throughout the summer through festivals. He notably opened the main stage of Printemps de Bourges at the end of April and will continue in particular at Solidays on June 29 until Festival RTL2 Essonne en Scène on August 30.

MIKA, the internationally renowned pop sensation, captivates audiences with her infectious energy, dynamic performances and soulful vocals. Throughout his career MIKA has created a world of romance amid the joy and playfulness of technicolor alternative pop. He is an artist whose name has rightfully found its place alongside legendary artists like Elton John or Freddie Mercury.

Mika started his superstar era with his first album “Life in cartoon motion” in 2007, ranked the best-selling album of the year in France, one of the most successful pop albums (over 5 million sales). The album included new iconic singles like “Relax take it easy”, “Grace Kelly” or “Happy Ending” for example. A phenomenal debut for MIKA that reflects his impact on the evolution of pop music, carrying new themes like teenage angst, homosexuality, discrimination and much more... After "The Boy who knew too much" ( 2009) and the hit “Elle me dit”, her 3rd album “The Origin of Love” arrived in 2012 and notably gave birth to “Celebrate” (feat. Pharrell Williams) and the American hit “Popular Song” known as a duet with pop superstar Ariana Grande.

Beyond his participation in “The Voice France” he launched his own music show in Italy “Stasera Casa MIKA” winning the 2017 golden rose for entertainment. He continued his creative streak with "No Place in heaven" (2015) and "My Name is Michael Holbrook" (2019) before a stunning new show at Coachella in 2022 and the honor of being the international host of the Eurovision contest of the song the same year. Along the way he has been nominated and won awards at the Grammys, the Brits, the Ivor Novellos, the NRJ Music Awards, MTV’s Europe, Asia and Australia among others….

He has sold more than 15 million albums worldwide and received gold, platinum or diamond discs in 32 different countries. With billions of streams across platforms, MIKA continues to inspire audiences around the world leaving an indelible mark on pop culture.

This year MIKA also returned as co-star of the British program “The Piano” (Channel 4) alongside LangLang.

And continues the exploitation of his sixth album “That your head always blooms” which debuted at the top of the charts.

TF1.thumb.jpg.5638f44677d3a52f780b2c61fb90650d.jpg

• Like 4

TF1+

https://www.tf1.fr/tmc/mika-a-laccor-arena-le-concert-evenement

Mika à l’Accor Arena : le concert évènement

VIDEO SETLIST for 1h30m

• 1. Bougez
  • 2. Apocalypse Calypso
  • 3. Talk About You
  • 4. Feels Like Fire
  • 5. Underwater
  • 6. Relax (Take It Easy)
  • 7. Jane Birkin
  • 8. Moi, Andy et Paris
  • 9. Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)
  • 10. Elle me dit
  • 11. 30 secondes
  • 12. Grace Kelly
  • 13. C'est la Vie
  • 14. Happy Ending
  • 15. Love Today
  • 16. Any Other World
  • 19. We Are Golden

Unfortunately, Sweetie Banana and Yo Yo are excluded.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

mikainstagram stories posting a lot !!!

Trailer :mika3:

5 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

mikainstagram story

DANS 2 HEURES
SUR LA SCÈNE DE L'ACCOR ARENA UNE NUIT INCROYABLE ENSEMBLE ! MERCI D'ETRE LÀ ET
LET'S GET THE PARTY STARTED!
inédit
MIKA
A L'ACCOR ARENA LE CONCERT EVENEMENT
ce soir
TMC TF1+
21H

Promoting ! :mikadas:

4 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

re-posting Fan's reactions :mikalove:

2 hours ago, Mikasister said:

1 hour ago, Mikasister said:

1 hour ago, Mikasister said:

mikainstagram LIVE :mikacool:

6 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

:doh:

I didn't know that MIKA doing INSTAGRAM LIVE !!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SusanT said:

Do you remember when that was? His sisters ?

I noticed Yasmine (and Julien Granel and Oli without Big Flo) at around 28 minutes (in Relax), then I noticed Mika's dad, followed a few seconds later by Beau and Yasmine, with Fortune and his husband (holding a little girl I suppose is Yasmine's daughter?) around 34 minutes (toward the end of Jane Birkin). I also saw Fortune and Beau and Paloma at other times.

I also saw several MFCers throughout the whole show! :)

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

I wonder why?

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I noticed Yasmine (and Julien Granel and Oli without Big Flo) at around 28 minutes (in Relax), then I noticed Mika's dad, followed a few seconds later by Beau and Yasmine, with Fortune and his husband (holding a little girl I suppose is Yasmine's daughter?) around 34 minutes (toward the end of Jane Birkin). I also saw Fortune and Beau and Paloma at other times.

I also saw several MFCers throughout the whole show! :)

Thank you! I'll look for them when I watch the show again. (The only names I don't know are Julien Grand and Oli but I'll see who is standing with Yasmine.)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I wonder why?

Video too suggestive :teehee: and light show too aggressive:blink: maybe? 

9 hours ago, SusanT said:

I thought it was at 9 too

Yes, because all the times Mika has promoted the concert, he told 21.00. :facepalm::teehee:

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

6 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I wonder why?

Mika definitely sang Sweetie Banana and Yo Yo. The part where fans went on stage was also cut out. I think the songs were cut out because the airtime was limited...

• Like 3

7 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I wonder why?

Yeah I think it was just because they had limited time. They also cut out a lot of him talking like before Grace Kelly and the fans dancing on stage during Elle me dit.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I wonder why?

3 hours ago, Prisca said:

I think the songs were cut out because the airtime was limited...

2 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

Yeah I think it was just because they had limited time. 

Gotta squeeze in the endless car adverts somehow... :doh::rolleyes:

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Prisca said:

Yes, because all the times Mika has promoted the concert, he told 21.00. :facepalm::teehee:

He didn't want us to be late .......

• Haha 8

4 minutes ago, carafon said:

He didn't want us to be late .......

I thought of that too! But I think he got himself mixed up with us. :lmfao:

• Haha 5

I've managed to record the concert for anyone who doesn't have a French VPN but haven't found anywhere that will let me share it other than via google drive link, so if someone has the ability to put it up somewhere more permanent feel free!

Here's the link to the file on my google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vbYj458AdCyLivQkGRayZh2U4D82GAac/view?usp=sharing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

...tbh, the only two songs from the setlist I wouldn't miss so no regrets for me :mf_rosetinted: 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Prisca said:

Mika definitely sang Sweetie Banana and Yo Yo. The part where fans went on stage was also cut out. I think the songs were cut out because the airtime was limited...

Yes, I'm sure it was a time issue, but honestly, if you're going to show the concert, then SHOW THE CONCERT. An extra half-hour would have allowed them to put in even more ads, right?  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, giraffeandy said:

...tbh, the only two songs from the setlist I wouldn't miss so no regrets for me :mf_rosetinted: 

Aww, I've grown fond of Sweetie Banana (especially now that my dog knows the song, too!) and I thought Yo Yo was so much fun!

• Like 7

1 minute ago, dcdeb said:

Aww, I've grown fond of Sweetie Banana (especially now that my dog knows the song, too!) and I thought Yo Yo was so much fun!

Sweetie Banana is quite fine, even though my least favourite from the French album. But I never really enjoyed Yo Yo, especially not the remix version tbh... :sweatdrop: 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

Those were the two I wanted to hear/see the most :lol: Well also Apocalypse calypso.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

Same for me, absolutely no regrets! :thumb_yello:

42 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

But I never really enjoyed Yo Yo, especially not the remix version tbh... :sweatdrop: 

Again, same for me. I remember in Dublin when the remixed version started, people around me were looking so confused, it didn't sound like Mika at all. 

• Like 1

Just rewatched it. I’m bawling my eyes out at Any Other World. I tried to keep it in during the gigs. Because I’m a really really ugly crier, but “I let myself let go”…. Pffft, wonderfully captured. It truly is how I lived the concerts this tour. 

• Like 3