Recording of the Apocalypse Calypso Tour in Paris

18 minutes ago, krysady said:

Again, same for me. I remember in Dublin when the remixed version started, people around me were looking so confused, it didn't sound like Mika at all. 

I was more confused watching the Bercy gig when they started playing Madonna. :blink::lol3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, krysady said:

Same for me, absolutely no regrets! :thumb_yello:

Again, same for me. I remember in Dublin when the remixed version started, people around me were looking so confused, it didn't sound like Mika at all. 

I don’t like listening to the yo-yo remix in general but once it got started in Dublin I thought the atmosphere was great and he made it engaging- still would have preferred he play ice cream or something off of MNIMH though.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Beau and Yasmine, with Fortune and his husband (holding a little girl I suppose is Yasmine's daughter?) around 34 minutes (toward the end of Jane Birkin

@Anna Ko Kolkowska sharing the moment. :flowers2: Thanks a lot !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

@Anna Ko Kolkowska sharing the moment. :flowers2: Thanks a lot !

I love it when he looks so victorious. Like when he shoots the arm holding his mic in the air.

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Like 1

On 6/15/2024 at 4:44 AM, Juless said:

And... here - it - is ! :yay:
Download MIKA Apocalypse Calypso Tour at Accor Arena, Paris (click) 
Have fun watching it international mfcers! :thumb_yello:

Thanks a million for sharing !!!! :flowers2:

uploaded to

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

20 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I noticed Yasmine (and Julien Granel and Oli without Big Flo) at around 28 minutes (in Relax), then I noticed Mika's dad, followed a few seconds later by Beau and Yasmine, with Fortune and his husband (holding a little girl I suppose is Yasmine's daughter?) around 34 minutes (toward the end of Jane Birkin). I also saw Fortune and Beau and Paloma at other times.

I also saw several MFCers throughout the whole show! :)

Screenshot 2024-06-15 a[...]1.png

Screenshot 2024-06-15 a[...]2.png

Screenshot 2024-06-15 a[...]3.png

Screenshot 2024-06-15 a[...]4.png

Screenshot 2024-06-15 a[...]5.png

Screenshot 2024-06-15 a[...]8.png

• Like 9

It was a great broadcast, despite the absence of two songs (well, it was the two songs I liked the less, so it could be worse.) What a joy to live this tour again. :cloud:

Thank you for the download, too ! 

• Like 7

It took me a while to process the show but I wanted to say some things about it now.

I just absolutely loved how it was filmed and edited!! It felt different from other recordings. More focus on the audience but not as a faceless crowd but on individual people. Which gave it so much personality and a really unique emotional touch.

Of course it helps that I recognize a few faces by now, his family but also fans who I've met or feel connected to in some way. And seeing how diverse his fans are from kids to elderly men to young couples is something that will never stop to amaze me. This made me realize how differently people react as well. Some people were crying during any other world for example, others smiling, swaying along or standing completely still and looking mesmerized. And yet everybody connects to him in some personal way.

And then there are moments when the audience is completely in synch, everyone is singing "Underwater" or showing hearts during happy ending or raising their rainbow colored torches.

This is a big part of why I love to go to his shows, not just to see him, but to see a room full of thousands of people despite their many differences all having a fantastic time together. It fills me with so much joy and hope.

This recording captured that feeling perfectly and made me feel like I was there, not just watching from afar months later. :heart:

• Like 14

On 6/15/2024 at 7:12 PM, Mcrawford745 said:

I don’t like listening to the yo-yo remix in general but once it got started in Dublin I thought the atmosphere was great and he made it engaging- still would have preferred he play ice cream or something off of MNIMH though.

I loved Yoyo remix live in Rennes and Brest it totally set everyone on fire 🔥 And the new beats on Big Girl (You are beautiful) which I will always love enhanced it so much :wub2: 

As much as I love some songs like Good Wife or Tomorrow the whole show and Mika's performance was so mind blowing that I didn't miss them. I thought I would but every single song fit well and made sense. I am not a fan of Love Today and the new arrangements made me enjoy it.  It was a disco ball all night with the lights and sounds and so many emotions flowing between Mika and us :mikalove: 

(Seems like I'm writing a report :lmao:and I sure will :wub2:

• Like 4

On 6/15/2024 at 5:13 PM, eZa said:

Screenshot 2024-06-15 a[...]1.png

Screenshot 2024-06-15 a[...]2.png

Screenshot 2024-06-15 a[...]3.png

Screenshot 2024-06-15 a[...]4.png

Screenshot 2024-06-15 a[...]5.png

Screenshot 2024-06-15 a[...]8.png

Thrilled to say I finally saw it.

Who is that young boy in the third picture? I loved watching him dance his heart out!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, QueenBigFat said:

Who is that young boy in the third picture? I loved watching him dance his heart out!

Beauregard, Mika's nephew.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Beauregard, Mika's nephew.

Thanks! He’s got the Family Adorableness!

Otherwise I so agree with everything @CharlotteL said. I really did love the lighting effects and background art. I am not usually a fan of hysterical lighting but this was just colorfully exciting. I really loved the moment with the rainbow(s). I thought Mika felt more emotionally connected to all the songs at the finale, starting with C’est La Vie, and was very moved by the sweetness of the audience during Any Other World. I also agree that it felt very personally engaging for the audience. I noted that Mika no longer seems to wear Louboutins probably because he doesn’t seem to be dancing on his toes as much in his old age! I LOVED the aggressive provocation to chant “love”!!!

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Like 2

Question: did Mika ever set up Big Girls in any previous concert the way he did in this one? With that big set of lips saying Queen….Big!” ????

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, QueenBigFat said:

Question: did Mika ever set up Big Girls in any previous concert the way he did in this one? With that big set of lips saying Queen….Big!” ????

I moved this here, it was in the wrong thread I think :)

And he has set up Big Girl like that for the whole Apocalypse Calypso tour so for the first time at the concert in Clermont-Ferrand at the end of February I believe.

The voice of Queen Big is English comedian Jo Brand who featured in the Christmas special of The Piano. My theory is that he asked and / or recorded it then.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

I moved this here, it was in the wrong thread I think :)

And he has set up Big Girl like that for the whole Apocalypse Calypso tour so for the first time at the concert in Clermont-Ferrand at the end of February I believe.

The voice of Queen Big is English comedian Jo Brand who featured in the Christmas special of The Piano. My theory is that he asked and / or recorded it then.

It's really a cute…2/3 of a name…..:fisch:

(signed)

Queen Big Fat

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

It's really a cute…2/3 of a name…..:fisch:

(signed)

Queen Big Fat

Believe it or not...... That was my thoughts when I first eared it :wink2:

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...