12 minutes ago, Hero said:

Do we have an idea of when the final might be filmed? Series 1 was autumn, series 2 was spring. I'm not sure if it'll be this year or next!

I think they almost finished filming all episodes. We didn't have any info about the airport location.

So maybe the final will be yet this year?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I think they almost finished filming all episodes. We didn't have any info about the airport location.

So maybe the final will be yet this year?

Maybe. But it's already mid September, it'll be tight for promo for selling tickets. Unless they're planning to do it near Christmas. 

Ha, maybe the final will be filmed at the airport, then he can immediately hop over to Spain for theirs. :lol3:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hero said:

Maybe. But it's already mid September, it'll be tight for promo for selling tickets. Unless they're planning to do it near Christmas. 

Ha, maybe the final will be filmed at the airport, then he can immediately hop over to Spain for theirs. :lol3:

Well, they already know the schedule. And the audience knows the program.

So maybe they already have chosen the venue to film the final.

So we have:

London

Brighton

Sheffield

Newcastle

airport (?)

and promised Xmas episode.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Do we have an idea of when the final might be filmed? Series 1 was autumn, series 2 was spring. I'm not sure if it'll be this year or next!

Just found out!

https://theglasshouseicm.org/whats-on/the-piano-the-final-concert-2024/

Pre-sale tickets available now -- general sale tomorrow!

• Thanks 6

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

Just found out!

https://theglasshouseicm.org/whats-on/the-piano-the-final-concert-2024/

Pre-sale tickets available now -- general sale tomorrow!

Tuesday 29 October 2024   |   6:00pm

Book now (pre sale)

Tickets - £16.88 to £33.75

The Piano

The Piano - The Final Concert

Inspiring. Enthralling. Be there for TV history.

The final concert of Series 3 of the Piano is coming to the Glasshouse in Gateshead. Hosted by Claudia Winkleman, and featuring performances from Mika and Jon Batiste, this will be a celebration of the nation’s favourite instrument.

Mika and Jon Batiste have selected exceptional pianists from across the country, taking them from train stations to the Glasshouse stage, and curating a unique and beautiful night of music.

Need to know

This event will be filmed for television transmission. By purchasing a ticket you agree that you will keep all details of this performance confidential and consent to inclusion in the programme.

• Venue: Sage One (all seated)
  • Price: From £16.88
  • Stage Times: Announced nearer showtime.
  • Age: Under 6 yr old not permitted & under 14s must be accompanied by an adult.

ThePiano_Concert.thumb.jpg.c6ea59089e2adcb8bcf84ffa12e40250.jpg

• Like 5

Too short notice for me, I won't be able to go in October 🥲

Besides, I'm only recently back from London and I may have gone a bit over budget with the shopping... :lmfao:

Still hoping Mika will do more UK dates next year when his next album is out!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

NO PHOTOS!

NO VIDEOS!

ℹ️ Useful Information

This event will be filmed for television transmission. By purchasing a ticket you agree that you will keep all details of this performance confidential and consent to inclusion in the programme.
Shh, it’s top secret… We know it’s truly exciting to be at The Piano final and finding out the winner before anyone else but please don’t spoil the surprise for everyone else by taking any photos and videos at the show. If you get your phone or camera out, we'll have to ask you to leave and make some other plans for your night.

Under 6 yr old not permitted & under 14s must be accompanied by an adult.

Drinks in plastic containers are permitted on Level 1 only. Bottled water and soft drinks (with a screw cap) are permitted on Level 2 and Level 3.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Did everyone who wanted to buy a ticket manage to buy one? :original:

I got one! I didn't think I'd have any more opportunities to go see him this year but I'm glad to be wrong!

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I got one! Did not think I would be seing Mika for a while, but glad I was wrong! I feet lucky as it is just during my midterm week! It'll be a nice break and an excuse to visit a new city! :)

Edited by EmmAcarena
typos
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Prisca said:

It was so easy to buy a ticket, was overwhelmed by the choice. :lol3:

I remember Basel too well. :facepalm:

And I had to do it twice.

I chose the first ticket and when I wanted to go to the payment I had a notification that the ticket is not available.

The second try was OK.

But I don't want to complain.

I think that my second choice was even better knowing that Mika and Jon will sit in the audience :wink2:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

And I had to do it twice.

I chose the first ticket and when I wanted to go to the payment I had a notification that the ticket is not available.

The second try was OK.

But I don't want to complain.

I think that my second choice was even better knowing that Mika and Jon will sit in the audience :wink2:

The first ticket I bought worked for me, I must have been lucky. :lol3:Last time Mika and Lang Lang were sitting very close to me, I can't be that lucky twice. :lol3:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Prisca said:

I got mine. It wasn't working online, especially buying a single #ticket "not available," it said... but I called the Box Office & it worked. Not sure if I picked a good #seat or not (I didn't even know #Mika & #Jon Baptiste would sit in the #audience tbh). The best seats were already sold out anyway... Hard to know exactly with the cameras, video gear & co btw. But I'll be there. It's all that matters.

The tricky part now will be finding a cheap & fast way to get from London to #Newcastle back and forth on #Tuesday. 

Does anyone know how long is the final #concert? & the taping? I'll try to catch the last #train or get a #nightbus to get back home, near #London after the #show, but no idea how long it lasts... Anyone who attended the previous ones? That would be super helpful. Thanks so much 🙏🙏🙏

#FinalConcert #ThePiano #Newcastle #Bus #Train #Transportation #Time 

Edited by Claire Haroche
  • Like 1

Hey guys!

Does anyone know how long the final concert In Newcastle, taping included, lasts?

I need to catch the last #train or get a #nightbus to get back home, near #London, after the #show, but I have no idea how long it lasts... Anyone who attended the previous ones willing to help maybe ? That would be amazing! Thanks so much 🙏🙏🙏

#FinalConcert #ThePiano #Newcastle #Bus #Train #Transportation #Time 

6 minutes ago, Claire Haroche said:

Hey guys!

Does anyone know how long the final concert In Newcastle, taping included, lasts?

I need to catch the last #train or get a #nightbus to get back home, near #London, after the #show, but I have no idea how long it lasts... Anyone who attended the previous ones willing to help maybe ? That would be amazing! Thanks so much 🙏🙏🙏

#FinalConcert #ThePiano #Newcastle #Bus #Train #Transportation #Time 

I think the filming was about 90 minutes last time.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Yes, when the finalists were performing Mika and Lang Lang were sitting in the audience with other participants and their families and friends. I think rows D to H are reserved for them all.

Now that you mention it, I did see Mika & Lang Lang sitting in the audience at some point... ahah. Too late, I already bought my ticket. But hopefully we'll see them on stage & still have a good view despite NOT* sitting close to them. 

Edited by Claire Haroche
Missing word.
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I think the filming was about 90 minutes last time.

Brilliant, thanks! 🙏 What we see on TV doesn't usually reflect the taping length so can be tricky to guess & plan. Not sure if I should get the last train or wait for the nightbus... You never know ahah. I'll take my chances I guess... See you there? 

• Like 1