2024 - MIKA @ Choregies d'Orange 2024, Orange, France, 23 June REPORTS / VIDS / PICS

That was really wonderful to watch back, they completely captured the atmosphere and I’m so glad the wind didn’t affect the sound quality too much (you definitely could hear the wind from time to time, but more in a “ah it’s there” kind of way), I was a bit afraid it would.

What I also really liked was that I could now hear the nuances in the orchestra’s instruments much better, I very much enjoyed that. 

33 minutes ago, krysady said:

So they cut a lot of applause, the instrumental pause with Ida, some Mika's talk and Blue.

They did cut a lot of applause… we were much more enthusiastic than that!!! But I think the microphones were more directed towards the orchestra and none to the public, which could explain a lot. 

Also they fixed the little part in C’est La Vie where the choir didn’t set in right away, I’m actually quite impressed how that was done! I wonder if they used the audio recording from the soundcheck the day before, it’s entirely possible. 

For those who would like to know what I mean, there it is:

Also, I am very relieved they didn’t film our sobbing faces :lol3: but I LOVED that they captured the Banana’s On Tour and also Amy wearing her beautiful suit which she handcrafted herself. And all the other colourful people I could recognize in the public. Also the dancing in the fosse!! It was a typical Mika gig :wink2:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I’m so glad the wind didn’t affect the sound quality too much (you definitely could hear the wind from time to time, but more in a “ah it’s there” kind of way), I was a bit afraid it would.

Yes, and I am sure they can process the sound and erase the wind's sound from the recording, it ended up very smooth indeed.

24 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

What I also really liked was that I could now hear the nuances in the orchestra’s instruments much better, I very much enjoyed that. 

Oh, and the beautiful nuances of the sky during sunset, I didn't noticed it during the concert :original:

29 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Also, I am very relieved they didn’t film our sobbing faces :lol3:

Tears? what tears?? It was the wind blowing dust into our eyes! :shun:  :teehee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Also they fixed the little part in C’est La Vie where the choir didn’t set in right away, I’m actually quite impressed how that was done! I wonder if they used the audio recording from the soundcheck the day before, it’s entirely possible. 

During the gig , I thought that it was Mika who started too early . So, they maybe just erased the sound from his microphone for a few seconds .

If they'd use the soundcheck , it's strange that they didn't use it for "Je sais que je t'aime" when he clearly missed some words .

It's also possible to download the concert from The MikaWebsite here :

Vidéo : Mika en concert philharmonique aux Chorégies d'Orange 2024 - MikaWebsite[.Com!] - Le 1er site sur Mika en France

• Like 4

4 hours ago, carafon said:

During the gig , I thought that it was Mika who started too early

I also thought the same, I suppose it's less likely that an entire choir to make such a mistake. But they fixed it well :original:

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Can I just emphasize again that there were two heroes that night:

1) the lady holding the sheet music for Simon LeClerc;

2) Geraldine and her hairspray. Mika’s hair DID NOT MOVE 

yeees of courseee

Geraldine is magic with the hairspray c'est vrai :lol3:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Can I just emphasize again that there were two heroes that night:

2) Geraldine and her hairspray. Mika’s hair DID NOT MOVE :lol3:

2024_07.10France3_MikaenconcertphilharmoniqueauxChoriesdOrange-23_06_2024.thumb.jpg.40d7b7f4e1bdcc7e6ef848bfb28e38db.jpg

2) Geraldine and her hairspray. Mika’s hair DID NOT MOVE :mikadas:

2024_07.10France3_MikaenconcertphilharmoniqueauxChoriesdOrange-23_06.2024-1.thumb.jpg.cc02e13d0668c5168651941c6e49d6d3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I definitely prefer his hair when there's freedom for the curls. :teehee: Luckily Ida's hair wasn't sprayed that much, it looked awesome blown by the wind. :wub2: I didn't look over to her much at the gig, as Mika was right in front of me - but in the video I loved seeing the wind in her hair, and same for the musicians & choir. 

• Like 3

On 7/11/2024 at 3:32 PM, mellody said:

I definitely prefer his hair when there's freedom for the curls. :teehee: Luckily Ida's hair wasn't sprayed that much, it looked awesome blown by the wind. :wub2: I didn't look over to her much at the gig, as Mika was right in front of me - but in the video I loved seeing the wind in her hair, and same for the musicians & choir. 

I loved the wind. It suited the drama of the setting perfectly.

And I totally totally agree about the curls, but for his symphony concerts Mika seems to prefer his hair to be tamed. And his body. So contained. 
But fortunately for this one he didn’t totally tame himself. He was well behaved and a proper gent but more physical than in other such concert gigs, which I liked a lot.

I also felt like I could see his heart this time. He felt very emotionally present. His eye contact with the camera was intense. His performance of Last party totally grabbed my guts, although Hero was the song the audience seemed to find the most compelling, for obvious reasons. I love the knowing look Ida gave him when they kissed after Happy Ending.

And — What a hoot when he introduced Sheet Music Lady!!!!

my favorite part? How many people with gray hair were in the crowd!! It seemed like about a quarter of the audience was older folks, when they panned the crowd. Didn’t see as many in the closeups tho. I also adored that couple who were wrapped in each other’s arms after C’est la Vie, I think it was. Like they couldn’t believe where they were.

My second favorite thing was the party Mika—and his French audience—threw for Jane Birkin. It was wonderful. When they would not let the song end…his delight…the love …

I love Mika audiences. Of course this is only about the people that I see on videos, not close to what all you folks who see him live could say, but there is a personal interplay and responsiveness that is uniquely Mika. Not 7000 screaming cheering mob of fans, but people who specifically appreciate what they are hearing and their specific feelings about him. It’s very touching. 

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Like 5

On 7/11/2024 at 10:32 PM, mellody said:

I definitely prefer his hair when there's freedom for the curls.

Me too, I think it would look weird for a gig or festival to have his hair not moving at all, while he's running and jumping around. But I agree with @QueenBigFat, for a symphonic concert ( especially being recorded for TV), he looked impeccable that way, so dapper with that hairstyle and elegant suite :wub2:   Geraldine really did a great job!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, krysady said:

he looked impeccable that way, so dapper with that hairstyle and elegant suite :wub2:   Geraldine really did a great job!

At first I wasn’t sure how it was going to look on TV, because everyone’s hair was blowing in the wind except for Mika‘s, but it really was perfect when I rewatched the concert. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, carafon said:

Some snippets from the rearsals

We had a lot of fun despite the rain wind and cold 

Thank you so much! :flowers2: Aww, you really witnessed another full concert :wub2:

1 hour ago, krysady said:

Thank you so much! :flowers2: Aww, you really witnessed another full concert :wub2:

During the soundcheck we could already recognize 14 songs, it was such a nice preview to the next day, especially because you already meet a lot of MFCers there and you chat and listen and dream together about the concert! 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

During the soundcheck we could already recognize 14 songs, it was such a nice preview to the next day, especially because you already meet a lot of MFCers there and you chat and listen and dream together about the concert! 

I can imagine it was a really wonderful evening! I know it's not easy to organize, but I hope he will do more concerts in the future :crossed:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, krysady said:

I can imagine it was a really wonderful evening! I know it's not easy to organize, but I hope he will do more concerts in the future :crossed:

We spoke about this extensively afterwards, I totally agree!

• Like 2