2024 - Mika @ Rockwave Nights at Lycabettus Theatre, Athens, GREECE, 2 July REPORTS / VIDS / PICS

18 minutes ago, Hero said:

He's been living in Greece for 6 months per year since 2017? That doesn't sound right. Has he? :confused:

I mean I wouldn't look at this article as a reliable source since it calls Max "Mika's guitarist" in the very next sentence :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

12 hours ago, Hero said:

But the personal highlight for me... HE TOOK MY PHONE!!! THIS PHONE I'M HOLDING NOW, RIGHT NOW, WAS IN HIS BEAUTIFUL HANDS! :swoon:Its such a warm memory. I've never hugged a phone so much. :lol3: ❤️❤️❤️

Never ever buy a new phone! :mikalove: And don't clean it! :teehee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Hero said:

When he looked at it he had a little goofy giggle.

@Vero Bott Reminds me of our conversation in Orange, it is always the little giggle :lmfao:

@Hero Thank you for the detailed report! :biggrin2:

Edited by giraffeandy
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Reminds me of our conversation in Orange, it is always the little giggle :lmfao:

aaaah, yes, the magic of the cold-defeating, curb-hiding giggle! :lol3::lustslow:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Perdchen said:

Does anybody remember the full setlist?

It's not in the correct order but we had:

We Are Golden

Stuck In The Middle

Over My Shoulder

C'est la vie

Underwater

Big Girl

Origin Of Love

Ice Cream

Love Today

Happy Ending

Good Guys

Lollipop

Popular

Elle Me Dit

Grace Kelly

Relax

Billy Brown 

Yo-yo remix 

I hope I didn't miss anything

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Hero said:

He's been living in Greece for 6 months per year since 2017? That doesn't sound right. Has he? :confused:

Maybe it's supposed to say "half a month"? I can't read or understand any word of Greek, so I can't check... but I've realized from the interviews & articles that the auto translate function isn't as good with it as with French or Italian.

44 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

We Are Golden

Stuck In The Middle

Over My Shoulder

C'est la vie

Underwater

Big Girl

Origin Of Love

Ice Cream

Love Today

Happy Ending

Good Guys

Lollipop

Popular

Elle Me Dit

Grace Kelly

Relax

Billy Brown 

Yo-yo remix 

No Tiny Love then? Well, I wouldn't mind hearing SITM again either, but still hoping very much that he'll put Tiny Love on the setlist for the German gigs. :crossed:

And again, only EMD of the French songs, and just spontaneously deciding to add CLV as well. At least that, but really, I don't get it. Didn't he recently say in one of the interviews that he likes taking risks? Surely doesn't apply to his setlist - not even in a setting like this, where he's only playing to fans & friends.

I suppose he lost a lot of money because of the poor ticket sales, so the concert as such, at such a big venue, surely was a risk. Very glad for those who went that he didn't cancel. I read on social media that apparently they (the organizers I think?) had wanted him to but he said no.

Curious how it'll be at the 2 German gigs. They're pretty close to each other and the only promo he's done here is one interview with a local newspaper which is behind a paywall. As it's festivals, he probably won't have a choice if the organizers decide to cancel due to poor ticket sales. Maybe I'm worried for nothing, I don't know how the sales are going, after all he did sell Berlin without any promo. But most people don't travel for gigs, and Schwetzingen isn't Berlin... :dunno:

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Hero said:

I'll do a proper report later, still processing it all, but oh my gosh, what a night. So many good moments. Breaking the rules, looking like a Greek God, the last minute decision to sing and introductory talk for C'est La Vie, the mirror piano, antics with Max and Clement, Over My Shoulder! STUCK IN THE MIDDLE! Thought I'd missed my chance to hear that live, I'm so so pleased he did it! :lustslow::cloud:

But the personal highlight for me... HE TOOK MY PHONE!!! THIS PHONE I'M HOLDING NOW, RIGHT NOW, WAS IN HIS BEAUTIFUL HANDS! :swoon:Its such a warm memory. I've never hugged a phone so much. :lol3: ❤️❤️❤️

The proof.

Screenshot_20240704-094214.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Hero said:

OMG, thank youuuuu!!!! 😍🥰😘

You have to make a phone case with the photo! :lol3:

• Haha 9

52 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

You have to make a phone case with the photo! :lol3:

And for this, photoshop the picture onto the phone case in the photo. :naughty:

Submit Matt Groening GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

And ask him to sign it, his possible reaction

would be hilarious!

And take a photo of him while he is holding it! :biggrin2:

• Haha 7

Can I just say that I really love what he says before C’est La Vie? I really love love his story times. I also completely agree with his mum, that every person is responsible for their own joy, to stay colourful, to BE colourful, so you can stay creative with ideas and basically to not only live, but also be alive. No one can take that away from you.

I have to say the words “no one can take that away from you” hit me very hard. It’s what my parents and grandparents always told me, but they stressed on education (rather than creativity like Mika’s family).
My family fled communist China to build a better life in Europe, but everything was taken away from them - even their honour. But they had an education (no one can take away from you that is in your head, they would tell me) and could easily build a life for themselves and start over. 

“May your head always bloom” is such a powerful statement. 

• Like 12

5 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

We Are Golden

Stuck In The Middle

Over My Shoulder

C'est la vie

Underwater

Big Girl

Origin Of Love

Ice Cream

Love Today

Happy Ending

Good Guys

Lollipop

Popular

Elle Me Dit

Grace Kelly

Relax

Billy Brown 

Yo-yo remix 

Thank you!!! I love this setlist. I would have really liked to be there....!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Can I just say that I really love what he says before C’est La Vie? I really love love his story times. I also completely agree with his mum, that every person is responsible for their own joy, to stay colourful, to BE colourful, so you can stay creative with ideas and basically to not only live, but also be alive. No one can take that away from you.

I have to say the words “no one can take that away from you” hit me very hard. It’s what my parents and grandparents always told me, but they stressed on education (rather than creativity like Mika’s family).
My family fled communist China to build a better life in Europe, but everything was taken away from them - even their honour. But they had an education (no one can take away from you that is in your head, they would tell me) and could easily build a life for themselves and start over. 

“May your head always bloom” is such a powerful statement. 

You're not gonna believe it but while reading this and having Spotify on, I just heard Keane singing "nothing can take that away from me"... I mean, what are the chances?  :shocked:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/3/2024 at 9:06 PM, Kumazzz said:

He was what we call an "absolutely uncomplicated, super talented artist with big brains".

Now this is something I agree with the writer :teehee:

Edited by krysady
  • Like 3