2024 - Mika @ Kew The Music Festival, Kew Gardens, Richmond, UK, 9 July REPORTS / VIDS / PICS

Posted (edited)

:uk:

SETLIST

1. Ice Cream
  2. Origin of Love
  3. Lollipop
  4. Stuck in the Middle
  5. Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)
  6. Underwater
  7. Relax (Take It Easy)
  8. Good Guys
  9. Popular Song
  10. Billy Brown
  11. Elle me dit
  12. Grace Kelly
  13. Happy Ending
  14. Love Today

mikainstagram story on 17:00, 9 July

Mika posts IG story

450541119_18442911904004000_6293414749458797312_n.thumb.jpg.7ffc96fe63a67e39d4fdbf235a5adea8.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, silver said:

I hope it's been drier at Kew than it has been here (Devon)

It seems it was raining there too.

12 hours ago, silver said:

I hope it's been drier at Kew than it has been here (Devon)

We were absolutely drenched while queuing. Some very soggy fans. It cleared up a bit after the gates opened, but still kept drizzling on and off. 

• Sad 1

Is it correct ???

SETLIST

Club Apocalypso Intro

1. Ice Cream
  2. Origin of Love ( at the end Piano in )
  3. Stuck In The Middle ( during end piano out )
  4. Big Girl ( spoken intro )
  5. Underwater ( with string intro )
  6. Relax ( with short intro )
  7. Good Guys
  8. Popular ( during end piano in )
  9. Billy Brown
  10. Elle Me Dit ( drum intro )
  11. Grace Kelly ( at the end turn the piano )
  12. Happy Ending
  13. Love Today ( short intro )
  14. Any Other World
  15. We Are Golden

2024-07-10-kew.thumb.jpg.6e0f6608c8938d07062ae686e619eb1e.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kumazzz said:

Is it correct ???

SETLIST

Club Apocalypso Intro

1. Ice Cream
  2. Origin of Love ( at the end Piano in )
  3. Stuck In The Middle ( during end piano out )
  4. Big Girl ( spoken intro )
  5. Underwater ( with string intro )
  6. Relax ( with short intro )
  7. Good Guys
  8. Popular ( during end piano in )
  9. Billy Brown
  10. Elle Me Dit ( drum intro )
  11. Grace Kelly ( at the end turn the piano )
  12. Happy Ending
  13. Love Today ( short intro )
  14. Any Other World
  15. We Are Golden

2024-07-10-kew.thumb.jpg.6e0f6608c8938d07062ae686e619eb1e.jpg

Yes, but we didn't have AOW or WAG. He finished on Love Today, as we were at the 10.30pm curfew.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Many thanks to the security guys who kindly picked up the flowers that had been thrown from stage, and passed them out to eager fans. :lustslow:

20240710_140445.thumb.jpg.882aa7be9044e2de25e32ee2c73132ff.jpg

• Like 6

i currently have no words to describe last night as i am still processing the whole thing! i will try and write something up soon but i just wanted to pop on here and say thank you to everyone that took part in the bubble blowing! it was truly magical and certainly put a giant smile on mine and mika’s face🥹🫧🫶🏼

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, jord1012 said:

i currently have no words to describe last night as i am still processing the whole thing! i will try and write something up soon but i just wanted to pop on here and say thank you to everyone that took part in the bubble blowing! it was truly magical and certainly put a giant smile on mine and mika’s face🥹🫧🫶🏼

It worked brilliantly, he loved it! Proud to be your bubble people. 😄🩷

• Like 1

What a night! Everything - apart from the weather was wonderful about yesterday. The atmosphere was electrifying and I’m sure it boosted Mika’s confidence in the UK audience - it was a festival, so not typically his die-hard fans, yet everyone sang and danced like there was no tomorrow. I loved the stage come back of Stuck In The Middle so much! When Mika disappeared in the crowd during Big Girl, we (I was in the front row) were a bit concerned after a while, as he was nowhere to be seen and his microphone went quiet. After what seemed like an eternity he appeared on the screens again and came back on stage laughing (and with very muddy trousers) and saying that going through the picnic crowd was one of the hardest things he had ever done in his life😂
There were so many beautiful moments yesterday - the bubbles during Underwater and Mika’s thanks to Jordan. The way he spoke about his mother - and he started that by asking the audience if we ever had a mother, which broke my heart… Good Guys, dedicated to Scott Mills who was in the audience (as was apparently Mika’s whole family). 
For me it was special on another level too. My friend Aga who lives in Egypt was there with me (she came especially to this concert) and this time everything worked out perfectly with flights and timings (two years ago she didn’t make The Roundhouse due to cancelled flights, so this time I was thrilled for both of us to experience this show from right in front of the stage).

I’m still on Mika high and I hope with his new UK popularity he’ll come back here very soon. I can’t wait to see where Mika takes us next, as we’re all already on another beautiful planet with him☺️❤️

One more thing: as a flight attendant I couldn’t stop laughing when Mika was making references to the many planes flying above us (Kew Gardens are almost right next to Heathrow Airport). He said “hello plane” when he heard the first one☺️ Then, he told us to sing so loud that the people on the plane can hear us😂❤️✈️ Later, during Underwater he told us to sing so loud that we scare the plane (there was another one approaching)😂✈️ These spontaneous conversations he makes with us add extra value to every concert. It’s thousands of people in front of him, yet he speaks to us as to individuals. It’s all very beautiful and touching. 

IMG_9371.jpeg

IMG_9382.jpeg

IMG_9391.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Hero said:

Many thanks to the security guys who kindly picked up the flowers that had been thrown from stage, and passed them out to eager fans. :lustslow:

20240710_140445.thumb.jpg.882aa7be9044e2de25e32ee2c73132ff.jpg

Yes, so nice of the security guards! I have a few of those too☺️🌸🌺🌼

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SusanT said:

I'm not at home so I'll just give you the link to this very positive review of Mika's gig. :)  (I wasn't at Kew by the way)

https://www.theupcoming.co.uk/2024/07/10/mika-at-kew-the-music-live-review/

Thanks a lot for posting !

REVIEW

The Upcoming UK

Mika at Kew the Music

A ticket for one of Mika’s concerts is a ticket for a guaranteed flamboyant party. The Club Apocalypso tour, two months of summer shows in countries such as France, Greece and so on, stops as well in London, at Kew Gardens, an area around where the artist grew up. There are various anecdotes that the singer scatters throughout the playlist, linked to long days in the park and first recordings in a makeshift studio recovered from a garage. The mood is always kept high: nostalgic moments and reflective thoughts out loud pepper an irresistible flow of vitality and enthusiasm.

In the words of Mika, remembering a piece of advice from his mother: “When you’re sad, you should dance to happy music.” And well in line with this mantra, the gig is the perfect antidote for the wintry July days. The rain seems to stop just in time for the bombastic opening of Ice Cream, with the crowd immediately joining in shaking off and raising hands at the rhythm of the band. Origin of Love introduces strong pumping drums and outlandish energy delivered by Mika, while Dalí-esque funky animations run in the background. The party fully rocks in with Lollipop. And while the singer quickly runs backstage for the first of several sparkling and vibrant outfit changes, Queen Big presents the butterfly lounge: Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) is a joyous hymn, an extravaganza of movements and release. For this one, Mika doesn’t simply get down from the stage, he makes a deep dive and spends over half of the song dancing among his fans, even reaching the first rows of the picnic area of the field.

The tone changes with Underwater, a number in appearance less extravagant, slower, but that resonates with verve. In addition to the enviable bouncy spirit and stamina, Mika masters an incredible vocal virtuosity, famously marked by sustained and varied falsetto. His performance of almost two hours doesn’t dwindle for one single moment; his engaging spoken entertainment, active presence and engagement with concertgoers make his live shows unmissable events.

Advancing through Billy Brown and Elle Me Dit, strongly connected to and reminiscent of relevant characters in the life of the artist, the last part of the set is a trio of powerful pop hits: rainbow-themed Grace Kelly, which causes the terrain to tremble beneath the feet of the audience from the jumping, Happy Ending, likely the most melancholic and at the same time the most potent in its long, high-pitched lines, and Love Today.

There’s no forced positivism or cloying sentimentality: cheerfulness, fun and irresistible bangers are all that are needed for an insanely enjoyable evening.

Mika-at-Kew-The-Music-Virginie-Viche-The-Upcoming-1.thumb.jpg.3b2a7436413bd14045225490a6561baf.jpg

Mika-at-Kew-The-Music-Virginie-Viche-The-Upcoming-2.thumb.jpg.483acfe2e540936f17030e0c46741cd6.jpg

Mika-at-Kew-The-Music-Virginie-Viche-The-Upcoming-3.thumb.jpg.02299470c4f0f0c64af6750abcb9e458.jpg

Mika-at-Kew-The-Music-Virginie-Viche-The-Upcoming-4.thumb.jpg.33dd939d6e1ab325918794fece9a420e.jpg

Mika-at-Kew-The-Music-Virginie-Viche-The-Upcoming-5.thumb.jpg.1783cfb4824acfcc22d2bee1022e1e41.jpg

Mika-at-Kew-The-Music-Virginie-Viche-The-Upcoming-6.thumb.jpg.f74c34e6e0ce7719bd3e807df66ebea8.jpg

Mika-at-Kew-The-Music-Virginie-Viche-The-Upcoming-7.thumb.jpg.9b1dbf1fe1b5de83801563e4aaae8479.jpg

Mika-at-Kew-The-Music-Virginie-Viche-The-Upcoming-8.thumb.jpg.1deb7d3a6b5840cc48a5d27bb8033b6d.jpg

Mika-at-Kew-The-Music-Virginie-Viche-The-Upcoming-9.thumb.jpg.cbf9140219fcc822f0efea2f67ed25cd.jpg

Mika-at-Kew-The-Music-Virginie-Viche-The-Upcoming-10.thumb.jpg.20205380a34f962bf9d7941a2e409688.jpg

Mika-at-Kew-The-Music-Virginie-Viche-The-Upcoming-11.thumb.jpg.963bd1f63903ea95c8ba25c7c354fa6a.jpg

Mika-at-Kew-The-Music-Virginie-Viche-The-Upcoming-12.thumb.jpg.8781926339f5200ed69fc03e20967b48.jpg

Mika-at-Kew-The-Music-Virginie-Viche-The-Upcoming-13.thumb.jpg.68bd21987052edaf5aefe52c365f4288.jpg

Mika-at-Kew-The-Music-Virginie-Viche-The-Upcoming-14.thumb.jpg.15ac638a1bbcd461a4e34438c2458d98.jpg

Mika-at-Kew-The-Music-Virginie-Viche-The-Upcoming-15.thumb.jpg.9dc2b5a13b8e27a06befb88c72e126af.jpg

Mika-at-Kew-The-Music-Virginie-Viche-The-Upcoming-16.thumb.jpg.4f4a304039720de77afcd53ea7f8d9a9.jpg

• Like 2

MaxPPP Agency

INSTAGRAM

https://www.instagram.com/p/C9Pfsw1hk23/

MIKA en concert à Londres avant d'enflammer les scènes du Sud de la France ! MIKA #photos #concert #music #mika

©Justin Ng / Avalon/PHOTOSHOT/MAXPPP

Hier soir, MIKA a ébloui le public des Kew Gardens de Londres où il a livré une performance mémorable. Dès « Grace Kelly », la foule a été enflammée. MIKA a enchaîné avec ses plus grands succès. « Relax, Take It Easy » et « Lollipop » ont été particulièrement acclamés.

L'artiste a ajouté des arrangements orchestraux sublimes. Son énergie et son charme ont conquis tous les spectateurs. Le concert s'est terminé avec un medley impressionnant. Les fans sont repartis avec des étoiles plein les yeux. MIKA a confirmé son statut de showman exceptionnel.

Les Déferlantes Sud de France accueille Mika ce 12 juillet.

L'artiste se produira ensuite le 13 à Rodez et le 25 à Carcassonne !

MIKA in concert in London before setting the stages of the South of France on fire! MIKA #photos #concert #music #mika

©Justin Ng / Avalon/PHOTOSHOT/MAXPPP

Last night, MIKA dazzled the audience at Kew Gardens in London where he delivered a memorable performance. From “Grace Kelly”, the crowd was fired up. MIKA continued with his greatest hits. “Relax, Take It Easy” and “Lollipop” were particularly acclaimed.

The artist added sublime orchestral arrangements. His energy and charm won over all the spectators. The concert ended with an impressive medley. The fans left with stars in their eyes. MIKA confirmed his status as an exceptional showman.

Les Déferlantes Sud de France welcomes Mika this July 12.

The artist will then perform on the 13th in Rodez and on the 25th in Carcassonne!

YouTube

X

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

Thanks a lot for posting !

REVIEW

The Upcoming UK

Mika at Kew the Music

A ticket for one of Mika’s concerts is a ticket for a guaranteed flamboyant party. The Club Apocalypso tour, two months of summer shows in countries such as France, Greece and so on, stops as well in London, at Kew Gardens, an area around where the artist grew up. There are various anecdotes that the singer scatters throughout the playlist, linked to long days in the park and first recordings in a makeshift studio recovered from a garage. The mood is always kept high: nostalgic moments and reflective thoughts out loud pepper an irresistible flow of vitality and enthusiasm.

In the words of Mika, remembering a piece of advice from his mother: “When you’re sad, you should dance to happy music.” And well in line with this mantra, the gig is the perfect antidote for the wintry July days. The rain seems to stop just in time for the bombastic opening of Ice Cream, with the crowd immediately joining in shaking off and raising hands at the rhythm of the band. Origin of Love introduces strong pumping drums and outlandish energy delivered by Mika, while Dalí-esque funky animations run in the background. The party fully rocks in with Lollipop. And while the singer quickly runs backstage for the first of several sparkling and vibrant outfit changes, Queen Big presents the butterfly lounge: Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) is a joyous hymn, an extravaganza of movements and release. For this one, Mika doesn’t simply get down from the stage, he makes a deep dive and spends over half of the song dancing among his fans, even reaching the first rows of the picnic area of the field.

The tone changes with Underwater, a number in appearance less extravagant, slower, but that resonates with verve. In addition to the enviable bouncy spirit and stamina, Mika masters an incredible vocal virtuosity, famously marked by sustained and varied falsetto. His performance of almost two hours doesn’t dwindle for one single moment; his engaging spoken entertainment, active presence and engagement with concertgoers make his live shows unmissable events.

Advancing through Billy Brown and Elle Me Dit, strongly connected to and reminiscent of relevant characters in the life of the artist, the last part of the set is a trio of powerful pop hits: rainbow-themed Grace Kelly, which causes the terrain to tremble beneath the feet of the audience from the jumping, Happy Ending, likely the most melancholic and at the same time the most potent in its long, high-pitched lines, and Love Today.

There’s no forced positivism or cloying sentimentality: cheerfulness, fun and irresistible bangers are all that are needed for an insanely enjoyable evening.

Mika-at-Kew-The-Music-Virginie-Viche-The-Upcoming-1.thumb.jpg.3b2a7436413bd14045225490a6561baf.jpg

Mika-at-Kew-The-Music-Virginie-Viche-The-Upcoming-2.thumb.jpg.483acfe2e540936f17030e0c46741cd6.jpg

Mika-at-Kew-The-Music-Virginie-Viche-The-Upcoming-3.thumb.jpg.02299470c4f0f0c64af6750abcb9e458.jpg

Mika-at-Kew-The-Music-Virginie-Viche-The-Upcoming-4.thumb.jpg.33dd939d6e1ab325918794fece9a420e.jpg

Mika-at-Kew-The-Music-Virginie-Viche-The-Upcoming-5.thumb.jpg.1783cfb4824acfcc22d2bee1022e1e41.jpg

Mika-at-Kew-The-Music-Virginie-Viche-The-Upcoming-6.thumb.jpg.f74c34e6e0ce7719bd3e807df66ebea8.jpg

Mika-at-Kew-The-Music-Virginie-Viche-The-Upcoming-7.thumb.jpg.9b1dbf1fe1b5de83801563e4aaae8479.jpg

Mika-at-Kew-The-Music-Virginie-Viche-The-Upcoming-8.thumb.jpg.1deb7d3a6b5840cc48a5d27bb8033b6d.jpg

Mika-at-Kew-The-Music-Virginie-Viche-The-Upcoming-9.thumb.jpg.cbf9140219fcc822f0efea2f67ed25cd.jpg

Mika-at-Kew-The-Music-Virginie-Viche-The-Upcoming-10.thumb.jpg.20205380a34f962bf9d7941a2e409688.jpg

Mika-at-Kew-The-Music-Virginie-Viche-The-Upcoming-11.thumb.jpg.963bd1f63903ea95c8ba25c7c354fa6a.jpg

Mika-at-Kew-The-Music-Virginie-Viche-The-Upcoming-12.thumb.jpg.8781926339f5200ed69fc03e20967b48.jpg

Mika-at-Kew-The-Music-Virginie-Viche-The-Upcoming-13.thumb.jpg.68bd21987052edaf5aefe52c365f4288.jpg

Mika-at-Kew-The-Music-Virginie-Viche-The-Upcoming-14.thumb.jpg.15ac638a1bbcd461a4e34438c2458d98.jpg

Mika-at-Kew-The-Music-Virginie-Viche-The-Upcoming-15.thumb.jpg.9dc2b5a13b8e27a06befb88c72e126af.jpg

Mika-at-Kew-The-Music-Virginie-Viche-The-Upcoming-16.thumb.jpg.4f4a304039720de77afcd53ea7f8d9a9.jpg

I know I'm not the only one, but I have questions about the design choice of that suit... 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I know I'm not the only one, but I have questions about the design choice of that suit... 😅

He was obviously paying tribute to Kew with a design honouring the Palm House :mf_rosetinted:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

REVIEW

Renowned for Sound
https://renownedforsound.com/live-review-mika-9th-july-2024-kew-the-music-london-uk/

Live Review: MIKA – 9th July 2024 – Kew The Music, London, UK

Singer, pianist, Eurovision host, model, presenter and all round loveable queer entertainer Mika made a very welcomed return to London last night as the remarkably tall musician was the latest to headline this year’s outdoor series, Kew The Music.

“I have one responsibility, after you’ve spent so many hours in the rain, to raise the temperature”, Mika told his audience early into last night’s colourful set following bouncy performances of the quirky and camp Ice Cream and catchy Origin of Love as part of the singers Club Apocalypso tour stop.

Dressed sharply in a marijuana leaf printed suit, the singer told the crowd, “If we’re in a botanical garden, surrounded by plants, you might as well wear them too,” drawing attention to his attire and getting a big cheer from fans that either crammed as close to the outdoor stage as possible, or sat on dampened picnic blankets in the general admission area of the garden space.

Career staples Lollipop, with its slightly risqué lyrics and equally risqué images of giant lips swallowing bananas on the big screen, and Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) were early highlights in the musicians set; the latter seeing the star swap suits for a purple and yellow number before delivering a pitch perfect rendition of the motivational and self-loving hit as he stepped into the crowd and danced his way to the back of the main standing section while fans all around scrambled to record the energetic moment from the eccentric performer.

A downtempo performance of Underwater gave the audience to try out their singing chops and provide a backing to Mika’s swaying vocals on the cinematic ballad before personal favourite Relax (Take It Easy) turned the park into a flamboyant and vibrantly colourful club with its catchy melody and thumping rhythm.

“When you’re sad, you should dance to happy music.” Mika told the crowd and happy music was exactly what the superstar filled his set with the slow but optimistic Happy Ending, showing off the singers seasoned falsetto after offering up a stellar version of signature hit, Grace Kelly and closing the set with a punchy encore of the bouncy Love Today.

Last nights show was not just one from a pop star. Mika showed off his skills as a top tier entertainer that boasts positivity and optimism. Even under the grey London skies and frequent passing planes overhead, he finds an anecdote that both inspires and ignites joy in his listeners and those in attendance at last night’s incredible Kew The Music spectacle which he turned into a real-life Butterfly Lounge where everyone could be themselves.

Setlist:

• Ice Cream
  • Origin of Love
  • Lollipop
  • Stuck in the Middle
  • Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)
  • Underwater
  • Relax (Take It Easy)
  • Good Guys
  • Popular Song
  • Billy Brown
  • Elle me dit
  • Grace Kelly
  • Happy Ending

Encore:

• Love Today

Mika-1.thumb.jpg.ae95e94ea6a4acd48be7cb3c15ef523e.jpg

Mika-3.thumb.jpg.39191366be6de2318c3e4912ebee99d2.jpg

Mika-2-1.thumb.jpg.1cb6b2d83c726893089595b4350b252c.jpg

Mika-4.thumb.jpg.b9b19e9a4164adaf286a5d4a3b54cc0a.jpg

• Like 1

Picture Alliance

https://www.picture-alliance.com/search/images?sort=dateCreated&sortDirection=desc&searchTerm=Mika Kew The Music

Mika (born Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr.) performs at Kew The Music at Kew Gardens in London, England, UK on Tuesday 9 July 2024., Credit:Justin Ng / Avalon

2024-07-10-kew.thumb.jpg.57d323305c6858e2f9d5adf5549bc141.jpg

:das:

471887443.thumb.jpg.178e66529f202430ca9ca8d27dd23c62.jpg

471887431.thumb.jpg.d7311e5486ca7734b044cf2bd670b3f2.jpg

471887446.thumb.jpg.0a26bee3c9cc9ff9ecf7348545867efc.jpg

471887530.thumb.jpg.5ba08c355ff1857f32df9e61213084e2.jpg

471887494.thumb.jpg.53b34f6a6df9d35472cec02f45207144.jpg

471887452.thumb.jpg.1655bf1b5b716ea3f6a6fbea8f473cad.jpg

471887449.thumb.jpg.e472094522c48c9cd9e3d07e1fe4d5f1.jpg

471887503.thumb.jpg.e6da8455024ebd43374fd745c0c8a5ad.jpg

471887518.thumb.jpg.e6f8d9563a36a133e6ae1eabb38b4af3.jpg

471887440.thumb.jpg.fb78219bb0a62c8d74f712c5bf2f577d.jpg