2024 - Mika @ KUNST!RASEN Bonn, GERMANY, 29 July REPORTS / VIDS / PICS

19 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

He is going to kill all of us for spreading it online, but as I was thoroughly enjoying all the reports and videos from a distance, I found it!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C-DmzQft-3a/?igsh=MTFnYXM4bWhoY21lcA==

That really is hilarious, thank you! 😂

Eeyore really is the best, but let's not start putting prozac in miserable donkeys, long live Eeyore just the way he is!

• Like 4

There is nothing more to say, the Show was incredible! 😍 

Thanks to @mellodyfor organize the queueing so well! My family and me enjoyed the guitar session under the trees, it had a little Woodstock feeling. 😊

It was so nice to meet the same people we already saw in Brussels and Berlin. 

Nice talks, new friends, everything was so peaceful. 

It was my fourth Mika concert and although I think that every single was special, I have to say, that this one in Bonn was very extraordinary to me. 

❤️

Edited by Tanja Moulton
typo
  • Like 8

Jazz and Rock.com

https://jazzandrock.com/100-minuten-2000-fans-auf-dem-kunstrasen-bonn-eine-tolle-show/

30/07/2024

100 Minuten knatsch buntes Leben: Mika präsentiert 2000 Fans auf dem KunstRasen Bonn eine tolle Show

( 100 minutes of colourful life: Mika presents a great show to 2000 fans on the KunstRasen Bonn )

What a fantastic show! What a fantastic entertainer! Around 2000 fans experienced a colorful, extremely entertaining concert on Monday evening at the KunstRasen Bonn . The British singer and songwriter Mika is known for his lively, colorful pop music, but the carefree and extremely likeable way in which he presents his mixture of pop, glam rock and sometimes operatic elements is simply captivating and enthralling. And his fans were also worth experiencing this concert. The way they join in, the way they celebrate, the way they complete his songs - that should also delight many a Swiftie.

Mika's world is extremely colorful. Bright colors, funny characters, and screaming effects are his thing. The whole show is a kaleidoscope of audiovisual experiences. The lettering in the background glows neon green, and red letters surrounded by white lightning form the name of "Club Apocalypso," which Mika invites us into. He himself is wearing a light blue suit with white lucky clovers as he steps onto the stage and sings an almost Prince-like version of "Ice Cream." The holiday feeling was there immediately, annoying thoughts immediately gone.

“Origin of Love”

The huge screen in the background forms something like a comic backdrop for a 40-year-old man who is still a child at play, who still has the innocent imagination of a growing up. Perhaps it is precisely this positive, crazy energy that he radiates that his fans love so much. Even a supernova leaves behind neither gigantic debris nor a black hole, but creates a new universe - in the shape of a heart. Mika manages to offer a unique mix of fun, depth and artistic integrity, both musically and lyrically. His music and his shows are a celebration of life and diversity.

He sits carefree at the edge of the stage during "Origin of Love" while huge rose petals drift apart and green UFOs land in the background. Cosmic nebulae and star clusters exude the beauty of infinity while Mika celebrates love in the front. Purple figures with huge red kissing mouths jump around in the background like in a children's holiday disco to "Lollipop" and hypnotic circles serve as eyes in "Stuck in the Middle".

“Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)”

During “Big Girl (You Are Beautiful),” a song that advocates body positivity and self-love, he is now wearing a suit made of fiery red, yellow and pink and is walking through the middle of the audience.

Gray clouds move away and we dive into an underworld full of marble columns and beautiful sculptures. "Underwater" is a soulful ballad that is characterized by its calm and moving atmosphere. The song begins with a gentle piano accompanied by a quiet orchestration. Mika's singing is particularly noteworthy here. He sings with a lot of emotion and expressiveness, which gives the song an intimate and touching note. In general, it is fascinating what vocal range the man has, with what ease he switches from high registers in the head voice to low registers.

“Underwater”

"Underwater" is a song that metaphorically explores the depth of feelings and emotions. The song is about a deep, all-encompassing love that pulls the singer "underwater." This metaphor represents the overwhelming nature of strong emotions. The feeling of being underwater can also be seen as a symbol of diving into the depths of one's own emotions and surrendering to someone else: "You're just a ghost of blissful feelings, a cloud of smoke that I keep breathing," it says, for example. And: "Diving, and as we fall, the water makes us whole."

“This is the coolest and weirdest thing that ever happened”

Afterwards: party atmosphere during "Relax", arms waving back and forth, a huge dancing crowd. After that, the star had an "important question". Now he would like a Kölsch. And indeed, a young woman with a glass of Kölsch ran up to the stage from behind and brought the visibly surprised singer a glass of Kölsch: "This is the coolest and weirdest thing that ever happened," he shouted, enjoying the cold Kölsch, before announcing a song about his youthful heroes: "Good Guys" is an anthemic pop song, made for a warm summer evening. During "Billy Brown" he sits at the piano in front of a 3D forest backdrop, while the landscape behind him slowly changes and planets flow into one another.

Dressed all in white with a huge flower on his lapel, he then appears from the side of the stage during "Elle Mi Dit", colorful rainbows grow above him during "Grace Kelly", a wonderful and powerful statement about self-acceptance and individuality. The beautiful ballad "Happy Ending" is my favorite of the evening, this positively melancholic song about the end of a relationship lives from the singer's great vocal control and deep feelings. At the end he kneels at the edge of the stage and covers himself with countless colorful flowers. With "Love Today", an optimistic, happy song that celebrates life and love, he sends us off into the night, bare-chested and visibly exhausted. "Yo Yo", the R3hab remix, plays from offstage.

04-1-678x381.thumb.jpg.f5625347e8370fe3fb12c212c8b20718.jpg

more 10 PICS

Spoiler

11-1024x683.thumb.jpg.4f2d075072e115ac5431026ab5b05068.jpg

10-1-1024x683.thumb.jpg.846859d10fe57534f79d4c6f107665b7.jpg

13-1-1024x683.thumb.jpg.fe36fe74c9deec447ccb1a886d9c27a5.jpg

09-2-1024x683.thumb.jpg.d153251281e3b80eff0f94a38288fb32.jpg

12-1024x683.thumb.jpg.3520b897c61148a145a58b4d12b78cc9.jpg

08-1-1024x683.thumb.jpg.f020a0b85466c6c2737bfc9ba6d9cf1f.jpg

07-2-1024x683.thumb.jpg.0c3787b293561dec6a47fdad4878a7d4.jpg

06-1-1024x683.thumb.jpg.baea76df10e34c459b4f144a88123b20.jpg

01-2-1024x683.thumb.jpg.cc0670f1b6778d7ac335ea80d9b5b4a7.jpg

02-2-1024x683.thumb.jpg.113b1cd9d3f6e4446514df56cb29ccbc.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kumazzz said:

"You're just a ghost of blissful feelings, a cloud of smoke that I keep breathing," it says, for example. And: "Diving, and as we fall, the water makes us whole."

Nice review, but they could've looked up the correct lyrics for Underwater online. :facepalm: I get that they're a bit abstract and maybe hard to understand live, especially if English isn't your first language - but I've never seen anyone get them SO wrong! :lmfao:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I love this review! It is even more complimentary than the preceding one.  😍

I believe the journalist is one of the few reviewers who describes the background visuals in detail. I also like his remarks about  the songs and Mika's vocals.

My favorite comment:

"Mika manages to offer a unique mix of fun, depth and artistic integrity, both musically and lyrically."

Edited by SusanT
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Nice review, but they could've looked up the correct lyrics for Underwater online. :facepalm: I get that they're a bit abstract and maybe hard to understand live, especially if English isn't your first language - but I've never seen anyone get them SO wrong! :lmfao:

Soo weird how he came up with those ones though!!
I actually googled them because I thought they sounded way too specific.

2 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

"You're just a ghost of blissful feelings, a cloud of smoke that I keep breathing,"

This one is actually a lyric from a song called Smoke by PVRIS.

The other one I couldn't find. How bizarre!! :D

• Haha 1

What a wonderful gig ! :lustslow: I enjoyed every single moment of it. One of my favourites of the Summer for sure, and my last one for now; I couldn't have asked for a better ending.

I've already asked a few people around but if someone has a video of when Mika gets back to the barrier at the end of Big Girl, I would love to see it as he was just next to me (and 'used' me to lift his body over the barrier :aah:)  Thanks :)

• Like 5

3 hours ago, camille* said:

I've already asked a few people around but if someone has a video of when Mika gets back to the barrier at the end of Big Girl, I would love to see it as he was just next to me (and 'used' me to lift his body over the barrier :aah:)  Thanks :)

I have a very short video from Mika getting back to the barrier.

@camille*But as I was standing right behind you, so I only filmed your back. But you can see him using you as a support to lift himself over the barrier.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Nessaja said:

I have a very short video from Mika getting back to the barrier.

@camille*But as I was standing right behind you, so I only filmed your back. But you can see him using you as a support to lift himself over the barrier.

Oh thank you so much ! :flowers2:  Absolutely what I was looking for :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

By the way, regarding the glowstick fan action: As I had placed myself a bit away from the stage, in a group of more or less ‚innocent bystanders‘, some very strange looks were thrown at me once I feverishly waved my two glowsticks during ‚Grace Kelly‘ :lol3:

But I was able to see all these glowstick flowers closer to the stage, and that looked really beautiful even though the sun hadn‘t set fully yet!

• Like 2

The show was amazing!!!  And Bonn is not far from my hometown when you go by car or train. So we  came from home to the venue, a lovely place Again with me my younger sister and one of my nieces. We arrive  in the  afternoon and first a happy hello to familiar faces. By the way, thanks so much, we got queue nummbers as well. :hug:We were talking  by a relaxed waiting.  The entrance worked well and to our luck we could stand frontrow, not with my friends from MFC, on the other side. We joined every minute, every song, danced, laughed. I will not forget that evening, even the great time this year with my friends during the tour. Thanks so much, girls , love you. Now the adventure is over for this season, lokking forward for new ones someday , always with a smile on my face what have been. And a big thank to Mika and his team of course, you did it

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Minuten Musik

https://minutenmusik.de/konzertbericht/mika-kunstrasen-bonn-29-07-2024

31. Juli 2024

Mika, Kunst!Rasen Bonn, 29.07.2024

Wie zufrieden man am Ende mit einem Konzert ist, hängt von zig Faktoren ab. Sound, Publikum, Location, Motivation der Künstler*innen, Begleitung. Ein Stück weit sogar von der eigenen Laune. Aber ganz ehrlich: Kann man nach dem Mika-Gig in Bonn überhaupt irgendwie schlecht gelaunt oder enttäuscht nach Hause? We doubt it.

Mika. Das ist schon eine Weile her. Deswegen kurze Auffrischung: Der im Libanon geborene Michael Holbrook Penniman hat eine libanesische Mama und einen amerikanischen Papa. Schon als Kleinkind geht es für die Familie schnell über Paris nach London. Mit elf Jahren spielt der talentierte Junge in einer Oper im Royal Opera House mit, mit 19 geht’s ab ans Royal College of Music und mit 23 schließlich in die Charts. Bereits die erste Single „Relax, Take It Easy“ wird 2006 zum Radiohit in der Heimat und kurz darauf europaweit. Auch der Nachfolger „Grace Kelly“ – bei uns übrigens in umgekehrter Reihenfolge erschienen – geht in alle Gehörgänge. Es regnet nur so voller positiver Kritiken, das Debütalbum „Life in Cartoon Motion“ wird mehrfach mit Platin ausgezeichnet und verkauft sich über vier Millionen Mal. Der heiß ersehnte Nachfolger „The Boy Who Knew Too Much“ bleibt allerdings ein wenig hinter den Erwartungen zurück – und ab dem dritten Album „The Origin of Love“ sinkt das Interesse kontinuierlich.

Zumindest bei uns. Sowohl in Frankreich, aber noch mehr in Italien gehört Mika weiterhin zu den absoluten Megastars, war in TV-Shows wie „X-Factor“ und „The Voice“ als Juror geladen und durfte sogar 2022 den Eurovision Song Contest in Turin mitmoderieren. Mika nimmt sogar ein ganzes Album auf Französisch auf. Allerdings scheint er für das deutsche Publikum schnell auserzählt zu sein, was man einerseits an den Verkäufen, andererseits aber auch schlussfolgernd an den Auftritten des fast 41-jährigen Künstlers erkennt: Spielte man anfangs in NRW zweimal in der Philipshalle in Düsseldorf – heute die Mitsubishi – gab es auf der letzten Tour nur noch die Kantine in Köln, und das war 2012. Seitdem warten die Fans im bevölkerungsstärksten Bundesland und auch im restlichen Deutschland auf eine Rückkehr.

Doch 2024 ist eine gute Zeit, um Verkaufszahlen ein wenig zu ignorieren und einfach auf ein treues Publikum von Damals zu setzen. Die 00er sind zurück und gelten als Retro, Mika war es ja mit seinem Stil damals schon. Wenn also nicht jetzt, wann dann? Lief die Comebackshow im April in Berlin schon ordentlich, geht es im Sommer nun noch auf zwei Open-Air-Bühnen. Erst auf den Kunst!Rasen nach Bonn, um doch noch mal NRW Hi zu sagen, und wenige Tage danach ins Schloss Schwetzingen. Hätte man so wohl vorher auch nicht erraten.

Der Kunst!Rasen ist seit einigen Jahren eine echt gute Adresse für Acts, die man ansonsten eher selten zu Gesicht bekommt. Gar nicht mal so selten finden hier sogar exklusive NRW-Gigs statt. Auch 2024 ist das Line-Up wieder wild, aber dadurch auch spannend. Kommt man am Montag, dem 29.7., auf das große Wiesengelände, wird die Vorfreude arg gedrosselt: Nicht einmal der Front-of-Stage-Bereich ist ausverkauft, und der kostet nur 10 Euro mehr als die normale Stehkarte und ist oftmals nach kurzer Zeit vergriffen. Doch nix. Eigentlich ist hier Platz für 10.000 Besucher*innen, geschätzt dürften hier aber allerhöchstens 1500 stehen. Hart.

Bereits um 19 Uhr spielt Jaimi Faulkner ein richtig nettes Vorprogramm. Der Australier, der aber schon viele Jahre in Deutschland lebt, spielt schön beschwingten und gut gelaunten Singer/Songwriter-Pop, der nicht die Welt verändert, aber auf jeden Fall angenehm ins Ohr geht. Dabei kommuniziert er viel mit dem Publikum und macht seine 35 Minuten zu einem sympathischen Opening, wie man es an einem Sommerabend gut gebrauchen kann.

Mit gerade einmal drei Minuten Verspätung geht es für Mika um kurz nach 20 Uhr los. Allerspätestens jetzt wird man an zwei Mankos des Kunst!Rasen erinnert. Das erste ist die Uhrzeit, schließlich ist 20 Uhr für ein Open-Air-Konzert ganz schön früh und somit auch ganz schön hell. Wesentlich problematischer ist aber die Tatsache, dass die Musik hier nicht so laut aufgedreht werden darf, was einfach ein Stück Spaß nimmt. Es muss ja nicht direkt in den Ohren wehtun, wenn man sich aber noch in normaler Lautstärke unterhalten kann oder ein normales Mitsingen vom Umfeld lauter wahrgenommen wird als der Act selbst, ist das eindeutig zu leise.

Wenig Menschen, nicht wirklich laute Musik – ein Trauerspiel? Glücklicherweise kommt aus den Boxen nach einigen Minuten doch etwas mehr, sodass die Songs gut abgenommen und gepegelt, aber auch akzeptabel laut daherkommen – das Problem mit dem Mini-Publikum wird aber nach einem, spätestens zwei Tracks von Mika so wegentertaint, dass es komplett egal ist, ob da nun 1000, 10.000 oder auch nur 10 Fans vor ihm stehen. Mit einem unerschütterlichen Elan und einer völlig übersprudelnden Lebensfreude wird der 100-minütige Auftritt schnell zu einem richtigen Highlight im Konzertejahr 2024.

Mikas Musik klingt wie ein Bonbonladen. In der Show wird sie aber dank guter vierköpfiger Band in Standardbesetzung Bass, Drums, Keys und Guitarre, ziemlich irren Comic-Visuals und einem schlichtweg hervorragenden Frontmann zum wahr gewordenen Schlaraffenland. Die Stärke der Show ist zweifelsfrei der Spaß. Jede einzelne Minute macht einfach unglaublich viel Fun. Man bekommt gar nicht mehr das Grinsen aus dem Gesicht, weil Mika entweder sehr extravagant tanzt und springt oder dramatisch und stimmakrobatisch singt oder wie ein erfahrener Comedy-Act moderiert. Das ist ursympathisch, immer on point und dennoch wahnsinnig authentisch.

Er pickt sich zwei Menschen im Publikum heraus, die einen sehr besonderen Platz haben, nämlich in einem Turm über dem Front of House. Er nennt sie König und Königin und lässt sie bei „Underwater“ sogar ganz allein singen, was den Beiden aber doch arg peinlich ist. Dennoch wirkt es von dem Künstler nicht wie ein unangenehmes Fronting, sondern einfach total komisch und britisch. Bei „Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)“ – Body-Positivity, bevor es den Begriff gab – geht Mika durch den gesamten Front-of-Stage-Bereich bis zu den hinteren Stehplätzen und animiert alle wild zum Mitspringen. Bei „Good Guys“ erzählt er von einer Liste an Ikonen, die er mal als Kind angefertigt hat. Menschen, die ihn beeindrucken. Auf die kommt nun auch eine junge Frau, die ihm aus dem VIP-Bereich ein Kölsch bringt, das ist nämlich sein liebstes Bier in der Welt.

So viele persönliche, individuelle Momente, in denen man Mika und seinem Charme verfällt. Doch auch gesanglich haut der Gute nach 18 Jahren immer noch genauso raus wie eh und je. Wer die Songs kennt, weiß, dass das ganz schöne Herausforderungen sind. Auch wenn er im Falsett nicht immer tonal ganz richtig ist, so ist aber locker 95 Prozent korrekt und vor allen Dingen immer mit Mühe vorgetragen. Nix da stimmschonend und schon an Morgen gedacht. Die Instrumentalist*innen unterstützen ihn zum Teil im Background, ein paar kleinere Spuren gibt es aber auch vom Band. Körperlich wird sich ebenso komplett verausgabt, sodass der Entertainer schon ab dem zweiten Song völlig verschwitzt ausschaut. Fancy Anzüge werden trotzdem bis zum Ende getragen – insgesamt vier an der Zahl. Ob Regenbogen-Farben oder Weiß mit riesiger Blume, der kann’s tragen. Beim Finale „Love Today“ ist es obenrum dann nur noch eine Blumenkette mit der Aufschrift „Bloom“. Auch ok.

Showtechnisch erwarten einen neben schönen Lichteffekten, wirklich coolen und arg schrillen Visuals bei „Elle Me Dit“ auch einige Pyroeffekte sowie bei „Happy Ending“ ein Klavier, das in der Hinterwand ein leuchtendes M verbirgt und aus dem dann auch noch Hunderte von Blumen gespuckt werden. Kitsch-Overkill, der bei so viel „Rosa Brillen“-Atmo passt. Manchmal ist mehr eben einfach mehr. Ans Klavier setzt sich Mika für einige Songs selbst und haut mit ordentlich Enthusiasmus auf die Tasten. Oder er vergleicht sich sowie die Zuschauer*innen mit Charakteren aus Winnie Puuh, was in völligem Nonsens abdriftet. „Wehe, davon wird irgendwas gefilmt und landet online“. Natürlich nicht.

15 Songs auf der Setlist ist nicht viel, dafür sind die aber gnadenlose Hits am Fließband. Fast das komplette Debütalbum sowie jeweils mindestens ein Highlight aus den vier LPs danach. Schade, dass es „We Are Golden“, „Rain“ oder „I See You“ nicht geschafft haben, ansonsten kann man aber überhaupt nicht motzen. Ganz im Gegenteil: Mika in Bonn reißt einfach jede Laune nach oben und gibt einem ein hervorragendes Gefühl. Das ist so schräg wie genial, so künstlerisch gut wie herzerwärmend süß. Mehr kann man aus einem Montag nicht herausholen.

:uk: Google translator

Spoiler

How satisfied you are with a concert at the end depends on countless factors. Sound, audience, location, motivation of the artists, accompaniment. To a certain extent even on your own mood. But honestly: can you go home in a bad mood or disappointed after the Mika gig in Bonn? We doubt it.

Mika. That was a while ago. So a quick refresher: Michael Holbrook Penniman, born in Lebanon, has a Lebanese mother and an American father. Even as a toddler, the family quickly moved to London via Paris. At the age of eleven, the talented boy played in an opera at the Royal Opera House, at 19 he went to the Royal College of Music and finally made it into the charts at 23. The first single "Relax, Take It Easy" became a radio hit in his home country in 2006 and shortly afterwards across Europe. The follow-up "Grace Kelly" - released in reverse order here, by the way - also made it into everyone's ears. It's raining with positive reviews, the debut album "Life in Cartoon Motion" is awarded multiple platinum and sells over four million copies. The eagerly awaited follow-up "The Boy Who Knew Too Much", however, falls a little short of expectations - and from the third album "The Origin of Love" onwards, interest steadily declines.

At least here. In France, but even more so in Italy, Mika is still one of the absolute megastars, has been invited as a juror on TV shows such as "X-Factor" and "The Voice" and was even allowed to co-host the Eurovision Song Contest in Turin in 2022. Mika is even recording an entire album in French. However, he seems to have quickly run out of ideas for the German audience, which can be seen on the one hand from the sales, but also from the performances of the almost 41-year-old artist: While they initially played twice in NRW in the Philipshalle in Düsseldorf - today the Mitsubishi - the last tour only played the Kantine in Cologne, and that was in 2012. Since then, fans in the most populous federal state and in the rest of Germany have been waiting for a return.

But 2024 is a good time to ignore sales figures for a bit and simply rely on a loyal audience from back then. The 00s are back and are considered retro, Mika was already retro with his style back then. So if not now, then when? The comeback show in Berlin in April went well, and in the summer they will be playing on two open-air stages. First to the Kunst!Rasen in Bonn to say hi to NRW again, and a few days later to Schwetzingen Castle. You probably wouldn't have guessed that beforehand.

For several years now, Kunst!Rasen has been a really good address for acts that you rarely see otherwise. It's not uncommon for exclusive NRW gigs to take place here. The line-up in 2024 will be wild again, but that also makes it exciting. If you come to the large meadow area on Monday, July 29th, your anticipation will be severely dampened: Not even the front-of-stage area is sold out, and that only costs 10 euros more than the normal standing ticket and is often sold out after a short time. But nothing. There is actually room for 10,000 visitors here, but it is estimated that there will be no more than 1,500. Hard.

Jaimi Faulkner is already playing a really nice opening act at 7 p.m. The Australian, who has lived in Germany for many years, plays beautifully upbeat and good-humored singer/songwriter pop that won't change the world, but is definitely pleasant to the ear. He communicates a lot with the audience and turns his 35 minutes into a pleasant opening, which is good for a summer evening.

Mika starts just three minutes late at just after 8 p.m. At this point, at the latest, you are reminded of two shortcomings of the Kunst!Rasen. The first is the time; after all, 8 p.m. is pretty early for an open-air concert and therefore pretty bright. Much more problematic, however, is the fact that the music here cannot be turned up that loud, which simply takes away some of the fun. It doesn't have to hurt your ears, but if you can still have a conversation at a normal volume or if your surroundings perceive a normal singing along as louder than the act itself, it is clearly too quiet.

Few people, not really loud music - a tragedy? Fortunately, after a few minutes, a little more comes out of the speakers, so that the songs are well recorded and leveled, but also acceptably loud - but the problem with the mini-audience is so neglected after one or two tracks by Mika that it doesn't matter at all whether there are 1,000, 10,000 or even just 10 fans in front of him. With an unshakable enthusiasm and a completely bubbling zest for life, the 100-minute performance quickly becomes a real highlight of the 2024 concert year.

Mika's music sounds like a candy store. In the show, however, it becomes a real paradise thanks to a good four-person band with a standard line-up of bass, drums, keys and guitar, pretty crazy comic visuals and a simply outstanding frontman. The strength of the show is undoubtedly the fun. Every single minute is just unbelievably fun. You can't stop grinning because Mika either dances and jumps very extravagantly or sings dramatically and with vocal acrobatics or presents like an experienced comedy act. It's extremely likeable, always on point and yet incredibly authentic.

He picks out two people in the audience who have a very special place, namely in a tower above the front of house. He calls them king and queen and even lets them sing "Underwater" all by themselves, which is very embarrassing for both of them. Nevertheless, it doesn't seem like an unpleasant fronting from the artist, but just totally funny and British. During "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)" - body positivity before the term existed - Mika walks through the entire front of the stage area to the rear standing areas and encourages everyone to jump along wildly. During "Good Guys" he talks about a list of icons that he made as a child. People who impress him. A young woman who brings him a Kölsch from the VIP area is now on the list, because that is his favorite beer in the world.

So many personal, individual moments in which you fall for Mika and his charm. But even after 18 years, the good guy is still as vocal as ever. Anyone who knows the songs knows that these are quite a challenge. Even if his falsetto is not always tonally correct, it is easily 95 percent correct and, above all, always performed with effort. No voice-saving and no thinking about tomorrow. The instrumentalists support him in the background, but there are also a few smaller tracks from the tape. Physically, he also completely exhausts himself, so that the entertainer looks completely sweaty by the second song. Fancy suits are still worn until the end - four in total. Whether rainbow colors or white with a huge flower, he can wear it. In the finale "Love Today" there is only a flower chain with the inscription "Bloom" on top. That's OK too.

In terms of show, in addition to beautiful lighting effects, really cool and very flashy visuals in "Elle Me Dit", there are also some pyrotechnic effects and in "Happy Ending" a piano that hides a glowing M in the back wall and from which hundreds of flowers are spat out. Kitsch overkill that fits with so much "rose-tinted glasses" atmosphere. Sometimes more is just more. Mika sits down at the piano himself for a few songs and hits the keys with a lot of enthusiasm. Or he compares himself and the audience to characters from Winnie the Pooh, which drifts into complete nonsense. "Woe betide anyone who films this and ends up online." Of course not.

15 songs on the setlist isn't a lot, but they are merciless hits on a conveyor belt. Almost the entire debut album and at least one highlight from each of the four LPs after it. It's a shame that "We Are Golden," "Rain," or "I See You" didn't make it, but otherwise there's nothing to complain about. Quite the opposite: Mika in Bonn simply lifts every mood and gives you an excellent feeling. It's as weird as it is brilliant, as artistically good as it is heartwarmingly sweet. You can't get more out of a Monday.

mika-bonn-1536x1152.thumb.jpg.70e27b3184869f66fa1572b154b08aa7.jpg

• Like 4

Clips from TikTok

sarina_friendlie

That time @MIKA asked for a Kölsch on stage (and got it) 🍺 #mika #mikatiktok #beer #bier #bonn #germany #concert #singer #cheers #prost @Mika Fan Club

sarina_friendlie

Une soirée incroyable hier soir ( 29 juillet) avec Mika à Bonn. Je me suis régalée!! Merci Mika.

Good Guys

idontwannachooseanameem

Omg my favourite comphet song, Good Luck Billy Brown! Thanks @Lucifer Dragon for the pro acting

Billy Brown

addessoluca

Grace Kelly

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

Wait in what way is Billy Brown comphet??! 😂😂

I wonder if they meant to put 'comfort', I didn't know the word comphet so after looking it up... yeah Billy Brown is the least comphet song! 😂

• Like 2

Uploading my videos...

Support act Jaimi Faulkner

Origin of Love

Talk in German during OOL

Talk during Lollipop

Talk during Lollipop about for whom it is the first Mika gig (also some German)

Talk about you

beginning of Stuck in the Middle

Underwater

talk during Underwater / crowd singing

Relax

Relax "imaginary piano"

talk before Good Guys - asking for a beer (Kölsch)

talk about writing Popular Song

Popular Song

another snippet of Popular Song

Billy Brown

Elle me Dit

talk during Elle me Dit (telling the crowd to dance with each other)

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (GK Intro)

Grace Kelly fanaction with glowsticks - didn't go too well, as it wasn't dark yet, but ok, we tried. :lol3: - at least the flowers in the frontrows looked nice. :thumb_yello:

Happy Ending with the flower piano :wub2:

Happy Ending - I filmed that part because from my place I was able to hear his actual voice during the loud parts, it's always so awesome to hear his voice directly instead of over the speakers ... dunno if that comes across in the video, but it was beautiful. :wub2:

Thank you to the crowd

talk during Love Today (including some super cute German ... "hüpfen!" :lol:)

Yoyo dance

and finally, the crowd still shouting for him, minutes after he left the stage 

and that's all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Deepblue said:

@mellody Is that your vibrato during the background singing of Underwater? 😃

Background? Nope, I was just singing when Mika asked us to. :lol3:

• Like 1

On 7/31/2024 at 12:02 AM, TinyLove_CJ said:

That really is hilarious, thank you! 😂

Eeyore really is the best, but let's not start putting prozac in miserable donkeys, long live Eeyore just the way he is!

Ah thanks for that, I didn't understand what he said because never heard of Prozac, lol! 😅 Much agree with you. :thumb_yello:

Btw I haven't seen a full video of this Winnie Pooh monologue yet (didn't film it either), and I suppose that's why he didn't want people to post it, because it's completely out of context how it started. :lmfao: He said something, I don't remember what, maybe about Billy Brown... and then went on to say something like "now that sounded like Winnie the Pooh" - and then on to the part I've seen posted here, about him being Piglet etc.. Would love to see a full version, it really was such a funny and special moment!

On 8/1/2024 at 1:05 AM, CharlotteL said:

Wait in what way is Billy Brown comphet??! 😂😂

On 8/1/2024 at 1:59 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

I wonder if they meant to put 'comfort', I didn't know the word comphet so after looking it up... yeah Billy Brown is the least comphet song! 😂

I had to look it up as well, and one of the definitions I found says that it "refers to the pressure that people feel to live by heterosexual norms and behaviors, even if they do not desire to do so" - so Billy with his ordinary life and cautionary wife, by that definition, would be comphet I guess? :dunno_grin: Obviously the song develops in a different direction, but I assume that's what they referred to.

Anyway, all my videos are uploaded now (except for tiny snippets like one time during Popular when I wanted to take a photo but accidentially had the video function on. :lmfao:).

• Like 7