2024 - Mika @ Musik im Park, Schlossgarten Schwetzingen, GERMANY, 1 August REPORTS / VIDS / PICS

Kumazzz

Is it correct ?

SETLIST

according to

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/mika/2024/schloss-schwetzingen-schwetzingen-germany-23abe4d7.html

• 1. Ice Cream
  • 2. Origin of Love (shortened)
  • 3. Lollipop
  • 4. Talk About You
  • 5. Stuck in the Middle
  • 6. Big Girl (in the audience)
  • 7. Underwater
  • 8. Relax (Take It Easy)
  • 9. Good Guys (with girl who brought beer)
  • 10. Popular Song
  • 11. Billy Brown
  • 12. Elle me dit
  • 13. Grace Kelly
  • 14. Happy Ending
  • 15. Love Today
  • Yo Yo

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Is it correct ?

It is ! 

There wasn't Encore very probably because there was a thunderstorm that was becoming too dangerous. We were incredibly lucky this was the case only at the end and we could have the complete concer, I had doubts when I heard security staff talking in the talkie-walkie and saw the lightnings. And what a gig it was ! A great concert, a wonderful night, the amosphere was incredible ! 

I will try to make a report later, it will be more difficult, so probably shorter than usual, because we're in vacation and so, constantly making things outside, but for now, I will say I didn't regret one second to have fought my greatest phobia for this concert. That was incredible ! 

Edited by Presci1108
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Yeah, it was the same setlist as in Bonn, again no encore, no We Are Golden (although they played it at the soundcheck), and of course no new French songs. :tears: Although he said during the gig that he'll have a day off now. Well deserved of course, but well, his German fans have been waiting 12 years for him to come back, and neither in Berlin nor in Bonn or Schwetzingen anyone even got to say just Hi to him after the show. Security told us he got in the car and left right after the gig.

Bonn was amazing, and although it felt cut short, that was relatable if he had to catch a flight. But the same in Schwetzingen? He literally left us standing in the rain. The moment he left the stage, the rain turned into waterfalls, and I'd have much rather spent that time singing and dancing in the rain, like at the Isle of Wight gig last year, instead of having to leave the venue.

I know though that it's a question of perspective, there were a bunch of things that bothered me yesterday, not all of which were Mika's fault. For example that there were 2 entrances and the other one opened earlier. Or that at least 80% of the frontrow were French fans - I really don't mind them coming to German gigs, but with Mika being in France ALL the time for the last 9 months, all the gigs and chances to win M&G's exclusively in France... well, let's say it like it is, I'm jealous, and I had hoped the Germans would now get their chance. At least Mika refused to speak French when they asked him to. Yup, "cheeky", as he said.

Maybe in a few days or weeks I can look back on this gig with more positive feelings. Right now I'm just disappointed, despite the cute moments of Mika speaking German.

I'm looking forward to read some reviews from fans who enjoyed it as much as you should enjoy a Mika gig - it helps to see different perspectives. :thumb_yello:

On a positive note, our flower fanaction went ok and Mika appreciated it, although the rain started during Happy Ending. And I loved seeing the happy faces of people to whom I gave Mika tissues in the queue. I still have several big packs of those and now decided to give them away to fans who never got a chance to buy them in their country, because leaving them in my shelf for years won't make them any better. Btw, some German fans also asked me about where to buy Mika merch, as again there was no merch stand (I think there wasn't one at any of the festivals?). I told them to try Mika's official online shop.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, mellody said:

Yeah, it was the same setlist as in Bonn, again no encore, no We Are Golden (although they played it at the soundcheck), and of course no new French songs. :tears: Although he said during the gig that he'll have a day off now. Well deserved of course, but well, his German fans have been waiting 12 years for him to come back, and neither in Berlin nor in Bonn or Schwetzingen anyone even got to say just Hi to him after the show. Security told us he got in the car and left right after the gig.

Bonn was amazing, and although it felt cut short, that was relatable if he had to catch a flight. But the same in Schwetzingen? He literally left us standing in the rain. The moment he left the stage, the rain turned into waterfalls, and I'd have much rather spent that time singing and dancing in the rain, like at the Isle of Wight gig last year, instead of having to leave the venue.

I know though that it's a question of perspective, there were a bunch of things that bothered me yesterday, not all of which were Mika's fault. For example that there were 2 entrances and the other one opened earlier. Or that at least 80% of the frontrow were French fans - I really don't mind them coming to German gigs, but with Mika being in France ALL the time for the last 9 months, all the gigs and chances to win M&G's exclusively in France... well, let's say it like it is, I'm jealous, and I had hoped the Germans would now get their chance. At least Mika refused to speak French when they asked him to. Yup, "cheeky", as he said.

Maybe in a few days or weeks I can look back on this gig with more positive feelings. Right now I'm just disappointed, despite the cute moments of Mika speaking German.

I'm looking forward to read some reviews from fans who enjoyed it as much as you should enjoy a Mika gig - it helps to see different perspectives. :thumb_yello:

On a positive note, our flower fanaction went ok and Mika appreciated it, although the rain started during Happy Ending. And I loved seeing the happy faces of people to whom I gave Mika tissues in the queue. I still have several big packs of those and now decided to give them away to fans who never got a chance to buy them in their country, because leaving them in my shelf for years won't make them any better. Btw, some German fans also asked me about where to buy Mika merch, as again there was no merch stand (I think there wasn't one at any of the festivals?). I told them to try Mika's official online shop.

I absolutely get what you mean (i'll probably write a longer review later.) It was great but definitely not the best Mika gig. And i would have really liked to have an encore...

Edited by Perdchen
  • Like 2

I really enjoyed the gig!!

I loved that it was small and intimate and everyone was really relaxed. With both the concerts in Bonn and Schwetzingen, I liked seeing the reactions and talking to fellow Germans who hadn't seen him live yet and all seemed to be having such a great time.

I definitely missed we are golden as well, but tbh the gigs were still about 1h 45min which I think is fine and even though the end seemed a bit abrupt at first, it was definitely clear to me after Yoyo that the gig was finished and I was happy to go and let him go ;)

Speaking of which, of course I would have loved to see him after one of the shows, but I'm not disappointed that he didn't come out. Maybe because I'm a more recent fan and wasn't around when he would regularly spend a good amount of time chatting to fans after the gigs, but I think it's so important to keep in mind that when this happens it's a cool bonus and not something that we're entitled to.

2 hours ago, mellody said:

Or that at least 80% of the frontrow were French fans - I really don't mind them coming to German gigs, but with Mika being in France ALL the time for the last 9 months, all the gigs and chances to win M&G's exclusively in France... well, let's say it like it is, I'm jealous, and I had hoped the Germans would now get their chance

I understand where you're coming from and I would be lying if I said I don't feel jealous from time to time about... various things. But at the same time, I'm really glad that so many French fans showed up, otherwise he wouldn't even be able to do shows in Germany.

And by the same logic that means that we as German fans shouldn't stand in the front row at the concerts in other countries. I know that#s different because he does way more shows in France, Italy, etc. But I'm just saying if it's ok for us to travel to Strasbourg and Lucca and everywhere else and stand in the front row, then same goes the other way around.

I definitely agree that it wouldn't have been cool if he had started speaking French for the rest of the gig... but he didn't.

So as long as everyone around me is dancing and singing with me, why would it matter to me where they're from?!

The flower fanaction turned out beautifully and it was actually kinda cool when it started raining in the middle of Happy Ending.

Even though I would have found it even cooler to get home dry :D

3 hours ago, mellody said:

And I loved seeing the happy faces of people to whom I gave Mika tissues in the queue.

Hahaha definitely a highlight in Bonn and Schwetzingen to see you offer those to fans. People either look delighted or utterly confused and both is very fun to me!! :lmfao:

• Like 17

Though I wasn’t at the gig in either Bonn or Schwetzingen, I do understand the sentiment that is being shared here. However if I may; when I read the last few posts, another point of perspective came to mind:

Mika constantly speaks about fusing his worlds and making them come together and simply….dance. This refers to different levels: language, culture/background and also just pure geography. He has multiple of those and they all represent parts of him. Over the years he has gathered fans from all those different parts of him who don’t have the rich background he has. And although most of us are aware of this, it can STILL cause a divide…. but I don’t think that any of us wants that to happen, much less Mika himself.

I have just gained even more understanding for his delicate position. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, mellody said:

And I loved seeing the happy faces of people to whom I gave Mika tissues in the queue. I still have several big packs of those and now decided to give them away to fans who never got a chance to buy them in their country, because leaving them in my shelf for years won't make them any better.

In case you still have a small pack left when we meet again at any future concert next year (🤞🙏) or so..., please bring them again (in case then you still want to give them away). That's something I missed to get for myself. :blush:

54 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

Speaking of which, of course I would have loved to see him after one of the shows, but I'm not disappointed that he didn't come out. Maybe because I'm a more recent fan and wasn't around when he would regularly spend a good amount of time chatting to fans after the gigs, but I think it's so important to keep in mind that when this happens it's a cool bonus and not something that we're entitled to.

I understand where you're coming from and I would be lying if I said I don't feel jealous from time to time about... various things. But at the same time, I'm really glad that so many French fans showed up, otherwise he wouldn't even be able to do shows in Germany.

And by the same logic that means that we as German fans shouldn't stand in the front row at the concerts in other countries. I know that#s different because he does way more shows in France, Italy, etc. But I'm just saying if it's ok for us to travel to Strasbourg and Lucca and everywhere else and stand in the front row, then same goes the other way around.

I definitely agree that it wouldn't have been cool if he had started speaking French for the rest of the gig... but he didn't.

So as long as everyone around me is dancing and singing with me, why would it matter to me where they're from?!

I agree with your whole post, but especially these two things, very well said! 💛  And by the way, it was very nice meeting you before the gig and also again afterwards in the parking garage. 🤗

I for myself enjoyed this gig very very much. 🥰 It somehow felt a little more special for me, a litte more than Bonn, maybe because I knew it would be the last concert for me this year (and who knows for how long) and therefore I soaked it up very consciously... And probably also because I probably had the best spot in a Mika concert I've ever had. 😁 He went in and out the audience just in front of me and also in the end stood right in front my nose on the barrier for the end of Happy Ending. (And I didn't even notice him coming...I was so preoccupied with getting into my rain poncho that I didn't noticed until I looked up again like a minute after and suddenly saw him standing there 😱😂)

And the rain itself (starting just in the end, perfect!) was somehow great too!

So I carry away very nice memories of this concert. 🥰

I'll need to check later for some photos or videos which are worthy to share here...

Oh and I also very much appreciated that he refused to talk in French. So see, when he is in Germany, he is loyal to his German fans. 😊

Edited by Lexa
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

And by the same logic that means that we as German fans shouldn't stand in the front row at the concerts in other countries

You're right about the international character of Mika's gigs and I'm fine with a bunch of French or other foreign fans in frontrow, like in Berlin for example - but if MOST of the frontrow at a French or Italian gig would be German fans, I'd find it just as inappropriate as vice versa. :dunno: That's not to put blame on anyone, you just don't check how many other international fans are coming and whether it's appropriate to stand in frontrow. You don't, and you shouldn't. This is not supposed to be a suggestion to change anything, but it was just one of the things that added to my disappointment. I'm just as allowed to be disappointed by that as French (or any other) fans are allowed to stand in frontrow wherever they want to. ;)

Same goes for meeting Mika - he has every right to not meet fans if he doesn't feel like it, and I have every right to be disappointed by that. Especially since I haven't been lucky in that regard at all this year - but well, I can't change what Mika does, I just have to draw my own conclusions from it, because *to me* it IS part of the experience of following him. Not necessarily at every gig, as he used to in the old days, but it's getting less and less and well... as I said, I have to see for myself what to do with that, and I'm sure he's happy about the newer fans like you who don't have the comparison to how it used to be. :lol3:

• Like 1

Thank you @Kumazzz for sharing my videos!

Here's some of my pics:

20240801_203429.thumb.jpg.4683a551037fb8662f11da50ea750020.jpg

20240801_204105.thumb.jpg.f5f3d8e9d26362fe10e9a975034ae7c2.jpg

20240801_204109.thumb.jpg.5abbc2b2941f2f569281eb4f7de0ffd5.jpg

20240801_204122.thumb.jpg.f9489f0c8cda7a316f52a06464620d04.jpg

20240801_212259.thumb.jpg.68ca37332e9ae00fb755e5b7035923dc.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.2859cfacdb9cd84b0f113b6d6c4c9edd.jpeg

20240801_215003.thumb.jpg.b8fd3698ef8d9e26868ab98399466b01.jpg

It was my first summer show this year and I really enjoyed it! The wait was nice even if we had some rain in the afternoon and the show was amazing! It was really nice to hear songs I hadn't heard live in a while! :) And I'm glad the rain waited until the end of the show before falling because I was totally drenched 😂

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mellody said:

You're right about the international character of Mika's gigs and I'm fine with a bunch of French or other foreign fans in frontrow, like in Berlin for example - but if MOST of the frontrow at a French or Italian gig would be German fans, I'd find it just as inappropriate as vice versa. :dunno: 

I'm sorry, it's partly my fault (I know you don't mean it like it, I just don't know how to word it differently), but this was probably because I was the first at the second entrance, simply because I was lost in the city (I don't even kidding, actually, I lost myself TWICE) arrived at another entry to the garden nearer to that entrance, and so, the other french gathered naturally around me like "thank god, another french speaker, I can understand him/her in case I don't understand, let's help each other",and so, we finished by being a 90% french line. And since they opened it before the other entrance, it explains why there was mostly french people at the first row. Honestly, I'm sorry for you they opened your door after us, it should never happen at any concert and I would feel disappointed too if I was in the "wrong" line. :no: 

I also think one of the reasons it finished so quickly was at last partly because lightning started to touch the floor on the city at the end of the concert, (I knew it because, with the phobia I got, I couldn't help to follow the storms on my phone...) and so, I'm nearly sure the staff decided to not pursuing he gig, judging it to be too dangerous. I understood it that way and I was even afraid they would interrupt the gig before its actual end, because when the storm became stronger, I heard some communications were made between staff members, and I found they looked worried and/or annoyed (not very good at reading facial expressions, though.) Maybe I'm totally wrong, but I found it consistent with the rapidity of the staff taking us outside of the area... 

Anyway, I really wish there will be more concerts in Germany now, for you all, I would probably feel like you if I wasn't french :hug:

4 hours ago, Lexa said:

He went in and out the audience just in front of me and also in the end stood right in front my nose on the barrier for the end of Happy Ending. (And I didn't even notice him coming...I was so preoccupied with getting into my rain poncho that I didn't noticed until I looked up again like a minute after and suddenly saw him standing there 😱😂)

Oh yes, it was the best moment of the concert for me ! I was defintely in your area, he was really near me too, and it was the first time I could really dance with him around  on Big Girls too ! ^_^  That was so great ! 

Edited by Presci1108
  • Like 2

Schwetzinger Zeitung

https://www.schwetzinger-zeitung.de/orte/schwetzingen_artikel,-schwetzingen-umarmung-von-saenger-mika-fuer-den-schlossgarten-schwetzingen

Musik im Park
Umarmung von Sänger Mika für den Schlossgarten Schwetzingen

Musik im Park 2024 ist gestartet!

Mika verzückt zum Auftakt des Open-Air-Reigens im Schlossgarten Schwetzingen am Donnerstagabend die Besucher.

Schwetzingen. Blumen gleich zu Konzertbeginn gab es am Donnerstagabend für Mika. Der libanesisch-britische Sänger eröffnete vor rund 1500 Besuchern, so die Schätzung von Veranstalter Provinztour, Musik im Park im Schlossgarten Schwetzingen.

Die dunklen Wolken, die sich am Himmel auftürmten, hatten gegen die rosarote Bühnenkulisse keine Chance: Von der ersten Minute an hatte Mika sein Publikum mit Titeln wie „Ice Cream“ und „Origin Of Love“ auf seiner Seite – und einen ihm zugeworfenen Strauß Hortensien in der Hand.

Nicht nur deshalb schien er sich wie „im Garten aus Alice im Wunderland zu fühlen“, wie er bewundernd über seinen Auftrittsort philosophierte und fragte: „Wer ist die Herzkönigin?“ Für ihn sei es „das schönste Konzert, dass ich je gegeben habe“, umarmte er Schwetzingen mit Worten.

Der Auftakt mit Mika am Donnerstagabend war trotz überschaubarer Menschenmenge auf dem Festivalgelände und dem ein oder anderem Grummeln am Himmel fein. Dario und Marco Klein aus Hockenheim alias Used hatten vor Mika ihren großen Auftritt und gaben Vollgas.

:uk: Google translator

Spoiler

Music in the Park
Hug from singer Mika for the Schwetzingen Palace Garden

Music in the Park 2024 has started!

Mika delights visitors at the start of the open-air series in the Schwetzingen Palace Garden on Thursday evening.

Schwetzingen. Flowers were given to Mika right at the start of the concert on Thursday evening. The Lebanese-British singer opened Music in the Park in the Schwetzingen Palace Garden in front of around 1,500 visitors, according to estimates by organizer Provinztour.

The dark clouds that were piling up in the sky had no chance against the pink stage backdrop: From the first minute, Mika had his audience on his side with songs like "Ice Cream" and "Origin Of Love" - and a bouquet of hydrangeas thrown to him in his hand.

That was not the only reason why he seemed to feel like he was "in the garden of Alice in Wonderland," as he philosophized admiringly about his performance venue and asked: "Who is the Queen of Hearts?" For him it was "the most beautiful concert I've ever given," he said, embracing Schwetzingen with words.

The opening with Mika on Thursday evening was fine despite the small crowd on the festival grounds and the occasional rumble in the sky. Dario and Marco Klein from Hockenheim, alias Used, had their big performance before Mika and gave it their all.

2230172_3_teaser1024r056_66abe2a1d70bb.thumb.jpg.4c47beed47733363ed219701984904d5.jpg

• Like 4

Schwetzinger Zeitung

https://www.schwetzinger-zeitung.de/fotos_fotostrecke,-fotostrecke-knallbunter-auftritt-mika-eroeffnet-musik-im-park-2024-in-schwetzingen

Konzertreihe

Knallbunter Auftritt: Mika eröffnet Musik im Park 2024 in Schwetzingen

Der libanesich-britische Sänger Mika verzaubert den Schlossgarten mit energiegeladenen Songs und ausgefallenen Outfits.

Der kauzige Freigeist weiß, wie man eine Menschenmenge mitreißt.

:uk: Google translator and PICS

Spoiler

Concert series
Brightly colored performance: Mika opens Music in the Park 2024 in Schwetzingen

The Lebanese-British singer Mika enchants the castle gardens with energetic songs and unusual outfits.

The quirky free spirit knows how to get a crowd going.

2230293_1_teaser1180r056force_387790468_387766599.thumb.jpg.afc7564349baaa63c60bac09510423d8.jpg

2230290_1_teaser1180r056force_387790468_387766347.thumb.jpg.0643b5b2a0c99043fbd07a6685a54dea.jpg

2230294_1_teaser640r132force_387790468_387766620.thumb.jpg.f31f5c6c2442f3051333596ca7ccb3b0.jpg

2230291_1_teaser1180r056force_387790468_387766368.thumb.jpg.86fef757dbd1dca482fe344609c31241.jpg

2230296_1_teaser1180r056force_387790468_387766683.thumb.jpg.e9025ee827a4e0909a824c15ce52abfa.jpg

2230288_1_teaser640r132force_387790468_387766305.thumb.jpg.f78fb0b5342bafc7a36e844fe26bb0ab.jpg

2230295_1_teaser1180r056force_387790468_387766641.thumb.jpg.9fbc7bbe90af0d02eb2bdfa6a8680bae.jpg

2230279_1_teaser1180r056force_387790468_387762863.thumb.jpg.c724045972db05b3eb89c3903d2c9c43.jpg

2230292_1_teaser1180r056force_387790468_387766578.thumb.jpg.ac1cdf3f90a7f4542e448490fa9e23fa.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Here is an article behind the PAYWALL...

Die Rheinpfalz

https://www.rheinpfalz.de/startseite_artikel,-schillernden-show-mika-im-schlossgarten-_arid,5677361.html

02. August 2024 - 15:38 Uhr

Schillernden Show: Mika im Schlossgarten

Was Mika so alles drauf hat? Sein Auftritt im Schlossgarten in Schwetzingen stellt es eindrucksvoll unter Beweis. Der 40-jährige versprüht farbenfrohe Duftnoten, wirkt energiegeladen, topfit und kostümverliebt.

Manchmal genügen schon ein, zwei starke Songs, um einen Künstler gut zu finden und ein bisschen Fan zu sein. Der britisch-libanesische Sänger Mika ist so ein Fall: Unweigerlich klingelt

:uk: Google translator

Spoiler

Dazzling show: Mika in the castle garden

What can Mika do? His performance in the castle garden in Schwetzingen impressively proves it. The 40-year-old exudes colorful scents, appears energetic, in top shape and loves costumes.

Sometimes just one or two strong songs are enough to like an artist and become a bit of a fan. The British-Lebanese singer Mika is one such case: Inevitably, the phone rings.

6548041_1_articledetail_dsc06896.thumb.webp.69dab974b22a2c39abde1f9feccbcc34.webp

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So, here is my little report. My first and last gig of the summer tour, my first open air, and also, my first in a no french-speaking country. It was the concert of the first times. It was also the last of the year and my way to celebrate my bachelor, so I was decided to enjoy it at the maximum. Because of this quite contraring element (the thunderstorms), I couldn't enjoy it as much as I wanted, but it was amazing anyway ! 

Like I said, I loose myself twice in Schetzingen, a thing that is pretty much annoying when you don't understand a thing of the given explanations.:lol3:  Now, I can tell my german is very bad, I learned it at school for 5 years, but apparently, I forgot nearly everything, it was apocalyptic, I undersood nothing ! So, the first time I was lost was in the morning. We arrived at Schetzingen, and Bam, we didn't find the castle entrance. We went and went for at last 30 min, I thought I found it, but it was a graveyard (yes...) so I entered some kind of city hall, the guy rapidly understood I'm french, but it's a english speaker he searched because nobody knew french. The guy told us the way, and we finally arrived at a little entrance to the garden. This entrance, not the principal one of the castle, was near an entrance to the concert area where there was nobody. So, being the shy girl I am, I stayed here all alone. Another french girl came, then a third : we were only 3 for several hours, it was strange, but, naturally, very relaxed and an easy way to be acquainted to each other, even for me. Actually, the most relaxing queue I ever experienced, so it was very nice. Except the following people started to ask for numbers, and so, one of the girls I befriended found herself asked to give numbers, and we made our own queuing and number systeme for our entrance. It started to pour down rain in the afternoon, we were soaked wet, that was pretty hard, but fun a the same time. At the end, we were all pretty acquainted with each other, and we all made the same sparkles make-up for being assorted, that was fun.:hug:

For once, I was lucky, having chosen the "good" entrance. We could go at the front row without even running, and our trio managed to stay together, and THAT was wonderful. It was the first time I could spend the gig with people I met and with whom I already lived some good moments, it was really nice to share that with other fans, usually I loose the people I spent the day with at the concert. Not being alone added a really nice touch to the atmosphere. :hi5:

I had an excellent spot, first row, left, nearly at the center. 

The supporting act was a rock group, I found it was nice. BUT at the same time,I already felt I didn't enjoy it to the fullest, because of the dark clouds starting to grow nearer. I have a phobia of thunderstorms. I don't  know how it started, I just know I'm able to make panick attacks when I'm under one. Having thunderstorms at my first open air concert was the worst possible scenario for me, and honestly, I'm surprised to see how well I managed it. I mean, it may seem little for most people, but for me, being outside while lightnings and thunder are there, is normally very challenging.Even in the concert, I felt the urge to sometime look at where the lightnings were. The thing is, Mika being Mika, I forgot the weather in the course of the show. Currently, the lightning clouds added to the atmosphere. 

It was the first time I went to a gig where Mika didn't speak french. But I understood most, and we laughed a lot. Seeing his efforts to speak german was adorable. I found him talkative, funny, and he seemed happy to be there and smiled a lot. I liked the way he played with flowers and petals with Max and a poor security staff that didn't ask anything   :lol3:  Or the little german song he sang. Or the fact that there was so much french accents and we had to make our "underwater" sounds more german. His mimics when we had to follow him for Underwater. He said it was one of the most beautiful venue he performed to. I also really loved when he filmed us. I never expected I could appear in a Mika's story, and being part of that audience felt suddenly like a great privilege.  I found the public reactive, happy, and it's hard to believe there was only 1500 people, since it screamed and sang a lot. It was nice, though, to have the room for dancing. 

The setlist could have been better for my taste, but at the same time, I was happy to hear songs I didn't hear since an eterniy, especially SITM and Good Guys. Ah, Good Guys, what a joy to hear it again ! Plus, it was cute with his "beer-friend" and fan near him. And Popular Song ! I never heard it live, so it's always a pleasure to discover new songs in live. I don't necessarly love the melody of the song, but I must admit I always felt strangely good with its lyrics. So when he asked the people that felt like losers at school to raise their hands, and then told this song was for us and our singing were our revenges, I felt strangely warm especially since I celebrated my own revenge on life with my bachelor that same night.  :wub2:

At Big Girls, he went in and out the crowd in my area. He also stopped to dance with us, and for the first time, I could really dance with him near me. ^_^ And for Happy Ending... He was happy with the fan action, but the best moment for me was obviously this moment he came and stood at the barrier, just beside us. I didn't expect that at all. When I saw him coming in my area, just near us and near me, and stay here for some time and sing, it was very strong for me. It was the moment the rain started and the thunder became stronger and somehow, I found the rain falling precisely for this song magic, and having him near me like that was even more magic. :swoon:Easily, my best memory of this concert. It was a suspended moment. 

This concert was for me the occasion to discover once more the incredible power Mika has on my well-being, since it was literally the first time of all my like I was under a thunderstorm and didn't even panick or felt bad. We didn' hear thunder anyway. Though, like I said, I'm sure it was partly because of that we didn't have WAG and an encore. Objectively, it started to become bad at that moment, there was more and more lightning, and for Love Today, we were soaked, to the point my clothes aren't even dry yet at that moment. It's true I would, too, have preferred the concert to continue, at that moment, I didn't gave a damn about thunder anymore. But it is what it is. End of the dream, end of the best year of my fan's life, my 4th gig of the year, and the beginning of a strong emptiness feeling... I'm without concert to wait for the first time in months, and that's hard. 

After the concert, I lost myself in the city for the second time : the security staff prepared us an exit totally at the opposite of the gathering point we had wih my family (who spent the day making some tourism, and at Sea Life, at the pleasure of my brothers and sister). And here I was, in a city I didn't know, with people talking a language I didn't understand, rain entering even my baskets and walking under thunder, my phobia. It was simply like in my worst nightmares. I don't know how I found the strengh to, but I didn't panick and managed to hide myself under an hotel's door and tell my parents some clues to find me, and it worked. Honestly, I wanted to tell that little adventure because I felt really pride of myself after that, now I feel like I can handle anything. :lol3:  Having fresh memories of the day and the concert helped me a lot, and the positive feelings I had, still lingering in my heart, helped me to keep my head cold and remember I was an adult, and could manage this alone.   Now, the next time I feel stressed because of a storm, I know I can remember that under the same kind of thunderstorm, Mika was singing before my eyes, just near me and it was wonderful  :heart:

OK, so I told I would write a "little" report, and I wrote a novel, plus it's pretty disorganised. :lol3: But here are my fresh memories of this incredible experience, this new incredible concert. Gosh, the fact I don't have any left now hits hard... 

Edited by Presci1108
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

@Presci1108I loved reading your “novel” (it was perfect! You really described everything so well, as if I was with you!) and first of all what an achievement to have conquered your phobia of thunderstorms: thanks to Mika and his music that evening. That is amazing!! I hope that this positive experience strengthens you further to make it manageable and for you to overcome it one day. This was such a good start!! 

Secondly, you don’t have to apologize for queueing and standing front row. If you are queueing like everyone else and you just happen to be lucky that your entrance was opened a little sooner than the other one, it’s what can happen at every gig in every country and it can happen with anyone. 

So glad you got to queue and experience the concert together with your newfound friends! That’s what I think is the beauty of this fan community and the best thing of the whole concert experience. Amazing!! So happy for you!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

@Presci1108I
So glad you got to queue and experience the concert together with your newfound friends! That’s what I think is the beauty of this fan community and the best thing of the whole concert experience. Amazing!! So happy for you!!

That reminds me of something I forgot to say. ☺️ Yes, it's a great experience to meet other Mika fans before the concerts and this year, with the German concerts, starting in Berlin and it countinued in Bonn and Schwetzingen, I was for the first time really talking and connecting with other people before the concert. Probably because, obviously, it were home gigs, finally many German speaking people around me.  

When going to gigs in other countries, mostly this are the French speaking venues, it never felt right to me to go and talk to others too much, didn't want to crash their groups they seem to stand in...I used to be quite shy anyway. And I would not be able to talk or understand much in French even if I tried to introduce myself to anyone.

I once met some MFCers in Verona, yes, that was a little glimpse of that feeling already. ☺️

In Berlin now, with the language barrier gone, I finally started to talk to others and found that many others are also coming alone, and like that then suddenly there's a group of lonely concert goers waiting together and chatting and having fun whilst waiting. This is the first time I experienced it in that way and I really enjoyed that. 😀

I met quite a lot more of you MFCers now thanks to these 3 concerts, but also people who are not in this forum. These new contacts are just for those days normally, but they are very nice still. :heart:

So, just saying into the crowd here: Thanks for this great experience!

• Like 6

16 hours ago, mellody said:

Same goes for meeting Mika - he has every right to not meet fans if he doesn't feel like it, and I have every right to be disappointed by that. Especially since I haven't been lucky in that regard at all this year - but well, I can't change what Mika does, I just have to draw my own conclusions from it, because *to me* it IS part of the experience of following him. Not necessarily at every gig, as he used to in the old days, but it's getting less and less and well... as I said, I have to see for myself what to do with that, and I'm sure he's happy about the newer fans like you who don't have the comparison to how it used to be. :lol3:

I just read through this and @CharlotteL's and your previous posts and as someone who's been in the musical theatre community for much longer than I've been a Mika fan, this is quite a common, albeit upsetting thing to read tbh.

In case you don't know - in musical theatre there's something called stagedooring, which is the practice of fans queuing at the stage door after a performance in the hopes of meeting the performers. I've done it quite a few times and have always enjoyed it even if it was just one person who came out to see us or if it was the whole cast. I've also stagedoored for one person specifically (twice even!) and when that person didn't show (both times), I was obviously quite upset, so I really do understand your sentiment.

However, I have two things I want to say about this. First, it is very important to me that everybody waiting for Mika afterwards understands that him coming out and saying Hi is not part of the ticket and therefore also not included in the experience. Getting to meet him is a new and different experience, separate from the concert. If you get to meet artists or actors after a show or a concert, it is because they do it out of the goodness of their hearts. The money that you pay to see them is only to see them perform on stage. 

Secondly, I think you have every right to be upset about him not coming out after the Germany shows and you can also talk about that freely in private conversations with your friends or other fans. Discussing your disappointment publicly, whether on the MFC itself, or on Instagram, is something that, in the theatre community at least, is an absolute no-go. Imagine if Mika sees what you have written. I can imagine he'd feel quite guilty to have let people down, even after having done an amazing almost 2-hour long show.  He might habe been feeling drained or tired after a show like that, or there might have been something else going on in his life that required his attention or that made him want to go to bed as soon as possible. We don't know and it's not our job to guess why he couldn't or didn't want to meet fans after the show.

My point is that I have also been sad when I haven't seen a performer I was looking forward to in a role or when someone I really wanted to meet didn't come out of the stage door after a show, so I completely get what you mean, really! I would just be cautious about posting about it online and saying that *to you* it is part of the experience, as you never know who might see those posts and who you might be upsetting in the end.

Edited by jatspeedy
  • Like 9

27 minutes ago, Lexa said:

In Berlin now, with the language barrier gone, I finally started to talk to others and found that many others are also coming alone, and like that then suddenly there's a group of lonely concert goers waiting together and chatting and having fun whilst waiting. This is the first time I experienced it in that way and I really enjoyed that. 😀

Loved reading this, because I know exactly what you mean. My Italian is non existent (I know a phew phrases and can do hand gestures :lol3:) and I pretend that I know French, but I am by no means conversational.

But I do speak English and I do speak German, so being in Berlin was also quite special (and confusing, because I’ve been traveling to see Mika in other countries and I always ask myself when I wake up “okay, what language is it today?”, as reference I look at the street names and when I saw German first thing waking up I was like “OH YES!! I KNOW this one!!!” :lol3:

But yes, having less of or no language barrier at all, that definitely adds to the experience in a wonderful way!! Exactly like you have described. 

• Like 3

@jatspeedythank you for your post. In addition to that, I would also like to add a different perspective that we also need to consider: 

I am fairly sure that Mika doesn’t want anyone to risk their health or sleep by waiting for him in the pouring rain or the cold for hours on end, just to see him after the show. And I truly believe it has nothing to do with him not wanting to see his fans, he just wants everyone to have a good time and make it home safe and healthy, is my impression. 

• Like 8

On 8/1/2024 at 7:22 PM, Mikasister said:

I have a technical question (sorry I ask here and not in the technical help section, it's about the Schwetzingen videos). Why can I download the two videos from the Social Media update thread ⬆️, but cannot download this video from Mika filming from the stage which was shared here in this thread? ⬇️ Same as the first video here in this thread which shows both Schwetzingen park videos together.

Could anyone share the two videos from this thread here again in the version that one can download? The stage video and the 2in1 video?

On 8/2/2024 at 12:35 AM, Kumazzz said:

mikainstagram stories after the concert.

Edit: I see that the one version videos seem to be uploaded here and the other version is only embedded from YouTube. But is there a way to also download the YouTube videos?

Edited by Lexa