2024 - Mika @ Basel, Baloise Session, Switzerland - 26 October

Prisca

1 minute ago, krysady said:

They told me if I don't get them in time, it's not a problem, they can send them by email.

I also asked them why they didn't have the e-ticket option, and this is the answer:

"The event organiser decides whether print@home tickets can be used or not.
This depends on the organisation and entrance control procedures at the event venue.

The security measures to protect against forgeries and illegal onward selling also play a part in this. Traditional tickets on pre-printed and forgery-proof paper can generally be checked easily and are secure against being illegally reproduced."

Well, you will get your tickets one way or another.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2024 at 6:27 PM, Nessaja said:

On the Website of Baloise Session it says that Natalie Imbruglia will start at 8 PM and Mika at 9.45 PM

https://www.baloisesession.ch/en/session/power-songs-2024-10-26

Screenshot_20240823-182344_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.648c8dab0ce37d66f0e41d4ea44249d1.jpgScreenshot_20240823-182350_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.37f4f66e9bf457125a963e2ca61c0f4f.jpg

I don't know why I thought Mika would start earlier... because if he only starts at 9:45 and the concert ends at 11, that's not a very long set. :no: Somehow I thought Natalie would start at 7 and Mika at 9, so it would be a normal length set of 2 hours ... it's so weird that I didn't notice this, because I know the times were on the website already when the tickets went on sale and I looked them up. Maybe I had expected he'd only play 4 songs and so 1hr15 seemed long to me in comparison to that. :doh: Or I'm just really getting old and can't calculate anymore. :facepalm: :lmfao:

4 hours ago, mellody said:

I don't know why I thought Mika would start earlier... because if he only starts at 9:45 and the concert ends at 11, that's not a very long set. :no: Somehow I thought Natalie would start at 7 and Mika at 9, so it would be a normal length set of 2 hours ... it's so weird that I didn't notice this, because I know the times were on the website already when the tickets went on sale and I looked them up. Maybe I had expected he'd only play 4 songs and so 1hr15 seemed long to me in comparison to that. :doh: Or I'm just really getting old and can't calculate anymore. :facepalm: :lmfao:

Well, 1h15min is almost a full set. And in Switzerland they aren't normally so strict with curfew. I don't think they'll stop Mika if he sings a little longer.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Prisca said:

And in Switzerland they aren't normally so strict with curfew. I don't think they'll stop Mika if he sings a little longer.

That's good to hear. In the UK (Bristol) last year, and also at the last 2 gigs I went to, in Bonn and Schwetzingen (tho maybe for other reasons), it felt so cut off and I just hope that won't be the case. I know tho that it's not really a question of the actual length of the gig, because Isle of Wight didn't feel cut off, although it was just a 45min set.

Bottom line: I worry too much, as always. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mellody said:

That's good to hear. In the UK (Bristol) last year, and also at the last 2 gigs I went to, in Bonn and Schwetzingen (tho maybe for other reasons), it felt so cut off and I just hope that won't be the case. I know tho that it's not really a question of the actual length of the gig, because Isle of Wight didn't feel cut off, although it was just a 45min set.

Bottom line: I worry too much, as always. :rolleyes:

One of my best concerts this year was the private concert in Lyon and that was only 45 minutes.

And if Mika has to leave quickly, as in Bonn and Schwetzingen, there is unfortunately no way to change that ... :mellow:

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, krysady said:

Finally got them!! :punk:

That was fast (I mean, of course, this time that the tickets were sent.! :yay:

Seems to be our lucky day. A book that I ordered three weeks ago finally arrived today (I was going to write to them). :yay:

Edited by Prisca
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Martina Josefsson said:

I was wondering what sort of time everyone would arrive at the venue on the 26th? With numbered seats no real rush as such, but would be nice to meet up as I am new to MFC :clap:

Probably an our before,but i am in basel already on the 25th.

12 hours ago, Martina Josefsson said:

I was wondering what sort of time everyone would arrive at the venue on the 26th? With numbered seats no real rush as such, but would be nice to meet up as I am new to MFC :clap:

We've been talking about meeting up beforehand on the 26th. We could also meet somewhere else for lunch or coffee for example since as you said, we don't have to be at the venue early :)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

Nous avons déjà parlé de nous retrouver avant le 26. Nous pourrions aussi nous retrouver ailleurs pour déjeuner ou prendre un café par exemple puisque comme tu l'as dit, nous n'avons pas besoin d'être sur place tôt.:)

Bonjour, moi aussi, j arrive à  Bâle le 25, donc le 26, je serais super contente de partager un déjeuner ou repas avec vous !🥰

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Martina Josefsson said:

11 hours ago, Francine said:

Bonjour  Martina,

Cela serait en effet sympa de se rencontrer. 

Moi aussi, je suis inscrite depuis seulement quelques mois, et j ai mon billet pour Bâle. 

Francine

Mon mail : hourquetfrancine@yahoo.fr 

11 hours ago, Liv1680 said:

Probably an our before,but i am in basel already on the 25th.

1 hour ago, CharlotteL said:

We've been talking about meeting up beforehand on the 26th. We could also meet somewhere else for lunch or coffee for example since as you said, we don't have to be at the venue early :)

I've opened a thread where we can plan a meetup: 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2