2024 - Mika @ Basel, Baloise Session, Switzerland - 26 October

Prisca

6 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

But we dance with strangers all the time! SOMEONE tells us to :teehee:

Sure, but that's different. You expect to be surrounded by strangers at a gig. You don't expect to sit at a table with them. 

If 1 person can buy 6 tickets and a table seats six, why don't you sort yourselves out into groups before the sale starts? 

6 hours ago, silver said:

If 1 person can buy 6 tickets and a table seats six, why don't you sort yourselves out into groups before the sale starts? 

Because you might not get any tables at the front. It's more difficult to get 6 seats at the front than 1 or 2 seats, in my opinion.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Prisca said:

Because you might not get any tables at the front. It's more difficult to get 6 seats at the front than 1 or 2 seats, in my opinion.

I agree with you. My friend had this situation while buying tickets for the London gig last year. She wanted 4 tickets in the same row next to each other and the best available was in the M row.

I bought only one ticket and had the row C.

Here it might be as well some VIP or sponsors for pre pre sale. So we will see next week the real plan of available places. Some tables will be already partially sold.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Prisca said:

If you look the video on this page, the people on the front are almost on stage:

https://www.baloisesession.ch/de/programm/club-vip-packages

You can see in that video that a) there are more people at the stage than would be in the front just from the tables, so I assume people are allowed to move to the front and don't have to stay at their table. So if you want space, the front tables might not be the best choice. So, not us, we don't want space, we want to be close. :naughty: But random guests who book the top category might be annoyed by that. Secondly, and that affects us too, you can see a few tall security guards standing in front of the stage. If you end up right in front of one of those, frontrow might not be so awesome. :dunno_grin:

What worries me more than getting a ticket for Mika's show is that all the tickets go on sale the same time - so Take That fans might crash the website and block it for hours. For Mika it might be a small venue, but for Take That it's tiny.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mellody said:

What worries me more than getting a ticket for Mika's show is that all the tickets go on sale the same time - so Take That fans might crash the website and block it for hours.

Do you think there will be that many fans for Take That? After all, we're not in the 90s anymore...

5 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Do you think there will be that many fans for Take That? After all, we're not in the 90s anymore...

We are not in 2007 anymore and still, here we are... (obviously kidding but some people might think the same about Mika :teehee:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, giraffeandy said:

We are not in 2007 anymore and still, here we are... (obviously kidding but some people might think the same about Mika :teehee:)

The same was said about Robbie Williams. Was in Isle of Wight last year. We wondered where all the Robbie Williams were. First the Mika fans came to queue, then Niall Horran fans. Robbie Williams fans were almost none until the doors opened...

16 minutes ago, mellody said:

What worries me more than getting a ticket for Mika's show is that all the tickets go on sale the same time - so Take That fans might crash the website and block it for hours. For Mika it might be a small venue, but for Take That it's tiny.

Ticketcorner is not just any small ticket seller, so hopefully it shouldn't crash...

3 minutes ago, Prisca said:

The same was said about Robbie Williams. Was in Isle of Wight last year. We wondered where all the Robbie Williams were. First the Mika fans came to queue, then Niall Horran fans. Robbie Williams fans were almost none until the doors opened...

Just remember all the Spice Girls fans in Madrid last year... Never underestimate fans from the 90s. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Just remember all the Spice Girls fans in Madrid last year... Never underestimate fans from the 90s. 

Anyway, Ticketcorner Switzerland sells 10 million tickets a year. A few tickets for such a small venue should crash the website? 😅

We're not talking about the website that sold tickets for Carcassonne...

10 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Yes it’s true! Never underestimate those 90’s fans :lol: But that’s because I’m one of them :teehee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

They sold out arenas all over Europe on their recent tour. :dunno_grin: Well ok, to be fair, the ones in Switzerland weren't sold out... And, checking the dates, I suppose many of their followers will be in Malta for their weekend event which also starts on the 17th. So we might be lucky.

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

The Robbie Fans queued at the other entrance. 🙈

2 hours ago, Prisca said:

Anyway, Ticketcorner Switzerland sells 10 million tickets a year. A few tickets for such a small venue should crash the website? 😅

We're not talking about the website that sold tickets for Carcassonne...

I guess you're right, they've improved much in the last few years. But I'm thinking of Paleo festival or Carcassonne, it might not be a "crash" of the site but that was still chaotic. I hope the site itself will work fine and we can access the Mika gig without being in a waiting line with all the other gigs for this series.

Is anyone going to this box office sale in Basel next week (dunno how close you all live)? 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, mellody said:

The Robbie Fans queued at the other entrance. 🙈

I don't think already in the early morning. They probably came with the first bus.

I guess you're right, they've improved much in the last few years. But I'm thinking of Paleo festival or Carcassonne, it might not be a "crash" of the site but that was still chaotic. I hope the site itself will work fine and we can access the Mika gig without being in a waiting line with all the other gigs for this series.

There was no crash with Paléo, the demand was simply huge. It is the biggest Swiss festival with 100,000 visitors (OK, my figures don't seem to have been quite up to date: 250,000! visitiors) in 6 days. After all, Ticketmaster didn't crash in France when Mika sold thousands of tickets for his Zeniths in a very short time. And it wasn't just Mika who sold his tickets.

Is anyone going to this box office sale in Basel next week (dunno how close you all live)? 

I'm not planning to go there.

Edited by Prisca
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Yes it’s true! Never underestimate those 90’s fans :lol: But that’s because I’m one of them :teehee:

"Don't stop moving to that funky funky beat." :lol3:

• Haha 1