MFC pre-show meetup Basel 26 Oct 2024

mellody

MFC pre-show meetup Basel 26 Oct 2024  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to meet up in Basel on the 26th?

• Yes, with dinner at 6pm
    • Yes, in the afternoon for drinks
    • Only at the venue from 6:30pm
    • No

Thought I'd open a thread to see who'd be interested in meeting up in Basel on the afternoon of the gig. As we have reserved seats we don't have to queue, so we could even have dinner at 6, before heading over to the venue. Alternatively, the venue also has food stands, selling small snacks, they open at 6:30pm, so we could also just meet there. Let me know in the poll what you prefer, then I can see if I can organize something.

Edit: We'll be meeting at https://en.klarabasel.ch/ from 4:30pm, with the option to have dinner there at 6. Let me know whether to include you in the reservation.

If not, we'll see you later at the venue.

• Like 6

Btw, if any of you want to meet up for lunch or the day before the gig, you can also discuss this here. But I guess the afternoon of the gig day is when most MFCers will be in town already, so for some sort of official meetup that's probably the best option. I was thinking ca. 4-7pm, with dinner at 6. As so far I've only found restaurants where the kitchen opens at 6 or maybe 5:30 the earliest.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Hero said:

You need an "all/any of the above" option. :yay::biggrin2:

Just pick your favourite, so I know what I can try to organize. ;) For meeting at the venue (or the "no" option :mf_rosetinted:) there's no need for organization.

• Like 1

I have to pick up the ticket at the box office and I'm afraid I won't have time to meet you. 

If this is the case, I might look for you during the intermission or when the concert is over so I can at least say hello to you.

P.S. I arrive before the 26th.

Edited by Maria Patricia
Add text. Correct conjugation of the verb arrive

Thanks everyone for your votes so far.

For those who want to meet up before going to the venue, I've been looking for places and sent a pre-request for a reservation to this bar/restaurant, a 5 minute walk from the venue: https://en.klarabasel.ch/ . They offer drinks and cookies in the afternoon, and food from 6pm. It's self-service from a choice of 9 different kitchens, so there should be something for everyone. Wheelchair-accessible too.

I'll make a list of MFCers who want to join, so I know for how many I can book & for what time (my suggestion is to start at 4:30pm, but if you prefer a different time, let me know). If you'd like to join, plmk for which option I can add you.

1) Joining ca. 4:30pm for drinks & maybe dinner

CharlotteL

Chiara 83

happysammi

Hero

Maria Patricia

mariposa

Martina Josefsson

mellody

Mila

Prisca

2) Joining only at 6pm for dinner

lormare73

We'll meet the rest of you at the venue later - I suppose around 7pm. At least I plan to go to the venue directly from there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, mellody said:

Thanks everyone for your votes so far.

For those who want to meet up before going to the venue, I've been looking for places and sent a pre-request for a reservation to this bar/restaurant, a 5 minute walk from the venue: https://www.klarabasel.ch/ . They offer drinks and cookies in the afternoon, and food from 6pm. It's self-service from a choice of 9 different kitchens, so there should be something for everyone. Wheelchair-accessible too.

I'll make a list of MFCers who want to join, so I know for how many I can book & for what time (my suggestion is to start at 4:30pm, but if you prefer a different time, let me know). If you'd like to join, plmk for which option I can add you.

mariposa

mellody

2) Joining only at 6pm for dinner

We'll meet the rest of you at the venue later - I suppose around 7pm. At least I plan to go to the venue directly from there.

Can you please add me for the afternoon and the dinner?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mellody said:

mariposa

mellody

Prisca

I'm in for option 1, thank you! It's just up the block from my hotel too. :lustslow: Although I might be more 5pm ish, I have a tendency to underestimate how long I take to get ready. 🙈

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Plmk soon if you want to join, so I know for how many people I can book. And also ask your friends - there are 60 ppl on the RSVP list, so I suppose most haven't seen this yet. I'll ask a few of the "regulars" via DM, of those who haven't voted that they'll meet us at the venue.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mellody said:

Plmk soon if you want to join, so I know for how many people I can book. And also ask your friends - there are 60 ppl on the RSVP list, so I suppose most haven't seen this yet. I'll ask a few of the "regulars" via DM, of those who haven't voted that they'll meet us at the venue.

I can' t decide yet  cause i have my sister with me and i have to "park" her somewhere.She will probably go sightseeing by that time and while i am at the gig.Will ask her what she wants to do asap.As for me and the time it will probably be better to do one thing (the first) cause i have to bring the wheelchair back in the hotel around the corner from the venue before the gig.And the Restaurant is too far for me to walk there.

Edited by Liv1680
  • Like 1