The Tee Total Thread

Beckar

But thats what scotlands like innit? me dunnos XD

Not all the time - the West coast tends to be quite wet, but I live up a Glen, and we often have wonderful weather. The North can be a bit windy - but there is no other place I would rather live :D

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh...Then what do I have growing...<puzzled>

I don't know. A triffid??:naughty:

Seriously, if it's a bush and the berries are pale, then I'm a bit puzzled about what it could be. Are they definitely edible? There is something called symphoricarpus (snow berry), but I don't think that they're edible.

Elder flowers are white, but as far as I know the berries are always dark.

oh...Then what do I have growing...<puzzled>

This page is about the plant. For other uses of the word Elder, see the disambiguation page Elder.

Elderberry or Elder

Black Elder (Sambucus nigra)

Scientific classification

Kingdom: Plantae

Division: Magnoliophyta

Class: Magnoliopsida

Order: Dipsacales

Family: Adoxaceae

Genus: Sambucus

Species

See text

Elder or Elderberry (Sambucus) is a genus of between 5-30 species of fast-growing shrubs or small trees (two species herbaceous), formerly treated in the honeysuckle family Caprifoliaceae, but now shown by genetic evidence to be correctly classified in the moschatel family Adoxaceae. The genus is native to temperate to subtropical regions of both the Northern Hemisphere and the Southern Hemisphere; the genus is more widespread in the Northern Hemisphere, with Southern Hemisphere occurrence restricted to parts of Australasia and South America.

The leaves are opposite, pinnate, with 5-9 leaflets (rarely 3 or 11), each leaf 5-30 cm long, the leaflets with a serrated margin. They bear large clusters of small white or cream coloured flowers in the late spring, that are followed by clusters of small red, bluish or black (rarely yellow or white) berries. Species have lifespans between 80 and 100 years.

The berries are a very valuable food resource for many birds. Elders are used as food plants by the larvae of some Lepidoptera species including Brown-tail, Buff Ermine, Dot Moth, Emperor Moth, The Engrailed, Swallow-tailed Moth and The V-pug. The crushed foliage and immature fruit have a strong foetid smell. Dead elder wood is the preferred habitat of the mushroom Auricularia auricula-judae, also known as "Jew's ear fungus".

Contents [hide]

1 Species groups

2 Uses

3 Trivia

4 References and external links

he gets on my nerves :D:naughty: and I don't like the songs lol

hmm reminded me of veikko from superstaar :D don't know why *wink*:wink2::naughty:

Hmm, i don't know who this veikko was, if he was the grazy one, then I know :D I like Aare, he's a guy with blonde hair:thumb_yello:

Hmm, i don't know who this veikko was, if he was the grazy one, then I know :D I like Aare, he's a guy with blonde hair:thumb_yello:

OMG I hate him.. :D:D:D I've hated him since Õige Valik lol :D he looked weird in Superstaar, I don't know, the hair.. they were weird:blink:

OMG I hate him.. :D:D:D I've hated him since Õige Valik lol :D he looked weird in Superstaar, I don't know, the hair.. they were weird:blink:

Are you talking about Aare?:blink: He was in Õige Valik also?