• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

typically its just random shifts eithe 6.45am - 2pm or 2pm - 9pm

if i am very unlucky then its 6.45 - 9pm

they have brought in this new rul about breaks which i disagree with where by your only aloud a 20min break for every 7hr shift

so if i have to work a 14hr shift im only aloud 40mins break :thumbdown:

poor you, that's inhumane,

are you on a friendly ward at least?

so, come on, tell us what was it....

i am still pondering as to what to have for lunch

might get inspired

I had tuna crunchy sandwich (celery , peppers) in brown bread with a large latte! , sat outside in the sun watching the baby ducks on the pond:thumb_yello:

poor you, that's inhumane,

are you on a friendly ward at least?

it varies from day to day but yes most of the time it is friendly and you can have a laugh ...except when the manager is around :naughty:

I work in this huge kind of manor house thing that looks after elderly patienst who can no longer care for themselves. Its set up in the middle of the countryside surrounded by fields...plus from my house it takes 1 minute maybe even 2minutes to walk there :naughty:

it varies from day to day but yes most of the time it is friendly and you can have a laugh ...except when the manager is around :naughty:

I work in this huge kind of manor house thing that looks after elderly patienst who can no longer care for themselves. Its set up in the middle of the countryside surrounded by fields...plus from my house it takes 1 minute maybe even 2minutes to walk there :naughty:

That is such a difficult job , my poor gran (dies one year ago today) was put into a care home , she hated it but we had no choice , such a shame

I had tuna crunchy sandwich (celery , peppers) in brown bread with a large latte! , sat outside in the sun watching the baby ducks on the pond:thumb_yello:

ahhh, that is so peaceful... did you give any to the ducks...

that sounds very tranquil, old folks are dears but i know some too that are very demanding,because they want things to happen immediately...is it a kind of long term hospice?

That is such a difficult job , my poor gran (dies one year ago today) was put into a care home , she hated it but we had no choice , such a shame

the trouble is that there are so many bad ones around where the carers just do their jobs but for every bad one there are two good ones, i have met many who look after the elderly and they do a super job, making it real fun tobe there, th thing is to treat people as individuals and respect their wants and wishes, most of the senior folks have had such a rich life that they kind it hard to slow down...they need to be shown that they are still valued and listened to...

im just lucky i guess even though it is hard to remain happy at all times because its easy to get attached to patients and plus with other things happening at the moment ....I just have to keep listening to Mika :naughty:

im just lucky i guess even though it is hard to remain happy at all times because its easy to get attached to patients and plus with other things happening at the moment ....I just have to keep listening to Mika :naughty:

yes i know exactly what you mean...(apart from the other things that are happening) Mika is there for comfort and reassurance...that's what his music is all about, inspiration...the way forward