Beckar

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

English is niceeeeee:thumb_yello: Me loves that language!:bleh:

:roftl: when I was a kid I used to say I didn't speak English I spoke Canadian hahah then when I moved to the states I said I spoke American:biggrin2: I was little though when I thought that.. like 5 years old.

In Australia people thought I was American. Even people from the States. :blink:

My boyfriend speaks a real English sort of English. He lived in England for two years. His English sounds much better than mine. :biggrin2:

:roftl: when I was a kid I used to say I didn't speak English I spoke Canadian hahah then when I moved to the states I said I spoke American:biggrin2: I was little though when I thought that.. like 5 years old.

there must be quite a few words thar soundthe same but have a different meaning like american and english

In Australia people thought I was American. Even people from the States. :blink:

really? what kinda accent do you have? or are you able to pick up accents easily? I tend to pick up peoples accents then I sometimes start talking like them :D

there must be quite a few words thar soundthe same but have a different meaning like american and english

Well theres differences in the English language like from England to Canada.. but the language itself is still called English, even if there are some different meanings, but then theres slang thats different wherever.

:blink: hope thats not confusing.. kinda confused me while typing it :roftl:

Well theres differences in the English language like from England to Canada.. but the language itself is still called English, even if there are some different meanings, but then theres slang thats different wherever.

:blink: hope thats not confusing.. kinda confused me while typing it :roftl:

so some words mean different things

really? what kinda accent do you have?

Ehm... American? :blush-anim-cl: Don't know actually, hope a native speaker can tell me!

or are you able to pick up accents easily? I tend to pick up peoples accents then I sometimes start talking like them :D

That is true, I pick up accents quite easily. Also in Dutch. The funny thing is in Australia I traveled with people from the UK (England, Scotland), Ireland, Germany... Just met a few Americans, so I didn't really pick up their accent...

Beckar, my friends say I sound posh too. It's annoying isn't it?

mika sounds posh to some, he jokingly calls it his airport voice, but it is really only an educated way of speaking, and not using every second word as a swearword

Haahaha. Love Today was just on our local radio. But it was a live version.. sounded all acousticy. Then they gave out a random fact that his sis yasmin is an artist. Oh I neever knew that XD -scarcasm-

so some words mean different things

I like the difference between Dutch and Flemish (the Dutch that is spoken in the northern part of Belgium). About 80% is similar, about 20% is so different. :biggrin2: